Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Dodge Charger 2006+

Comments

• SporinSporin Member Posts: 1,066
    Just when I think I've talked myself out of the Charger for rational, left-brain reasons—the one that I saw in my parking lot shows up again...making me WANT it. even more.

:P
  • xtecxtec Member Posts: 354
    That happened to my daughter.She drove by a Mistubishi dealer on her way to work.She saw A Eclipse that she fell in love with.Then it was gone, then it showed up again.She bought the car and been happy with it since.Good Luck.
  • hayneldanhayneldan Member Posts: 657
    PRC 3 red daytona production can be found on this site. http://www.arifleet.com/production.html
  • SporinSporin Member Posts: 1,066
    After a long day of disapointing test drives, we had a late lunch and decided to finally drive the one car we REALLY liked the looks of in the first place, the

Nothing but HEMIS on the lot, but they had a 3.5 V6 Magnum (the wagon). Drove it, liked the mechanicals...a lot. Tons of room, smooth, plenty of power...but the wagon was too claustrophobic.... you look behind you and it's all roof... the glass all around is so short. No thanks.

They offered a Charger drive so to see if we liked that spaces, sightlines, etc. better...so we got to drive the Hemi. :) Nice car, all the passenger space, but overall shorter and WAY less claustrophobic, more glass. We love it.

They are going to see what they can find in minimally optioned V6's and get back to us.
  • chargenursechargenurse Member Posts: 3
    OK OK....May 31st... I can wait....wish it was sooner!
    Thanks for the info!
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,147
    A newspaper would like to interview a female consumer who has been turned off by Dodge: either she shopped for a Dodge vehicle but couldn't find anything to meet her needs, or she did not like the macho approach that Dodge uses in its ads. Please respond to jfallon@edmunds.com before Friday, March 3, 2006 with your daytime contact info, your vehicle's year, make and model, and a few thoughts on the subject of interest.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• worrworr Member Posts: 45
    Why interview then if you already know the conclusions?

Why not just make up a fictional interview...deception seems the same.
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Um, I think the reason for the request is that the reporter has no intention of reporting a fictional interview. If he/she did, why would he/she bother to ask?

Anyway, if anyone here has something relevant to contribute within the parameters requested, just reply to jfallon@edmunds.com before Friday, March 3, 2006 - which is tomorrow - with your daytime contact info, your vehicle's year, make and model, and a few thoughts on the subject of interest.
    Nice try.

The reason for the reqeust is for a predetermined outcome....aka the "parameters requested." Again, why bother with an interview if you already have the end game laid out...other than to justify your own presumption?
  • jrnyacejrnyace Member Posts: 21
    What they are asking for is an interview with a female that had a positive expierience with Dodge. If coming to this forum to ask for one-that's fine by me. This forum is partially one to state the love for the Charger and other Chrysler products. Who needs the negativity here. Not me.
    Here is the quote:

