Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 QX56 or 2014 QX80 Lease or Purchase

zippinbyuzippinbyu Member Posts: 11
edited May 2014 in INFINITI

Hello Sir or Madam,

Please help. We are trying to decide on if we should do a 1 pay lease on a 2014 QX80 or purchase a used 2013QX56.

We found a dealer who is offering the following on a 2014 QX80 lease.

10,000 miles per year
Technology package
Deluxe Touring Package
22 inch Wheel
Stainless Steel front
Door Sills
Trunk Mat
White Exterior/Black Interior

$80600 MSRP
5.9%
$700 Lease fee/
36 months
No Sales Tax because we are in Montana

What is the best price we should pay on a 1 pay lease? Shouldn't the APR get reduced and the security deposit waived. Please help us.

Thanks you for your help, and consideration.

Rip

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,343

It's not really clear what the lease offer is on the 2014 QX80. But, the lease program on this model is really not very good. On a 36 month, 15K/yr lease, the money factor is .00176 and the residual is 55%. Even with a discount on the money factor for prepaying, it is still going to be expensive.

If you could get a great deal on a 2013 QX56, it will probably be cheaper in the long run, especially if you keep it for more than three years.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Thank you for your thoughtful response. Wow... I could live with a .00176 money factor. That is a 4.22% interest rate and 15,000 miles a year. How do I get the rate and term you are talking about? I need your help.

The offer from the dealer is a interest rate of 5.9% with 10,000 miles per year 36 months.

My wife looked tonight at 2013 QX56 on line tonight and said it would be cheaper for her to pay the one pay on the 2014 and walk away from the deprecation in 3 years. We had a 2006 QX56 and hammered on the trade in value in 2010. We were $7000 upside down when we traded it on the M56.

Please help us to find out how to get the 15,000 miles and .00176 money factor you replied about.

Thank you

Rip
  • Options

@zippinbyu said:
    Thank you for your thoughtful response. Wow... I could live with a .00176 money factor. That is a 4.22% interest rate and 15,000 miles a year. How do I get the rate and term you are talking about? I need your help.

The offer from the dealer is a interest rate of 5.9% with 10,000 miles per year 36 months.

My wife looked tonight at 2013 QX56 on line tonight and said it would be cheaper for her to pay the one pay on the 2014 and walk away from the deprecation in 3 years. We had a 2006 QX56 and hammered on the trade in value in 2010. We were $7000 upside down when we traded it on the M56.

Please help us to find out how to get the 15,000 miles and .00176 money factor you replied about.

Thank you

Rip

Just go to the dealer and tell him you want a lease with those terms. It bothers me that your dealer is quoting an APR, when IFS uses money factors. It makes me think they are hiding something. Dealers will often attempt to mark-up the money factor for additional profit.

Rather than do a One-Pay lease, I'd use the Multiple Security Deposit plan. Make 9 security deposits, and it lowers your money factor by .0001 for each deposit, for a total reduction of .0009, which would drop your money factor to .00086. At the payment level of this vehicle, that would save over $100/mo.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Hello Sir,

Thank you for your help, and support. Here is the situation. The dealer said that the car is a 83214 model and it has all options including 4 wheel drive. Therefore the best money factor would be .00209, 56% residual, 12,000 miles
    36 months.

What are your thoughts?

They said the MSD has not gone well for customers because the inspectors have not done right by the customer and kept most of the security deposits.

Please help

Thank you

Rip
  • Options
    edited May 2014

@zippinbyu said:
    Hello Sir,

Thank you for your help, and support. Here is the situation. The dealer said that the car is a 83214 model and it has all options including 4 wheel drive. Therefore the best money factor would be .00209, 56% residual, 12,000 miles
    36 months.

What are your thoughts?

They said the MSD has not gone well for customers because the inspectors have not done right by the customer and kept most of the security deposits.

Please help

Thank you

Rip

1) The base money factor for that model for 36 months is .00159. The only difference is the dealer marking up your money factor for extra profit. The 56% residual is correct. (and, yes.. the model is 83214).

2) I would guess that the inspectors have no idea of the amount of your security deposit. The charges are the charges, and even if you have ZERO security deposit, if the lease end charges are $1000, you'll have to come up with $1000. What's more likely, is that using multiple security deposits and lowering the money factor, might cut into the finance allowance that IFS pays the dealership on your lease. (I have $4050 on deposit with IFS, right now... I'll tell you in October how it goes...)

It's okay to charge what the market will bear, but it's sort of slimy to insinuate or outright lie about the facts... Do you have any other area Infiniti dealers?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Sir or Madam,
    Thank you for your thoughtful response. I spoke with this dealer again last night. Their final offer was 4.01% 12000 mikes and 56% residual. The reason they gave for this being their final offer is having to trade a dealer several an state for the vehicle. They have to transfer a 2014 QX60 to them. I think based on the way this is going I should just walk away. The car is important but the frustration with the only dealer within 75 miles is too much.

Can you help me understand the best price and 36 month lease 20,000 miles per year on a 2014 Honda Accord Sport Automatic?

Thank you.

