Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Chrysler Pacifica

Comments

• Options
    aaron_taaron_t Member Posts: 301
    Higher trim/euiqpment minivans typically offer captain's chairs in the middle so you would have the same problem. Solution: put at least one child 3rd row. Or, buy a different vehicle.
  • Options
    rcf8000rcf8000 Member Posts: 619
    You can walk between the captain's chairs to get to the third row. As least you could in my Sienna, and I assume you can in any other minivan with captain's chairs in the second row.
  • Options
    hillflahillfla Member Posts: 90
    I have the nav system in my Pac. It does talk to you, telling you where to turn and such. (I call her Betty!) It has a full database of points of interest. I read that the DVD actually has yellow pages for every town. I do know that it always finds the business when I type it in. You can search by type of business, business name, and even phone number.

There are several options for changing the views. You can zoom in and out, have North up or your traveling direction be up.

One thing to note, it becomes a "nanny" when you are driving and really takes away a lot of your button selections when you are moving. It gives you only about 5 point of interest selections when you are moving.
    I really like it - I definately find it useful.
  • Options
    alg528alg528 Member Posts: 18
    Thanks for the info. It sounds like it is comparable to the one in the Infiniti. We call her Judy.
  • Options
    rasldaslrasldasl Member Posts: 74
    We also call our Nav system Betty. She is great at finding a street address but not so hot on the yellow pages type lookup. If know the exact way the place is listed in the phone book (not just spelling but also sometimes the category it's under) you can find most places. My DVD is a year old so maybe the listings are more complete now but I have been unable to find such place's as BJ's Wholesale Club (a pretty big chain in our area) and Tweeter (audio/video). If you have the phone number you can punch that in but it has to match the listing. Even with the phone number from my Tweeter receipt Betty could not find it. Also, in my area a lot of roads are better known by their route numbers than their actual names. It can make it hard to properly input an address.
    What is it best for? If you are in an unfamiliar place and want to find a gas station or Dunkin' Donuts she will be very helpful. I also like to turn her on when I am on a highway trip, even when I know exactly where I am going, because she reminds me when my exit is coming up. And she always knows her way home :)
  • Options
    bjbird2bjbird2 Member Posts: 647
    The Pac is also the safest SUV in the recent rollover tests.
  • Options
    steelydan0613steelydan0613 Member Posts: 144
    The long term test for the 04 Pacifica was sophomoric and embarresing, to say the least....I feel shame and embarresment for each and every staff member that contributed to this update, as I can't believe that they are paid staff members....I feel really bad for all of you, it must be tough to get paid while putting out unbalanced crap like this...Trust me, you (singularly and collectively) will never, ever last a month in Houston, Tx....We recognize bullsh... so quickly....

I am happy to report that my 12,000 trouble free miles on my '04 Pacifica happened largely before my reading your (free, you get what you pay for..)update on you Pacifica..Gee , it makes me wonder if we live in the same country.....I kind of get a John Kerry/ George Bush feeling right now....Polarization has reached automitive journalism, too....Is there no safe haven?... Oh, and by the way, I would be happy to pick up ANY Edmunds.com member who happens to wander into Houston for business......in my Pacifica, if you can lower yourself to ride in it........

Sincerely,

G. Brooks Davis Jr. , D.D.S.
  • Options
    imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,170
    The idea that auto reviewers are unbiased is a longgone concept. If you really felt that reviews were unbiased after reading Motor Trend, Car and Ddriver, Consumer Misreports, and newspaper type reviews written for news services, you have been gullable.

If it's related to the foreign brands from the 90s and feeds from the then established value of reliability, it's good. If it's GM or US branded, it's certainly bad or at least has many weak points but might be something the general public could buy. An occasional high-priced, low production US car gets rave reviews.

I won't add more of my _opinion_ as to the etymology of the bias in some people.

I helped a friend, price, find, and own a white FWD Pacifica. He has had few problems. Item was windshield seal leak; item, tire pressure sensors giving low reading. MUCH LESS than the Accords and Pilots and Highlanders he looked at, based on my reading of their forums here.

All cars have some problems. If you bought a standard tranny, 4-cylinder, from the 80s and 90s as did many people for economy, you have little go wrong. When you have a car with a kitchen sink that cleans itself practically as options, more can go wrong. Check reliability of Mercedes lately from JDPowers ratings...

