Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• Options
    ventureventure Member Posts: 2,912
    pensfan83 said:

I wonder when that changed. I've only ever sat in the expensive seats a few times with the most recent coming last year and it was still the Lexus Club.

Enjoy yourself though!

Last year it was the Lexus Club, yes. I went on the Pirates web site to nose around and the pictures of the Hyundai Club show what was the Lexus Club before.

Money talks.

2020 Ascent Limited, 2024 Subaru Legacy Sport

• Options
    ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,135
    You'd think they would have called it the Genesis Club at least.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• Options
    snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,342
    Congratulations to the Nationals on their first ever league championship.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

• Options

Congratulations to the Nationals on their first ever league championship.

As a longtime Expos fan from day one, it is somewhat bittersweet but I add my congratulations on what was a remarkable effort.

• Options
    abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258
    houdini2 said:

ab348 said:

You're on a roll!! I might suggest not using anything with an open flame the rest of the day... :laughing:

Just hold on until tomorrow. You won't even remember what happened today.
    Why? Did something happen today? I don't remember!🤪😜

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,626
    venture said:

driver100 said:

stickguy said:

sharp looking car. Love the seats. When we sat in the Outback a few weeks ago it was a limited and had them. Very comfy.

The Ascent seats look really nice....nice instrument panel. Seems to me we looked at Foresters when we bought the 2013 Passat and they were pretty minimal....drab inside.
    When are you going to replace the dealer's paper floor mats? Do you or anyone bother with Weather Tech or anything like that?
    I just use what comes with the car....sometimes rubber, sometimes carpet. I kind of prefer rubber, don't have to worry about it.
    Actually there are all-weathger mats under the paper ones. I asked my wife if I could take out the paper ones before the trip and I just got glared at. The carpeted ones are in the garage on a shelf.
    When I sold Mrs. j's 2012 Legacy to Carvana, when I opened the trunk for the guy to check to see if the donut spare and jack was in the car, he saw the carpeted mats still in the original bag in the trunk. He asked what they were and I said, "those are the carpeted mats, I just never took out the rubber mats". He responded with, "you gotta be kidding".

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • Options
    venture said:

@jmonroe1 and you other Burghers

I got my invitation to the Pirates annual dinner for their sponsors and charity beneficiaries. It's a really nice event at PNC Park.

The players were not there last year, but in previous years they were. Two years ago Josh Bell, Tyler Glasnow, and Mitch Williams sat at our table.

It was always in the Lexus Club. Now it's in the Hyundai Club. :open_mouth:

WOW, I guess there is still some hope for those with a wannabe. Have a good time at the event this year.

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • Options
    oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,737
    This seems too good to be true. Even with a crazy $600 doc fee.

https://www.abwautos.com/2013-Ford-Fusion-SE-Naugatuck-Connecticut-06770/6674743

I’ve got a picture but....well you know.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,380
    @oldfarmer50,
    I'n guessing that car has a less than perfect history.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    edited October 2019

@oldfarmer50,
    I'n guessing that car has a less than perfect history.

Me too. Are you familiar with this outfit? Looks like a nationwide company although I’ve never heard of them.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,658
    they do seem to have good prices. I remember looking at them before.

This one is pretty.

https://www.abwautos.com/2010-Volvo-XC60-3-0T-Naugatuck-Connecticut-06770/6691944

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,981

https://www.abwautos.com/2013-Ford-Fusion-SE-Naugatuck-Connecticut-06770/6674743

3 owners, an accident, and a title issue

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,981
    BTW, that’s the place that would not answer my emails nor their phone.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,975
    Been paying $2.17 for regular for about a month down here in Coral Springs, cheapest place in the city. Just hope it stays low for awhile.

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Options
    Drove a 2019 Ford Escape SEL yesterday and was very surprised at how smoothly it drove. Shifts were seamless while going up the power band and it was a fun 25 minute jaunt from Miami airport to our home base. Was a dark red color which looked good on it. Saw a pic of the 2020 Escape and it looks much better to be honest. Back in 2013, it was the first CUV I drove and brought home with the sales guy to see if it would pass the garage test. It was real tight even though the sales guy said no problem. The width was o k but the length was a bit too long, so I took it off the short list. Remember it was an SEL model with 8K on the odometer. The first owner turned it back in for a Titanium model within a month as he waned the top of the line model or so the sales guy said. But, in reality, don't really need such a vehicle unless we both decide that we're going to start taking some longer road trips around the U S. Seems that it would be the perfect size for traveling as it has plenty of room for luggage and room if we pick up some stuff.
    Even think a smaller hatch like my Golf could work but think the extra room wold be nice. And like I said earlier, the Escape drove very smoothly which would be a top priority if we really do follow through with this on our bucket list. Since the other half hates to fly, road tripping seems to be the perfect solution as we discussed last night. At that point, we'd already have downsized our living arrangements and have our oldest get our mail and pay the bills. Many of them one can pay in advance and have a credit balance which would be easier. Figure we'd start by taking a month away and see how that works. Then we could tweak it depending on what obligations we had at the time. But there's really so much of this great country we have never seen so why not start sooner than later!

