Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,710
    I thought they recommended that over 60 but just checked, and apparently CDC says 50+. Not sure why my doctor never told me to get it (I think he still used 60). I'll probably get it next year. Old guy retired, so my next physical will be with a new GP (man, I hate breaking in a new doctor!).

I actually had a small case about 13 years ago, in the middle of getting chemo. That was a fun stretch.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,761
    driver100 said:

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

Every time I see one of those de-commissioned police interceptor Crown Vics on the road, they’re never repainted. They all have large scars where the decals were removed. And, they all look beat to hell...usually driven by someone who looks like they just crawled out of a cave.

But, I’m sure that’s not true of every interceptor out there. So, if you, or someone you know has one, and it’s in good condition, and the new owner has had a shower in the last couple of weeks, and can form complete sentences during normal conversation, my apologies.

No doubt those cars and other government auction vehicles are attractive to people of limited income. My BIL bought them because he wanted cheap muscle and as kids we didn’t have the money for more.

These days they may be the only alternative for A to B transportation. Cheap cars get scooped up real fast.
    O-F, you are good at finding and evaluating cheap cars.....you should open your own dealership.....Oldfarmer's Hooptie World Inc.
    The only problem is that if I find a good bargain, I want to keep it for myself. :'(
    You should share your unique talent with the rest of mankind.....even I might believe a statement like that!
    You should do like they do it in Florida and pay a bird dog to funeral parlors and nursing homes. They’re the first to learn of low mileage, easy driven cars. Of course you won’t get too many leads on Corvettes or AMGs but you probably don’t have to worry about track use.
    I could probably feature a whole showroom of these:

I bet you would sell out your first day. The market for under $5,000 cars has never been hotter. Especially low mileage and rust free.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    ab348 said:

Here in the bustling Metropolis that is Halifax, police cruisers have been Ford products for a very long time. In the '90s they moved to Panther Crown Vics after the Orca Caprices went out of production, and more recently transitioned out of them into Tauruses and now mostly Explorers. They apparently did an evaluation of the Dodge Charger a few years ago and decided to not go with them for whatever reason.

To show how the city here can spend money like nobody's business, the Transit department has a fleet of "Supervisor" vehicles. These are typically found at transit terminals idling, waiting to shuttle drivers coming off-shift back to the main facility, or to deal with the occasional incident or breakdown in the field. For years they were small utility vehicles - Jeep Patriots, Dodge Calibers, gen-1 Equinoxes. The last go-round they replaced them all with police interceptor Tauruses at close to $40K each. Absolutely zero rationale other than that they could. Snagging one of those at auction after it is retired could be a very good deal once you blow the carbon out of the engine.

Careful on those cars with lots of idle hours. The rule of thumb is that one idle hour equals the wear of 33 driven miles.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    sda said:

An acquaintance is a fleet manager for a small town. He hates the Chargers. Says the front suspension is fragile, and the cars need frequent repair. He likes how they drive, however.

The 5.7L is prone to the “Hemi tick” as well.

• Options
    andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,731
    edited March 2021
    Teslarati videos that claim "autopilot saved my life" but it actually shows terribly poor driving technique.

These are becoming prevalent lately.

Typically it starts with a Teslarati cult member stating Tesla Autopilot saved their lives.

Then the Tesla faithful will say oh yeah, look at that, amazing. Typically these are people with poor driving skills and limited powers of observation.

Then people with driving skills and powers of observation will say things like "that was 100% preventable and the computer was too oblivious (as is the driver)." They'll note various problems with the Tesla driver's actions, inaction, and assertions.

Then the Tesla Cult will get defensive and say that anyone criticizing the performance of the AutoPilot is ANTI-Tesla.

It's almost funny how far they will go to defend Tesla.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • Options
    fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,243
    I am sure you saw this

Calling the system "Autopilot" should be grounds for legal action.
    andres3 said:

Teslarati videos that claim "autopilot saved my life" but it actually shows terribly poor driving technique.

These are becoming prevalent lately.

Typically it starts with a Teslarati cult member stating Tesla Autopilot saved their lives.

Then the Tesla faithful will say oh yeah, look at that, amazing. Typically these are people with poor driving skills and limited powers of observation.