Enjoy your cars. My friend is!!! And let the reviewers know their review's biases are noted.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• Options
    rsharprsharp Member Posts: 103
    OK, The PAC had some serious issues during the Edmunds long-term test. Not unlike many issues I have seen raised in the PAC problems forum. What is Edmunds supposed to do? Simply ignore the problems as if they don't exist? Steelydan goes into a near rant over the review...why? He has had "12,000 trouble free miles" well, whoop te do - that is not many miles folks. Edmunds also got raked over by the 5 Star dealership - still an issue to be raised not ignored. Parts on back order - an issue to be raised because it means that there are more repairs needed nationwide than parts made, not a good sign.

Steelydan loves his PAC-great. Others don't, because of all the problems they have had. But to rant on about Edmunds putting out "unbalanced crap" is really pretty funny. You want to justify your purchase and pleasure with the PAC-understandable. But when reviewers give their OPINIONS how is that right or wrong?
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,149
    I thought about deleting the rant, since it was, in fact, a rant. In general, comments about our editorial articles should be submitted through the help system - editors won't see the comments in here.

But then I left it thinking it might be a good discussion point - no one likes to see a negative editorial on their favorite vehicle, but every editorial is one person's opinion, or that of a small group. You're not going to see a positive review of every vehicle, and showing the negative points about a vehicle can help consumers make choices and can also help companies improve.

We don't strive for "balanced" reviews, whatever that may mean - we strive for honest reviews. Our editors don't have a quota of positive & negative reviews to meet!

As rsharp correctly pointed out, it's largely an opinion, and as always, YMMV.

Oh, and I "heart" my Pacifica! Only about 1500 miles on it, but the visibility and ride easily our old sedan.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host & Future Vehicles Host

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    rasldaslrasldasl Member Posts: 74
    I have also had 12,000 trouble free miles in my Pacifica. And I know a bad dealer experience can sour you on a car. But I have to agree that the last post in Edmunds' long term review was too heavily down on the car for what was almost entirely the dealer's fault. Unless Edmunds' wants to get into the business of reviewing dealers (and that sure would be helpful) I think they should stick more to their experience with the car and leave the details of the service out of the reviews.
  • Options
    imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,170
    I think reviewers should list the last 2 or 3 cars they and/or their family own. Because other cars are judged in the shadow of what we personally prefer and have become used to, that helps the reader understand the shades of preferences showing in the articles.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• Options
    pompiliuspompilius Member Posts: 54
    I don't own a Pacifica yet, but would like to get one in a few months.

My previous cars have been '91 Ford Probe, '96 supercharged Buick Riviera, '98 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP, '99 Chrysler 300M, 2001 Lexus RX300 (currently driving), 2002 Acura TL-S (currently driving when it is not in the shop for a new transmission)
  • Options
    cjs2002cjs2002 Member Posts: 341
    alright heres whats up... I saw in the paper the other day a deal on an 05 PAC... for 1495 down,24months it was 199 a month for a touring model (no leather) just standard equipment (+ crome wheels and side air bags) anyways I called and asked them waht it would be with 0 down and he said it would be rouphly 273 a month including tax... alright i said well what if I put nothing down and I told you i had the employee choice plan he said it would be 261 including tax then... well heres my delema... from my understanding of what chrysler corp told me not dealer that plan takes 4 - 5% off... alright well looking at the whole thing I did a bit of math and found that it was basically taking 1400 off the price... now heres where i get confused ... if i were to put 1495 down to get to 199 couldn't i use the discount instead to cover that downpayment and do aprox the same thing... I called another dealor and they said that with the discount it would be 215 a month for 24 month including tax (nothing down) while the other dealor said it would be 261 a month with 200 down?... I called the second dealor and told him what the second dealor quoted me... now unless I've missed something or Im just plain out dumb in theory the discount should supplement that down payment IE make it so I wouldn't have to put any money down... I'm confused as to which dealor is telling the truth... can anyone explain this to me... and tell me how I should be looking at it... because the way I see it the discount is taking 1400 off the price which is basically the same as putting that money down right? so in essence the price should be that 199 plus tax so after tax 215 right.... please let me know...
  • Options
    briancambriancam Member Posts: 21
    When a $41,000 car's transfer case breaks with less than 20,000 miles on the clock that is nothing less than a full blown beating for the customer and Chrysler should be ashamed. Add to this dealership treatment that is sooo bad you're left looking for the hidden camera - certainly no modern business could be THIS incompetent, could they?