"A newspaper would like to interview a female consumer who has been turned off by Dodge:"
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    It's way too late now anyway, how 'bout we get back on topic.
    The Charger is the International car of the year.It is the
    editors most wanted,and it got the SEMA award for vehicle design.I think thats pretty good for the Charger.If the 300 didn't win the car of the year last year ,I think the Charger would have won that award this year.Looks like DCX
    is on the right track.
  • tnutstnuts Member Posts: 4
    I currently own a 2002 Lincoln LS V8 with 25,500 miles on it and was thinking of trading it in for a new 2006 Charger R/T. My LS has some getty up and go and I love the power that I have when I need it. I know the HEMI has more HORSEPOWER and all but I need feedback on like how the interior is. I have 2 children and they don't really have alot of room in the back because I'm 6'2 and push my seat as far back as I comfortably can, but my kids complain about not having enough room. Is the inside also quiet when driving, does the inside have any rattles or noises. I just need as much info as I possibly can before I take the next step and actually walk into a dealer and TEST Drive one. I also live in the Phoenix area so does anybody think a BLACK car will be bad with the heat we get out here in the summer? All info that anybody can supply me from your experience with owning this car would be greatly appreciated and welcomed. :)
  • docrxdocrx Member Posts: 3
    My suggestion would be to just go check one out for yourself, if you are up front with most dealers they will go ahead and let you test drive it and look at it. I think my wife and I ended up test driving one 3 times before she finally decided what she preferred. Anyway, if it is rear seat room, you may like the charger, we were impressed by the interior size of the car, it is what finally sold her to get one, it is the largest interior of the cars we tried. I dont know about your LS so I can't compare it. I think the interior is a little cheaper looking than some of the others, I was initially turned off by it, and that was the biggest thing to get past for me, you are basically paying for the hemi. We tried the impala but it was so bland, and the others were smaller looking. The looks kept growing on us and I like the interior now, but it is good for mid-20s pricing not 30's as far as luxury looking, but it is so much fun to drive. No rattles and road noise is okay, but I came from ford taurus and chevy tahoe, not lincoln. I have a black rt and the interior is tan and it is nice but we are in the northwest. When we lived in california, we had a black interior cougar and it was ok, but sure is hot for a bit. I think the black is the best color on it, it has the metallic sparkle to it. Good luck hope this helps get you in to see for yourself!!!!
    Everything docrx is pretty much on the money.I live in Tucson and I can tell you that black is beautiful,but in AZ. its the worse color to have.The desert heat is to much on a black car.During the summer its going to be about 20degrees hotter in a black car when compared to a white car which I have.Your A/C won't cool down as good with a black car.My nephew has a black SUV and brought it to several repair shops to check out his A/C and they all said
    because of the color it won't cool down like it should.I will say I like the Charger very much and fun to drive,good
    luck.
  • alteriusalterius Member Posts: 1
    I would like to be able to disable the Electronic Stability Program on my 2006 Dodge Charger RT. I read in a car review, that the reviewers had tested the car with the stability program disengaged, resulting in the car's best best run times. Does anyone have any information on how this can be done?
    If you look just above your radio,you'll see a button that
    says ESP off.Push that button and a light will come on the dash in the temp guage with a symbol showing a car with
    tire tracks.This shows that the ESP is off.
  • rtseatdriverrtseatdriver Member Posts: 1
    I've convinced my wife that I must have a new Charger. No more tiny, whimpy foreign rides. While my heritage (& little voices in my head) tell me I need a V8, the wallet (sticker price + projected gas mileage) slaps me back to reality. Is it possible for me to own an SXT without regretting not getting an R/T for the rest of my life? :shades:
  • blesseuerblesseuer Member Posts: 12
    Hate to say it, but i drove Daytona version and then drove the GTO; not even close as far as power...the GTO is strong and fast while the Daytona is quick.
    My focus is now on going for the GTO...with only variable looking at 2 car seats in back of 2 door versus the 4 door.
    If you drive the SRT8 ,I think you'll have a differant opinion.
    I have A SXT and I'm verry happy with it.The 3.5 moves this car pretty good.Its about 400lbs less the the hemi.It
    feels like a v8 and you get decent mileage.Mine has the 18 r/t wheels so it looks like the R/T without the hemi.Plus
    the 5speed w/autostick is nice.I think you'll be happy if you get one.Good Luck
  • blesseuerblesseuer Member Posts: 12
    Probably...but if we are talking apples to apples on price then the GTO takes it hands down. But i would love to own the SRT8 over both the others!
  • hayneldanhayneldan Member Posts: 657
    The Pontiac GTO is being discontinued due to slow sales. It may be resurrected in a few years using the Camaro chassis if the Camaro comes to be.
  • jrourkejrourke Member Posts: 72
    and you get decent mileage

What kind of mileage are you getting on your SXT?
    I have been averaging between 18 to 19.5 in city,it depends
    on how you drive,traffic,hotrodding.Its better then the 02
    Intrepid I had with the H.O. 3.5.And it has more go then my Intrepid which I think is due to the 5speed tranny.I'm
    still under 2k so it should go up a little with more miles.
  • ezaircon4jcezaircon4jc Member Posts: 793
    If you have to ask the question, you already know the answer. I regretted not getting the V8 in my first Lincoln LS. I still have it (2000 V6, 123K+ miles), but rectified my regret with the 2006.
  • brooksdgbrooksdg Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone had this or seen this one yet?

I bought a 06 Charger SRT-8. Drove it for a week showed it off to some friends. Well the last guy I showed it to, when I opened the hood I heard a pop sound. What it turns out to be is when you are opening the hood, as it sweeps through the back lip is actually rubbing the fender up by the windshield on the drivers side. Now when i open the hood it just barely touches but obviously it shouldn't.

Looking at the gaps everything seems good and it doesn't touch on the passenger side. The dealer is telling me I have to take it to their body shop because they might have to remove the fender. I have a bad feeling that the car will never be right after this trip to the shop. Most of the places down here are more into to quantity than quality.

Anyway has anyone heard of this or seen it on the Chargers before?

Thanks
    I'm sorry to hear about your problem and I just checked my hood and it is nice and smooth.My hood doesn't seem to get close to the fender to rub.I haven't heard anybody on this forum mention any problem like that.Check your hinge and see if it broke.I hope you get it fix because you have nice car.Good luck
  • posiposi Member Posts: 1
    I bought a new Charger last October I love this car I still get stares at stoplights this car rides great,It's fast for a 6 cylinder It feels like an 8 cylinder and the radio is quite powerful. I have waited to post since October to see if I would have any problems with this car and so far and am pleased to say that as far as I can see it is defect free. I am so happy to get back into a rear wheel drive car and if I have my way about it I will never drive another front wheel drive car again....they suck!!!
    When I read your message,I thought I wrote it.I have a SXT
    Charger that I bought in October.I have the same feelings as you about the car.I have only 1600 on mine as you can tell I don't drive much.When I do drive Im glad its the Charger Im driving.These cars are awesome,and Im glad I bought it.I hope all Charger owners have good luck.
  • elchurroelchurro Member Posts: 4
    I am interested in an SXT with the G package and have a few questions:

1. Is the backseat kid seat friendly? I have two squids and kid comfort is essential.

2. Is road noise bearable and better or worse with the 18 inch tires/wheels?

3. What are people paying for the SXT? I realize that there is another forum for this type of inquiry but it is very lonely over there. I have received "internet deals" ranging from $24,800 (without leather and other options) to $27,600 (with leather and video system). Any guidance is greatly appreciated.
    I think the Charger SXT is the right choice.I have the 18 inch wheels on mind and there is no problem with road noise with these wheels.This car has a great ride alot better then the 02 Intrepid SXT with 17 inch wheels,which was my last car.The back seat is huge and comfortable,and the back seats fold down which comes handy once in awhile.
    Mine has power pedals,power sunroof,18in.wheels and my sticker was 27,795.They knocked off 1290 off sticker.That was in October when they weren't takeing to much off the sticker.Plus I had my trade in and they don't take much off the sticker with a trade.I hope this helps.Good luck.
  • chargerboychargerboy Member Posts: 3
    Hello, I am new to the board. I bought a Charger R/T about 3 months ago and mostly use Auto-stick when I drive. Just curious on how high of RPM people go before shifting. I am only going to about 3500-4000 and I do not think that I am getting the best performance.
    The red line for the Hemi is about 5800 rpms.If you look at your tachometer you will see a red line at the 5800 mark.To be safe I would shift at 5500 or if you leave it in drive and give it full throttle it should shift at the 5800 mark.You will see a big differance with the shift at
    5500.Thats where you get the most horsepower.
  • chargerboychargerboy Member Posts: 3
    Thank you. This is my first nice car and I am not uesed to the reving noise at high rpm. I need to remember that the car was built for sounding like that and for performance.
  • discgolfer99discgolfer99 Member Posts: 42
    I don't have any poping sound, or rubbing, however, my SXT (purchased last August) has a mis-alignment between the drivers side fender and the hood. The hood drops down a bit as compared to the fender, and they are out of alignment. I noticed this about a week or two after purchasing it, and I also checked several others at the dealer and they all had the same problem. I pointed it out to a salesman, but he obviously didn't seem to care. I also decided that if I took the car in for this, when I got it back, it was likely to be worse and NEVER be the same, so I opted to live with it. Any one else want to fess up to this issue? The only other issue I have is the headliner in the back flaps when I have the windows down, as the piece of velcro they used did not hold up. I will take it in for that soon.

