Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• Options
    omarmanomarman Member Posts: 2,702
    "Even though it wasn't entirely clear what they could build on the site, the couple bought the 25-by-28-foot lot with a ramshackle garage for $50,000."

I think the manhole is still there but harder to spot in the updated pic.
    A time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing.
  • Options
    ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,096
    Man, it wouldn't take much for a vehicle out of control to rupture their gas service. I'd have wanted some much more hefty bollards there.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• Options
    driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,977
    Thanks omarman for that enhanced picture. I thought the house was built over that alley way, but the alley way is still there.
    I like what they have done to that tiny space....not ideal, but pretty nice considering what they had to work with.
    And yeh, surprised they would leave gas fittings exposed like that.

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

• Options
    suydamsuydam Member Posts: 4,676
    In Toronto space is precious.
    '14 Buick Encore Convenience
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
  • Options
    snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,330

Forgot to mention Volvo at the car show. They had the 60 and 90s series there. In sedan and wagon/CUV format.

Again, nice cars. Nice interiors. Good materials.

Sadly, no new ‘vette (Chevy couldn’t do without one small space to put one where yet another pickup sat?).

Honda...surprisingly busy. Pilot, Odyssey, Civic Type R, Accord....all getting crowds.

Looks like my Chicago trip this week will probably be a day trip for work. Not sure I can carve out any time to visit their car show. Sad!

I'm sure you will find time to stop by and say hi.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

• Options
    nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,438
    omarman said:

"Even though it wasn't entirely clear what they could build on the site, the couple bought the 25-by-28-foot lot with a ramshackle garage for $50,000."

I think the manhole is still there but harder to spot in the updated pic.

It’s not a manhole. It is a non binary person hole;)

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options
    edited February 2020
    nyccarguy said:

It’s not a manhole. It is a non binary person hole;)

You must have watched the Oscars last night. That production was so woke I don't think those responsible will ever be able to sleep. :laughing:

• Options
    imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,155
    edited February 2020
    They had a ceremony to pat themselves on the back again? LOL

I heard this morning that "The Factory" about rebuilding the Moraine GM plant, that used to make S10 pickups and then SUVs, into a glass manufacturing plant named Fuyao (and some other areas for other businesses) won. The couple making it are from Yellow Springs village east of our area.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• Options
    American Factory. I have a friend in Springfield who knows the filmmakers.
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
  • Options
    Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,971
    Sorry to hear that Stick. Same thing happened in 2018. Got a call Memorial Day night that they were done, next day, she's back and by the weekend, all her stuff! Filled up our living room and dining room but she let him use their mattress till he moved home. She even went ahead and bought him out of the St. Cloud house and closed on it and moved in by herself. He thought the grass would be greener but...turns out it wasn't! Four months later, they reconciled and he was back. Now, their talking about marriage and even set a date. But, I'm not holding my breath to be honest. Just going with the flow here.
    So, don't be surprised if, they somehow patch things up and she goes back. Not saying it's gonna happen but, just be ready if it does. All we can do as dad's is be there when needed and be the voice of reason. I just hope it all works out for her positively. But, in life, some things are just not meant to be and better to find out now, then much later!

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Options
    OF, finally signed up for the 401K earlier. Since I've already dealing with Fidelity, was a cinch to set things up. Just another reason why I'm so glad I moved over to Enterprise. This perk plus profit sharing after a year are a nice little extra for us employees to get. Personally, I was in dire need of a change, I just didn't know it! But so far, after being there 8 weeks now, am just as happy as I was on day 1. The closer to home part is making all the difference honestly, saving that lost 65 minutes every day I went down there is wonderful. Getting the chance to work on Sundays and getting some extra hours is nice also. Working with mostly folks my age who all speak English is just the icing on the cake.
    Guess I was just in robot mode these past many years and was just going through the motions. Now, no more talk about when I'll stop working as I just don't know! Just not sure when I'm going to want to stop and as long as we're still living down here, might as well continue and bring in the extra income while I'm still physically able. Besides, I still like it!

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Options
    oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,676
    edited February 2020
    stickguy said:

oh, forgot to mention, my son that lives in Albany is starting to shop now for a house to get out of the place he has been renting for the last few years. He is looking for the opposite. Wants something already all remodeled. does not have much interesting in building sweat equity. But will see what he ends up with.

Does he want to stay in the city of Albany (high property taxes) or go to the surrounding suburbs?

If he wants the suburbs I know of a cute little house with a tree on the roof.

Here’s one he could get cheap. Might be more of a fixer upper than he wants.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/22-Sherwood-Dr-Latham-NY-12110/29690844_zpid/

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    stickguy said:

I think OF should do this with his Mustang. Already got the red base!