All cars have problem - sure, this is a reasonable statement. My wife's Toyota Camry had a problem with the right front suspension - that's one problem in six years. Other than that one fix and regular oil changes the car has not needed to visit the dealership. Good Job Toyota!

Although I personally like some cars from Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Buick, and Ford I can honestly say that many of those cars fall short when it comes to interior quality, refinement and balanced ride and handling.

I believe time will show our Long Term Chevy Malibu, and Ford F-150 to be reasonably reliable cars - some positive comments will naturally follow.
  • Options
    pompiliuspompilius Member Posts: 54
    wow, did you actually pay $41K for your Pacifica?
  • Options
    KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    Hi cjs. Sounds like the first dealer is raising the price on the zero-down lease - they may be getting a manufacturer incentive for the $199 lease that they think wouldn't be applicable if you use your discount. Call one more dealer - if they also say $215 including tax, go with Dealer 2.

kcram
    Host
    Smart Shopper and Wagons Message Boards
  • Options
    boiler1boiler1 Member Posts: 56
    I think the first dealer gave you good figures until you asked about the employee choice plan. Basically ($273 per month - $215 per month) X 24 months which equals $1392 means you actually pay less than the down payment in the ad over the life of the lease. On the other hand, you would only be saving $288 over the term of the lease with their employee choice "discount" (definitely a bad deal). That's where dealer #2 has the numbers right. But to really tell if you have a good deal you need to look at all lease variables including the capitalized cost, residual value, money factor and allotted miles. There is a lease calculator here in Edmunds somewhere. Good luck.
  • Options
    well tommorrow we're going up to the second dealor...I called 3rd dealor and they said the same thing gave me 220 including tax so that first dealer didn't want to loos there money... I called chrysler head quartes on my original (before even the one with the 261 payments) and reported them they said I couldn't use the choice employee discount with the incentives... even though chrysler corp said it goes with anything unless specifically stated by chrysler corp... so they said they'd deal with that dealor ship (I guess taking away a there stars) anyways we're going up to the second dealor tommorrow to finish the deal (fingers crossed) and get it for there price of 215... thank you for the help
    as it stands now the payments are 0 down 215 a month with just first months payment due at signin, 24month, 12K miles a year... thankx again
  • Options
    jglackinjglackin Member Posts: 164
    The program you qualify for is clear cut, and the price (which obviously varies based on MSRP) is printed right on every invoice. The problem you may be experiencing is that dealers are not required to participate in the program, but those who do are required to show you the invoice and have you sign off on an additional form outlining the price details of the program...you'll have to initial in several places. Your job is not to find the best deal, just the car you like and a dealer that participates. The price is printed below the equipment on the invoice. Look for FFP, and PP. Your program is the PP number.
    The problem on the phone was also perhaps an uninformed/undereducated salesperson.
  • Options
    thats just it ALL chrysler dealers are required to accept employee discounts of any kind ... they can't say no the person I got the discount from called headcourters and thats what they told them... if I had any problems with a dealor not accepting the discount on top of what ever other rebates and what not that are on the car, to call them and they would deal with the dealorship .... they can't just say no I've found that out already :)
  • Options
    b25nutb25nut Member Posts: 202
    I purchased my loaded AWD Pacifica in April of 2003. It has been at my dealer a total of less than four hours for minor issues (analog clock and fading A/C display). My Pacifica has never missed a beat. It has never done anything "funny". It functions as near perfect as any car, I feel, possibly could. For anyone new to the forum, you couldn't make a better choice in a vehicle, even if you had $10,000 or more to spend.
  • Options
    well I took the plunge and heres what I ended up with... Im rather satisfied so I don't have any complaints
    I ended up with an 05 touring with 0 down for 24 months 15K a year for 218 (including tax). it doesn't have any of the extras but for now its fine and for that price I was better off or at least in my mind I was... but thank you all for your opinions and help I greatly appriciated it all
    cjs
  • Options
    hillflahillfla Member Posts: 90
    Funny and true story!

I was going thru Taco Bell drive-thru. I had pulled a $20 bill which was folded in half out of my purse and laid it on the center console just where the cup holder door is (the door was open). So the bill was sitting there between the cup holder door and the stick shift. I rummaged around for something else in my purse, turned back to my $20, and it was gone! Where had it gone? I looked down between the seats, nothing. On the floor, nothing! I quickly pulled out more money to pay and decided to look for the $20 when I got home.

