Options

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Highlander Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    mg2105mg2105 Member Posts: 3
    Wow! That's even better than I'd hoped. Invoice minus approx. $2750.00 would be good. I know I still have to negotiate the deal. Any advice is appreciated.
  • Options
    blufz1blufz1 Member Posts: 2,045
    I just noticed that in my area the rebate appears to be $1500. Go in towards the end of the month from about the 26th on.
  • Options
    mg2105mg2105 Member Posts: 3
    Yeah the cash back in the Southeast is 2K! Thanks for the help. Any idea when dealers will stop getting new 2007's?
  • Options
    blufz1blufz1 Member Posts: 2,045
    Dunno,sorry.
  • Options
    ajs7ajs7 Member Posts: 2
    With the new model coming out this summer, Dealers are eager to get rid of their 07's. Here's the deal I got.

(NY/NJ Area)

2007 V6 AWD 3rd Row Highlander
    (Options: Sun Roof, Spoiler, Fog Lamps, Mud Guards, Cold Weather Package, Upgraded wheels, Garage Remote, Auto Adjustable Seats, Mats and Cargo Net, Towing Prep, Lighted Vanity Mirror, and others)

I opted to 0% finance the entire amount rather than go for the $1.5K rebate offered in this area.

MSRP: $31.5K
    Invoice: $27.6K
    My Cost $27.8K (Plus I received 2 years free maintenance.)

They also gave me more than I expected on my trade-in.

Again, this is all 0% financed over 36 months. (I don't pay interest on anything but my house.)
  • Options
    toyotagaltoyotagal Member Posts: 215
    You are right about that, it being a good time. We just got our Silver Baby 3 weeks ago. With about 5k off MSRP and we got it (under plastic). i.e. no miles and just off the ship. However, they wouldn't give me sqwat on my trade-in. I mentioned that to a friend and he offered me $3,500 and we both danced in the streets.
  • Options
    akuma2akuma2 Member Posts: 1
    Congratulations ajs7. Would you mind sharing how much per month are paying on this?
  • Options
    ajs7ajs7 Member Posts: 2
    That's $27.8K divided by 36 months...$772 per month. That's 0% interest.
  • Options
    neeedvanneeedvan Member Posts: 17
    Can you pls provide the name of the dealer and first initial of the sales person?
  • Options
    nleedernleeder Member Posts: 9
    SS was the person we spoke to - right in the corner of the showroom. He was very easy to work with and I did not feel hustled! Very good experience. The dealer in Tysons at the intersection of Rt 7 and the Toll road - Koons? - was the only other one I feel is straight up.
  • Options
    wspielbewspielbe Member Posts: 7
    I'm planning on signing this deal tomorrow but want to check with everyone first to see if I should continue looking.

Model 6926 (Base V6, AWD without 3rd row seat)
    - 50 state emissions (FE)
    - Daytime running lights (RL)
    - Extra Value Package (VP)#5 includes:
    color-keyed Mudguards, rear spoiler, moonroof, privacy glass, fog lamps, alloy wheels, engine immobilizer, illuminated vanity mirrors, and HomeLink® [22] universal transceiver
    -Z1 (floor mats, cargo mats, first aid kit, cargo net)

Price:
    $26,300 (Base)
    $ 2,268.38 (NYS sales tax @ 8.625%)
    $ 12.50 (NYS tire recycling fee)
    $ 45.00 (Dealer fee for regestration processing)
    $ 175.00 (NYS new car registration fee)
    $ 10.00 (NYS inspection fee)

plus 36 month zero % finance

$28,810.88 (Total out the door)
    Invoice:
    $24,331.00 (Invoice)
    $645.00 (Destination)
    $1,319.00 (Options)
    $438 (Advertising Association Fee)
    $25,733 (Total Invoice and charges)

Thanks for everyone's input on this.
  • Options
    tuggerstuggers Member Posts: 52
    All I want on this is:

Pkg 7
    Navigation
    Limited 2WD

I just got an email from a dealer who told me there was not one in the SE for less than $33,000.

My target price has been around $28,000 ($30,000 invoice less $2,000 rebate). Is this a pipe dream or do I have a chance of getting one for this price including destination??
  • Options
    I had no problems with getting mine for less than invoice - rebate in NE.