Then people with driving skills and powers of observation will say things like "that was 100% preventable and the computer was too oblivious (as is the driver)." They'll note various problems with the Tesla driver's actions, inaction, and assertions.

Then the Tesla Cult will get defensive and say that anyone criticizing the performance of the AutoPilot is ANTI-Tesla.

It's almost funny how far they will go to defend Tesla.

• Options
    dino001dino001 Member Posts: 6,179
    You do realize you just made a case for more autonomous driving, not less, don’t you? I would gladly relinquish all my driving priviledge to a machine so these people won’t get to drive anymore.

2018 430i Gran Coupe

• Options
    driver100driver100 Member Posts: 32,008
    edited March 2021

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

Every time I see one of those de-commissioned police interceptor Crown Vics on the road, they’re never repainted. They all have large scars where the decals were removed. And, they all look beat to hell...usually driven by someone who looks like they just crawled out of a cave.

But, I’m sure that’s not true of every interceptor out there. So, if you, or someone you know has one, and it’s in good condition, and the new owner has had a shower in the last couple of weeks, and can form complete sentences during normal conversation, my apologies.

No doubt those cars and other government auction vehicles are attractive to people of limited income. My BIL bought them because he wanted cheap muscle and as kids we didn’t have the money for more.

These days they may be the only alternative for A to B transportation. Cheap cars get scooped up real fast.
    O-F, you are good at finding and evaluating cheap cars.....you should open your own dealership.....Oldfarmer's Hooptie World Inc.
    The only problem is that if I find a good bargain, I want to keep it for myself. :'(
    You should share your unique talent with the rest of mankind.....even I might believe a statement like that!
    You should do like they do it in Florida and pay a bird dog to funeral parlors and nursing homes. They’re the first to learn of low mileage, easy driven cars. Of course you won’t get too many leads on Corvettes or AMGs but you probably don’t have to worry about track use.

I bet you would sell out your first day. The market for under $5,000 cars has never been hotter. Especially low mileage and rust free.
    I think I found one for my new business venture.
    https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=577409662&zip=33573&referrer=/cars-for-sale/searchresults.xhtml?zip=33573&city=Sun+City+Center&startYear=1990&incremental=all&endYear=1999&modelCodeList=LTD%2CCROWNVIC&makeCodeList=FORD&listingTypes=USED&sortBy=relevance&location=%5Bobject+Object%5D&state=FL&firstRecord=0&marketExtension=include&relevanceConfig=default&searchRadius=0&isNewSearch=false&listingTypes=USED&startYear=1990&numRecords=25&firstRecord=0&endYear=1999&modelCodeList=LTD,CROWNVIC&makeCodeList=FORD&searchRadius=0&makeCode1=FORD&modelCode1=CROWNVIC&clickType=listing
    1999 Crown Vi....just 115000 miles!

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

• Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,407
    @driver100,
    Did you look at the KBB value range included in the ad?
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    bwiabwia Member Posts: 2,913
    What is that? It looks like a crab to me, In fact it is a French military vehicle that can move sideways like a crab.

• Options
    jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,652

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

I’ll take that bet and raise you. If the sales take place in South Florida, I’ll bet those cars disappear in 3 hours if they have the faux convertible top.

jmonroe

'15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's.
    '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • Options
    driver100 said:

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=577409662&zip=33573&referrer=/cars-for-sale/searchresults.xhtml?zip=33573&city=Sun+City+Center&startYear=1990&incremental=all&endYear=1999&modelCodeList=LTD%2CCROWNVIC&makeCodeList=FORD&listingTypes=USED&sortBy=relevance&location=%5Bobject+Object%5D&state=FL&firstRecord=0&marketExtension=include&relevanceConfig=default&searchRadius=0&isNewSearch=false&listingTypes=USED&startYear=1990&numRecords=25&firstRecord=0&endYear=1999&modelCodeList=LTD,CROWNVIC&makeCodeList=FORD&searchRadius=0&makeCode1=FORD&modelCode1=CROWNVIC&clickType=listing

I think I’d go more for this:

https://hartford.craigslist.org/cto/d/collinsville-2008-ford-crown-victoria/7289838724.html

• Options
    ventureventure Member Posts: 2,917

My son had a really sore arm muscle for a few days after second shot of Pfizer. He's under 30.
    I had almost no noticeable problem with second shot.
    My wife swears there are stories that women are having worse reactions than men to the shots.

