Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• lowlight21lowlight21 Member Posts: 2

Any word yet on what the March promos will be? I'm from Minnesota and looking to purchase an EX-L without nav in the next week.

• stage4survivorstage4survivor Member Posts: 56

0.9% to 60 mos on 2013; 1.9% on 2014s
    Also heard there's $2000 dealer cash on 1013 coupes.

• eastwest30eastwest30 Member Posts: 5

need some advice..@brian125
    got 2014 honda accord coupe ex automatic for $21,700 +$500 college grad rebate+ TTL (CA). But now about 2 weeks getting called from delearship that the Honda FInance dept did not accept the diploma (it was from a post graduate east coast university from 2013). So now they want $500. I am not sure what to do? I have already put like 600miles on the car (yeah distances in california are a bit much). do i pay the $500, have it spread over the monthly, or return the car (is that even any option? I would need a new contract either way right).

I was orginally looking to get a 2013 and got the 2014 cause it seem like a great deal for the new model and ex (apparently 2013 accord coupe ex are hard to find)

thanks

• brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    edited March 2014

eastwest,

Very interesting question. I dont know if the lender can rework that original loan wihout paying off and doing over again.... Thats a question for who honda financed thru.

Make a point to the dealership this is there error and not your fault.. Either they have to rework the 500 into the loan some how or eat there mistake. You have no extra money right now to pay off that 500..

On the flip side..... if you lied and this so called East coast degree was not valid you will be liable if dealer takes you to court and you might end up paying not only your legal costs but dealers costs to ..

Post the outcome

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• eastwest30eastwest30 Member Posts: 5

thanks @brian125.
    I acutally showed them the picture of the diploma (I happened to have it on my phone) and its the same one I had email them. I had initially planned on getting the car cash down, but they said going thru honda finance can get me better deal; I told them I graduated from grad school few year ago and the only have the diploma i have recently is this (I also texted the pic of diploma to the sales guy).
    What peeves me is I had to return the next day, because the typed out the wrong address on half the paper work even though we sat there for hours the first day; they had me redo all the paperwork.
    this is turning out to be a sour experience on what I thought was a decent deal.
    If I return the car will i lose the TTL fees? $22,200 is not as great of a deal as $21,700.

edited March 2014

Trust me dealer got your sig on the dotted line you cant return car now... Get college transcript if that helps or what ever they need to prove your a college grad. I'm sure there is something from your old school they will except. Not Hip On that stuff.. good luck

• brad90956brad90956 Member Posts: 5
    edited March 2014

I live in the Toledo, Ohio area. Went to the dealership today to test drive a 2014 Honda Accord Ex Coupe 4 cylinder, CVT with no extras. I really like the car but I need your help with the price I should pay. The dealer gave me a price of $24,017 which would be $25,999 OTD (including TTL). That price includes 500.00 flex cash if I finance the vehicle at 0.9% for 36 months. They also offered to pay my last lease payment (of the Nissan I am leasing right now) of $213.10 if I buy the car this week.

I've been talking with family members and friends and we all think this price is too high. I am going to negotiate his offer with a counter offer of $25,000 OTD plus they pay my last lease payment and I will buy the car this week.

My question is...what final price do you think i should settle on? I know they will not accept my counter offer so what is the right price to pay?

Thanks

edited March 2014

Brad,

The right price to pay is your lowest negotiated price. There is no wrong or right answer here. Your negotiation depends on how good you could negotiate and what price dealers want to let vehicle go for. Coupe model; 2014 is a supple and demand vehicle. Dealers that have limited coupes wont sell as cheap as dealers with more in stock. Find a dealer with 15 coupes on his lot you will do better with price.

Did you know if you buy the 2013 coupe model there is a 2k incentive off price, plus you could probable negotiate another 1500 to 3k off that price..

800 to 1500 below invoice is your range weighing in all mentioned factor's for a 2014 model coupe... I would read thru this board and find the dealerships selling Accords in your area cheaper than most and try to make my deal with those dealerships 1st. If your financing vehicle flex cash of 500 adds to your deal. seek out those dealerships first.

