Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!





Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2014 Audi S4 Lease Questions

1356

Comments

  • farazafaraza Posts: 30

    Does AFS set residual and money factor rates for a quarter ?

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 130,616

    @faraza said:
    Does AFS set residual and money factor rates for a quarter ?

    Usually... but, they often have "enhancements" in between...

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • glayfan40glayfan40 Posts: 33

    @robby28 said:
    FYI for the forum. I was able to secure a price $1,500 below invoice on a lease for a 2014 S4. I paid additional MSDs totaling $5600 dropping my payments by $43 per month or an additional $1500 over the life of the lease (36 months). I hinted earlier that the weather in the NE has put the dealerships well behind sales goals.

    Good luck

    Would you mind sharing which dealership did you work with to secure that deal please? Thank you!

  • robby28robby28 Posts: 15

    @glayfan40 - Would prefer not to give details but I live in Central New Jersey.

  • paulo6paulo6 Posts: 94

    New to this, but I think I just sold my 2008 535xi and been debating a 550xi, 335xi or S4. Im leaning to downsize car but not performance. Local dealer just offered me "Friends and Family" price of $300 above invoice along with $1000 Competitor acquisition thing for a total of $700 below invoice on a 2014 S4. Is that a good start? I have not negotiated on a particular model yet...this is his initial offer to me over the phone...Since Im new to Audi...how much more room do I have? or Is this pretty close to my limit?

    Much Appreciated

  • farazafaraza Posts: 30
    null
    In the process of getting my car from a mass dealership I did contact paul miller (emailed the business manager directly) their quote was actually marginally better than what I got from the Mass dealer. So you could try them.
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 124,395

    @paulo6 said:
    New to this, but I think I just sold my 2008 535xi and been debating a 550xi, 335xi or S4. Im leaning to downsize car but not performance. Local dealer just offered me "Friends and Family" price of $300 above invoice along with $1000 Competitor acquisition thing for a total of $700 below invoice on a 2014 S4. Is that a good start? I have not negotiated on a particular model yet...this is his initial offer to me over the phone...Since Im new to Audi...how much more room do I have? or Is this pretty close to my limit?

    Much Appreciated

    Below invoice on a car as rare as an S4 is quite good. Most Audi supplier discounts are only 6% off MSRP.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • sjuhawkssjuhawks Posts: 13

    Hi, was hoping you had April MF and residual numbers for a 2014 Audi S4, 36 months, 12k a year? Thank you.

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 124,395

    @sjuhawks said:
    Hi, was hoping you had April MF and residual numbers for a 2014 Audi S4, 36 months, 12k a year? Thank you.

    The April numbers have not been released yet. Sorry.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • farazafaraza Posts: 30
    Quick update for the forum picked up my special order s4 yesterday... Got 7% off MSRP (without loyalty or conquest) and bought the mf down to 0.00006 with MSDs. First impressions I absolutely love it... :smile:
  • jimshepjimshep Posts: 5

    Are the April numbers available yet? Interested in 2014 Audi S4 Premium Plus, 36mo, 10k/yr. MF, residual and any incentives?

    Also, what is the cost for a security deposit, how much does it drop the MF, and how many security deposits can be used?

    Thanks

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 124,395

    @jimshep said:
    Are the April numbers available yet? Interested in 2014 Audi S4 Premium Plus, 36mo, 10k/yr. MF, residual and any incentives?

    Also, what is the cost for a security deposit, how much does it drop the MF, and how many security deposits can be used?

    Thanks

    .00051 and 56%

    For Audi, the security deposit is the amount of the monthly payment, rounded up to the next $25 - if the payment is $559, the deposit would be $575. I don't see any information about the number of MSD's that can be used, nor their impact on the MF.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • farazafaraza Posts: 30
    Max deposits allowed is 10. You can use 9 to drop your MF by 0.00005 each. The lowest allowed MF is 0.00005 and you can't get more decimal places.. Therefore with 9 you get MF of 0.00006..
  • farazafaraza Posts: 30
    Michaell.. A colleague asked me if audi has special lease rates for rs5. If so do you know the residual and mf for 3month 12 and 15k leases?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 130,616

    @faraza said:
    Michaell.. A colleague asked me if audi has special lease rates for rs5. If so do you know the residual and mf for 3month 12 and 15k leases?

    RS5 Coupe:

    .00157 and 50% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr. Add 2% for 12K/yr.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • glayfan40glayfan40 Posts: 33

    @faraza said:
    Quick update for the forum picked up my special order s4 yesterday... Got 7% off MSRP (without loyalty or conquest) and bought the mf down to 0.00006 with MSDs. First impressions I absolutely love it... :smile:

    Did that 7% off include the $1500 incentive Audi is giving out for the MMI and Side Assist packages on the A4/5 and S4/5?

