Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2012 Hyundai Sonata can not get contacts to sync w/name only number

ladediladedi Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Hyundai

I have had my 2012 Sonata 2.0T for almost 2 yrs, time out issue is happening, but mymost recent problem is more serious. I just discovered, when trying to speak a persons name that it was not in contacts, only the number. On further investigation, I found that almost all of my names were not in the system. I unpaired my phone (Samsung GS4) from the vehicle's bluetooth and took it back to factory reset. I repaired the phone and when it asked for the contacts to be uploaded, I said yes. This did not work, nor did the other 4 times I tried in different locations. I then went to Sprint thinking it was an issue with my phone. They told me that was not the case.

Has anyone else had a similar issue? I did call the 800-633-5151- #5 number, and they said I need to go to the dealership, which I am hesitant to do as it is another wasted Saturday!

Someone Please Help!!

Comments

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 11,077

Ugh. I wish I knew more about Bluetooth so I could help you more, but I don't. I will tell you that some owners who had Sonatas found that they could override this problem by entering the data manually - VERY un-ideal, but it may be ore ideal than wasting a day at the dealership, who may or may not have the answer. I found some tips on manual entry on this page: http://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/12887/hyundai/sonata/sonata-bluetooth-problems/p2

There are several solutions posed here as well, for Samsung Galaxy phones: http://forums.androidcentral.com/droid-razr-maxx/166817-contacts-do-not-show-car-bluetooth-pairing-2.html
    and here's something that talks about an import/export feature, which may be different from the "upload" feature: http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s2-international/437509-contacts-wont-download-into-hyundai-sonata-radio-any-ideas.html

You know, when I got my HTC One in November, I had a few issues transferring contacts, and a few other things, due to the phone being far more advance than I am. I went to Best Buy, which isn't where I purchased (got it directly from the wireless provider), and one of the guys at the Best Buy mobile booth helped me out a TON, for free. Of course I went at an off time when they weren't very busy, but if you have a Best Buy in your area, you might find a young "tech geek" who's interested - and able - to help.

Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Share your vehicle reviews

• kenelvoxkenelvox Posts: 3

I am not sure if this is the same as your problem, but I have the 2012 2.0T and Galaxy S4. I have a lot of gmail contacts, but when the car said downloading contacts it would always stop at a low number, nowhere near the 1000 claimed.

What I found was that in gmail over time, you get a lot of contacts without any contact information or telephone numbers. If you replay to an email, that email address only is added to the contacts.

I went through my gmail address book deleted all the email addresses only. Now that my database is clean, all of my contacts download and work.

I hope this works for you.

Ken