Yeah, those colors would go well with my new racing cap.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options

OF, finally signed up for the 401K earlier. Since I've already dealing with Fidelity, was a cinch to set things up. Just another reason why I'm so glad I moved over to Enterprise. This perk plus profit sharing after a year are a nice little extra for us employees to get. Personally, I was in dire need of a change, I just didn't know it! But so far, after being there 8 weeks now, am just as happy as I was on day 1. The closer to home part is making all the difference honestly, saving that lost 65 minutes every day I went down there is wonderful. Getting the chance to work on Sundays and getting some extra hours is nice also. Working with mostly folks my age who all speak English is just the icing on the cake.
    Guess I was just in robot mode these past many years and was just going through the motions. Now, no more talk about when I'll stop working as I just don't know! Just not sure when I'm going to want to stop and as long as we're still living down here, might as well continue and bring in the extra income while I'm still physically able. Besides, I still like it!

Glad you’re enjoying yourself. Say, did you hear that your competitors at Budget near you were caught renting a car to foreign tourists with stolen license plates? Poor visitors ended up in handcuffs before it was straightened out.

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/2018/07/31/car-rented-at-orlando-international-airport-had-stolen-plates-police-say/

• Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,558

stickguy said:

oh, forgot to mention, my son that lives in Albany is starting to shop now for a house to get out of the place he has been renting for the last few years. He is looking for the opposite. Wants something already all remodeled. does not have much interesting in building sweat equity. But will see what he ends up with.

Does he want to stay in the city of Albany (high property taxes) or go to the surrounding suburbs?

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/22-Sherwood-Dr-Latham-NY-12110/29690844_zpid/
    considering he has barely any tools, no experience using them, and wants turn key ready, I am thinking that one is just a touch more work. Given the looks of the neighborhood, and the size, not sure you are ever coming out ahead unless you can pretty much do all your own work.

funny thing with taxes, some of the city listings are actually lower than in the burbs. Though gotta be careful they aren't listing some special senior citizens discount.

location, that would work for him in terms of commuting. I think from the listings he has been sending, up around Rotterdam/Niskayuna interests him based on where friends have moved to, his activities are, etc.

he also needs a garage. I tell him every time he finds a house without one, he will regret it.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,175
    So that Toronto lot is ~500 sq ft. I wonder what year it sold, I suspect it was more than 10 years ago, even at that price, in such an inflated market and being the NYC of Canada, that seems cheap. Even better played than the luckier generations here who bought houses for 100K in 1985 and are now often sitting on 7 figures. Would also be interesting to see what they had to do/who they had to bribe to get the zoning/permits/utilities installed. And the exterior utilities for that box do have a very third world look, the building itself looks a little dirty and neglected.
  • Options
    speaking of up there, now that the princess is free, she is considering looking up there in the summer when her program ends. The family up in the country are pushing for her to come join them! Could work out well, if her brother buys a house, they can split the cost, and she can use all her decorating skills!

oh, speaking of the North country, son went out to the country palace Friday night, and they had the snow pass through. so he only got a little way into the driveway since he was house sitting, and BIL was not there to fire up the tractor with a snow blower. Problem is, they are on the side of a mountain, and he was not blocked by the house, so the snow blew across and encapsulated the Genesis. Top, and underneath up to the floorboards. so next day he should out around it but could not get underneath, so no traction due to being high centered. Had to wait until they got home Sunday and found more tools. Was going to pull it out with the John Deere, but the tow hook was not in the car. So did it old school. cardboard and a flat shovel, laying on his belly!

if that does not teach you to hold out for a garage, nothing will.

• Options
    fintail said:

So that Toronto lot is ~500 sq ft. I wonder what year it sold, I suspect it was more than 10 years ago, even at that price, in such an inflated market and being the NYC of Canada, that seems cheap. Even better played than the luckier generations here who bought houses for 100K in 1985 and are now often sitting on 7 figures. Would also be interesting to see what they had to do/who they had to bribe to get the zoning/permits/utilities installed. And the exterior utilities for that box do have a very third world look, the building itself looks a little dirty and neglected.

They bought the lot with a shack on it 15 years ago for $50000. Apparently spent $800000 building the house, went over their $400000 budget. Price of an average detached home in Toronto was $1.037 million in 2019.
    $2.2 million is fairly expensive considering the size, but the killer is 5 stories high and you have to go upstairs every time just to get to the main living area...ugh!