Rip
  • Options
    mdkrpmdkrp Member Posts: 24

Hello kyfdx,
    you have helped me out in the past- hopefully again now:
    can you tell me the MF and Residual for 2014 QX 80 2WD for 36 and 39 months with 12k and 15k miles?
    Also are you aware of any manufacturer to dealer or consumer incentives on this model?
    many thanks

• Options

@mdkrp said:
    Hello kyfdx,
    you have helped me out in the past- hopefully again now:
    can you tell me the MF and Residual for 2014 QX 80 2WD for 36 and 39 months with 12k and 15k miles?
    Also are you aware of any manufacturer to dealer or consumer incentives on this model?
    many thanks

.00176 MF. 55% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr.

Add 2% for 12K/yr. Subtract 1% for 39 months.

I don't keep track of the incentives.. you can use the Car Research tab, above.. to see if Edmunds has information on your model.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

kyfdx- thank you very much!

• Options

kyfdx- does the residual change for the all wheel drive vs the 2 WD?

• if so, what does it change by?
    • many thanks
  • Options

@mdkrp said:
    kyfdx- does the residual change for the all wheel drive vs the 2 WD?

• if so, what does it change by?
    • many thanks

AWD residual is 1% lower.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

thank you

• Options
    nybw51mr42nybw51mr42 Member Posts: 3

Hey Kyfdx, do you happen to have the numbers for the June rates? I'm looking at a QX80 for 36 or 39 months, lowest miles possible. Trying to find out the money factor and residual rates. Thanks in advance for all your help.

• Options

@nybw51mr42 said:
    Hey Kyfdx, do you happen to have the numbers for the June rates? I'm looking at a QX80 for 36 or 39 months, lowest miles possible. Trying to find out the money factor and residual rates. Thanks in advance for all your help.

AWD: .00157 MF and 56% for 39mo, 10K/yr.

RWD: .00174 MF and 57% for 39mo, 10K/yr.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    nybw51mr42nybw51mr42 Member Posts: 3

Awesome, thank you so much!

• Options
    kshankarkshankar Member Posts: 175

Hello,
    I am interested in money factor and residual value for a 2wd QX80 for 12K a year, 39 months with theater package and also one with deluxe touring package.
    thanks
    KRIS

• Options

@kshankar said:
    Hello,
    I am interested in money factor and residual value for a 2wd QX80 for 12K a year, 39 months with theater package and also one with deluxe touring package.
    thanks
    KRIS

.00170 MF and 54% residual for all RWD trims/options.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

Thanks! Appreciate it!

• Options

Hello again,
    Has the money factor and residual changed for QX80 RWD for 10K/39 months?
    How about 15K/36 months?
    thanks
    Kris

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,336

@kshankar said:
    Hello again,
    Has the money factor and residual changed for QX80 RWD for 10K/39 months?
    How about 15K/36 months?
    thanks
    Kris

36/15 - 53%

39/10 - 55%

MF is .00170 for both.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    Hi,
    Would u know if residuals are the same for qx80 rwd for 10k/39 months as well as MF for 2014.
    Thx
    Kris
  • Options
    kshankar said:

Hi,
    Would u know if residuals are the same for qx80 rwd for 10k/39 months as well as MF for 2014.
    Thx
    Kris

2014: .00137 MF and 53% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Thanks! So it looks like residual and MF went down.
    I know several dealers by me have more than 100 QX80s combined sitting on the lots.
  • Options
    kshankar said:

Thanks! So it looks like residual and MF went down.
    I know several dealers by me have more than 100 QX80s combined sitting on the lots.

Who knows? Gas prices are going down!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    910palm910palm Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for all of your great insight and information.
    I just got a quote for a 2014 QX80 AWD with Theater and Wheels: MSRP $72,345. 39mos lesae with 12K/year. $7K drive offs and an additional $3K security deposit (Idea from this forum)
    They are saying with a money factor of 0.00061 and residual of only 50%.Is this correct, the residual is 50% now?
    (Without the additional sec deposit, they are quoting a money factor of .00101)

Thank you for your help.
  • Options
    910palm said:

Thanks for all of your great insight and information.
    I just got a quote for a 2014 QX80 AWD with Theater and Wheels: MSRP $72,345. 39mos lesae with 12K/year. $7K drive offs and an additional $3K security deposit (Idea from this forum)
    They are saying with a money factor of 0.00061 and residual of only 50%.Is this correct, the residual is 50% now?
    (Without the additional sec deposit, they are quoting a money factor of .00101)

Thank you for your help.

I onfirm both he 50% residual and .00101 MF.

What is the breakdown of the $7K in drive offs? What state is this?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    910palm910palm Member Posts: 2
    I don't know what the break down of the $7K is, but they say this includes all license, taxes and fees.
    I'm in CA
    With the additional sec dep, payment is $703 plus tax = $767

Thanks again
  • Options
    910palm said:

I don't know what the break down of the $7K is, but they say this includes all license, taxes and fees.
    I'm in CA
    With the additional sec dep, payment is $703 plus tax = $767

Thanks again

There aren't any up front taxes in CA - the lease payment is taxed monthly. Doc fee is capped at $80 in CA, too.

I think they need to be more forthcoming with you - or you need to find a different Infiniti dealer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator