Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

335xi 2011 1200 miles deal or not ?

slav_girevikslav_girevik Member Posts: 7
Hi everyone,

I would like to know what you think about the deal I was offers by a dealer.
335xi turbo automatic steptronic trans. , coupe, white metallic, cold weather pack, premium pack, nav system, satellite radio, ipod/USB adapter,
MSRP 54,100

has 1200 miles on it used by BMW rep. warranty has not been started on this car... but to me it is a used car. their offer $45,500 out the door not tax.
they claim that they lose $4500 on the deal ..
i personally don't think it's a deal since Edmunds.com appraisal come only for 42k even it's BMW certified.. would like to hear what you guys think

Comments

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    If it hasn't ever been registered to anyone (no plates issued) then it's not a used car.

Seems like an okay deal as a "new" car, about $3K less than invoice....HOWEVER, although it is a new car, it's still last year's model, so you'll have to consider that when 2012 rolls around, you'll have two years depreciation.

I'd say $42000 is about right but not so sure they'd give it to you for that. You can try.

Why is it left over? Is it a weird color?
  • Options
    graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    Not to disagree with Mr Shiftright, as I have the highest regards for his opinion. It is true that it's now last year's model. But, it's also true that it could be considered a new car. 1,200 miles is nothing on this car.

It's a sweet car (nearly identical to my 335i except for xDrive and the color).

For comparison's sake, the '12 model will look almost identical to the '11 coupe.

$44K may be a little strong. But, this is a highly desirable car sitting almost at the very top of BMW's 3 series line-up (M series being the top). It has all the desirably options. I'd offer $43K and see if they bite. If not, I'd go $43,500 as a final offer. Walk if they don't take it.

For that car, I'd say it's a great deal.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    edited March 2012
    We're not disagreeing...I think I said "it's not a used car". :) My point was that say by fall of this year, it'll be competing with 2013 cars and so will definitely suffer some depreciation "inherently"--that is, regardless of mileage or condition.

I also think it's a pretty good deal but needs to be a little lower asking price.
  • Options
    slav_girevikslav_girevik Member Posts: 7
    Thank you guys for your reply and your input. Car was not registered yet i guess it's "new" but last year. it's white color and why they have not sold it yet I don't know. I agree car is sweet. I want sporty BMW with all wheel drive since i drive to the mountains all the time.
    but i am not "desperate" to have it. I have older 325xi that serves the purpose for now.. I will offer them $40K cash and see how they react. I will keep you updated if you are interested.

PS
    from same dealer i bout in 2010 new (custom ordered) x5 diesel and was able to close deal at $54,200 of course at that time BMW was offering if i remember correctly $4500 cash credit for diesel.