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Options
    imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,170
    abacomike said:

houdini2 said:

ab348 said:

You're on a roll!! I might suggest not using anything with an open flame the rest of the day... :laughing:

Dementia?
    I'm a little concerned. We've had our DIL and son's Wheaten Terrier for almost 2 weeks. I find I'm talking to her... as if she is human. I even give answers sometimes. Is this a sign of impending dementia? B)

She is the type which wants to stay within a couple feet of her human. If I leave to run errands or go to car show, she sits on the rug inside the garage door waiting for me to return.

I haven't been around dogs since my youth on the farm. But I think I'm going to miss her when she goes back home after the "kids" are back from NZ. I won't miss the 6:15 wake up whining call to open her kennel and take her outdoors for a potty visit.

The back windows of my Cobalt look like they're frosted from her nose on the glass for 2 weeks. I'll have to clean them.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• Options
    28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,407
    I work from home full-time and you better bet I talk to the dog. Frequently she decides she has no interest in talking to me and walks away.

She spends most of the day under my office chair, but if I'm on the phone a lot she walks out and sleeps in the living room because, apparently, I make too much noise for her.
    2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
  • Options
    bwiabwia Member Posts: 2,913
    Yesterday, I saw a Datsun 280ZX and a Pontiac G6. Both vehicles were completely off my radar screen, so it was a surprise to see them on the road. The white Datsun was in average condition but the silver Pontiac G6 looked factory new.

Speaking of factory new, late yesterday afternoon I ventured into a Lincoln dealership. Although the reason for my visit was to take a quick peek at the new Corsair, I could not help but notice two gorgeous sedans, the Lincoln Continental and the Lincoln MKZ sitting at the front of the show room. Such expressions of beauty dampened my enthusiasm for the Corsair.

Anyways, the Corsair is nice, and it looks better in pictures than in person. First off, it looks more like a station wagon than a traditional SUV. It's very low off the ground and it felt no different than a traditional sedan in that sense. The interior is luxurious in all respects with plenty of head and shoulder room for 4 adults. The back-seat cushions are short but the reclining feature more than compensates for that. Unfortunately, we did not get an opportunity to do a test drive as the big storm was just starting. Nice vehicle but it's hard to justify the high MSRP.
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 242,147

I work from home full-time and you better bet I talk to the dog. Frequently she decides she has no interest in talking to me and walks away.

She spends most of the day under my office chair, but if I'm on the phone a lot she walks out and sleeps in the living room because, apparently, I make too much noise for her.

I've been working from home for over 10 years, and my two doxies have lived their entire lives with that arrangement.

They'll sleep in different places around the house, but mostly they're either with me in the office or on a bed by the front door.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    When you live alone, it's hard not to talk to your pets like they are people. It's only if they answer you that you need to pause and think for a moment. :smile:

• Options
    I’m WFH also. I talk to the dog all the time. He’s my shadow.

• Options
    pensfan83pensfan83 Member Posts: 2,574
    I'm at home two days/week at minimum and our dog rotates between the futon in the office, the doorway with head positioned so he can see me, or if I'm too noisy on his pillow in the family room.
    1997 Honda Prelude Base - 2022 Acura MDX Type S Advance - 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road - 2006 BMW 330Ci ZHP
  • Options
    laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,755
    Re: Dogs. I believe that you are all working in their homes... Lucky y'all!

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• Options
    No animals here as the wife is scared of even the smallest ones. I miss having a dog and the kids never had any cats or dogs. Our oldest just got a kitten, a hairless one since I'm highly allergic, but the wife's still too scared to have her come here. So I'll have to go to their house to visit with my grandkitty. Loved the couple of dogs we had when I was a kid, only had a cat for about a week but it was given away for some reason. Personally, think all kids should have an animal as it does teach responsibility in a big [non-permissible content removed] way. My oldest now has found out that her, their, lives have changed and their kitten has got to come first. A rude awakening but she's found that she really loves her kitty and I can see her change whenever she talks about her. Luckily her significant other works from home as she says kitty is always where they are, a very social cat. Being a dog person, always thought cats could take or leave humans unlike dogs who are man's best friend.

• Options
    @bwia,
    As an MKZ owner for 5 days, I'm glad you liked it. :)
  • Options
    suydamsuydam Member Posts: 4,676

I find that my dog is an excellent listener.
    '14 Buick Encore Convenience
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
  • Options
    tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,962
    Anytime I WFH (couple days a month) my dog lays on the bow window facing the dining room table where I work.