Forget about complicating your deal with dealership paying old leasing payment . Work on your lowest possible deal to buy. Unless you are leasing but same should apply.

• stage4survivorstage4survivor Member Posts: 56

I have an offer of $26.4K including destination on a 2013 Coupe V6 EXL w/Navi, no mention of flex cash BUT, I'm considering waiting until the end of March.
    I prefer the Touring sedan however can't justify the $3K up charge for LED headlights

• mk8201mk8201 Member Posts: 1

hi, citizenchi, I am living at Chicago area, I also looking for 2014 cr-v ex awd. which dealer you purchased the cr-v? this is the awesome deal I never seen it before.

edited March 2014

Thanks Brian. I actually settled on a price with the Honda dealership today. A 2014 Honda Accord EX Coupe (Modern Steel) 4 cylinder with no extras for $24,786.09 OTD (TTL, 7% sales tax, 18.50 for 30 day temp plate, $180 Doc. fee). I even asked for seasonal floor mats at no cost and they said OK. I wanted to pay cash for the vehicle but if I financed through Honda at 0.9% for 36 months they threw in $500 flex cash. I asked my salesman about the financing and he said I could pay off the entire loan after the first month without penalty so that is what I am going to do.

Thanks for your response. I think I got a decent deal.

• mike372mike372 Member Posts: 354

Brian, it seems to be difficult to get an honest answer when you call dealers asking about flex cash. This is not the first time it happened to me, but I called DCH in Oldbridge today and the sales person told me there was no flex cash this month. I pressed harder and she still said no flexcash was available. I told her it was March 5th and the dealers know whether or not Honda is offering it. Then I said the deal is not going to happen unless I get flex cash and all of a sudden she checked with the sales manager and flex cash was available. The same thing happened to another poster who bought in NJ last January. It appears as though they offer it on a discretionary basis, for example, they are more likely to offer it if the buyer pays more for the car as opposed to the buyer who is more aggressive with the price. Because notice Honda does not mention it on their website, but Toyota does(they call it subvention cash) and every buyer gets it. There has got to be a reason why the first thing they ask you is whether you are paying cash or financing. Just my two cents.

edited March 2014

mike,

Make a list of every dealer you call. In state and out of state. We know from last month in NY/ NJ area Accords market area price range is at best 6 to 700 below invoice after you consider doc fee charges. This month here are your options:

1= you buy for above price at months end trying to get a lower price deal and , or add flex cash of 500 to that number making your deal about 1200 below invoice.

2= You buy out of state making your lowest price. prices are lower in M.D./ VA , etc.

3- Choose a cheaper model vehicle if by months end 500 to 800 is making a big difference for you to buy.

Here is the info you need to ask dealerships before you start to negotiate price. Your pricing inquirery is done next week by phone and email with your offer to buy after you collect below dealership info. from every one. There is no reason to collect info and negotiate. Its a 2 step process. Once your spread sheet is completed with dealer info you are armed and ready to play ball. This info first...................... ALL dealerships

A-...Internet mangers name, email, and direct phone number. Or a associates number in the internet dept...... Do not deal with any floor salesman. Internet sales team only shooting for the manager to close deal with. NO, No NO FLoor salesman. you will waste your time as you learned from prior dealings.

B-...Does your dealership have flex cash if i finance thru you. Its YEs or No... there is no other answer. If they cant answer that question hang up on them.

C...What are your dealersips doc fee charges?

After you collect your info from your 10 or 20 target dealerships Your armed and ready to negotiate.. Email and call each dealerships manager here in NY/NJ . You are to tell each dealership that at months end you will be buying your vehicle from a MD dealership there prices are lower. But you would consider taking less if a local dealership will match or meet your price of xxx below invoice plus flex cash cause you will be financing thru that dealership. Wait til the last week of this month then make your best deal with a local dealership or buy out of state to save a few dollars.. If no dealer prior makes a deal with you.

Remember Emailing only gets you so far. At some point direct talks one on one negotiation has to occurr with the Internet managers... This will help weed out dealerships that are BS and dealerships that are ready to sell. X off the bad dealerships as you go and only deal with the dealerships that are internet friendly and are eager to sell to you.