My sister said she felt like a truck ran over her. Her husband had almost no reaction.

My daughter spent a day in bed after getting her second. Her husband said he had chills for a few hours.

My wife had mild flu-like symptoms for a day and a half. I felt like I had a very mild cold for about 12 hours.

Only three examples, but the only three I know about.

2020 Ascent Limited, 2024 Subaru Legacy Sport

• Options
    tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,983

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

I think I’d go more for this:

https://hartford.craigslist.org/cto/d/collinsville-2008-ford-crown-victoria/7289838724.html
    That one has the SAP package I was talking about. Notice it looks like a civilian Vic but is a P71.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• Options
    Nice, that P71 is for sale at the cemetery(expand the map). That is actually pretty close to where I live but I'm not going to go look at it. HA HA.
  • Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 33,005
    edited March 2021
    Looks like a homemade center console. And notice seller avoids any closeup of the vinyl back seat. I also see some concerning wiring in the engine bay. PASS

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options

@driver100,

Just take the real value and add a couple of stimulus checks.

• Options

Nice, that P71 is for sale at the cemetery(expand the map). That is actually pretty close to where I live but I'm not going to go look at it. HA HA.

LOL, the owner probably left it there on the way in. :D

• Options
    venture said:

My son had a really sore arm muscle for a few days after second shot of Pfizer. He's under 30.
    My wife swears there are stories that women are having worse reactions than men to the shots.

My sister said she felt like a truck ran over her. Her husband had almost no reaction.

My daughter spent a day in bed after getting her second. Her husband said he had chills for a few hours.

My wife had mild flu-like symptoms for a day and a half. I felt like I had a very mild cold for about 12 hours.

Mrs. j said she felt a little sluggish for a few hours. If I knew that I would have popped off while I had the chance. Me, maybe because I was expecting a reaction from my second Maderna shot I felt pretty damn good. Was beginning to thing I got a shot of bourbon. B)

jmonroe
  • Options
    graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,670
    kyfdx said:

Cop Cars....I think in and around Cincinnati, they’re all Explorers. I can’t even recall seeing an Impala or Crown Vic Police Car in a very long time.

The only sedans I see are Chargers
    You may be right. I know around Butler and Warren County, OH where I usually traverse, it seems Police rides are all Explorers. Our Sheriff Depts drive Chargers, though.

I do go to Newport and Covington, KY. But, try to stay out of the sights of the KY Police and Sheriffs. So, can’t recall what they drive. ;)
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • Options

• Options
    graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,670

Sandy....after getting Pfizer #1 in the right arm, and the 2nd Pfizer in the left, both were sore for a few days (still feel #2 a little, but not bad), I feel fortunate that was the worst of the reaction.

Mentally, I do feel relieved, however. I understand they’re predicting another surge this Spring. I also feel relieved about the prospect of traveling and perhaps getting the transport “thing” running again. Having both shots for COVID will certainly alleviate most of my anxiousness and being contagious, or subject to others’ possible malady. And, I can use it as a marketing tool.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • Options

Yeah, what a cruel surprise. Probably thought he could take it with him. :'(

jmonroe
  • Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,425
    My wife did all the research and scheduling on our vaccinations. If it was just me I would have probably waited several more months. I’m not against being vaccinated, I’m just not that concerned about it.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport-2020 C43-2021 Sahara 4xe-1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica
    Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i
    Son's: 2018 330i xDrive

• Options
    dad23dad23 Member Posts: 873
    edited March 2021
    I work in IT, for a healthcare company so I have the opportunity to get vaccinated but my neurologist suggested I wait until they know more about how it might effect my condition. He didn't say how long that might be, so still waiting. My folks who are both in their 80s have gotten both rounds and said it really didn't bother either of them.
  • Options

@driver100,

No, I can't find it.

• Options
    There’s a button top right of the listing that says it.