So I get home, eat first (hey food outranked money at this point - I was starving!) then got out a flashlight to look for my $20. Checked all over - crawled in the back seat and peered under the seats, looked everywhere! I finally came to the conclusion that the $20 had fallen into the gap created by the cup holder door when it is open. Go look at your Pac and you'll see what I mean.

Ok, so I decided that since it was a $20 and not a $1 bill say, I figured it would be worth it to semi-tear apart my Pac to look for the dang money. Now I am not very "mechanical", but I pretend to be an engineer for my day-job, so I figured I could take apart the center console on my own. I get out a screwdriver and get to work. I take out six screws holding on the top part of the cup holder/cubby part of the console. I pull and pull and nothing budges, it just makes an awful plastic on plastic sound. So I start prying the black console piece up (where the stick shift sits). It does pop part way up and I see two more screws underneath it holding the cup holder part of the console down. So I manage to get those screws out and va-la! the console comes up and off. And gee - look at that $20 bill sitting there staring up at me! It had fallen all the way down into a little area under the console. Nothing mechanical was there, it was sitting in a little well made of plastic. So I fished the $20 out, managed to push all the console pieces back together and the screws even went back in! So now I am $20 richer and have a fun story to tell about the day my Pac ate my money!

Sorry for super long post but this was too funny to keep to myself and I knew this forum would appreciate the story!
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,149
    That IS a funny story - thanks for sharing. It gave me a giggle. Now, when we go to turn in our Pacifica in 3 years time, I'll have to remember to check under the console to ensure that I don't leave the dealership an unintended tip!

kirstie_h
    Roving Host & Future Vehicles Host

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    monark49monark49 Member Posts: 58
    The wheels are an option you can get on any model. The dealers naturally order cars WITH the
    options that have the largest markups. Those are what sells best per statistics.
  • Options
    Next installment here at Edmunds:
    Chrysler Pacifica Long Term Test

kcram
    Host
  • Options
    gecko2k2gecko2k2 Member Posts: 1
    That's not too shocking for Chrysler of yesteryear. I'd have figured Chrysler for a company undergoing a revolution but this article seems to prove otherwise. Looks like I'll have to go on about car shopping without DC.
  • Options
    On the flip side, my Pacifica has been problem free, and I'm VERY picky. My limited exposure to the dealer has been first class.
  • Options
    At this point I would think the boys at DC wish that Edmunds had given up on the PAC after one year. Especially if the quest to find an honest Chrysler dealer continues throughout year 2 as it has in year 1. At this point how could you research this car and honestly say to yourself "This is the best auto to buy." How can you justify any faith in DC products or dealers? I tried to buy a PAC but I was literally lied to and sleazed to death by the 2 area dealers to the extent I didn't even want the car anymore. As the myriad quality problems have continued unabated I am now glad the dealers were so horrid as to force me to consider other autos.

As for the year 2 on edmunds long term test, anyone wagering on the PAC making any significant improvements in the reviews?
  • Options
    drwilscdrwilsc Member Posts: 140
    Someone had mentioned a long time ago that the 2005 base Pacifica would have the 3.8 liter pushrod V6 (similar to the top engine in the Town & Country). It would appear that this is correct, according to my latest edition of Chrysler Magazine. It is actually less powerful than the 3.5, despite the larger displacement. Has anyone driven this version of the Pacifica? How does it compare with the 3.5 liter?
  • Options
    halfhearted1halfhearted1 Member Posts: 1
    I now have 13,000 on my 04 Pac and the only problem is the driver-side mirror does not set to driver 2 properly.

I know the dealers Edmunds visited. One of the two, some years ago gave my car to another customer. After two hours they got me a rental. I picked a Cad. The dealer went nuts. Three days later my car showed up and the dealer insisted I return the Cad NOW. I said after work. They came to my work delivered my car and pick up the Cad. Edmunds, I know it is a trip, but try Pasadena. They are pros and service friendly, but not cheap. But, your point is well taken, the quality of Chrysler dealers is really wanting.
    As for my Pac. It is fully loaded and has been trouble free. I hate backing up, but I think van not car. Gas mileage is 19 (210 freeway east bound in the mornings) and for horsepower, it is not my V8 Explorer. I am going to try a K & N air filter for a little more power and economy. Dealer says no guaranty problem.
  • Options
    Wait a sec...

They made the effort to bring the car to you at work and get the Cad because it was inconvenient for them otherwise (and it took three days?!?), but they didn't make the same effort to go get your car from the other customer in the first place? If some dealer gave my vehicle to another customer, I wouldn't ask for a rental - I'd be taking up space in the General Manager's office until someone tracked down my vehicle and got it back to the dealership.