In NY and NJ you may start out with 20 dealerships and end up with only 5 or 6 dealerships competing for your business..

Contact these dealerships again along with the rest of your dealerships.

New Rochelle, Yonker, Friendly, Bayridge, Atlantic, Hunnington in.... NY

Auto-sport , P. Miller, Joyce, Hamilton, DCh Academy, DCH Paramus, Madison, Burlington, Honda of Turnersville, Burns..... just a few to call in NJ

I would reach out to all the above and start wacking them off one by one if they are lying or dont want to deal. Direct talks mike so they know you are ready to buy the day you make the phone call.

Out of state dealerships that have been sellling alot cheaper than our area.

Pohanka, Anderson, Sport, Criswell, to name a few.

Good luck........... Mr MIke

• lowlight21lowlight21 Member Posts: 2

I just purchased a 2014 EX-L without nav.

$25,750
    $500 flex cash towards my down payment
    $1600 tax
    $400 title/doc fee
    Out the door for roughly $27,000

Dealer threw in all-season floor mats with the deal. Thanks to Brian for his help.

edited March 2014

lowlight

You did good........... enjoy your new accord.

Post dealer and state you purchased.... It will help the other members..

Purchased a 2014 Honda Accord EX Coupe from Brown Honda in Toledo, Ohio for $24,768.09 OTD. My salesman, Iain Frost, was really easy to deal with. We exchanged a few emails and he always responded very promptly. He answered all my questions and let me test drive the car twice. There was no pressure to purchase the "extras" and he is even letting me keep the car on the lot for 2 weeks until my current lease expires. He also threw in the all season rubber floor mats at my request.

If you are looking for a Honda in the Toledo, Ohio area, I highly recommend visiting Brown Honda and talking with Iain.

• flatfeetflatfeet Member Posts: 13

Anyone know if there are any current or upcoming incentives on 2013 4-door Civics? I saw the post about the $2K on the '13 Civic coupes. Please advise, thank you!

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527

@flatfeet said:
    Anyone know if there are any current or upcoming incentives on 2013 4-door Civics? I saw the post about the $2K on the '13 Civic coupes. Please advise, thank you!

$1000 cash incentive and financing of 0.9% up to 60 months (those two are compatible, as well)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• 107main107main Member Posts: 33

If you cant get at least $2500 off MSRP at a dealer, go to another one!

• robluabellarobluabella Member Posts: 1
    I live in so cal i want to buy a 2014 honda accord sport is 21500 a good deal? Otd they want 23850 this is the lowest ive gotten invoice is 23k
    edited March 2014

Rob,

Read thru board to get a idea on how to buy and what dealers in your area are selling cheaper.. If you follow my last post on March,5th you should have no problem getting a good deal.

• flatfeetflatfeet Member Posts: 13

Thank you!

• paradoxexparadoxex Member Posts: 1

My wife and I bought a Honda Accord Sport at Brown's Honda City in Glenn Burnie, MD on February 28th.

We shopped at a couple Honda dealers (we were also considering other models, so in all we dealt with a ton of dealers) and ended up getting the best deal by soliciting online offers from internet managers. Ironically, the salesman who closed are deal was very new and old-school (road in the back seat of our test drive, twice!) but we were there for the pricing, that's all. Dealing over the internet was very helpful - at Sport Honda we dealt with a floor manager who quoted us prices $2,000 and $1,000 over what we started with over the internet at Brown's.

The car did come with some pre-installed extras (stripes, wheel locks, trunk tray, mud guards) that were factored into the price, but overall we paid $23784 OTD. TTL was $1590 ($200 doc fee, $1339 tax, rest were title taxes). We did not finance the car, so there was no flex cash involved.

Good deal? We feel ok about it, but given all of the intricacies involved, I figured I'd ask the experts.

• saratogastevesaratogasteve Member Posts: 186

Brian, even after signing on the dotted line you can still back out of a deal as long as you haven't taken delivery of the car. Once you drive off the lot - then the deal is done.

edited March 2014

Steve,

Your Scenario isn't as easy as you think. But with not taken del. of vehicle may help you get over. Here is the flip side to that story.