• Options
    jmonroejmonroe Member Posts: 8,989
    driver100 said:

fintail said:

They bought the lot with a shack on it 15 years ago for $50000. Apparently spent $800000 building the house, went over their $400000 budget. Price of an average detached home in Toronto was $1.037 million in 2019.
    $2.2 million is fairly expensive considering the size, but the killer is 5 stories high and you have to go upstairs every time just to get to the main living area...ugh!
    Don't tell me that high rise doesn't have an elevator.

jmonroe

'15 Genesis V8 with Ultimate Package and '18 Legacy Limited 6 cyl

• Options
    Lots of homes like ours in the Midwest have attached garages that open onto the basement floor, and you go upstairs to the main floor. Not that much different.
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
  • Options

Forgot to mention Volvo at the car show. They had the 60 and 90s series there. In sedan and wagon/CUV format.

Sadly, no new ‘vette (Chevy couldn’t do without one small space to put one where yet another pickup sat?).

Honda...surprisingly busy. Pilot, Odyssey, Civic Type R, Accord....all getting crowds.

Looks like my Chicago trip this week will probably be a day trip for work. Not sure I can carve out any time to visit their car show. Sad!

stickguy said:

You were the Unknown Comic?

• Options
    I loved him!

• Options
    suydam said:

Lots of homes like ours in the Midwest have attached garages that open onto the basement floor, and you go upstairs to the main floor. Not that much different.

I'd say it's a lot different. Five flights up is more than two. My math says that is more than twice as much. Maybe you're doing Midwest math.

jmonroe

• Options
    Must be a cool/hip/trendy neighborhood. I wonder if it sold, and if so, how long it took. At least it wasn't a case where a neat old house was razed to be replaced by a bland box.
    driver100 said:

• Options
    jmonroe said:

suydam said:

I'd say it's a lot different. Five flights up is more than two. My math says that is more than twice as much. Maybe you're doing Midwest math.

jmonroe
    I thought the whole building is 5 stories. I’m assuming the main floor isn’t at the top.
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
  • Options
    omarmanomarman Member Posts: 2,702
  • Options
    Heck, at our age, stairs can be a real hazard. We had them in our first place, a townhouse condo, but we were like almost 35 years younger so stairs weren't an issue. Once the middle girl fell down the first flight, there was a landing like 1/2 way down, wifey put the house on the market in the local paper. Had done that a year before, but no bites. This time, ad went in on a Thursday, older couple came on Saturday & came by to give us a down payment check on Sunday. They also wanted to talk to me to make sure we were serious about selling. This was in mid February of 1987. Only catch was, we had to be out before Easter.
    That was when she told me, "we're having another kid"! The next weekend, she and her dad bought a spec house, Casa Sandman, and we're still here. Our three week vacation staying with the in-laws in their one bedroom convertible condo turned into three months with us taking their front bedroom, the two cribs in the living room and them on the sofa bed in the den. I left for work at 5:30 then, so giving us their front bedroom made sense, to them, and that's what happened. Wonderful people actually who'd do anything for their only child and the grandkids.
    But at my age, no longer can or want to do stairs on a daily basis so a one story house works. Hopefully the next one will be to. Saw that that one model near our daughters place in St. Cloud has sold already, both did actually, so Plan A is done with. Hoping that after tax season, she'll decide we need to start our search for a new place. And if not 2020, definitely by 2021 as I know our middle child will be ready to move near her sister. Once that happens, just a matter of time before we're going to. Time will tell though!

• Options
    Like I did at Hertz, we're picking up new vehicles and taking them to different branches to be put into rental service. Last week, we did Mazda's and Dodge/Jeep products. Was quite impressed with the Mazda CX-9 which I thought was a CX-5. Drove beautifully and it had the better Bose audio system and the heads up display. Definitely drove like the smaller one, a very good thing. Drove a new Caravan and Journey, both underrated vehicles...easy to drive with good ergonomics. Great ingress/egress especially for someone with spinal issues like myself. Plenty of power when merging on any expressway and comfy seats. Haven't driven the Jeep Gladiator yet but since they have so many there now, probably tomorrow or Wednesday.
    Have only been to Miami once, a great thing, staying mostly in Broward County and north into Palm Beach, Martin & St. Lucie counties. Do a lot in Vero Beach, Pt. St. Lucie, Ft. Pierce & Stuart which is so much better. Sure there's mucho traffico this time of year but folks up there are more polite and drive without such hostility in those places. We use I-95 and the Florida Turnpike 99% of the time and they are within a mile of each other up in Jupiter, so easy to switch over when necessary. At Hertz, we spent 80% of our time in Miami/Dade, so this new gig is wonderful. Very happy right now and work with a bunch of retirees who are quite funny folks to be honest. I'm one of the younger folks though we have a few in their 40's and 50's also. A nice group of folks who kibbitz all the time, so really feel at home. As usual, I've bonded closely with a couple guys and we always have a great time laughing so much, just makes the day fly by. So, can see myself doing this for awhile to be honest. Signed up for the 401K program today and after my first year, profit sharing will kick in. Apparently, Enterprise is a privately owned company with no shareholders to deal with from what I've heard.
    I've found a home here and will stay as long as I'm able or until our living situation changes. Until then, I'm there 3 to 4 days a we now.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    “ funny thing with taxes, some of the city listings are actually lower than in the burbs. Though gotta be careful they aren't listing some special senior citizens discount.”

