2024 Jeep Grand Cherokee lease from Mark Dodge Click here

2025 Ram 1500 Factory Order Discounts from Mark Dodge Click here
Options

Chrysler Pacifica

1424344454648»

Comments

• Options
    charger3charger3 Member Posts: 210
    I paid 1500 for my car and got them down to 800 for my wifes pacifica. 100 deductable max care 8 year 80000
  • Options
    pssimonpssimon Member Posts: 144
    I ended up with a Lifetime Maxcare on my 2008 for ~$1500. It's already covered replaced motor mounts and replaced the radio!
  • Options
    faroutfarout Member Posts: 1,609
    n call Chrysler at 1800 992 1997 and get Service contract info. Chrysler hasa 3 year no intrest payment plan. I have bought three this way. My 2007 Pac Tooring AWD Max Care $100, dect. cost $ 2400. and it covers everything, wth the LifeTime to match the power train warrant. I have 103,800 miles ad Chrysler just paid over $ 1,000. for new fuel pumps because the fuel gauge was so far off it was unbeliveable. I have has a starter, swaylinks and the driver seat lumber adjustment fixed. The cost has already equaled what I paid.

Just for your info. the AWD Pac's have two tanks shaped like a saddle. The right pump sends fuel to the left tank and then it goes to theengine. I was dumbfounded when the Service Manager showed this to me.
  • Options
    suzammersuzammer Member Posts: 1
    this sounds like what has been happening to my 2005 pacifica. it started acting strange about a month ago. when ever i steer to the left the air blows super good. as the steering is returned to the middle or right it blows out fair. that was the start of the ac problem. everyone i asked said sounds as if something is lose. the other day it wouldn;t blow out the front vents at all only the rear . the next day it is back on. it comes and goes.

please tell me this is something simple and inexpensive to .
  • Options
    nvbankernvbanker Member Posts: 7,239
    not cheap or easy! sorry
  • Options
    05_pac_er05_pac_er Member Posts: 1
    Both driver's and passenger side mirrors will not fully adjust when selecting the memory function. They start to move in the right direction, but then stop before getting there. The mirrors adjust fine manually and the seat and pedals also adjust perfectly with the memory function. The deal wants to change the memory module... again! Has anyone had this problem and found a fix for it? I drive a 2005 Pac. Thanks!
  • Options
    Hey sorry I did not see your post sooner. I found that the belt and water pump need changed at 102,000 miles on the A schedule. The spark plugs done at the same milage. I hope this helps even if its rather long from your post.

farout
  • Options
    I just read what you had to do to r & r the belt and water pump! WoW!!!!!
    I had no problems paying $250. my dealer is charging for this! I thought it was a good deal, now I say it's s steal!
    God Bless those who work on vehicles. Thanks for sharing what it takes to do this. I am still very much determined never to do any work on my car, even if I could. I have just a few miles short of 110,000 miles onour Pac touring awd. Best car we have had in 5 decades.

farout
  • Options
    charger3charger3 Member Posts: 210
    I read it too. I paid 470 at a repair shop I was working and didn't have time to do it myself. The dealer wanted allot more. The dealer parts come to 334.60 plus 2.5 hours labor. I saw one of your older posts on fuel pumps and looked it up on my Alldata I was surprised the two things that look like fuel pumps the drivers side is the pump and the right side is the fuel pressure regulator with hoses going between both. I'm going to change my wifes timing belt this next summer when I have time Parts will cost me 141.51
  • Options
    When does the belt need to be replaced?
  • Options
    oakazizoakaziz Member Posts: 1
    My wife's Pacifica's traction control light came on and it slowed the car down to almost a stop, she said she had to shut it off and restart the car. It has happened twice now only in rain and a little snow. Is this normal for it to slow that much and if so, what does she do after it slows down, because she said it does not pick up speed after?
  • Options
    oldmoparfan2oldmoparfan2 Member Posts: 3
    I have a 2004 Pacifica and engine displays code p0325 for knock sensor. Where is knock sensor located and are there any other problems that could affect knock sensor. car runs smooth, but mileage has dropped. I have installed a chip from WWW.GFORCECHIPS.COM AND IT DOES MAKE IT MORE PEPPY.
    I would appreciate it if someone could tell me where sensor is located.
    When car was about 6 mo old there was a recall and they reflashed the computer. It dropped performance and mileage, but they wouldn't change it back. My average mileage on highway is 21 and 17.5 around town. I have 55,000 miles and have been pleased with car except mileage. Hopefully this chip will help.
  • Options
    jtg61jtg61 Member Posts: 43
    Most assuredly this is some sort of spam for WWW.GFORCECHIPS.COM. Please stay off this comment thread. You have been reported.
  • Options
    steelydanfansteelydanfan Member Posts: 134
    You are full of crap......you are a loser of the 1st degree......You lie..........,,,,
  • Options
    My apologys for my post about purchasing chip for my Pacifica and menthoning the co name. My error.
    My goal in this post was to find location of Knock sensor.
  • Options
    I don't understand the anger in your reply. Aparrently I make a mistake in menthoning the co name of the chip. My apologys for that error.
    Aparently you have some serious anger issues. Maybe you should try anger management counseling.
  • Options
    cirus454cirus454 Member Posts: 1
    I'am doing the same job and one of the camshafts sprung off the mark also. I tried to wrench it back to the mark but I felt alot of resistance so I stopped. What way did you wrench it back into place? Thanks!

Steve
  • Options
    b25nutb25nut Member Posts: 202
    After 9 1/2 years with my 2004 Pacifica, next month I'll be trading it in on a 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid. The Pacifica has been my best vehicle. It did everything I wanted: transported elderly parents with easy in and out access, brought home huge Christmas trees, transported large radio controlled aircraft, held 6 people when needed, had all the power I needed and was reliable. It has started with the first turn of the key every time. My only complaint has been the air conditioning, which had to be worked on twice. I still have the original brake pads after 123,000 miles.
    It will be sad to see it go, but it still looks almost new and I'm confident it will provide another family with near luxury transportation for another 50,000+ miles. My wife's 2006 RX330 will now do all of the large object transportation and the Fusion will give us a car with 40+ mpg for everyday driving and long trips.
  • Options
    ultrasuperultrasuper Member Posts: 3
    The main advantages of this car:
    The memory system includes pedal position, allowing multiple drivers to find their preferred driving positions easily. Third row seats expand the maximum passenger capacity to 6. Chrysler also prioritized safety and security by including: dual front impact airbags with occupant sensing airbag, head curtain airbags, traction control, brake assist, a panic alarm, and 4 wheel disc brakes with ABS.
  • Options
    pz300pz300 Member Posts: 1
    Do like I did and glue a flat keychain decoration on the back. I used an alum bottle opener key chain, but those tacky Hawaii or souvenir key chains work as well. Use epoxy glue and it will hold. I couldn't find a key fab remote cozy like other cars have that slip over the remote.

Also on the timing belt replacement that richardlee1 did; my 2006 3.5l pacifica was also a bear. I removed the engine mounts and used a jack under the pan to lift the engine to gain clearance for removing and accessing the bolts. Also rent a serpentine belt remover from Autozone.
    And lastly, my 3 alignment marks did not want to line up. When the bottom crank mark was aligned the other cam marks were either 1/8in to either direction of the mark on the engine. I tried it with the marks just to the left and got P0016 error, so had to mess with the marks to get the just to the right and then the error went away. With the first try the engine ran great until the hwy and then it shuttered when downshifting to pass at about 65. The check engine light would light in about 5 sec of starting. And thanks for the tip of leaving the one bolt out behind the power steering pump since I had to remove the cover about 3 times to finally get the timing right. I can see why the dealer charges 1500 for the labor.
  • Options
    Does the 4.0L have a timing belt that needs replacing also?
  • Options
    There is a timing belt. And you need to replace the water pump while doing it. The best price I got was $375. Lots of labor to get it done. You should replace the serpitine belt while your at it. The owners manual says the belt needs to be r&r at 100,000 miles. We have a 2007 touring AWD with 138,600 miles on it.
    We really enjoy our PAC, but it is a real expensive vehicle to drive. We bought the Max Care Chrysler Service Contract. The repair the warranty has paid is $8,100 and we have spent out of our pocket $ 6,300 and that includes $ 2,000 for 4 sets of tires. On top of all this we spent $ 2,550. on the Max Care Contract. So for the Pacifica is really a expensive car to own.
  • Options
    Wow - thank you - I'd better get on it then. My daughter drives this car back and forth from Vegas to LA ever couple of weeks. Thanks for the info - and yes, this IS an expensive car to drive.