Dealer would have legal right to take you to court / whether they would win or not i dont know? Dealer would be able to mess your credit record up with a reported failure for payments. Imagine the headache of going to court getting sued for failure to take del/ payment of loan and having dealership tac on there legal fee's for your stupidity.

Hopefully dealership wont go that route and you work something out.

edited March 2014

paradox,

You negotiated a good deal Assuming your agreed selling price was 22,194 with dest charge. Puts you at 1031 below invoice. Thats after minusing dealers doc fee charges of 200.. plus your noted added accessories.

Your deal in Maryland makes the folks in NY/ NJ area consider to make a trip down for the extra savings.. The flex cash would of made your deal a homerun if dealer had to give..

Enjoy your new sport... Thanks for posting

• zhelderzhelder Member Posts: 42

Hi everyone. I'd like to know whether I negotiated a good deal yesterday on a new 2013 Honda Accord Touring sedan. I went to Mahwah Honda in NJ, where I bought my '04 Accord. They had one new black/black 2013 Touring in stock (just like I wanted). I came armed with a $31,002 quote (inc. destination) for a 2014 model from another local dealer.

Before I showed them the TrueCar price, they asked something like $32,500, which surely wasn't happening. I offered $27,000, which I knew was equally ridiculous, but I wanted to see what would happen.

They came back at $30,900. Better, but not quite there. I got up to leave. They then (supposedly) called the owner. Final price was $30,000 flat after $400 Flex Cash, and they offered me $500 more than they were going to for my '04 trade-in, which had a blown transmission, needed a full paint job, and has two accidents on the driver's side from hit & run jerks. So, I'd like to think I really got the car for $29,500. B) I was also able to get .9% financing for 60 months on the 2013 model. It would've been 1.9% for 60 months on the 2014.

So, did I do good? Should I have stayed with the 2014 or was I right to grab this beauty when I could? It looks like the only difference between the 2013 and 2014 models is an always on dimming rearview mirror in the 2014 (which is definitely NOT a plus), not to mention how long I might have to wait for the dealer to find a Touring in a desired color. This one called my name.

• tommister2tommister2 Member Posts: 393

Sounds like you got a great deal zhelder! Congrats and enjoy your new Accord.

2011 Toyota Camry, 2014 Jeep Wrangler, 2017 Honda Civic Coupe, 2019 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XSE, 2021 Toyota Tundra, 2022 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Tesla Model 3
  • benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311
    edited March 2014

zhelder: Great deal on an great car! Congrats!+++ That seems like an amazingly low price to me. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen a price that low on a Touring. We'll see what our Accord buying "Yoda" Brian has to say....

2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
  • gmanusmcgmanusmc Member Posts: 699

@brian125 said:
    Steve,

Your Scenario isn't as easy as you think. But with not taken del. of vehicle may help you get over. Here is the flip side to that story.

Dealer would have legal right to take you to court / whether they would win or not i dont know? Dealer would be able to mess your credit record up with a reported failure for payments. Imagine the headache of going to court getting sued for failure to take del/ payment of loan and having dealership tac on there legal fee's for your stupidity.

Hopefully dealership wont go that route and you work something out.

Hey Brian - how ya doing?

Steve is correct - here in CA, the sale is not final until the customer has "taken possession" of the vehicle and driven off the Dealer's lot. I suppose the dealer could try to hold the buyer to his/her signed contract, but most won't even bother to go through that and risk all the possible bad press, reviews, etc.

Take care,

Bill

2016 ES350 Lux/Atomic Silver
    2017 Accord Sport CVT Mod Steel Metallic
    edited March 2014

Bill,

I was getting worried not hearing from you in awhile.. Thinking maybe the gov't had you on a special ops. mission over sea's Pulled you out of retirement..... LOL

Quick story on my 2013 EXL V-6 Accord:

Bought my Accord Feb, 28th 2013..... Paid $ 775 below invoice price. Dealer threw in splash guards, wheel locks, and 3 free oil changes. Had no problems with car Outside of radio cutting off at times which dealer upgraded software. Had a little shuddering at low speeds but seem to stop. Gave car to my daughter 3 months ago with 2,500 miles. Her present for all the hard work she put into finishing her college master/phd up in Boston. Seems the Accord was leaking oil so she bought it to dealership in Boston. Dealer found no problem said to bring back after 100 miles..... Keep forum posted.

