Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Accord CVT Problems

kkuhnskkuhns Member Posts: 8
edited May 2015 in Honda
I bought the 2013 Accord LX with the 4 cyl. and CVT. I can reliably reproduce an issue where the CVT stutters or jerks when gradually accelerating at in-town speeds (e.g., 10-40 MPH). It happens most often when going from a slow speed (e.g., 5-10 MPH) and gradually accelerating. I took it to the dealer and the garage manager rode with me and experienced the problem. We then went and got another 2013 LX off the car lot and drove it, and eventually reproduced the issue there as well. Later, the shop hooked up my car to the diagnostic tools and drove it to reproduce the issue, but no codes or out-of-spec messages appeared, so they said this is normal. Has anyone else felt this jerky behavior with the new CVT in the 2013 Accord?

See Also: CVT Problems

Comments

• rodutrodut Member Posts: 343
    Historically automatic transmissions were a weak spot for Hondas. Relatively short life expectancy, and some jerking was considered normal.

Since 1991, I bought 4 Hondas: 2 automatic transmission (Pilot and Accord), and 2 manual transmission (Accords). I really loved the manual transmission Accords. Unbelievable reliability, very nice to drive, dream cars.

Putting an automatic gear box on a Honda is a crime. It should be against the law. I am joking, obviously. ;)
  • ahossa1ahossa1 Member Posts: 52
    I read on the Temple of VTEC or Honda Forums of the same problem you are experiencing but no solutions as yet. I believe the general consensus so far is that is normal unless Honda Engineering can come up with a fix. I have the V6 and no issues as yet.
  • barkatalimbarkatalim Member Posts: 1
    Honda like Altima has switched to CVT transmission in it 2013 Accord. I don't know how much Honda tested its new CVT technology before implementing it in 2013 Accord. I am worried about CVT in Accord and see an issue about stutters when gently accelerating from 5 to 40mph. Time will prove how reliable these new CVTs are in Accord.
  • ronbroredronbrored Member Posts: 4
    I am also experiecing the low speed jerk issue. The dealer just shrugs and says thats the way it is. A significant flaw in Honda's engineering in my opinion. Very disappointing. I would NOT recommend this car until Honda corrects the problem. Its puzzling Honda would put this car on the market knowing full well the jerk problem exists. I regret having purchased the car.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142
    If you are a parent of young children (at least one under 12 years old) who owns a the latest model VW Passat or Honda Accord sedan, a reporter would like for you to fill out a survey, due by December 1, 2012, for use in a print publication. Please email [email protected] no later than Friday, November 30, 2012 for a copy of the survey.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• kkuhnskkuhns Member Posts: 8
    I too am very disappointed and hesitate to recommend this car. Also, the struts provide a very stiff drive. I'm going to complain to Honda and encourage you and others to do so as well. If enough people push this issue, we can hope that it might lead to a service bulletin and fix at some point. Thanks for the comments.
    The stiff suspension makes the car very stable when turning. It doesn't tilt much. I always thought I could never rollover with such a stiff and low center of gravity car. Actually I love that.

About Hondas automatic transmissions mild jerking ... good luck with that ! I waited for like 20 years ...

There is just one solution to make you happy. Go on YouTube, and type: "manual transmission tutorial". Learn it, and buy a manual transmission car. Especially young guys will love it. After a while. In the beginning is cumbersome. But after you master it, having full control over what the car does, makes life nicer.
  • alvlee01alvlee01 Member Posts: 5
    your "jerking" is user error. I have driven them on a daily basis, no jerking. Also, there is nothing "NEW" about Honda's CVT...they have been engineering CVT transmissions for years, it is just refined to be smoother than Nissan's. Please do your homework before questioning Honda
    I don't think it's particularly fair (or courteous) to bash people who just spent a bunch of money on a brand new vehicle that isn't performing to their satisfaction. It's perfectly reasonable that they'd want answers.

Instead of just saying it's "user error," perhaps offering tips on how to avoid such an error would be more helpful.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

True. Also kkuns probably has a very good connection with the car. He "feels" it. It was the same with my wife and me. She never felt the auto transmission jerking. I always felt it. Actually I doubt my wife could feel a flat tire. She might think the road has potholes.