I had the windows tinted (dark on back doors and window, medium on the front door windows). Color is magnesium Pearl. I LOVE this car and would not get rid of it, even with the mis-aligned hood...
  • jrnyacejrnyace Member Posts: 21
    Hey guys and gals! I know I posted this question months ago -but I thought maybe someone else would catch this. Does anyone else have a problem with the chrome bezel that is supposed to snap in around the shifter? I have noticed that it pops out at the slightest touch! Try it for yourself. It seems cheap. Other than that I LOVE this car!
  • illini4illini4 Member Posts: 140
    My 300C has the same hood/fender issue, but it doesn't seem to be a misalignment. The hood dips slightly below the fender near the middle of the hood, but is close to flush at both ends. I don't think alignment will help with this. I din't even notice it until my wife pointed it out. She spotted it the first time she drove the car!
    I checked my hood about evertime someone mentions hood problems.I can't find any problem with mine,all the gaps are perfect,and the hood when opened doesn't come close to the fender.I can put my hand between the hood and the fender with the hood opened.If this was my car I would do something about it.If everyone complains,this could help get a tech service bulletin out.Plus what the price you pay I would want to make it right.They must be able to fix your problem.Take it to a body shop get their opinion then go back to the dealer and tell them what they said.Good luck with everyone with the hood problem.
  • looneytoonlooneytoon Member Posts: 14
    After I built this one we tried an SRT8. Just wasn't as impressed with the SRT. With all the motor adds for the 5.7 I think it is ten time the car for the money then the SRT. And we all know it is more practical and affordable to own.
    Have you done many 300s and Magnums?I watch Unique Whips
    and it seems they do alot of Magnums and 300s.I wish more Chargers were out there.Thats why its nice to see a Charger likes yours.
    I have done probably a 2 dozen or more 300 and magnums. I have only done three Chargers including mine. I kinda like the fact that there are not as many chargers fixed up as the others. Makes it a more unique car. Not that I am bias or anything. I think the charger is much easier to dress out and looks ten times better then the 300 or magnum.
  • sgpd101sgpd101 Member Posts: 3
    i was wondering if anyone out that not only had one of these beautiful chargers, but had thought about modifying the exhaust to the magnaflow exhaust?? i have notheard anything if the chip will also have to be changed or not. I am hoping someone out there loves their car as much as I love mine and had thought, or made the modification and has any feedback for me on this.

I was also kicking it around to change the seatblet system to the 5 point restraignt, since i have the sport package.....any thoughts?
  • bighemijbighemij Member Posts: 1
    Just curious if the SRT 8's price was the main reason you did not like it. If you could get one for about $36,500, would you still prefer to modify a R/T over the SRT8?

Thank you
    As I just posted I used the magnaflo duel exhaust setup and removed the extra canister from the Charger. I also used the jet performance mods for my ecm and put an AEM brute force cold air intake on the car. with that i spent around $1200 and gain 34 hp at the rear wheels according to the dyno. hope that helps you on you upgrades.
    i do alot of work for the car dealers and i bought my r/t with the road and track package for 30k out the door. with paint lowering kit wheels and tires and engine mods i am still in my car for around 34k. about a month ago we did wheels and a lowering kits with exhaust on a SRT8 and we ran the two cars. for the money difference I would say the SRT8 would have to be around 35k to buy one. I havent shopped in awhile but i think most dealers are still asking sticker are above for a SRT8.
  • discgolfer99discgolfer99 Member Posts: 42
    I tested mine when you posted this about a month ago. I have tried to move it around a bit, etc., but it does not come off. Seems to be OK, which I would think is a GOOD thing. That means it is not a common problem, and should be "fixable"...
  • rolo77rolo77 Member Posts: 31
    MILITARY OVERSEAS FOR 6 YEARS RETURNING NOV 06, WITH LIMITED LOCAL ACCESS TO ANY NEW CAR INFORMATION, WHAT CAN
    BE EXPECTED TO CHANGE FOR THE CHARGER IN 2007, PACKAGES,
    COLOR CHANGES, POWER UPGRADES ETC ETC
    CHIEF
  • dmvossdmvoss Member Posts: 3
    Am interested in getting a deal on a used Charger R/T. Found one that is the Daytona package. Not fond of the hood or rear side badging. Does anyone know if that is applied and can be removed easily or not? Thanks-
This discussion has been closed.