• Options

My wife did all the research and scheduling on our vaccinations. If it was just me I would have probably waited several more months. I’m not against being vaccinated, I’m just not that concerned about it.

Same there. I’m pretty sure I caught it in July and recovered easily. My wife was reluctant but now has changed her mind so I’ll schedule something for us both. It was actually better to wait. The state run system is a mess but once the drug stores got it you can get a shot right in town instead of 150 miles away.

• Options
    driver100 said:

@driver100,

No, I can't find it.

• Options
    @oldfarmer50
    Thanks....well, sometimes you get what you pay for.

I would rather pay an extra $1000 or so even $1500, if the car really is way above average....it might cost less in the long run.

• Options
    abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258
    Just received a "recall" notice in the mail today for my 2020 E450 4MATIC. The letter states that the recall is safety related.

The “fix” will be transmitted to my vehicle via the data link system in my car (Mercedes Me Connect) in the next 2-3 weeks. It seems that if a vehicle is involved in a collision, the wrong vehicle location could be transmitted to Mercedes. That could be life threatening if there are severe injuries. The Data Link system in my car automatically transmits the location of my vehicle when the system senses the car was in an accident/collision.

So, easy-peasy fix for the recall - no need to bring the car in for service. It will work the same as when my GPS maps are updated via my data link every few months.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    edited March 2021
    OK guys just giving y’all a heads up so you make arrangements for tomorrow morning.

Son #1 just had a Bobcat delivered for yanking our some old shrubbery around the flip tomorrow morning. It’s supposed to be a nice sunny day. So no excuses. This thing has a 2 foot bucket and about a 5 foot pusher blade. He rented one of these gizmos when he moved into his second house about 7 or 8 years ago to do the same thing. He just yanked out a small tree stump but had to leave to get his youngest son to a hockey game. Seemed pretty disappointed since he was just getting the hang of it.

One of my Grandsons friends (graduated high school together) who was here last week knows how to operate this thing without going through a learning faze since his family owns a fair size produce farm and he’s been wrangling stuff like this since he was about 11. You might have to fight off @oldfarmer50 to get some seat time but it should be fun. Doughnut and coffee at 9 AM. See you then.

jmonroe
  • Options
    laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,767
    Fiancé just got Pfizer #1, drive through clinic at a fairgrounds here in eastern MA. She said very well run, efficient, nice people. It's only been a few hours, no reaction so far.
    I'm similar to RB and others, I become eligible Monday. I'll get the shot, but I'm not as concerned about it as was my fiancé. Her mother still refuses, her latest excuse not to go to the fairgrounds was that she's seen pictures of people with tattoos jabbing people with needles there. Um, that's how you get the vaccine, a needle is "jabbed" into your arm, no matter the venue... Paranoia, big destryoya...
    While I lost my father two months ago to Covid, he was 87, smoked for a third of his life and, while mentally very sound, physically he was having issues.
    Of course, I still wish he hadn't contracted Covid and continued to live a life he was enjoying in LA. I miss sending him updates of the wacky exploits of house hunting and buying. And, talking cars.

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• Options
    jmonroe1 said:

OK guys just giving y’all a heads up so you make arrangements for tomorrow morning.
    Doughnut and coffee at 9 AM. See you then.
    jmonroe

Sorry, I'd be there but it is going to be above 50F here tomorrow and I play pickleball at 10 a.m., otherwise......

• Options
    I have to go help my daughter unclog her sink.

• Options
    ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,157
    I’m snowed in here today. But on Sunday I’m scheduled for a shot of the AstraZeneca vaccine, so there’s that.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• Options
    abacomike said:

Just received a "recall" notice in the mail today for my 2020 E450 4MATIC. The letter states that the recall is safety related.

The “fix” will be transmitted to my vehicle via the data link system in my car (Mercedes Me Connect) in the next 2-3 weeks. It seems that if a vehicle is involved in a collision, the wrong vehicle location could be transmitted to Mercedes. That could be life threatening if there are severe injuries. The Data Link system in my car automatically transmits the location of my vehicle when the system senses the car was in an accident/collision.

So, easy-peasy fix for the recall - no need to bring the car in for service. It will work the same as when my GPS maps are updated via my data link every few months.

If I’m in an accident my cars just sit there with the indifference of a cat. :'(

• Options
    edited March 2021

Fiancé just got Pfizer #1, drive through clinic at a fairgrounds here in eastern MA. She said very well run, efficient, nice people. It's only been a few hours, no reaction so far.
    I'm similar to RB and others, I become eligible Monday. I'll get the shot, but I'm not as concerned about it as was my fiancé. Her mother still refuses, her latest excuse not to go to the fairgrounds was that she's seen pictures of people with tattoos jabbing people with needles there. Um, that's how you get the vaccine, a needle is "jabbed" into your arm, no matter the venue... Paranoia, big destryoya...
    While I lost my father two months ago to Covid, he was 87, smoked for a third of his life and, while mentally very sound, physically he was having issues.
    Of course, I still wish he hadn't contracted Covid and continued to live a life he was enjoying in LA. I miss sending him updates of the wacky exploits of house hunting and buying. And, talking cars.

Sorry about your dad. Yesterday, we were informed that a member of our crew had passed away over night, some time between answering the text from the boss and showing up for work.He had just gotten the vaccine but didn’t report any bad effects. Made us wonder. Perhaps your mom is reacting to some of the stories of serious reactions.

My wife was reluctant to get it but she changed her mind. The first drug store chain was out of appointments but it was easy to get an appointment close by at another chain. A real contrast from when the state was running things and people had to go to a tent out in a field and wait hours. Similar, I guess to when a hot car comes out and people are fighting to pay ADMs to rude dealers.

• Options
    jmonroe1 said:

Son #1 just had a Bobcat delivered for yanking our some old shrubbery around the flip tomorrow morning. It’s supposed to be a nice sunny day. So no excuses. This thing has a 2 foot bucket and about a 5 foot pusher blade. He rented one of these gizmos when he moved into his second house about 7 or 8 years ago to do the same thing. He just yanked out a small tree stump but had to leave to get his youngest son to a hockey game. Seemed pretty disappointed since he was just getting the hang of it.

One of my Grandsons friends (graduated high school together) who was here last week knows how to operate this thing without going through a learning faze since his family owns a fair size produce farm and he’s been wrangling stuff like this since he was about 11. You might have to fight off @oldfarmer50 to get some seat time but it should be fun. Doughnut and coffee at 9 AM. See you then.

jmonroe

Any chance I can borrow that thing? I’m due to refresh the gravel in my driveway and I’m getting too old to hand shovel two dozen yards of stone by hand any more.

• Options
    @oldfamer50,
    Just let the air out of the tires on one of those cars you shuttle around to push the gravel. ;)
  • Options
    imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,179
    venture said:

Now this has gone and done it. My wife is gonna say she was right about women getting harder
    reactions than men get. I'll never live it down that she was right. For once.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• Options
    bwiabwia Member Posts: 2,913
    Say it ain't so but it is true. According to Autoweek, Audi said it has stopped development on all of its future i ICE engines. Not a surprise as its biggest market, China is moving to 100% EV engines. I wonder whose up next, Toyota?
    https://www.autoweek.com/news/industry-news/a35866586/audi-no-new-engines/
  • Options

jmonroe1 said:

jmonroe

Any chance I can borrow that thing? I’m due to refresh the gravel in my driveway and I’m getting too old to hand shovel two dozen yards of stone by hand any more.
    Sure, it’s sitting in the driveway right now. I told him he should block it in with a car so it’s there in the morning. He said he’s not worried because he got full damage and theft insurance. I’d like to see his face in the morning if it’s not there when he shows up. You can find it at 1234 Main St. just outside the Burgh.

FWIW, when I had a gravel driveway in my first house the trucks that delivered the #2 limestone blue chip stones did a pretty good job of spreading it with their dump truck but that pusher/plow blade on that Bobcat would do a good job for some of the small piles that are inevitable when the dump truck can’t get it spread perfectly.

jmonroe
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    driver100 said:

@oldfarmer50
    Thanks....well, sometimes you get what you pay for.

I would rather pay an extra $1000 or so even $1500, if the car really is way above average....it might cost less in the long run.