I saw deaf and numb service advisors. They couldn't neither hear nor feel anything. Or perhaps they didn't want to. After the warranty expires, their hearing improves a lot. It's miraculous !
  • ronbroredronbrored Member Posts: 4
    To say the jerking is "user error" is ridiculous and to suggest doing "your homework" before voicing concern about a very real problem is asanine.
    Just because kkuhns may have experienced no jerking issues does not negate the fact that some owners have. I don't care how long Honda's CVT has been around significant troubling issues in the 2013 Accord do exist. I blame myself for not picking up on this issue before purchase but I did. So...... buyer be warned.
  • happybenhappyben Member Posts: 1
    I am thinking about buying a 2013 honda accord. This issue make me really concerned.
    There is a Paddle Shifters on sport version. Is it a solution of this issue if I do the transmission manually by the Paddle Shifters?
  • wayne21wayne21 Member Posts: 259
    edited November 2012
    Honda has a long history of transmission problems. Instead of fixing the problems, they usually extend your warranty after a class action lawsuit. I believe the old saying: as good as honda engines ARE, their transmissions ARE NOT. I own an automatic accord and have had several transmission in it. When it came to buy a new car I went the toyota route. I haven't had a moments regret.

I think buying a first year model anything is risky and to have this "first ever cvt in an accord", knowing of honda's transmission past, would be really sticking your neck out.
  • scfloridascflorida Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2012
    I bought a 2013 Honda EXL Accord coupe about three weeks ago. I have noticed the slight jerking at low speed starts around 20 miles per hour. This does not seem to occur if you start quickly and get up to 40 miles per hour. I have owned Honda products since 1994 and have never had a problem with any transmission (or anything else for that matter). Will be taking this in to the dealer to see what they say in the near future. Love the car and all its new features. Hope this is something that can be solved. More of just an annoyance at this point.
  • jackson72jackson72 Member Posts: 6
    I received a quote for the 2013 Honda Accord EXL w/Navi for $26,684 + $790 Destination Fee + $199 anti-theft window etching that I'm told is mandatory on all vehicles + documentation fee and taxes. Dealership was unwilling to waive the destination fee and window etching. Do think this is a good deal for $27,673 + taxes?
  • gee22gee22 Member Posts: 82
    I would be very surprised to hear that window etching is mandatory in any state. If it is, you must have one strong auto dealership lobby in your state. I would suggest you verify their claim.
  • descolorfuldescolorful Member Posts: 4
    Concerning transmission jerking...I am an avid Honda owner 2007 & 1995 and wanted to buy a new one...However...I have driven 6 models and all with CVT jerk @ low speeds
  • adamrsnivelyadamrsnively Member Posts: 1
    Jackson72, that seems like a very good quote for EXL with Navi. What city and state are you purchasing vehicle? I received best quote for EXL WITHOUT Navi for $26,900 with $140 doc fee and taxes. Adding Navi is an additional $2k and you only pay additional $633?? Would love to know where to get your deal please?
  • voicemailkingvoicemailking Member Posts: 83
    Seems like a great deal!!
  • ahossa1ahossa1 Member Posts: 52
    Great price. MSRP in NYC. Go for it!
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    edited November 2012
    Sorry, but I have to jump in and disagree. Honda does NOT have a "long history" of automatic transmission problems.

Yes, they did have an unusually high number (for Honda) on some V-6 Odysseys and Accords. Still, percentage wise not that many caused trouble. We always hear of the problem cars but we don't hear about the overloaded, poorly maintained Odysssey that has 300,000 miles and still running fine.

That said, since I've been retired for two years now, I can't speak about the CVT's. Honda has been using CVT transmission in Insights and Civic Hybrids since 2000 and have had few problems.

I do know that all transmissions have their own feel and what someone else may not notice or care about can be perceived as a "problem" by others.

Nobody wants to hear a Service Manager say " They all do that" but sometimes this is the case and just normal operation.

I did drive my buddy's 2013 Accord demo and I was totally impressed. I didn't feel or notice anything amiss with his CVT.
  • pgm17pgm17 Member Posts: 51
    edited November 2012
    I have a 2013 Accord Sedan LX CVT for about a week now. I have noticed this whole transmission thing but only when you are very light on the throttle. If you try to ease into the throttle you feel the jerking. But if you give it a little more gas than usual it eases right in without jerking. Turning on the ECON makes it worse too. It almost feels like when you drive a stick and aren't giving it enough gas. I mostly notice it when trying to keep the 'bars' dark green.

Sorry about your buyers remorse, but overall I love the new design, features and that the LX had all the features I wanted (Alloys, Auto Climate, Auto Lights, Bluetooth and Camera) without having to go up to the EX-L like my 2009.

On a side note for the hosts, can we rename this group like the other ones "Honda Accord (2013+) Maintenance and Repair" and close the previous generation to "Honda Accord (2008-2012) Maintenance and Repair" to keep the format the same for these groups. Thanks!
  • kkuhnskkuhns Member Posts: 8
    To offer a general reply to various comments and an update...
    The Honda Service Manager felt the jerking problem (twice) and acknowledged it was real, both in my car and another new car from the lot. I took it back later and they hooked it up and captured a snapshot of the transmission behavior and sent it to Honda engineering. Meanwhile, I sent a fax to Honda America explaining the problem and asking for an investigation. Later, I received a call from a Honda America rep asking for more details about my issue - he seemed genuinely interested. Apparently he talked to Honda Engineering and they asked my Service Manager to bring my car in again to take another snapshot. I took it in and don't you know, for the first time I could not reproduce the issue when I needed to. The Service Manager said that Honda Engineering wanted to see a snapshot clearly showing the issue. He said they might have an experimental fix to offer, but they need to reproduce the problem so they can see the before and after behavior after applying the update. So, I'll go back again later and try to reproduce this so they can send in a "before" snapshot, then we'll see if we can get the "fix" and see if it helps. If others are having the same issue, I encourage the same effort to see if you can send in a snapshot and perhaps get this fix.

Regarding the use of a manual transmission, I have used them for years, but the new Accord with the CVT gets better gas mileage than the manual, and I wanted the best gas MPG I could get. If I can get a fix for the CVT and/or it lasts 200K miles, I'll be happpy with that.
  • deerlake7deerlake7 Member Posts: 176
    I'll weigh in on this issue as well. Right after I purchased my '13 Accord/CVT, I noticed this jerkiness as well. I felt it going between 10 and 20 mph, with a very light throttle. Immediately after it happened, I could easily reproduce it. Now, after almost 2000 miles, it cannot be reproduced. It's simply gone and I don't know why. In the end, it's been a good purchase and much, much better than the '09 Camry I traded in. Hopefully the jerkiness will never return, we'll just have to see.
  • anne99anne99 Member Posts: 11
    According to the manufacturer of your car, there are many problems with your car, but the manufacturer will never make most this information available to you (other than recalls).
    If you’d like to know what’s wrong with your car, according to the manufacturer, please follow these steps to obtain a list of the recalls, campaigns, and technical service bulletins for your car (the list is free).

The manufacturer provided these documents to the dealerships to diagnose and repair cars more quickly than if they didn’t have this info (in a database). Normally, you wouldn’t have access to this type of information (other than recalls), but thanks to Alldata.com, you do now

1) http://www.alldatadiy.com/TSB/yr.html
    2) Select the year of your vehicle, e.g. 2009
    3) Select the manufacturer, e.g. Honda
    4) Select the model, e.g. Accord
    5) Select the Engine type

Three things will be listed

1) Recalls
    2) Campaigns
    3) Technical Service Bulletins (TSB)

Each entry in the index represents a document will have obtain access to if you purchase a subscription from Alldata.com (Alldata.com does not mail you anything; the documents will be available on their web site in a PDF format)

To purchase a subscription, select Click Here to Access full recalls and Technical Service Bulletins (above the list of the bulletins)

It is not uncommon to find a statement in the bulletin, indicating that, if the customer has the problem described in the bulletin, the dealership is authorized to repair the car for FREE (and bill the manufacturer)

If you find a bulletin of interest to you, call the service manager at your local dealership and ask if the dealership will repair the car for free (you might even consider mailing the bulletin to the Service Manager at the dealership so we can resolve the issue over the phone before you take the car to the dealership)
  • koctailzkoctailz Member Posts: 87
    I had a 90's Accord and did have my automatic transmission fail on me. I have an 07 Civic Hybrid. It has a CVT. It is different than an A/T and especially at lower speeds. I get a pulse or jerk sometimes at low speed as well, especially when cold. I am at 90k mostly frwy miles with mine and fine so far. Prior year Civic Hybrids did have notorious CVT failures. My Civic Hybrid has had many issues, which were thankfully all covered under warranty, but CVT was not one of them. As the result of the class action lawsuit over my Civic Hybrid I have $1500 rebate for buying or leasing a new honda. Even with that nice rebate I don't know if I will use it. The 13 V6 EXL is the only Accord I would even consider. 34mpg on frwy with a lot of power is a nice cruiser. I am waiting for the 14 Mazda 6 at this point.
  • spacef1spacef1 Member Posts: 1
    Jackson - Great price. Could you please share the dealer location and confirm if this is with Nav or without Nav.

Thanks !!
  • koctailzkoctailz Member Posts: 87
    you say few problems regarding CVT in Civic Hybrid. Please see this thread:

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/WebX/.f0b3259?displayRecent

477 posts regarding CVT issue/failures. There were recalls due to this on the HCH's made prior to 07.
    I thought I replied but it didn't go through. Sorry, it was a typo. I meant to say $27,684 + $790 destination fee + $369 document fee + $199 mandatory window etching fee + taxes. So, new total is $29,042 + taxes. Is that still a good deal?
    Did somebody drive both the 2012 Accord (hydraulic power steering) and the 2013 Accord (electric power steering) ? Could it be true that the electric power steering is tiring on long straight line driving (like on highways) ?
  • metal1metal1 Member Posts: 1
    I purchased a 2013 Honda Accord Sedan Sport. I noticed if you take the car to about 20mph and then apply the brakes gradually as if creeping up to a stop sign you will feel a jerking motion before coming to a complete stop. I'm also noticing a sluggish feeling when accelerating slowly around 20mph. It does not happen if you accelerate quickly. I think it might have to do with the CVT Transmission.
  • christian1962christian1962 Member Posts: 9
    Hello everyone. I've been driving a 2013 Honda Accord Sport CVT I purchased September 19 (over 2 months). Overall, I am absolutely thrilled with the car at this time. The Sport model, in particular, is a screaming deal. I paid 23K$ plus tax, tags.
    As this is an "issues" column, I do have a few...

The aforementioned CVT issue at around 20mph under light acceleration may be real, although I felt it was fairly imperceptible on my car. As I have over 3K miles on it, I'll check it again as another poster said it was gone by 2K miles. Obviously for me, it wasn't a major issue but I'll check into it for y'all.

Rather, my biggest gripe is with the infotainment system (I'm a software engineer). It all feels pretty alpha/beta in the whole system for many reasons:

1) I set the Trip A to reset after each fill-up. Well, it works, kinda. Except the avg fuel economy is not retained under Icon #2 (historical Trip A)!!! It works fine with other reset options, including manual, but not after a fuel tank fill-up. Hello Honda software dudettes?

2) I have a very late model Android phone and have issues with both Pandora loading/starting under Bluetooth (inconsistent), proper phone directory sync (it can mix up people's entries), voice recordation for speed-dial (it labels some entries kinda wacko-like and can't be manually edited!). Indeed, I have multiple phones synced, but even after 'Factory reset' from the Other options menu, is still getting confused!

3) Android USB MTP not supported. Okay, Google bungled that one, but still! How hard can it be to provide an MTP driver inside the car?

4) Bluetooth sound relay is inconsistent and/or slow.

5) Why can't I activate the rear camera manually?

6) Too much lawyerish nonsense, non-evident customization options, etc. As I said, feels like beta software. The first two issues issues above being UNACCEPTABLE.

But she does drive like a car double its price!
    edited November 2012
    Oh yes, the Econ button is pretty much junk marketing. Maybe, just maybe, I like to use it on hilly roads with the Cruise Control ON as it may allow for a less jerky/immediate acceleration which is mostly not desired following traffic on a hilly country road.
    Overall, it just makes the car react more dully and I haven't seen any fuel consumption benefit at all! Granted, unless I'm driving sporty, I'm a particularly smooth driver that may use the breaks in corners just about almost never as all just flows at optimal speeds for my intention. Nevertheless, I think that button is a gimmick.
    For a 2013 Honda Accord EXL w/Navi, I was quoted $27,684 + $790 destination fee + $369 document fee + $199 mandatory window etching fee + taxes. Total is $29,042 + taxes. Any thoughts on whether this is a good deal? Do you think prices will be lower in March 2013?
  • jebtjbjebtjb Member Posts: 1
    I'm new to this forum and came upon it tonight. I just purchased a 2013 Honda Accord EXL w/ NAV 2.4L from Lee Honda in Auburn, Maine. The salesman misquoted a vehicle without air and we had been talking about a vehicle with air. This was the last of the month and they wanted to sell me a vehicle. The sales manager asked if I could give him a chance to see if he could get what I wanted. I gave him the color and inside trim color of my choice. He came back with $27,799.00 plus $294.00 Doc. fee. I pick up my the new car tomorrow afternoon. This was far below what other dealers had quoted me. I am concerned about the transmission problems that has been discussed here. The vehicle I test drove tonight did not seem to have that issue.
  • carcam123carcam123 Member Posts: 7
    I have a one month old 2013 honda accord V6 no navigation. I started it yesterday and only sound coming from radio was garbled screeching, metalic static sound with music greatly muted in background. There was also new sound from dash, a steady buzzing or humming, completely audible like a relay or contact was being shorted. After driving 15 min. home with this occuring, I shut down car, Upon restart the problem was gone. I read in this forum this has occured for some other V6 no navigation owners. I feel like this is going to recur. Does anyone else have this problem?
    Hi - this discussion is for people to discuss issues they're having with their 2013 Accords. We have a Honda Accord Prices Paid discussion, which is the best place to exchange pricing info. Thanks!

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR

• natedogg3natedogg3 Member Posts: 1
    I purchased the same car with Navi. I've experienced the exact same problem twice. In reading other Honda blogs we are not alone. However, it's still to new of a problem for techs to determine cause for now. Hopefully soon.
    edited November 2012
    1) I checked the issue of jerkiness at low speed / minimal gasoline influx. It hasn't disappeared, but on my car (3K+ miles) is really not what I consider something I would need to get fixed (=not very noticeable). My concern is only whether the belt in the CVT may be possibly running under non-optimal conditions (?) I have the feeling, though, that because the car is otherwise so smooth, it's possible that people driving grandpa-style all the time may notice more acutely that the silky smooth is sort of missing at 25mph !?

2) Factory reset of Infotainment seems to have not made any difference, even with only one phone configured (paired) to it. And the pairing process each time you enter the car seems to be worse. The cold snap (28 degrees F) we're having nights in Central Virginia right now may have something to do with that...

3) Another bug (this one, an interface logic bug): to set the temperature of the climate control while the fan is off - yes! that is a normal function of any car, that is heating the incoming air from outside at speed while fan is off - a user must turn on the fan to gain access to temperature control (!?!) That's nonsensical. Also, the Auto climate control hates to regulate the fan speed until it fully gets to the set temperature, which is not optimal, especially when heating. It should ease off the fan speed the closer the temperature is being reached. If that's what it's doing (?) then that function needs to be optimized as I always intervene manually before the car does.
  • pgm17pgm17 Member Posts: 51
    I have a 13 LX CVT Sedan and set my trip A to reset with each fill up.
    It moved down the miles per tank but not the avg mpg!

I wonder if Honda checks these forums and will take note or maybe I will write them.

If they do fix these bugs, do you think it is it a simple software update to the unit or the car computer?

I assume the unit would not need be replaced!
  • perunestperunest Member Posts: 42
    Honda transmissions have had a record of excellent reliability for many years in Consumer Reports. From 2006 through 2011 in both the problem categories of "transmission major" and "transmission minor" the Accord has had the highest possible rating every year. Consumer Reports gets its ratings from surveys filled out by thousands of owners. That's a reliable method of determining reliability. What's your reference? The fact that you had a problem or you know some people who may have had a problem is meaningless in statistical terms.
    I have owned 45 cars, 6 of them Hondas. My personal experience is that short life expectancy from the brakes has been a recurring problem. I would consider my experience irrelevant, except that Consumer Reports also lists the brakes as the weak point.
    As for the CVT issue I can say that I did not experience it on my test drive. I did like the Honda CVT better than the 2013 Altima I also test drove. The Altima had no hill hold downshift ability, while the Honda did. I believe that enough people have reported on the Honda CVT issue to make it a concern. I would wait to see if it turns into a reliability promlem. I agree with one other comment I read which suggests that there is inherent risk in buying a car in its first year after a new design.
    In all likelihood, it could simply be a software 'firmware' update. I have no idea whether Honda reads columns like these, however if I were in charge of their engineering dept (engine [not likely!], software, chassis, transmissions, design), I would consider these kinds of forums as a Gold Chest for improvements!
    edited December 2012
    All complex designs benefit from 'agile development', which in simple terms includes rapid improvements from customer experiences. So yes, version 1.0 is always a risk. I always say I'll avoid these, however when it comes to cars, I mostly prefer the newer model! I'm weak when it comes to that. For electronics, I pretty much always buy at the sweet spot of development.
    In other words, if you can wait, next year's Accord will most certainly be better fine-tuned!
    Brakes - me too, I've owned 5 Honda cars (same amount of motorcycles) and their brakes tend to be kinda weak and prone to issues such as irregular pad wear...
    Transmissions - have always seemed a strong point at Honda. In fact, as you, I tried the excellent Altima 2013 but Honda's CVT sold me due to its more 'natural' feel...
  • temj12temj12 Member Posts: 450
    Since when is anti theft etching a requirement. That is a new one for me.
  • cesmencesmen Member Posts: 1
    I have just purchased the EX-L 4 Cyl version, I live in Mexico and in the first day i was playing with the Audio option and suddenly this same static noise cames. After turning the car Off and On it disappear, I have experienced 3 times this "bug" in the 3 days of ownership I have. This definitely is an issue and I will file a report to the dealer.

Other issue I found is that when I release the acceleration pedal and the speed goes down from aout 25 miles to 15 miles, it feels some king of "bumpy", I think this has something to do with the CVT transmision. It just feel weird.
  • mrfroddomrfroddo Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2013 Honda Accord Sport with CVT for about 1 week. So far, the vehicle drives better than my 2012 Accord EX 5sd automatic. It handles better and nimble. It's quieter and has much better quality and more features than my 2012 EX.

The transmission is very smooth. There's no Jerk or hesitation. The vehicle accelerates 0 to X linearly. The transmission feels very natural. It stops very smoothly as well. No stutter or sudden acceleration during the stopping of the vehicle. My 2012 EX has to down shift to a lower gear before stopping which some time causes a sudden but small jerking or acceleration. The 2012 Accord EX delays acceleration when I step on the gas. My 2013 Accord Sport has no such issue. It just goes. The only issue I have is a small rattle coming from the steering wheel during driving on rough surfaces. That was it. I think the dealer can take care of this easily.
  • maverick85maverick85 Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a 2013 accord EX myself and am having the same problem of the jerking motion with the brand new car. It is worse if you start the car cold and just try to drive off, once the car was jerking really bad and its a brand new car!

I thought it's something to do with the new car, so started to idle the car a little in cold weather before driving it, the problem did lessen but still there. This is my 4th accord in a row and must say I am a little disappointed with the way it drives.
    check your key-chain in the ignition... could be the rattle?
    jerky acceleration - it seems from the small sample of respondents here that the Sport CVT is fine but several EX CVTs are not?
  • ajdreajdre Member Posts: 3
    Hi, I live in Canada and got my car around 3 weeks ago.....happy BUT some issues!

** I have had the stereo "screeching" problem 3 times, once it didn't go away after the 1st re-start. - weird problem.

**Squeak under front drivers side wheel..

** Bump where one of the leather sections joins on the steering wheel....really annoying - Honda are replacing the whole steering wheel.

** The lane change camera didn't work once - corrected when re-started.

** The display screen (top one) auto dimms sometimes....went really dark....don't know if this is normal, corrected itself when I fiddled with it.

** Some "dirt" "bump" under the paint on the rear passenger side window, small but noticeable.....Honda said they would have to re-paint the whole back half of the car to fix it....they are willing to do this under warranty but would need the car for 3 days and would not provide a rental. They also talked me out of doing it as "factory paint" is better??? There is another small bump just above the same window...small but ......................... <---Anyone have an opinion on this?

Not sure what to do about the paint. The other problem I will address with Honda when I change the steering wheel.

I still like the car...but expected a little higher QC checks, especially considering the Japanese as so quality minded.