Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you considering a vehicle subscription service or did you previously consider one and decide against it? If so, a reporter would like to talk to you. Please reach out to [email protected] by 10/30 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Soft Top Trim. Chevrolet Tracker

mysonstrackermysonstracker Posts: 2
edited August 2014 in Chevrolet

My son just purchased a 1998 Chevrolet Tracker and took a ride with the top down. Unfortunately, when he got home with it, we realized that the trim around the fenders that holds the soft top in place is broken in a great number of places. To make matters worse, my son broke the trim pieces even more in his attempt to re-place the soft top. I have gone to several junk yards trying to locate replacement pieces but they were brittle and also broke easily. Does anyone know where I can get replacement trim pieces? I also tried gmpartsonline and they do not have the trim pieces.

Also, does anyone know how to make a jumper to trick the Tracker into displaying maintenance codes? I used to do this on one of my older model cars with a paper clip but am unsure how to do it for the Tracker.

Comments

• steverstever Posts: 52,462

Might try eBay or just a search for Tracker soft top. Or Geo Tracker soft top, since I assume the parts would be interchangeable.

• Thank you Stever. I did find some trim parts on eBay, we're going to give them a shot. It's an entire set of what looks to be brand new parts.

• steverstever Posts: 52,462

Hope it works out. I remember the soft top on my Jeep being a pain, but that was back in '74-'77. It was all held on with snaps and they never all reconnected after removing it for the first time. B)

Maybe you can post some pics on Reader's Rides or a before and after shot in here.

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,490

Your 1998 Tracker is OBD-II compliant. You were thinking of OBD-I systems. You need a scanner for codes (for most OBD-II cars). It's a great tool to have and many simple ones are quite inexpensive. Places like OReilly have a display board with various scanners that tell you the price as well as what the scanner you pick can and cannot do.

• Ok I just bought my first tracker 1998, it has been sitting in a graduate for years... Of course the first thing I did was to take down the top, well while doing so I found that the two brackets that hold the rear window piece to the door were broken any idea what those pieces are called... And/or a diagram spelling them out ... If it rains it will come in and I can smell exhaust coming in the back also.... Thanks
  • 93tracker5spd93tracker5spd North East Ohio USAPosts: 194
    Hello! Found this web address and remembered reading your post:

http://www.autoaccessoriesgarage.com/Jeep-Exterior-Accessories/Soft-Tops-Skins-Hardware/_Geo-Tracker

Good luck.