If you're having problems in the SE try www.carbargains.org which basically does the negotiation for you in the area you choose for a $190 fee. It's a non-profit consumer organization which was recommended highly by many including klipingers magazine. They will quote a price for in stock as well as any additional fee (if any) that the dealer will charge to locate one from another dealer.
  • Options
    jmlwjmlw Member Posts: 2
    Last week I was able to get a great deal on this car in Rockville, MD. Took internet quote plus some haggling from Tyson's Toyota to 355 Toyota. Bargained a bit with 355 and ended up with:

Model: 6938
    MSRP: $34614
    Price paid (otr): $30600

Overall experience with dealership was terrible. They kept me there for 5 hours with unnecessary waiting, hoping I would give in with my quote. I should have given them a time limit. They had me speak to a total of 6 rotating managers...rediculous! They were very rude to me and eventually I forced myself to speak directly to the general manager. Shortly thereafter, I won and got my car.
  • Options
    Although your trim line and options were different than mine we both paid close to invoice which is a great deal for a car with this type of quality and reliability.

The info I gained from all of the posters on this site was invaluable. It also helped to be buying the car at the end of the model year while gas prices were going up and manufacturers were reporting or anticipating slow downs in sales.

It's reassuring to know what others are paying otherwise it would be very difficult to know from the dealers bids alone whether or not we're getting the best deal.
  • Options
    sunromsunrom Member Posts: 10
    Hi All,

I am looking for a 2007 HH AWD Limited Edition. What would be a good price for this? I was checking it out last winter and I was getting quotes around 35k. Can anyone help me with a ball park estimate for this vehicle.

Thanks
  • Options
    rumz37rumz37 Member Posts: 3
    Hi there,
    I am very close to purchasing the '07 highlander and am aware of the saving that could be available right now since they are making room for the '08s. However, I love the look of the '08 highlander and was wondering if anyone knew how much the newer highlanders will go for.
  • Options
    peterjonespeterjones Member Posts: 1
    Just to let you guys know that on May 31, I bought a 2007 Highlander Base, 4 Cylinders, 2WD, Silver, no extras for $19,400 after $2000 rebate. The price includes destination and document fees but not sale tax & TTL. I negotiated for a long time to get this great price. I'm happy with it. Thank you very much for all invaluable info on this forum. Without your help, I might have paid much more.
    Good luck to you all and thanks again.

Peter
  • Options
    Hi Sunrom,
    I just purchased a 2007 Highlander Limited over the weekend. I got it for $32,700. They were initially asking for 35K but after I did some research on edmunds.com and found that people in my area were paying about 32K for the same vehicle. I tried to get it for 32K but just couldn't get them below that mark.

I think I got a decent deal, maybe not the best possible. The vehicle I purchased has the following:
    Leather, Pre-tow package, JBL sound system, heated front seats, AWD, 3rd Row seating, 50 state emissions, moon roof, spoiler, 17 in wheels....there are others but I can't remember it all.

Overall the car is pretty loaded. Only thing I feel I didn't get was the navigation.

I hope this helps. By the way....while I was there three other people were buying Highlanders. Good luck.
  • Options
    fangqinfangqin Member Posts: 7
    Hi Peter,

Can you please let me know which dealer you bought you car? Thanks.

James
  • Options
    There are no Limited 2WD red with ivory leather and pkg #7
    in my area but Houston is showing several.

Anyone have any good prices from dealers there?

Would appreciate the info. So far I have sent inquiries to Champion, McGill and Star. Any others I should try?
  • Options
    davidragandavidragan Member Posts: 1
    Hi there: I just purchased a 2007 Highlander on May 30, 2007. I emailed to about 20 dealers, visited 9 of them and finally got a very good deal: $1200 below invoice.
    Here are the details:
    2WD, 4 Cylinder, Basic
    Gold Exterior and Ivory Interior
    Package #1: 8-Way Power Seat, Spoiler, Privacy Windows, Fog Lamp, ...
    Floor/Cargo Mats Set
    Total MSRP: $26,389.00
    Invoice: $23,788.00
    Sale Price: $22,588 before rebate
    Out of Door: $22,703.51

One thing to share with you: the 4 cylinder is not very powerful. Most people buy V6. If you can live with 4cyl, this is the best deal. Thank you for all invaluable info posted on this forum. David
  • Options
    kking1977kking1977 Member Posts: 2
    I just purchase this exact vehicle:

2007 Highlander 4 Cylinder No Third Row No AWD
    Here are my options:

Value Pack 1=$665
    Window Tint TW2=$211
    Tow Prep Pack=$160
    Carpet mats=$245
    Woodgrain Dash Accents DM1=$399
    Color Fender Flares TG8=$499

Ok, now here is my deal. I paid $25,306. If you add taxes, dealer fees, rebates, etc. I got it for 25,500 dollars out the door.