• srijalsrijal Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2014

Researched online and got couple of good e-price ranging from 26K-27K from Dealers near Boston. After negotiating with couple of dealers.... one of the dealers agreed to for $24,700 before taxes/title for 2014 Honda Accord EX-L CVT. Dealer also included $500 flex cash for financing thru Honda so basically I paid $24,200 for the car.

edited March 2014

srijal,

Post dealership you purchased at so the other members can try to get a simular deal.

If your price of 24, 700 included the dest charge you have the lowest price so far this year on a 2014 accord. Even with dest charge not included in your mentioned deal puts you at 1160 below invoice price plus 500 flex making a very good deal. Most dealerships doc fee's in boston are 300 dollars.

Are you aware how low of a price you got below invoice?? Unless you made a mistake you pulled off a monster deal at 1950 below invoice plus the 500 flex on top.. There was a poster who bought a 2013 left over touring model last week for more than your 2014 model.

I think Mike 372 is going to be very happy w/ a deal like this.

Accord exl w dest charge = 26,650

$1950 below invoice PLUS 500 flex cash. I dont buy it. There must have been a trade involved
    or something else involved, ie military rebate,college grad rebate,etc. Again, you cannot believe every poster here on edmunds. Most, yes but not all.

edited March 2014

Mike... I find that post hard to believe also.. BUT. if that post is not bs..... I will negotate your deal with that dealer...LOL

There was another poster from maryland who made a good deal a few up from these last posts.. Check out his numbers and where dealer is located in MD. Dealerships closer to I95 make a easier transaction if your driven.

• accordnjaccordnj Member Posts: 20

Alright i am a newbie here, but just skimming through the posts - good stuff here especially for someone like me planning to buy an accord in the next month or so. thanks guys who keep this forum ticking. so here is my question. I live in central nj and willing to drive ~100 miles if there is a good deal. I am planning to buy a 2014 EX-L(no navi). what would my target price range for bargaining should be? I saw somebody posted $24450 OTD. So keeping a target of around $25k-$26 realistic? does the pricing depends on the inventory - like do we still have bargaining flexibility if the wifey likes a certain color? Also I saw on the dealership sites that 2013 Accords are almost on par with 2014 pricing. I thought 2013s should be a tad cheaper than 2014? thanks for being patient with my ton of questions...

• pacdecimalpacdecimal Member Posts: 39
    edited March 2014

As a true buyer who has purchased a 2014 EX-L, the fluctuation of prices beyond what large dealers like AutoNation (who get volume discount) provide are very skeptical. Small dealers just don't have the financial ability to sell a 2014 EX-L at $24,200 or $24,450 OTD. They would lose a lot of money on the deal. Larger dealers who purchase in bulk (AutoNation) have set prices based on certain region, and they sure will not deviate in taking a loss for selling a car every transaction. So, from a real purchaser, I would take all those so-called outrageous or once in a life time deal as an Ocean Front Property in Arizona.

• pacdecimalpacdecimal Member Posts: 39
    edited March 2014

srijal, you stated that you got an e-price in the range from 26K-to-27K, and you negotiated to $24,200(including flex). I don't know or ever heard of anyone negotiating that low from an internet quote. That's 10% below an internet e-mail quote.... Totally unheard of unless it was a demo.

@pacdecimal said:
    As a true buyer who has purchased a 2014 EX-L, the fluctuation of prices beyond what large dealers like AutoNation (who get volume discount) provide are very skeptical. Small dealers just don't have the financial ability to sell a 2014 EX-L at $24,200 or $24,450 OTD. They would lose a lot of money on the deal. Larger dealers who purchase in bulk (AutoNation) have set prices based on certain region, and they sure will not deviate in taking a loss for selling a car every transaction. So, from a real purchaser, I would take all those so-called outrageous or once in a life time deal as an Ocean Front Property in Arizona.

