Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Kia Cadenza Lease Questions

2»

Comments

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,319
    vkong said:

Leasing a 2014 Cadenza premium with luxury and technology package. MSRP $42160, Cap cost 32394 with rebates (5000 lease rebate +1000 loyalty). 49% residual, MF .00127, $1372 drive off includes 1st lease payment. 36 month lease 15k miles/yr for a payment of $393/month pre tax. Looks like a decent deal. Any thoughts? Should I negotiate further?

My numbers match yours ($393/mo before tax).

What state is this? We only have partial Kia information this month, so I can't tell you if the MF has been marked up or not.

I can't imagine doing any better on the sale price - $10K off is quite a bit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    vkongvkong Member Posts: 2
    CA
  • Options
    strike859strike859 Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2014

Hi everyone. Just got back from the KIA dealer in Chicago. Here's what they offered me on a new 2014 Cadenza Premium w/  luxury: Original MSRP was $39,996. They offered $31,995, 0.00095 money factor, 36 mo., 12k, $1,000 down + first month's payment. Monthly payment of $399.66.  Thoughts? 

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,228
    strike859 said:

Hi everyone. Just got back from the KIA dealer in Chicago. Here's what they offered me on a new 2014 Cadenza Premium w/  luxury: Original MSRP was $39,996. They offered $31,995, 0.00095 money factor, 36 mo., 12k, $1,000 down + first month's payment. Monthly payment of $399.66.  Thoughts? 

That looks about right, thought that seems to be the 24 month money factor, not 36..

There is $5000 cash from Kia on the 36 month lease, this month, so that accounts for the low selling price. Payment calculates out about right, as well.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    vkong said:

CA

The partial numbers we have from Kia for October do not include those for CA. Sorry.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    strike859 said:

The numbers are a bit confusing ... the MF of .00095 is correct, but for 24 month lease terms. What I'm showing for IL for 36 months is .000127 and 51%.

With your MSRP and selling price, I get a pre-tax payment of $388.68. IL taxes the entire selling price up front, so 8-9% of $32K is added on to the cap cost.

Your quote seems very strong.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    nonpulsednonpulsed Member Posts: 22
    Looking for updated California numbers. 14' Cadenza Limited 24 and 36 MO with 15,000 miles/yr. Is the $5,000 lease cash only for 36 month? Not 24 month lease? Thank you in advance. 

• Options
    nonpulsed said:

Looking for updated California numbers. 14' Cadenza Limited 24 and 36 MO with 15,000 miles/yr. Is the $5,000 lease cash only for 36 month? Not 24 month lease? Thank you in advance. 

.00039 MF and 55% residual for 24 months
    .00006 MF and 46% residual for 36 months

$5000 lease cash on either term.

.00021 MF and 43% residual for 42 months
    $6000 lease cash on this term.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    nonpulsednonpulsed Member Posts: 22
    Looking for updated California numbers. 14' Cadenza Limited 24 and 36 MO with 15,000 miles/yr. Is the $6,000 lease cash for 42 month term still on? Thank You!
  • Options
    nonpulsed said:

Looking for updated California numbers. 14' Cadenza Limited 24 and 36 MO with 15,000 miles/yr. Is the $6,000 lease cash for 42 month term still on? Thank You!

43% residual and .00072 MF for 42/15 with $6000 lease cash.

For 24 and 36 month terms, the lease cash jumps to $8000 on the Limited.

24/15 - 50% and .00054 MF

36/15 - 45% and .00036 MF

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    toromtorom Member Posts: 14
    Hello all,
    Does anyone know if the $2,500 Kia Cash back offer applies to the leasing a 2014 Cadenza? Also what would be a good target amount below invoice before applying any rebates, cashback, etc.?

Thanks
  • Options
    torom said:

Hello all,
    Does anyone know if the $2,500 Kia Cash back offer applies to the leasing a 2014 Cadenza? Also what would be a good target amount below invoice before applying any rebates, cashback, etc.?

Thanks

You can use the Make / Model / Year pull downs at the top of the page to help establish a target price. The "Car Research" tab will link you to current Kia incentives.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    pohrapohra Member Posts: 6
    Looking for November numbers in Tennessee on a 2014 Cadenza Limited, for whatever Kia offers that is closest to the following:

24 months/10K
    30 months/10K
    36 months/10K
  • Options
    pohra said:

Looking for November numbers in Tennessee on a 2014 Cadenza Limited, for whatever Kia offers that is closest to the following:

24 months/10K
    30 months/10K
    36 months/10K

24 months/12K
    .00054 MF and 52% residual. $8000 lease cash

30 months/12K
    .00113 MF and 50% residual. $8000 lease cash

36 months/12K
    .00036 MF and 47% residual. $6000 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    pohrapohra Member Posts: 6
    Awesome, thanks. How about 24/12K on the 2015?
  • Options
    pohra said:

Awesome, thanks. How about 24/12K on the 2015?

.00036 and 55%. $6000 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    aminoacid91aminoacid91 Member Posts: 13
    California:
    2014 Kia Cadenza 36/12 and 24/12? (Base) or (Base w/ Lux)

I'm confused on the Cadenza incentives.. It's $6000 cash back?
  • Options

California:
    2014 Kia Cadenza 36/12 and 24/12? (Base) or (Base w/ Lux)

I'm confused on the Cadenza incentives.. It's $6000 cash back?

The only trim levels I'm showing for the 2014 Cadenza are Premium and SX Limited. I'll assume Premium for the numbers below:

24/12 - .00040 and 54%. $6000 lease cash.

36/12 - .00084 and 49%. $5000 lease cash.

Lease cash is a factory to dealer incentive; the dealer can pass it along, in whole or in part, to the consumer. It's not the same as a rebate, which is factory to customer, though it can be used the same way (to reduce the selling price of the car).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    ny_sxny_sx Member Posts: 139
    Hello - can I please get the numbers for a 2014 Cadenza SX Limited? I am in NY and looking for a 36 month lease, but will be flexible and will travel out of state for a good deal. With regard to the previous post, if the 36/12 lease cash is $5000, is that technically combine-able with the $3500 customer cash, the $1000 loyalty and the $2000 dealer choice bonus cash for a dealer who is very motivated?

Thanks!!!
  • Options
    ny_sx said:

Hello - can I please get the numbers for a 2014 Cadenza SX Limited? I am in NY and looking for a 36 month lease, but will be flexible and will travel out of state for a good deal. With regard to the previous post, if the 36/12 lease cash is $5000, is that technically combine-able with the $3500 customer cash, the $1000 loyalty and the $2000 dealer choice bonus cash for a dealer who is very motivated?

Thanks!!!

.00014 and 46% for 36/12. $6000 lease cash.

I doubt that all the incentives you reference can stack. Specifically, the $3500 customer cash is probably for purchases only and is the alternative to the lease cash.

Loyalty should stack, but I don't know about the $2000 dealer choice bonus cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Well, I didn't go for it and I am still wavering between a '14 Cadenza Limited or the '15 Optima SXL, which is why the similar post in the Optima Forum.

When they become available, would you please share the numbers and rebate/incentive programs for February? Just like above, I am looking for NY area [unless there are way better deals a few hours away] '14 Cadenza Limited, 36/12 or thereabouts. I have until the end of April to turn in my '12 Optima SX, which only has 20,000 miles after 36 months.

Also, are there actually better deals for President's Day or is that all hype and I should just stick to my usual end-of-the-month strategy?

Thanks!

• Options
    ny_sx said:

Well, I didn't go for it and I am still wavering between a '14 Cadenza Limited or the '15 Optima SXL, which is why the similar post in the Optima Forum.

When they become available, would you please share the numbers and rebate/incentive programs for February? Just like above, I am looking for NY area [unless there are way better deals a few hours away] '14 Cadenza Limited, 36/12 or thereabouts. I have until the end of April to turn in my '12 Optima SX, which only has 20,000 miles after 36 months.

Also, are there actually better deals for President's Day or is that all hype and I should just stick to my usual end-of-the-month strategy?

Thanks!

.00014 MF and 46% residual for 36mo, 12K/yr. $6000 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Any idea about 39/12? I realized I don't want my lease to end in February.
  • Options
    ny_sx said:

Any idea about 39/12? I realized I don't want my lease to end in February.

No 39 month programs from Kia.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Well that stinks. Are the numbers at least competitive for 42/12? At least the Cadenza body should be around for another model year or two....
  • Options
    ny_sx said:

Well that stinks. Are the numbers at least competitive for 42/12? At least the Cadenza body should be around for another model year or two....

.00033 and 43%. $6000 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Just to confirm, I have a dealer who is telling me that, on a '14 Limited, it's either the $3500 customer incentive or the $6000 lease cash. I know all rebates and incentives are NOT combineable, but does this make sense? I know the $3500 is a customer incentive [from Kia to us] and the $6000 is Kia to dealer. They may not want to give me some [or all] of their lease cash but wouldn't Kia view them as two separate, and valid, incentives?

Thanks!
  • Options
    ny_sx said:

Just to confirm, I have a dealer who is telling me that, on a '14 Limited, it's either the $3500 customer incentive or the $6000 lease cash. I know all rebates and incentives are NOT combineable, but does this make sense? I know the $3500 is a customer incentive [from Kia to us] and the $6000 is Kia to dealer. They may not want to give me some [or all] of their lease cash but wouldn't Kia view them as two separate, and valid, incentives?

Thanks!

Not if the customer incentive is for purchase only.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    I see the $3500 being used in the "internet" price for lease deals, along with all the buying services "best deals" [including edmunds.com] so I do think it is for leases. Assuming it is for leases, shouldn't there also still be up to $6000 from the lease cash that the dealer can use to negotiate and move the car out? Since one is for the customer and one is for the dealer, don't they seem like they should be independent of one another?

Thanks again!
  • Options
    ny_sx said:

I see the $3500 being used in the "internet" price for lease deals, along with all the buying services "best deals" [including edmunds.com] so I do think it is for leases. Assuming it is for leases, shouldn't there also still be up to $6000 from the lease cash that the dealer can use to negotiate and move the car out? Since one is for the customer and one is for the dealer, don't they seem like they should be independent of one another?

Thanks again!

All I can tell you at this point is to talk to the dealer and offer $9500 under MSRP; they should be able to give you a definitive answer about the available incentives.

Just because one incentive is customer based and the other is dealer based doesn't necessarily mean they can be added together.

But, the dealer will know for sure.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    ny_sx said:

Thanks!

Well, I didn't get the deal I wanted yet, so would you please update information for March? Thanks again.
  • Options
    ny_sx said:

ny_sx said:

Thanks!

Well, I didn't get the deal I wanted yet, so would you please update information for March? Thanks again.

.00068 MF and 46% residual. $7000 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Out of curiosity, what are the '15 Cadenza Limited numbers for 36/12K in the NY metro area for this month?

Thanks.
  • Options
    ny_sx said:

Out of curiosity, what are the '15 Cadenza Limited numbers for 36/12K in the NY metro area for this month?

Thanks.

.00078 and 49%. $4500 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
    To discuss the latest lease details for the current model, please join us in the 2015 Kia Cadenza Lease Questions forum.

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

This discussion has been closed.