I so wish that I could do it more often, but since the majority of my team is remote I need to be in the office most days.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• Options
    I tried starting my snow blower a few weeks ago, but the electric starter didn't work. I stopped at the local hardware store and had them pick it up to see if they could fix it.

They dropped it off today and the electric start now works. I looked at the bill and it said they replaced a float, cleaned the carburator, and did an oil change. Everything I didn't ask for and no mention of the starter.

That's a sleeping dog I think I'm going to just let lie there. :smile:

• Options
    driver100driver100 Member Posts: 32,003

That does sound like a great buy. The others along the side of the page sound pretty good too, higher price but newer and fewer miles.

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

• Options
    driver100 said:

That does sound like a great buy. The others along the side of the page sound pretty good too, higher price but newer and fewer miles.
    Oh no...I did quote instead of edit! What I was going to add was........
    When did they add doc fees to used cars?
    There couldn't possibly be $600 worth of work to transfer ownership.
    Next they will want to add $250 transportation fee, to get car from the garage onto the used car lot. :@

• Options
    @venture,
    When you say the electric start don't work, what does that mean?
    It was dead or would turn the engine, but snowblower wouldn't start?
    Good news that it's working though. :)
  • Options

@venture,

It made a noise, but wouldn't turn over the engine.

• Options
    venture said:

@venture,

Shoulda just used the rope. :o

jmonroe
  • Options
    bwiabwia Member Posts: 2,913
    edited October 2019
    How would you like your Volvo XC40: ICE or BEV?

Did you say BEV? No problem but you will have to wait just a little bit longer.
    Yesterday, Volvo introduced its all-electric XC40, dubbed the XC40 Recharge. It comes with a 78-kWh lithium-ion battery, two motors combined to produce 408 hp and 487 lb-ft of torque, and a range of 250 miles on a full charge. Using a level 3 charger it takes about 40 minutes for an 80% charge.
    https://www.motor1.com/photo/4433950/volvo-xc40-recharge-live-photos/
  • Options
    edited October 2019

abacomike said:

houdini2 said:

ab348 said:

Dementia?
    I'm a little concerned. We've had our DIL and son's Wheaten Terrier for almost 2 weeks. I find I'm talking to her... as if she is human. I even give answers sometimes. Is this a sign of impending dementia? B)

She is the type which wants to stay within a couple feet of her human. If I leave to run errands or go to car show, she sits on the rug inside the garage door waiting for me to return.

I haven't been around dogs since my youth on the farm. But I think I'm going to miss her when she goes back home after the "kids" are back from NZ. I won't miss the 6:15 wake up whining call to open her kennel and take her outdoors for a potty visit.

The back windows of my Cobalt look like they're frosted from her nose on the glass for 2 weeks. I'll have to clean them.
    This love ❤️ affair you seem to have developed with your son and DIL's dog is evidence that you "crave" a respite from married life or from society and enjoy talking to, and even answering this dog frequently - because it is great to have someone or something to talk to and respond to that does not respond by talking back or arguing with you. Yes, definitely a sign of someone who needs some peace and quiet - or at least an outlet from the trials and tribulations of married life or office jabbering. 🤪😜

Enjoy this while you can, Imid! 😜🤪

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    venture said:

I tried starting my snow blower a few weeks ago, but the electric starter didn't work. I stopped at the local hardware store and had them pick it up to see if they could fix it.

They dropped it off today and the electric start now works. I looked at the bill and it said they replaced a float, cleaned the carburator, and did an oil change. Everything I didn't ask for and no mention of the starter.

What's a snowblower? 😜🤪😝😜🤪

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    jmonroe1 said:

venture said:

@venture,

Shoulda just used the rope. :o

jmonroe
    I probably should have.

• Options
    qbrozen said:

3 owners, an accident, and a title issue
    There you go. No free lunch.

I also googled them and came up with lots of complaints about deal packing and other underhanded practices. Guess they got sued back in 2017 for refusing to refund a deposit after they changed an agreed upon deal and the buyer backed out.

• Options
    edited October 2019

abacomike said:

houdini2 said:

ab348 said:

Dementia?

Not a sign of dementia but rather a sign of bonding.

I bet she whines when she has to go back home.

• Options
    @oldfarmer50,
    Naugatuck is next to Waterbury a very corrupt place.
    When I was shopping for my Lincoln, I went to a dealership in Watertown, but they had too much Waterbury in them.
  • Options
    driver100 said:

driver100 said:

Next they will want to add $250 transportation fee, to get car from the garage onto the used car lot. :@

There’s probably no more work on a used car than a new car so the bulk of any doc fee is just dealer profit. Silly really since I would just factor a NY $75 doc fee or a $600 CT fee into the total price and deduct accordingly.