Some folks don't understand that OTD means the base price plus all taxes and fees so they call the base price they paid OTD. If that's the case here, the 24.2k or 24.45k is feasible.

@gmanusmc said:
    Some folks don't understand that OTD means the base price plus all taxes and fees so they call the base price they paid OTD. If that's the case here, the 24.2k or 24.45k is feasible.

Edit button didn't work - I'll just add that maybe we should just ask what they paid for the car including all taxes and fees (even though we don't need that info unless we live in their same location).

@brian125 said:
    Bill,

I was getting worried not hearing from you in awhile.. Thinking maybe the gov't had you on a special ops. mission over sea's Pulled you out of retirement..... LOL

Quick story on my 2013 EXL V-6 Accord:

Bought my Accord Feb, 28th 2013..... Paid $ 775 below invoice price. Dealer threw in splash guards, wheel locks, and 3 free oil changes. Had no problems with car Outside of radio cutting off at times which dealer upgraded software. Had a little shuddering at low speeds but seem to stop. Gave car to my daughter 3 months ago with 2,500 miles. Her present for all the hard work she put into finishing her college master/phd up in Boston. Seems the Accord was leaking oil so she bought it to dealership in Boston. Dealer found no problem said to bring back after 100 miles..... Keep forum posted.

No, I'm still around - just not posting much. The only thing the government wants from me these days is money, ha ha!

Holy oil pan batman! An oil leak on a new Honda? Hopefully it was just a loose drain plug or something. Please do keep us updated on what it was.

Congrats to your daughter - that's quite an outstanding accomplishment!

Bill

• carkhojcarkhoj Member Posts: 13

@accordnj said:
    Alright i am a newbie here, but just skimming through the posts - good stuff here especially for someone like me planning to buy an accord in the next month or so. thanks guys who keep this forum ticking. so here is my question. I live in central nj and willing to drive ~100 miles if there is a good deal. I am planning to buy a 2014 EX-L(no navi). what would my target price range for bargaining should be? I saw somebody posted $24450 OTD. So keeping a target of around $25k-$26 realistic? does the pricing depends on the inventory - like do we still have bargaining flexibility if the wifey likes a certain color? Also I saw on the dealership sites that 2013 Accords are almost on par with 2014 pricing. I thought 2013s should be a tad cheaper than 2014? thanks for being patient with my ton of questions...

For your reference, I bought accord ex-l (no navi) from Autosport in Bridgewater at OTD price of $27000. I also got 0.9% financing for 60 months. I bought in Jan, 2014. No other dealer in NJ was able to match this price. HTH.

Brian, thanks for the offer. MA is just a bit tii far from my location in NJ. I am thinking of calling the internet manager at Pohanka to see what price I can get the EX for. Did you get my IM that I sent you the other nite? I am still very hesitate to travel 4 hours only to find out that they are not going to sell the car for the agreed price, signed buyers order or not.

accordnj....
    The most off of invoice you can expect from a NJ dealer is around 600 less than invoice, including the doc fee in the total price of the car. The only addons are approx 300 for reg and title and NJ tax. If the dealer has flex cash, then subtract another 500 from price of car. And only a few dealers will go that low. One in Hamilton Honda, but be careful all of their 2014 EX's had the pro pack for 449.00 already installed so I assume they also installed it on the EXL's. If you are a sharp negotiator, you can still get the car for around 600 less than invoice, and only if you talk to the right person.

• accordnjaccordnj Member Posts: 20

Thanks @carkhoj and @mike372. One other question is did you guys use truecar quotes with the dealers? does it work?

accordnj,

Stick with making a list of dealerships to buy from as far as you want to travel to.... Read my post to mike372.... on March 8, 9th, if you do what i say in that post you will make your best possible deal this month.. True car will give you a average price people are paying. Whos to say that those 20 or 30 car sale prices were averaged on the most uneducated car buyers not having a clue on a good price. Take those prices with grain of salt.

If you catch the right dealership this month in NY/ Nj you may be able to work a deal for 700 To 1000 below invoice.. This is our top area market price.. Once you know your area prices high and lows you negotiate your best deal.. good luck

Anderson Honda in MD is another dealer who likes to load up his vehicles with pro pcks, pin striping and added accessories. These dealerships you have to be careful with or before you know it................ your good deal is no longer good due to all the add on's at dealers pricing.

To counter these kind of charges If you consider taking a vehicle like this. You make it clear to the dealer you will buy that car but all added accessories you will only pay dealers invoice price for those items.. If dealer wont agree tell him his only other option is

Find you the vehicle you want or you take your business to another dealer...

I noticed that alot of vehicles that i've been buying the last couple of years dealers have been installing Auto- start on them and trying to get 750 to 1000 dollars. Great feature in the colder states but not at that price . If you want that feature dealers will negotiate off that price for the sale.

I usually offer 300 for the auto-start or make dealer find me another vehicle if we cant agree on price or we dont want it..

Brian, did you include the doc fee when calculating the 775.00. Or was it less because of the doc fee. Also, did you get the 500 flex cash. Did you negotiate with the dealerr before the28th or on the 28th you contacted the dealer.?

edited March 2014

Mike, there was no flex cash last Feb, I think that started in july 2013. I bought on Feb, 28th in NY. I tried to buy vehicle in Jan but i could not find the deal i wanted. All prices were at 450 to 650 below invoice in NY or NJ. Some members who bought Accords in Dec, 2013 got deals of 1000 below invoice. So I waited til Feb. I was going to Boston to buy car but got lucky on the 28th. I pretty much strong armed my local dealership and used Bayridge honda in brooklyn and boston dealerships to scare him into my deal.. If my memory is correct on doc fee's ,, my deal was for 775 below invoice. dealer either knocked of 25 or 50 off the doc fee charge, with 3 free oil changes to make my deal.. wheel locks and splash guards were included in my deal,.. I purchased at either 725 or 750 below invoice.. after doc fee's were minused. I posted my deal mar,1st 2013.. So as you see my deal was just a few dollars more than your deals are this year. I bought a exl v-6 modern steel color accord which he had on lot.

Mike if i bought up in Boston, Herb chambers, and Weymouth honda price for me was just over 1 k below and Herb was about 987 below dealers invoice. doc fee's are 269 and 299 so After paying there doc fee charges i did alot better staying In NY and not traveling.

I was orignally going to buy from Auto-sport honda a Black touring model. One of the other members in here bought the same car drove up from VA or MD to buy it. Auto-sport had no more black tourings and would not find me one for the price i was looking to buy.

last feb, 2013 prices in NY last 2 days, last day of that month

New Rochelle was at 750 below...Plus doc.. 75

Bayridge....................700 below.....plus doc

Yonkers,,, was at........625 below ...plus doc

Friendly.....................600...............Plus doc

Atlantic.....................600................plus doc

Hunnington................550...............plus doc

Hillside , Paragon would not deal on phone.

Just to add to above post

Step 1---- Call as many dealerships as your willing to travel to... ask dealership Internet dept. for,

Internet managers, name, email, and direct phone number.

ask all dealerships if they have flex cash if you finance thru them.

ask all dealerships what there doc fee charge is???

Step 2---- Once your arrmed and ready with this info you need to know your exact model and any options you want.

Have a target price to buy. there should be a high and a low number to earn your business.. You should start your buying process the last week of any month holding out to the last days if need be for best pricing.. So after step 2

Now your ready to negotiate a deal. Start your calls, emails to your targeted dealerships.

To avoid wasted time on the phone when collecting your info if they switch you to to a floor salesman tell him/ her your looking for these questions to be answered you will be considering buying a honda at months end and will be going thru the internet dept for the sale.. Do not get involved with leaving your name etc. your calls are for collecting info. If saleman wont help you hang up and ask for the internet sales dept... . Step 3 is talking and negotiating with Int/ mgrs. or there associates about pricing ..