    With that low of an MF and Audi's unsubvented leases it's more cost effective to lease the car for 3 years and buy it out in the end (taking out a 3-yr loan), than buying it with a 6-yr loan (w/ 2-3% interest) from the start. And you also have the choice of giving it back to the dealer if you decided to it's not the vehicle for you to keep long term.

  • farazafaraza Posts: 30
    edited April 2014

    @glayfan40 said:

    No it does not... 0.1% APR definitely lends itself to consider what you are suggesting... the incentive you are referring to was not available when I ordered and picked up my car....

  • was curious to hear people's thoughts.
    36-month lease/15k
    2014 premium plus
    black optic package with 19" wheels
    sports diff
    MMI navigation package

    listed msrp $56,290
    cap cost $51,347

    • $1000 audi loyalty

    nothing down
    $1000 due at delivery
    payments come to 715/month

    i know the residual value will be 54% (audi care) and MF is 0.00051

    should I be working harder to get a better deal or should I be satisfied. of course the monthly payment is a higher number because nothing is being put down.

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 124,395

    @jazzman66 said:
    was curious to hear people's thoughts.
    36-month lease/15k
    2014 premium plus
    black optic package with 19" wheels
    sports diff
    MMI navigation package

    listed msrp $56,290
    cap cost $51,347

    • $1000 audi loyalty

    nothing down
    $1000 due at delivery
    payments come to 715/month

    i know the residual value will be 54% (audi care) and MF is 0.00051

    should I be working harder to get a better deal or should I be satisfied. of course the monthly payment is a higher number because nothing is being put down.

    If I plug in your numbers ($50,347 net cap cost), I get a pre-tax payment of $516.19/mo. Not sure how/why the dealer is almost $200 higher.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • dave44286dave44286 Posts: 1
    edited April 2014

    Here's what my dealer is offering. Does this look like the correct MF and calculations?

    2014 S4 Premium Plus in Ohio, 3 yr 15k/year
    MSRP is $57,945 (that includes the $1,500 preferred equipment pkg credit).
    Sale Price, $56,945
    Residual: $31,290.30
    MF: 0.00079
    Cash Down: $1,774.29
    Audicare: $860
    Conquest Rebate: $1,000
    Monthly Payment: $850.10

    Ohio sales tax in my county is 6.75%

    I know there are state taxes and fees that may vary, but are their numbers close? Is the MF too high? Are they taking the rebate out of the MSRP instead of the Sale Price?

    Thanks in advance!

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 124,395

    @dave44286 said:
    Here's what my dealer is offering. Does this look like the correct MF and calculations?

    2014 S4 Premium Plus in Ohio, 3 yr 15k/year
    MSRP is $57,945 (that includes the $1,500 preferred equipment pkg credit).
    Sale Price, $56,945
    Residual: $31,290.30
    MF: 0.00079
    Cash Down: $1,774.29
    Audicare: $860
    Conquest Rebate: $1,000
    Monthly Payment: $850.10

    I know there are state taxes and fees that may vary, but are their numbers close? Is the MF too high? Are they taking the rebate out of the MSRP instead of the Sale Price?

    Thanks in advance!

    The base MF on the S4 premium plus is .00051, so it looks like it is inflated by the dealer.

    Looks like they are applying the rebate to the MSRP; you should be able to negotiate a few pct off MSRP before the rebate is applied.

    Residual is spot on at 54%.

    Using the base MF and residual with your MSRP and selling price, I get a pre-tax payment of $757.63.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • What is the current MF and Residual for a 10k/yr lease for an S4 Premium Plus and S4 Prestige?
    Thanks

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 124,395

    @triathlete77 said:
    What is the current MF and Residual for a 10k/yr lease for an S4 Premium Plus and S4 Prestige?
    Thanks

    What lease term?

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • Sorry, forgot to mention that. 36 and 42.

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 124,395

    @triathlete77 said:
    What is the current MF and Residual for a 10k/yr lease for an S4 Premium Plus and S4 Prestige? 36 and 42 months.
    Thanks

    .00051 for 36 months, .00071 for 42 months - both models

    Premium Plus - 56% for 36 months, 52% for 42 months

    Subtract 3% for Prestige

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • deacon98deacon98 Posts: 5

    Hi - I'm looking at an S4 Premium Plus. 36 month lease @ 15k miles / year. Located in California. Terms are as follows:
    MSRP: $58,815
    Price: $55,554 (invoice + $300 after $1500 equipment pkg. credit; trying to get him to invoice price)
    Acq. Fee: $695 (looks like there is no way to avoid?) and Doc Fee $80
    MF: .00081 (looks like this is marked up and I told him I wouldn't do that)
    Residual: .53
    Initial Payment: $1,390 (unclear what is in this number, trying to clarify)
    Payment of $832.61

    Can you please confirm MF for 36mo/15k lease for S4 Premium Plus, current base MF, that the payment looks correct, and any tips you might have. I am looking at a down payment and/or MSDs.
    Thanks!