I'm patient, but not THAT patient.

kcram
    Host
  • Options
    jglackinjglackin Member Posts: 164
    And, by the way, even if it were the same year, make, model, color, and interior - wouldn't you notice that you were not driving YOUR car????
  • Options
    Question....

well I got the pacifica and I find it to be an suprizingly nice car... I've hadn't had a single issue with it... then again I haven't had it for long yet and I haven't even gotten close to the 1K mark on it yet... well anyways... mine didn't come with fog lights... you had to get some package before those became standerd features... anyways... I wanted to see if anyone has installed the factory fog lights and if so ... is it something I could on my own... theres a lake near my house so its always a bit foggy or dreary and having the extra light helps... specially with the deer population being so high... also would you suggest getting those blue looking ones I see at walmart and auto zone or would ya'll suggest getting the factory ones... anyone know the caust of getting the factory ones and how mutch they'd charge to put em in? thanx
  • Options
    bigdaddy1bigdaddy1 Member Posts: 47
    Once again I wonder who at Chrysler ought to be "spoken to severely". We had ordered a new Touring in Aug. When it hadn't come in we started to hear about the Limited. Little more upscale, etc. and we wondered if it may be worth more at trade in for a vehicle with the identical options. I costed both out thanks to this site and surprisingly they were within $300.00 when comparing apples to apples. Well, to say someone missed the boat on this is an understatement in our view. The exterior colors are limited, but as we love the black pearl we were happy. The interior was a different matter. It is only available in Taupe!! Also, the leather is perforated. The seats are then trimmed in suede! The steering wheel, dash, shifter are a yellowish,tannish, blondish real wood only. No choice. Virtually everything else was the same except the exclusive 19" chrome wheels were kind of neat. I love my new Touring so far. Why wouldn't Chrysler listen to just about everyone and spend the time and money on increased performance (H.P.) and a 5 speed auto?
  • Options
    so... should I get the fog lights from the dealor... or is there a better sight or place to get them from.... thankx
  • Options
    frannie15frannie15 Member Posts: 11
    I have been debating for some time between a 2005 Pacifica (FWD Touring) and an MDX. I'm in such a quandary about what to do.

I really prefer the looks of the Pacifica, the way it drives, the seats, the seating height (don't feel like I need a ladder to get in and out), and of course the price. But I'm worried about reliability.

I spoke at some length to the Service Manager at our local Chrysler dealer and he agreed there have been a number of problems with the Pacifica, but he said they are not engine related and have for the most part been worked out. He recommended ordering a car and not taking a car in existing inventory - his theory being that the pops, squeaks, clunks, flapping etc. will have been corrected by the factory before I get the car.

Two out of three times that I test drove the Pacifica, there were problems. In one case, the key wouldn't come out of the ignition after our drive. In the second case, the door locks went haywire. The sales guys were a little embarrassed. It was at that point that I went looking again and settled on the MDX as a good alternative. But, I keep coming back to the Pacifica. What's wrong with me, huh?

I have a nagging concern about the problems with the car and wonder if I should pay the extra $8K for the MDX and get used to a little more of a "truck" feel. I'm also a little worried about the side and rear visibility with the Pacifica. The MDX back up camera is sure handy. HELP!!!!!
  • Options
    Well that's certainly something to consider. My husband has a 2003 TL-S and we just took it in for the tranny recall and some other squeaks and rattles.

I priced a 7 year 100K mile bumper-to-bumper factory warranty into the Chrysler cost, but did not do so for the Acura. If I do, that will bring the cost differential to more like $10K to $11K. That's making it harder to opt for the MDX. The local Chrysler dealers are selling the 2005 Pacifica for $200 over invoice and the rebates are great now.

If I do get the Pacifica though, I think I'll wait a bit. The Chrysler service guy recommended waiting 6 months, but I don't want to gamble on the Audi having any more $1,000 hiccups, so I think I would wait a month or so then special order a car - not take one in inventory.

It puzzled me that JD Power rated the Pacifica higher than the MDX for mechanical. Maybe the tranny thing was the reason. Don't know.
  • Options
    Makes sense. Went by the dealer again today and saw the Magnesium paint. Pretty color. Might not hold out much longer. I want to check on the Prices forum to see what people are paying for the extended warranty. One dealer quoted $3,000 for 7 years/100K miles $0 deductible. Another quoted $2,100. $2,100 doesn't seem bad for the extra 4 years, but maybe it can be negotiated lower. Don't know.
  • Options
    See post #439 in the "Prices Paid & Buying Experience" forum,
  • Options
    Did you consider the Honda Pilot, less $$ than a MDX, same basic auto in most respects. After reading the problems fourm for the PAC I think your concerns about reliability are justified. And DC has had more than a year to fix the quality problems on the PAC and it has not happened yet so why would waiting 6 months make anyone think that the many quality problems of the PAC will be solved?
  • Options
    mrbeetlemanmrbeetleman Member Posts: 1
    It's time to look for winter tires. Will 16" steel rims fit on the Pacifica (AWD, 2004)?
    I'd like the option of removing them when I feel like it, and to keep my stock 17" rims in good shape.
  • Options
    nextmoonnextmoon Member Posts: 386
    I just read in Motortrend that there's a mini Pacifica due out in '07 designed to slot in between the Pacifica and PT Cruiser. Anyone have any additional info on this new product?
  • Options
    laurheislaurheis Member Posts: 57
    Here's a little history on our Pacifica...Purchased brand-new in Feb., 2004. Had first problem at 400 miles - car was stuck in 1st gear - SCARY. Here is what we have had repaired: Rear liftgate, stereo replaced, air conditioning control head replaced, belts replaced and pulleys tightened - TWICE, DVD player repaired, numerous rattles in dash repaired, tire sensor system reprogrammed, engine control computer replaced, recall for fuel supply tube completed, recall for reprogram of Powertrain Control Module completed, insulating tape between the fender and the inner splash shield, black trim on outside of car is already turning grey (dealer will not acknowledge problem), had the clunking in the front end when braking or turning (dealer would not acknowledge problem), and now have a clicking/popping sound when shifting, braking, and turning. Your concern about the side and rear visibility is well-founded. The car is hazardous in this respect. I wish that I had paid more attention to this when we test-drove the car - I NEVER would have purchased it! I am 5'8", but I can't adjust my seat and mirrors to allow me to see adequately out of the rear window. It is too small and positioned too high for me to see cars that are directly behind me. Backing up requires an act of faith on my part - can't see anything - especially at night! The car now has about 13, 000 miles on it, and we are 6 in-shop days away from suing Chrysler to buy it back under California's Lemon Law. My husband told me to start shopping for a new car, and I want the MDX.
  • Options
    va_guyva_guy Member Posts: 12
    I just purchased a "2005" Pac Touring AWD w/ 26s pkg and noticed that the shifter is not the fancy version with the "steps" that is displayed in the 2005 brochure. I looked at the manufacture date and it was built in May 2005. Does anyone know of any other "changes" that were made for the '05 model that I may not have received, did I end up with an '04 model that was labeled as an '05? Should I be concerned with this?
  • Options
    I'm afraid I can't answer your question for sure, but would think that would be at least misrepresentation if not some kind of fraud. I just picked up my '05 touring and it does have the "steps" you refer to. We drove 6 pacs at different dealers even in different states and they all had these, both '04 and '05.
  • Options
    Don't know what is available this mo., but they have to get these pac's moving, so I'm sure there will be some kind of "sugar" out there. The Chrysler special financing for $1,ooo. off was 7.3%! You only have to make 3 payments before you can refinance. I was quoted 3.7% 2 weeks ago. I hope it's available in 3 months.
  • Options
    va_guyva_guy Member Posts: 12
    bigdaddy1,

Just a FYI that I took the 1k financing incentive and got it with 4.99%. The manager had quoted me that rate when I asked what to expect, however the finance guy had put down 5.99% until I mentioned that the manager had said 4.99%. He doubled checked with the manager and said they had "coupons" that they could apply to help a customer get a better rate. Supposedly he had 4 "coupons" left and since this was the last day of the month he applied them on my loan. At least that's what I was told. Also, this rate will vary depending on whatever "credit rating" they assess you at, they told me I was at the A+ rating but there was another rating even better than that.
  • Options
    I guess it only goes to prove never believe a car dealer! After hours of getting things straight we were told that taking the additional $1,000. we had to take the "official" Chry. rate that week of the 7.3%. When we started to back off, the financing person showed us that we only had to have this rate for 3 payments before we could refinance and in fact gave us the name of another source down the road that was quoting 3.7%, the same as I had found earlier in the week. April 1st we will refinance. Congratulations on your purchasing success.