• Options
    bwia said:

How would you like your Volvo XC40: ICE or BEV?

Did you say BEV? No problem but you will have to wait just a little bit longer.
    Yesterday, Volvo introduced its all-electric XC40, dubbed the XC40 Recharge. It comes with a 78-kWh lithium-ion battery, two motors combined to produce 408 hp and 487 lb-ft of torque, and a range of 250 miles on a full charge. Using a level 3 charger it takes about 40 minutes for an 80% charge.
    https://www.motor1.com/photo/4433950/volvo-xc40-recharge-live-photos/

I like those torque figures. I bet that XC40 can move.

I’ve been seeing a lot of Ford Fusion Hybrids for sale on line lately at a price comparable to the gasoline versions. Mainly 2011 vintage.

Considering that they originally sold at a premium price relative to their gas counterparts, should these be considered a bargain now? Or do they have some defects as they age that makes them less desirable?

• Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,403
    I’ve been in Greenville for the 50th Anniversary of the BMW CCA. Today my son and I went to the half day school at the BMW Performance Center. I got in five hot laps in an M4 Competition- my passenger(not my son) had a bad case of motion sickness by lap five. I won the “Rat Race”- where two M850i coupes chase each other around a wet oval skidpad. Got to see a lot of old friends. Bought some books from two friends who have written some great BMW books and will tour the plant tomorrow. Over 1,300 members are here. Fun.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport-2020 C43-2021 Sahara 4xe-1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica
    Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i
    Son's: 2018 330i xDrive

• Options
    abacomike said:

venture said:

What's a snowblower? 😜🤪😝😜🤪
    There is a joke there but maybe I shouldn't touch it.

• Options

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

There’s probably no more work on a used car than a new car so the bulk of any doc fee is just dealer profit. Silly really since I would just factor a NY $75 doc fee or a $600 CT fee into the total price and deduct accordingly.
    Depending on the volume of business the cost associated with handling documentation would run between 30 and 70 yankee greenbacks. Anything else is pure profit.

• Options
    sdasda Member Posts: 6,999

I’ve been in Greenville for the 50th Anniversary of the BMW CCA. Today my son and I went to the half day school at the BMW Performance Center. I got in five hot laps in an M4 Competition- my passenger(not my son) had a bad case of motion sickness by lap five. I won the “Rat Race”- where two M850i coupes chase each other around a wet oval skidpad. Got to see a lot of old friends. Bought some books from two friends who have written some great BMW books and will tour the plant tomorrow. Over 1,300 members are here. Fun.

That’s great. I’ve taken a tour of the BMW museum/plant several times and enjoyed it thoroughly. It is on the exit from I-85 that I use to go to my in-laws who live nearby in Simpsonville. Are you and your son going to the Auto Fair at the speedway this weekend? If you go, try not to go Sunday as many participants have already gone home.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,403
    sda said:

That’s great. I’ve taken a tour of the BMW museum/plant several times and enjoyed it thoroughly. It is on the exit from I-85 that I use to go to my in-laws who live nearby in Simpsonville. Are you and your son going to the Auto Fair at the speedway this weekend? If you go, try not to go Sunday as many participants have already gone home.
    Thanks, we’d like to go but my son is headed to SC for the Florida game and we are headed home Sunday.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport-2020 C43-2021 Sahara 4xe-1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica
    Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i
    Son's: 2018 330i xDrive

• Options
    abacomike said:

abacomike said:

houdini2 said:

ab348 said:

Dementia?

This love ❤️ affair you seem to have developed with your son and DIL's dog is evidence that you "crave" a respite from married life or from society and enjoy talking to, and even answering this dog frequently - 🤪😜

Enjoy this while you can, Imid! 😜🤪
    Well, dog is man's best friend and those are some reasons....they try to please, they love you no matter what, they do as they are told - usually, they listen without complaining.

Also, On average, people's risk of death in a multi-person household was reduced by 11 percent, with their risk of dying from a cardiovascular disease decreased by 15 percent. The health benefit was even more pronounced in single-person households and the results showed that single dog owners had a 33 percent reduction in risk of death and 11 percent reduction in risk of myocardial infarction during follow-up compared to single non-owners."
    IFL SCIENCE

• Options

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

Depending on the volume of business the cost associated with handling documentation would run between 30 and 70 yankee greenbacks. Anything else is pure profit.
    Just wondering...probably more for paperwork on a new car...but, don't you just transfer the ownership on a used car?

• Options
    in the states buying a used car at a dealer is just like buying a new one, in terms of doing DMV paperwork to get it registered and tagged.