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 130,616

    @deacon98 said:
    Hi - I'm looking at an S4 Premium Plus. 36 month lease @ 15k miles / year. Located in California. Terms are as follows:
    MSRP: $58,815
    Price: $55,554 (invoice + $300 after $1500 equipment pkg. credit; trying to get him to invoice price)
    Acq. Fee: $695 (looks like there is no way to avoid?) and Doc Fee $80
    MF: .00081 (looks like this is marked up and I told him I wouldn't do that)
    Residual: .53
    Initial Payment: $1,390 (unclear what is in this number, trying to clarify)
    Payment of $832.61

    Can you please confirm MF for 36mo/15k lease for S4 Premium Plus, current base MF, that the payment looks correct, and any tips you might have. I am looking at a down payment and/or MSDs.
    Thanks!

    You are correct. The base money factor is .00051. Using the inflated money factor, I get a payment of $767/mo.+tax. If your tax rate is 8.5%, then that is right on the money. I added the acq.fee into the CAP cost to calculate the monthly payment. $1390 due at signing is most likely the 1st payment, plus title/license fees (those run about 1% of MSRP in CA, which is where I assume you are).

    Where to save?

    1) Insist on .00051 MF. That will save about $28/mo., post-tax.

    2) Buy AudiCare: That is $920, but it adds 1% to your residual. It's a net addition of $11/mo. to the monthly lease cost, but it covers scheduled maintenance, so it's a net savings.

    Audi Finance has a special deal, where if you buy Lease Excess Wear Protection, they will raise the residual another 1%. I've no idea what the price is for the LEWP, but that might be a dubious savings.

    3) MSDs: Each MSD, up to 9, lowers the MF by .00005, for a total reduction of .00045. That would lower the base money factor to .00006 That would save about $43/mo., post tax.

    We just knocked about $60/mo off your payment and included scheduled service. However, those 9 MSDs add up to $7200, in addition to your $1390, so that's a pretty good chunk of change.. Worth doing the MSDs, if you have the money sitting around earning 0.01%, though.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • deacon98deacon98 Posts: 5

    This is great feedback. Many thanks for the quick reply!

  • jonsamgjonsamg Posts: 1

    Lease question on whether it is a good deal. So, was at the dealer. They tell me they are incentivized because it is the end of the month. Offered me $633 a month including tax (I am in California so the lease would be about $575 without tax), $2,000 down and on a 36 month lease with 12 miles per year.

    Did not get into the residual and other issues. Really just focused on the payments. The car stickers for $57k.

    Thanks for any advice.

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 130,616

    @jonsamg said:
    Lease question on whether it is a good deal. So, was at the dealer. They tell me they are incentivized because it is the end of the month. Offered me $633 a month including tax (I am in California so the lease would be about $575 without tax), $2,000 down and on a 36 month lease with 12 miles per year.

    Did not get into the residual and other issues. Really just focused on the payments. The car stickers for $57k.

    Thanks for any advice.

    Sure looks like a reasonable deal..

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • gscottyggscottyg Posts: 10

    Do we know the new mf and residuals on the 14 S4 in may yet? 36 mo/12k

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 124,395

    @gscottyg said:
    Do we know the new mf and residuals on the 14 S4 in may yet? 36 mo/12k

    The May numbers for Audi haven't come in yet. Sorry.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • What is the MF and residual for an S4 in may?

  • I have heard you can start placing order for the 2015 audi s4. Do you know if the numbers (MF/residual) are available yet? Seems strange that you can order, but not know your cost.

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 124,395

    @car_curious1 said:
    I have heard you can start placing order for the 2015 audi s4. Do you know if the numbers (MF/residual) are available yet? Seems strange that you can order, but not know your cost.

    The only 2015 models I have numbers for are the A3 and the TT. If you were to order an S4 now, when would it be available at the dealer? I imagine the numbers will be available closer to delivery.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • They are stating delivery would be 90 days if you order a 2015 s4 or s5 right now. I guess you order, and hash out the numbers when it gets closer. That would just make me nervous to put money down, and then try to negotiate the deal after the fact.

    My comment above asked about the current May MF and residual on a 2014. Do you have those numbers?

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 130,616

    @car_curious1 said:
    They are stating delivery would be 90 days if you order a 2015 s4 or s5 right now. I guess you order, and hash out the numbers when it gets closer. That would just make me nervous to put money down, and then try to negotiate the deal after the fact.

    My comment above asked about the current May MF and residual on a 2014. Do you have those numbers?

    2014 S4 Premium Plus, 36mo, 15K/yr: .00051 MF and 53% residual

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • Thanks kyfdx

  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 11,077

    A reporter would like to speak to a recent car buyer/lessee who wanted multiple airbags in his/her new or used car, including knee, hip and side curtain airbags. If you recently purchased a car, and the availability of multiple airbags was an important feature to you, please send your daytime contact info to [email protected] no later than 10 a.m. PT/1 p.m. ET on Friday, May 9, 2014.

    MODERATOR

    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

    Share your vehicle reviews

  • tomemictomemic Posts: 10

    Can I please have the May rates for a 2014 s4 Prestige?

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 130,616

    @tomemic said:
    Can I please have the May rates for a 2014 s4 Prestige?

    .00051 MF and 50% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr. Premium Plus residual is 53%

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • tomemictomemic Posts: 10

    Thank you. Is the residual higher for a 12k or 10k lease on the prestige?

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 124,395

    @tomemic said:
    Thank you. Is the residual higher for a 12k or 10k lease on the prestige?

    For all Audi leases, add 2% to the 15K residual for 12K, and 3% for 10K. This is true for all trims.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • g_maleg_male Posts: 1

    Is this deal ok? Dealer is offering me 2014 S4 Premium Plus with MSRP of 58,645 and sale price of 55,093. Lease is for 10k/36mo in New York. Taxes, doc fee, etc out the door is $4339 and a payment of $680

  • Question. I have been in touch with my local Audi dealer on a 2014 Audi S4 Premium Plus Auto
    MSRP: $50,895
    The dealer says he will sell the car "at cost". The best I can gather is that number is $47,341. He quoted me a lease
    42 mo
    10k miles per year
    $5,000 total out of pocket
    $515/mo plus tax

    My questions are:
    Does this all add up?
    Is he marking up the money factor?
    Could I get a lower selling price?
    What is my best negotiating tool?

    Thank you!

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 124,395

    @emailbraddavis said:
    Question. I have been in touch with my local Audi dealer on a 2014 Audi S4 Premium Plus Auto
    MSRP: $50,895
    The dealer says he will sell the car "at cost". The best I can gather is that number is $47,341. He quoted me a lease
    42 mo
    10k miles per year
    $5,000 total out of pocket
    $515/mo plus tax

    My questions are:
    Does this all add up?
    Is he marking up the money factor?
    Could I get a lower selling price?
    What is my best negotiating tool?

    Thank you!

    I've heard of discounts as much as 6% off MSRP - for the car in question, that would be $47,841, so the offer seems good given that it's lower than what I calculate.

    It's never a good idea to put money down on a lease - if the car is stolen or totaled, you are out that money. You can, however, use the money to make MSDs to lower the money factor. The base MF for an S4 Prem+ for 42 months is .00071, and the dealer is allowed to mark that up for extra profit.

    The only two levers in negotiating a lease are the MF and the selling price. Tell your dealer you won't make a deal with an inflated MF.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • cgpubliccgpublic Posts: 4

    Question re: 2015 Audi A3 Sedan 2.0T Premium w/Cold Weather Pkg, Paint, Mats, Locks, Net. Dealer quoted $399 @36 months, 30K miles, $2539 down, including first month, $1268 sales tax (8.375%), $695 bank fee, $165 doc fees. The MSRP is $35,280, and the residual is $22,226. Is this a decent deal?

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 124,395

    @cgpublic said:
    Question re: 2015 Audi A3 Sedan 2.0T Premium w/Cold Weather Pkg, Paint, Mats, Locks, Net. Dealer quoted $399 36 months, 30K miles, $2539 down, including first month, $1268 sales tax (8.375%), $695 bank fee, $165 doc fees. The MSRP is $35,280, and the residual is $22,226. Is this a decent deal?

    A few questions to help us:

    What is the selling price?

    What state is this in?

    Is any of the $2539 down being used to reduce the cap cost?

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • cgpubliccgpublic Posts: 4

    Not sure of the selling price, NY, and the down payment does not reduce the cap cost.

  • If I put my $5000 toward MSD's as opposed to cap cost reduction, how will this effect my monthly payment?
    At the end of the lease, I plan to sell the car and collect the equity. Does paying in to MSD's have any effect on that plan? Do I have to turn the car back to Audi to receive a refund?

    Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.