It’s as I said, there is a lot of demand for low cost transportation. Combine that with tax refunds and stimulus checks and these dealers are swinging for the fence. Every beater car I’ve ever sold took a matter of hours to be sent down the driveway.

Didn’t Imidazol97 sell his Cobalt in a matter of hours?

• Options

@oldfamer50,
    Just let the air out of the tires on one of those cars you shuttle around to push the gravel. ;)

Too bad the company won’t rent trucks with plows. I could put the stuff around.

• Options
    imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,179
    edited March 2021

@oldfamer50,

I put signs in rear windows on Monday when I took it to the tire store/mechanical repair store for tire rebalancing and rotation along with fixing a seeping rim. I was asked there by one of the service writers how much I wanted. I actually hadn't decided. He wanted it sometime in the future for his son who would buy with tax refund.

On Wednesday I had tires rebalanced because first job was not right. Parked it at home after dentist visit and rebalancing. Got phone call by 3 pm from guy who drove by who used to live in the neighborhood. He bought it after driving it. He said I would have gotten the price I was thinking was what it was worth. Folks here said it was a $2000 car at 168K. I was thinking $1800 take.

I've decided if I don't want the Cruze or Malibu, I'm shopping them out to Carmax and Carvana to get pricing. We get mailings from dealers about the 14 Malibu who want to buy it. LOL
    48K miles and 7 years.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• Options

@oldfamer50,

I put signs in rear windows on Monday when I took it to the tire store/mechanical repair store for tire rebalancing and rotation along with fixing a seeping rim. I was asked there by one of the service writers how much I wanted. I actually hadn't decided. He wanted it sometime in the future for his son who would buy with tax refund.

On Wednesday I had tires rebalanced because first job was not right. Parked it at home after dentist visit and rebalancing. Got phone call by 3 pm from guy who drove by who used to live in the neighborhood. He bought it after driving it. He said I would have gotten the price I was thinking was what it was worth. Folks here said it was a $2000 car at 168K. I was thinking $1800 take.

I've decided if I don't want the Cruze or Malibu, I'm shopping them out to Carmax and Carvana to get pricing. We get mailings from dealers about the 14 Malibu who want to buy it. LOL
    48K miles and 7 years.
    Carvana might buy your Malibu. I’ve seen plenty that age (and older) on their listings.

https://www.carvana.com/vehicle/1695701

Heck, I might be interested in it.

• Options
    laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,767

Sorry about your dad. Yesterday, we were informed that a member of our crew had passed away over night, some time between answering the text from the boss and showing up for work.He had just gotten the vaccine but didn’t report any bad effects. Made us wonder. Perhaps your mom is reacting to some of the stories of serious reactions.

My wife was reluctant to get it but she changed her mind. The first drug store chain was out of appointments but it was easy to get an appointment close by at another chain. A real contrast from when the state was running things and people had to go to a tent out in a field and wait hours. Similar, I guess to when a hot car comes out and people are fighting to pay ADMs to rude dealers.
    Thanks, OF.
    Perhaps I"m watching the wrong media outlets, but I've heard of no "serious reactions" to the vaccines. Yes, reactions for a day or so after, but that's what I understand is actually the body properly reacting to the spike initiated by the vaccine. Even the AZ vaccine has been cleared of causation in the blood clot reports in Europe.

I'm now scheduled for Moderna #1 tomorrow. And, MIL scheduled for Thursday. Let's see if she actually gets it...

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• Options
    I did a Vroom quote on my BIL's 2014 Fusion with 100k+ on it.
    They have contacted me twice since then to see I was still interested in selling it.
    One contact was a phone call!
  • Options
    @oldfarmer50 Here's what gets me....a 2008 and a 1999 Crown Vic for $5000 miles, or would you rather get a bank loan for an extra $7000 and buy a 2014 C250 with 35000 miles on it (no scratches, no dents, no strange stains, no hand made console)? I think you will usually come out ahead when you spend more.....unless you are very good at choosing low mileage inexpensive cars.
    The $5000 could be $5000 down the drain completely, the C250 will be worth something for a few years.
    Just my way of looking at it.....and I have bought my share of cheap cars...a few good ones, a few really bad ones.