Here is my question:
    The only website that lists all my options installed is KBB. If you choose all my options for KBB and pick the Southeast Toyota Admin fee of $697 and $50 extra delievery fee for Southeast then according to KBB the invoice price is $25302 which means I got it for 4 bucks under invoice. If I leave off the SET admin fee and delivery I paid a little over 700 over invoice.

I know everyone says the SET fee is legit and all dealers get charged it. So do you guys really think i got this car for 4 dollars under invoice and do you think it was a fair deal.

Thanks, :)
  • Options
    Limited 2WD Value Pkg # 7, Heated Seats and Tow Pkg

28,288. (includes 2000 rebate),
    399.50 dealer rip off fee,
    2148. tax, title
    $30,856 OTD

Sure would like someone to weigh in here on if it's a good deal!
  • Options
    fangqinfangqin Member Posts: 7
    Which dealership did you buy your car?
  • Options
    jackjohnjackjohn Member Posts: 2
    Hi, Rumz,

Congrat on your good deal. Just wondering if you also got 0% 48 months along with the deal?

Jack
  • Options
    angy168angy168 Member Posts: 18
    I am looking to get a 07 Highlander Limited with dirt cheap price if the dealers are willing to clear them out for 08 new model. MSRP on the windows are about 35k. Do you think I can get it down to 30k? About the 0% 48-60 month financing, is there any processing fee and early-termination penalty fee involved? I can do cash but if financing has no penalty involved, then it will be a better idea. Is it Toyota financing?
  • Options
    Unfortunately I did not get that financing deal. I got the 2.9%/5 yr via the dealer. Good luck.
  • Options
    curly3435curly3435 Member Posts: 2
    I am looking at a new 2007 Hybrid Limited 2WD w/3rd row seating in Atlanta, GA...

2WD Hybrid w/3rd Row Seat Limited - 6962
    ($35,550 MSRP/$31,490 Invoice)
    Exterior: Millenium Silver Metallic
    Interior: Ash Fabric
    Limited Package ($0)
    50 State Emissions ($0)
    6-Gallons of Gas ($0)
    Southeast Toyota Distributor Plus ($0)
    Toyoguard Protection Group ($619 MSRP/$169 Invoice per kbb.com)
    Destination Charge ($645)

$30,485 plus fees and sales tax

I have not seen the fees in writing, but I anticipate that they will include:
    Additional Freight ($50)
    Southeastern Toyota Admin Charge ($750)

$31,285 plus Tax/Tag/Title

What do you suggest for a target price? Would $29,400 be reasonable? Any feedback is appreciated.
  • Options
    angy168angy168 Member Posts: 18
    Best price I got is invoice price - rebate ($1750).
  • Options
    jackjohnjackjohn Member Posts: 2
    This is what I got:

2007 HL ltd, with nav, extra-value package, tow package, heated seats (MSRP $36614):

32700 plus tax and tag, 238 processing fee
    0% apr-48 months
  • Options
    t90t90 Member Posts: 1
    HAs anyone bough the car in pa and if so what is the price u paid for Price for 07 Highlander Ltd with nav(nv,and vl package?
    the dealer gave me a price for LL limited pkg for 426 and edmunds has it a zero?any comments...
  • Options
    nleedernleeder Member Posts: 9
    $33,000 OUT the door - we have the limited with navigation and every bell and whistle.
  • Options
    They are due out soon. Anyone heard what they might be on the HL?
  • Options
    spm1695spm1695 Member Posts: 8
    I bought '07 Highlander Limited in Massachusetts for $28,400 on 7/6 if it helps.
  • Options
    zacrizacri Member Posts: 5
    I assume that your price included the $1,600 rebate?
  • Options
    bestfrybestfry Member Posts: 3
    Is this the hybrid version? Is this the OTD price or base price you got?
  • Options
    spm1695spm1695 Member Posts: 8
    this is the full story... the MSRP on the car was $34.6K, I paid OTD price of $26.6K for Toyota Higlander 2007/4X4 limited
    $34,600-$1,600 rebate - $4,600 discount - $3,500 trade-in (1999 Nissan Altima GXE w/125K miles) = $25k + $1.25K taxes +298 doc fee +65 registration = $26,613.
  • Options
    derekgaddyderekgaddy Member Posts: 32
    I almost always buy used. Unless I get 0% financing or a super deal. But that seldom happens with Toyotas. The minute you drive that car off the lot it depreciates in value. With a name like Toyota you're rest assured reliability isn't going to be an issue. I paid about $19k for an 03 AWD Limited. Brand new this sold for 33k. My .02
  • Options
    kingz271kingz271 Member Posts: 1
    i want to buy a highlander basic with awd 4cyls. i live in newyork city. i see advertise HL 2wd 4cyls about @19,950. i want to know is it a good price. can i be firm about not include the destination charge and plus with rebate. any suggestion is welcome. thank in advance!!!
  • Options
    typesixtypesix Member Posts: 321
    That price for HL 2wd 4 cyl is about same for Boston. The 2wd HL 4 cyl will usually sell for low price because most people in areas that get snow will go for awd HLs and usually V6.
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter would like to speak to owners who purchased a Honda or Toyota but didn’t consider purchasing a domestic vehicle (specifically Ford or GM vehicle). Please respond to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than July 24, 2007 with your daytime contact information.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    cdriicdrii Member Posts: 2
    Hello All: Am about to purchase an '07 HL Sport. Does anyone know why some come with Michelin Tires while others come with Good Year? It may not mean a thing, but would appreciate any input before I buy. I'm a Michelin man, but would like any comments prior to my purchase.

Thanks in advance,

CDR
  • Options
    gssundargssundar Member Posts: 1
    Hi, Thanks for the detailed info. Could you pls. let me know your city & state?

I live in Lansing, Michigan. I've been given 36.5 and he himself came down for 34K. I'm looking for 31.5K or max by 32K OTD.
  • Options
    mtairyordgemtairyordge Member Posts: 144
    After owning 3 different HL model years all with Mich I would not compromise. Problem is you might have to take a hit to trade the GY in.

I recently replace my Mich and got a great price by using the SAMS club price for the tires alone and taking it to a place that does on the rim and out the door pricing. they matched the SAMS Club price for the tires alone and I got all the taxes and fees and part of that price.

Gee the internet is great.
  • Options
    scottgbwiscottgbwi Member Posts: 85
    Anyone know what to expect when you buy a new highlander (2007 or 2008) for pricing on extended warranty's? Is there a lot of play to bargain?
  • Options
    Go to checkbook.org They will give you a dealer who has agreed to sell the extended warranty at $50 or $100 over cost.

On Hyundai dealers sell it for $1500, checkbook sent me to someone who would sell it for $759.
  • Options
    scottgbwiscottgbwi Member Posts: 85
    Is the checkbook site a pay site? I briefly tried checking it out & it seems you have to subscribe. Scott
  • Options
    cdriicdrii Member Posts: 2
    Hi Everyone, I know its a little late, but I picked up one of the few remaining '07 HL on the lot. MSRP was $30,409. Got it out the door for $27,005. Great vehicle, at a price less than a Rav4. Very happy with the deal, got the color we wanted even!!

Dealing with Linh Lam at Penske Toyota in Downey CA was about the best experience we've had. In and out of the dealer, including test drive, 45 minutes. All negotiation done via email. Will deal with them again for my son's car next year.

CDR
  • Options
    jhs70jhs70 Member Posts: 213
    In the market for a new Toyota? BEWARE of Jim Coleman Toyota in Bethesda, Maryland. Recently I had a horrendous experience there. The long and the short of it is that they jerked me around on my trade-in by outright lying about its condition. And it wasn’t a “minor” lie that they tried to propagate. All of this was done to lowball my trade, I am sure. Why they couldn’t come out and tell me they would only offer X for it, and leave it at that, I don’t know. No, they took it one step further and manufactured a lie, a lie which took me the better part of a day to resolve, and in the process greatly upsetting my wife and I.
    These people are scum for doing that. I just wanted you to know.
    Avoid Jim Coleman Toyota of Bethesda, Maryland.