Be careful on listings of taxes, it can be a scam. Most localities upgrade to full value at time of sale and if the home was owned by the previous owner for a long time it can be a dramatic bump. The only way to know what the taxes will be is to get the tax rate on what the projected sales price will be. If grandma owned the house for 50 years, her taxes are a fraction of what they will be for the new owner.

When I bought my land in 1981 the taxes on my vacant 7 acres were more than on the 120 acres I was subdivided from including the seller’s house.

Niskayuna is nice but pricey. Rotterdam can range from rural to almost city.

• Options
    jmonroe said:

driver100 said:

fintail said:

jmonroe
    No room!

• Options

stickguy said:

You were the Unknown Comic?
    The Unknown School Bus Driver.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    jmonroe said:

suydam said:

jmonroe
    Most homes in Toronto would have a basement....unlike here in Florida where no one has a basement!

Thanks again omarman for finding the answer.......have you considered becoming a detective?

• Options
    driver100 said:

jmonroe said:

driver100 said:

fintail said:

jmonroe
    No room!
    Indeed. A lift would take up 16 to 25 square feet of valuable space on each floor!

• Options
    stickguy said:

speaking of up there, now that the princess is free, she is considering looking up there in the summer when her program ends. The family up in the country are pushing for her to come join them! Could work out well, if her brother buys a house, they can split the cost, and she can use all her decorating skills!

oh, speaking of the North country, son went out to the country palace Friday night, and they had the snow pass through. so he only got a little way into the driveway since he was house sitting, and BIL was not there to fire up the tractor with a snow blower. Problem is, they are on the side of a mountain, and he was not blocked by the house, so the snow blew across and encapsulated the Genesis. Top, and underneath up to the floorboards. so next day he should out around it but could not get underneath, so no traction due to being high centered. Had to wait until they got home Sunday and found more tools. Was going to pull it out with the John Deere, but the tow hook was not in the car. So did it old school. cardboard and a flat shovel, laying on his belly!

if that does not teach you to hold out for a garage, nothing will.

If the brother and sister want to consider Amsterdam they can get a lot more house for the money. The down side would be the longer commute and the depressed economy.

https://www.movoto.com/amsterdam-ny/249-guy-park-ave-amsterdam-ny-12010-485_201201733/for-sale/

• Options
    edited February 2020
    I have spent the last week on PC issues. Back in October of last year my 2013-vintage Dell laptop began giving me messages when it did its monthly health check saying the hard disk drive was having problems, though it was showing no symptoms. Then in November it began having periods when it would just slow or stop for a while before resuming. That was enough for me to decide it needed replacing, so on Black Friday I bought a new Dell with a SSD and a much faster processor. This one was a 14" whereas the old one was 15", and was lightning-quick in comparison. The smaller size seems insignificant but the real issue is that the more compact machine gives you a different keyboard layout and it is much more difficult to get used to. Result was that I kept using the old machine much of the time.

I made a backup of my data files onto my office machine that had lots of disk space, which was smart. I used a bunch of utilities to try to rehab the disk on my 2013 machine but the problems kept recurring. Since I liked using it better than the new one I decided I would replace the original hard drive with a SSD since they have become fairly cheap now. I got that last week and tried to create a clone of the disk in the 2013 machine onto it. The clone software kept failing due to CRC errors in the data portion of the drive where Windows also lives. I had created a USB Windows recovery drive but I was hoping to be able to recover all my apps and software from the old disk first. I was encouraged when on Friday night, unprompted, Windows did a big upgrade of itself and seemed to install OK. However, it would still not function properly over the weekend and the clone software still couldn't succeed, so yesterday I dove into the hardware and pulled out the old hard disk (a Samsung) and replaced it with the blank SSD (a Western Digital). I ran the recovery process from the USB I had created, but for some reason that would not work. At this point I was very concerned but some Googling showed me how to download a clean version of Windows from MS onto another USB and that did the trick.

Not having all the apps turns out to be really no issue as they are easily reinstalled if I want them - but this seems a good time to figure out how many of them I really actually needed. I may have lost a small amount of data created between the time I did the backup and this weekend, but nothing significant. As of right now the old machine seems to be working fine again and I am moving the backup files back onto it as needed. This was quite an education and reminded me of my decades-ago work when I was in IT!

• Options
    Then there is Harry and Meghan's $14 million home on Vancouver Island;

• Options
    houdini1houdini1 Member Posts: 8,327

stickguy said:

Now that is the type of house than a competent young man could fix up and make some money on, assuming the tax and politics are all OK.

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

• Options
    driver100 said:

jmonroe said:

driver100 said:

fintail said:

jmonroe
    No room!
    Brilliant. Jeff Foxworthy said it best, "if you build a five story house without an elevator, you might be a redneck".

jmonroe

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Jeff Foxworthy said no such thing and neither would any one. This would be a redneck elevator;

• Options
    driver100 said:

Jeff Foxworthy said no such thing and neither would any one. This would be a redneck elevator;

You look better with a beard than a striped shirt. :p

jmonroe

• Options
    tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,928
    driver100 said:

Then there is Harry and Meghan's $14 million home on Vancouver Island;

Yeah, I'm still bitter that they outbid me on this.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,323
    edited February 2020
    Re: house that oldfarmer50 posted.
    Wonder how much to heat that house in the winter?
    Didn't see any A/C.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    Probably don't really need a/c on Vancouver Island...not too many really hot humid days. That is probably the main reason they bought it.

• Options
    Why Florida's car insurance rates are so high....3rd highest in the country;
    The average annual car insurance bill in Florida is $2,219, third highest in the country behind Michigan and Louisiana, according to Insure.com. At the other end of the range, Maine and Wisconsin averaged less than $1,000. The national average was $1,457

* more than a quarter of Florida’s drivers don’t carry insurance, the most of any state.
    * bogus broken windshield cases doesn’t help, nor do spikes in auto theft in some cities
    * a lot of claims in Florida involve lawyers
    * the state has a high percentage of college-aged drivers and those over 75-years old, both of whom can pay more for insurance.
    * Florida also requires drivers to pay for $10,000 worth of personal injury protection,(raises rates 20%)
    * a speeding ticket received three months earlier can increase rates by 21 percent. Reckless driving, 23 percent. A DUI, 27 percent. An accident without injuries in the past year can boost rates by 43 percent.

• Options
    jmonroe said:

driver100 said:

You look better with a beard than a striped shirt. :p

jmonroe
    I am getting concerned...you are too preoccupied with that picture of me - can't seem to forget it. :o
    Hope you don't dream about me. :s

• Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,323
    One of these days, one of my kids is going to want to replace their 2013 Escape.
    Watched a couple of video's on the new one.
    AWD SE hybrid model looks pretty good.
    In one of the video's, the reviewer didn't say even one word, just demonstrated the features on took a test drive.
    The other unusual part about it, was that it was sometimes on the same roads as the other review.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    Makes me think of economics classes and the thought of if it's such a bargain, why is it still on the market? But I might be jaded by my local market, where any legit deal sells before it hits the market, or a low price is just a ruse to attract a bidding war. The place could also be a teardown in a location where building new houses just isn't done much anymore. I like the bathtub.

An old college roommate got into the flipping scheme for awhile, I think he ran in the black, but he put in a lot of time, and it became too much as he has a family that needs attention. He's out of the game now, and I don't think he regrets it. Not sure of his ROI when time is factored in, not to mention the cost of credit, and I think some family help might have got the ball rolling, as seems to be a big thing around here when one dabbles in real estate.

houdini1 said:

Now that is the type of house than a competent young man could fix up and make some money on, assuming the tax and politics are all OK.

• Options
    FL also leads the nation in insurance fraud, I think. Someone's gotta pay for that. Add that to the wackiness of the populace in general, and there's a lot of risk.

I remember when a friend of mine moved from Seattle to Atlanta, his insurance nearly doubled - same reasons as FL, I think. He lasted under 5 years there and was thrilled to return home.

driver100 said:

Why Florida's car insurance rates are so high....3rd highest in the country;
    The average annual car insurance bill in Florida is $2,219, third highest in the country behind Michigan and Louisiana, according to Insure.com. At the other end of the range, Maine and Wisconsin averaged less than $1,000. The national average was $1,457

• Options

• Options
    sdasda Member Posts: 6,988
    edited February 2020
    How do you delete a post created in error?

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav