Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to learn more!
Options

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• Options
    carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,501
    stickguy said:

got a link to the Camaro? I would love to see what could possibly fetch that much.

https://www.mecum.com/lots/AZ0321-453688/1968-chevrolet-camaro-ss/
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    This one looked like a fun car that went for around $17k. Yeah, I know, not stick and not everyone will like the color - unusual color, a/c, very nice in person.

https://www.mecum.com/lots/AZ0321-453690/1975-chevrolet-corvette-convertible/
  • Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,454
    I’d like to drop a crate motor into a 1973 C3, fit some decent seats, and button down the suspension. It would be a lot of fun, I’d think.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport-2020 C43-2021 Sahara 4xe-1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica
    Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i
    Son's: 2018 330i xDrive

• Options
    sdasda Member Posts: 7,020
    jmonroe1 said:

carnaught said:

Went to Mecum AA yesterday. Some nice cars. My neighbor was there and bought a ‘68 Camaro for for $92k!

That’s a nice appreciation. I saw that when new that Camaro would MSRP as high as $3,5XX. My second new car was a 1968 Olds Delta 88 Custom 2 door hardtop with the 455 engine. The MSRP for that beauty was $4,5XX. Something tells me it wouldn’t fetch nearly as much as that Camaro. That Olds was on the high side in it’s day and was definitely not a wannabe.

jmonroe
    The Delta Custom was an extremely nice car, no need to get the 98. What color was yours? I bet it didn’t lack power but had a nice appetite for fuel.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• Options
    ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,186
    driver100 said:

@ab348 In Ontario over 75s can get an appointment starting Monday - for the good stuff. Drugstores start booking over 60s on Monday - for Astrazeneca. If my Pfizer or Moderna (age 73) is going to take a few weeks I'll have to settle for the wannabe....74% protection vs. 92%.

There are a bunch of different studies now, I understand, and some of them have the AZ being about as effective as the others. All depends on how the studies are done. They apparently can’t be directly compared.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• Options
    ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,186
    jmonroe1 said:

ab348 said:

Got my first shot of AstraZeneca Covid vaccine today. Painless at the time and still no side effects I can detect.

Isn’t that the wannabe vaccine? Why don’t you guys up there get the real stuff? :o

jmonroe
    Well, your former President and our PM didn’t like each other, so we have no availability of vaccines made in the USA. So we’re taking what we can get out of Europe.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• Options
    omarmanomarman Member Posts: 2,702
    edited March 2021
    Thanks for posting those pics. Wasn't expecting to see a 427 Dana Camaro clone! No idea if there really is a "market correct price" for something like that. Other than whatever the hammer price is. Maybe 50 or so originals built by Dana Chevrolet from '67 to '68.

Funny how some details stand out to me now. Like that M-22 rock crusher in your neighbor's car. I can't remember if I ever drove a car ordered with that trans. I recall test driving a '69 GS 400 with the M-20. Hard to drive smoothly with that kind of torque and the heavy clutch and wide ratio 4 speed. And a friend from HS let me take a really fun drive in his '68 Camaro with the M-21 behind a built up 327 which pulled very strong in 3rd gear.

So you think your neighbor will give you a ride?
    A time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing.
  • Options
    abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258
    ab348 said:

jmonroe1 said:

ab348 said:

Got my first shot of AstraZeneca Covid vaccine today. Painless at the time and still no side effects I can detect.

Isn’t that the wannabe vaccine? Why don’t you guys up there get the real stuff? :o

jmonroe
    Well, your former President and our PM didn’t like each other, so we have no availability of vaccines made in the USA. So we’re taking what we can get out of Europe.
    That’s just not right! Our friends and neighbors should be getting whatever they need in terms of vaccines with direct aid and help from the USA. Just as our country shipped hundreds of thousands of ventilators to the countries of the world, the same should be done with vaccines.

My apologies “ab” - if I had any authority to supply you with Moderna, Pfizer or J&J, it would be done!

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 33,038
    jipster said:

The Accord has met all expectations. Best handling vehicle I've ever owned.

My sincerest condolences.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,791
    I actually kinda like the colors on the Corvette. Uncommon. a 3 speed auto, just seems wrong. Probably better with a nice modernization of the chassis parts, and a crate motor with a 5 speed would liven it up too.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    carnaught said:

stickguy said:

got a link to the Camaro? I would love to see what could possibly fetch that much.

https://www.mecum.com/lots/AZ0321-453688/1968-chevrolet-camaro-ss/
    interesting. Love the slicks on the back. Does he intend to drive this on the road? If so I assume needs to change out the tires. I imagine this car can get away from you real quick though.

• Options
    driver100driver100 Member Posts: 32,008
    fintail said:

Even if I had the money, hard no. Looks/profile that IMO are now generic (save for the brand identity front end), mileage barely better than a G550 for a third more MSRP - I can't imagine it selling to more than brand loyalists or overmonied undertaxed trust fund/entertainment/trophy spouse types. But if it keeps the brand alive...I guess.

bwia said:

With its new DBX, Aston Martin becomes the latest high-end manufacturer to embrace the SUV as a way forward. With an MSRP of $200,000, 12 MPG, 542-hp, 0 to 60 in 3.9 seconds and 5128-pounds that is a heavy price tag indeed. Still, I believe it probably would be more successful in a BEV format. Read more at: https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a35844039/2021-aston-martin-dbx-by-the-numbers

....or a business guy who makes a few $million a year, and if he can use it for business writes off 50% of the cost.

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

• Options
    jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,687
    sda said:

jmonroe1 said:

carnaught said:

Went to Mecum AA yesterday. Some nice cars. My neighbor was there and bought a ‘68 Camaro for for $92k!

That’s a nice appreciation. I saw that when new that Camaro would MSRP as high as $3,5XX. My second new car was a 1968 Olds Delta 88 Custom 2 door hardtop with the 455 engine. The MSRP for that beauty was $4,5XX. Something tells me it wouldn’t fetch nearly as much as that Camaro. That Olds was on the high side in it’s day and was definitely not a wannabe.

jmonroe
    The Delta Custom was an extremely nice car, no need to get the 98. What color was yours? I bet it didn’t lack power but had a nice appetite for fuel.
    It was yellow with a typical GM black pebble vinyl roof. You’d think yellow would be a terrible color but on that car with the black vinyl seats it was pretty nice. It drew a lot of attention at the dealers on introduction night in October 1967. It was in the service area and there were so many people looking at it I had to look too. I thought it was pretty expensive at $4,5XX so didn’t even consider it. I was buying a standard Delta 88 two door hardtop with cloth bench seats and was going to pick it up the next day when they got it cleaned up but I got an idea. I called the salesman and asked what kind of a deal he’d give me on it. After some negotiating it was just a little less than $200 more than the standard Delta 88 with a smaller engine (350 I think) so I called my new bride (was only married for a couple months) and she agreed but didn’t know why I changed my mind. Best excuse was, might as well get a new car now because if our plan for getting a house in a couple years panned out (and it did), we wouldn’t be getting another car for a while. Was trading in a ‘66 Bonneville and didn’t want to have an old car for too long. Yeah, I was shrewd even back then.

It didn’t even have power windows like my Bonny but it had bucket seats and the Wonder Bar radio which I had never even heard of before. Liked playing with that for a couple weeks then it got old. Had that car till 1978 and that was old for a car back then.

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's.
    '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    ab348 said:

driver100 said:

@ab348 In Ontario over 75s can get an appointment starting Monday - for the good stuff. Drugstores start booking over 60s on Monday - for Astrazeneca. If my Pfizer or Moderna (age 73) is going to take a few weeks I'll have to settle for the wannabe....74% protection vs. 92%.

There are a bunch of different studies now, I understand, and some of them have the AZ being about as effective as the others. All depends on how the studies are done. They apparently can’t be directly compared.
    This was just announced at 8:06 a.m. this morning:
    (CNN)AstraZeneca's Covid-19 vaccine showed 79% efficacy against symptomatic disease and 100% efficacy against severe disease and hospitalization in a new, US-based clinical trial, the company said Monday.

But, I still say, a used car that was #4 after 6 years will probably still be one of the better ones after 10 or 12 years, that momentum will probably carry forward.

• Options
    ab348 said:

jmonroe1 said:

ab348 said:

jmonroe
    @ab348 @abacomikeThe President said Americans come first and we would expect that from any leader. However, since the U.S. is overstocked in AstraZeneca it is loaning 1.5 million doses to Canada....and that is a huge help with our population of 35 million, they will arrive this week or next. These are to be paid back at a later date so that no one can say the President is giving away vaccines that could be used at home. Actually, there is overstock and they might get wasted because of the expiry date if not "loaned".

This is very generous of the U.S. and will be a big help to Canada....and countries do better when they work together for each others benefit. The sooner this pandemic is under control in North America the better it will be for us all.....more tourists, more trade, better economy etc.

• Options
    graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,670
    I knew this was going to be an issue (not really an issue, per se, as I feel fortunate en
    driver100 said:

@bwia Nice looking car but the badges make me think it is a Genesis.
    Ford copied the front end perfectly, they should have to pay for plagiarism.
    $200000 is a bit steep, I'd consider it but not sure about reliability and a dealer network.
    No matter how much money I had, I don't think I want an oddball car that can't be serviced within a reasonable distance. Of course if I had a chauffeur and a servant...they could take it in for me.

At first glance, I thought it was the highly optioned Chrysler mini-van that I keep getting pelted with on my WEB surf ads. That’s either a credit to Chrysler or a detriment to AM.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • Options
    bwiabwia Member Posts: 2,913

I knew this was going to be an issue (not really an issue, per se, as I feel fortunate en

driver100 said:

$200000 is a bit steep, I'd consider it but not sure about reliability and a dealer network.
    No matter how much money I had, I don't think I want an oddball car that can't be serviced within a reasonable distance. Of course if I had a chauffeur and a servant...they could take it in for me.

At first glance, I thought it was the highly optioned Chrysler mini-van that I keep getting pelted with on my WEB surf ads. That’s either a credit to Chrysler or a detriment to AM.
    All good points guys but I suspect a considerable market for the DBX is in Dubai and Asia (i.e. China, Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaysia). Here is Motor Week's early preview. Somehow, it looks smaller than I expected and it does not look comfortable off-roading. Enjoy the short 3 minute video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M7MWXCHVtA
  • Options
    ventureventure Member Posts: 2,927
    stickguy said:

finally put together the new tool I got for Christmas and tried it out. A compact, battery powered chain saw. Little chain, I think the reach might be 6" or so. Should go measure it. I was not expecting much looking at it, or reading the horribly translated instructions. But I got it put together and it seemed OK.

actually did a pretty good job. Much easier on smaller limbs and scrawny trees than using the hand saw I used before. Plus, so compact that you could use it at any angle and get into tight spaces. As long as you don't get greedy and go after too big a trunk! The few bigger scrap trees the wife wants gone will have to wait until next week to see if I work up the ambition to get out and figure out how to use the full sized gas model. That actually scares me a bit! But at least I got all the smaller stuff out of the way so I can easily get at them. Hopefully I don't drop one and take out a section of fence. That would be a downer.

Did you ever notice (and I'm sure you have) when you decide to just "trim a few branches" it ends up being enough debris to fill a dump truck?

2020 Ascent Limited, 2024 Subaru Legacy Sport

• Options
    snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,356
    bwia said:

driver100 said:

All good points guys but I suspect a considerable market for the DBX is in Dubai and Asia (i.e. China, Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaysia). Here is Motor Week's early preview. Somehow, it looks smaller than I expected and it does not look comfortable off-roading. Enjoy the short 3 minute video.
    With AWD I wouldn't do any off roading with it unless you consider your run of the mill country dirt road or driving over a flat field as off roading.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

• Options
    venture said:

stickguy said:

finally put together the new tool I got for Christmas and tried it out. A compact, battery powered chain saw. Little chain, I think the reach might be 6" or so. Should go measure it. I was not expecting much looking at it, or reading the horribly translated instructions. But I got it put together and it seemed OK.

actually did a pretty good job. Much easier on smaller limbs and scrawny trees than using the hand saw I used before. Plus, so compact that you could use it at any angle and get into tight spaces. As long as you don't get greedy and go after too big a trunk! The few bigger scrap trees the wife wants gone will have to wait until next week to see if I work up the ambition to get out and figure out how to use the full sized gas model. That actually scares me a bit! But at least I got all the smaller stuff out of the way so I can easily get at them. Hopefully I don't drop one and take out a section of fence. That would be a downer.

Did you ever notice (and I'm sure you have) when you decide to just "trim a few branches" it ends up being enough debris to fill a dump truck?
    Or a winters worth of firewood for your fireplace or fire pit.

• Options
    edited March 2021
    For those who care, my neighbor’s “new” ‘68 Camaro is being shipped up to his home in Wi. from Mecum, so I will not see it locally. :(
  • Options
    edited March 2021

bwia said:

driver100 said:

With AWD I wouldn't do any off roading with it unless you consider your run of the mill country dirt road or driving over a flat field as off roading.
    I would imagine that less than 2% of those Astons will ever be used for actual off roading. It would only be used if the car goes off the road accidentally.

• Options
    venture said:

stickguy said:

It did just keep going. Thankfully there are woods behind us, and all the trimming was on the edge of that. So, just cut and drag back a ways.

I keep looking back there and am amazed at how much more cleared out it looks, getting all the scrap stuff out of there, and trimming so low branches.

• Options
    I got some junk mail from the BMW dealer I bought the 4 series from saying that I can trade in my current car and get 0.9% APR on select new BMW's. According to the fine print they must be 2020 models and according to their website there is only one new 2020 model on their lot.

• Options
    dino001dino001 Member Posts: 6,184
    edited March 2021
    I got an appointment for Thursday with Bill Gates to put his 5G tracking chip in my arm. It was quite a feat, all commercial sites (Publix, CVS, Walgreens) were fully booked, but this Florida portal showed availability at decent location at decent time.

2018 430i Gran Coupe

• Options
    Seems many appointments will open late, since people are double or triple booking. Just hopefully considerate enough to cancel appointments they won’t need.

• Options
    28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,423
    dino001 said:

I got an appointment for Thursday for Bill Gates to put his 5G tracking chip in my arm. It was quite a feat, all commercial sites (Publix, CVS, Walgreens) were fully booked, but this Florida portal showed availability at decent location at decent time.

Hopefully his vaccine is more effective than Windows ME was...
    2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
  • Options
    I was talking about parking experiences with my friend this morning. He sent this picture from a few months ago.....he parked his Volvo and then came out to find the Ford beside him;

• Options

I got some junk mail from the BMW dealer I bought the 4 series from saying that I can trade in my current car and get 0.9% APR on select new BMW's. According to the fine print they must be 2020 models and according to their website there is only one new 2020 model on their lot.

How generous. Mine at least offered me to "lower my payment" by getting 2021 ugly face 4-series. Oh, I paid off mine early a few months ago, wonder how lowering payment would work with that :wink:

2018 430i Gran Coupe

• Options
    andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,766
    dino001 said:

You do realize you just made a case for more autonomous driving, not less, don’t you? I would gladly relinquish all my driving priviledge to a machine so these people won’t get to drive anymore.

No thanks! I'm not okay with the Telsa faithful saying it's OK for the computer to kill me and my family so as to not disobey the 65 MPH speed limit posted. I'd rather not be killed in deference to a minor traffic violation infraction, and even more so due to the fact I don't agree with the speed limit anyway. Sometimes hitting the accelerator is the best answer to a sticky situation; speed limit be damned.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • Options
    jmonroe1 said:

@laurasdada ...so very sorry to hear of your Father’s passing. Sincere condolences.

The COVID vaccines are really opening up around my neck of the woods, too. I just became eligible, but since I transported someone who was elderly, they gave mine early. That said, we’re starting to see big venues like County Fairgrounds opening for COVID vaccines....drive through.

Last night I got a text from CVS stating I could set up an appointment to get my vaccine at my convenience.

So yeah, it’s finally kicked into high gear. Most of my friends are either planning to get vaccinated this week, or already have been vaccinated.

NOt really a friend, but an acquaintance said something earlier this week that he wouldn’t get vaccinated because it’s not really a vaccination they’re jabbing you with, but actually a computer chip, so they can track him. I just shook my head and told him he needs a tin foil hat to keep that from happening.

The crazy stories that circulate out there among the gullible....... :open_mouth:

Yep, they’re out there alright. If he really believes that tell him tell him the big box pharmacy’s have a chip killer capsule that can take care of that and it’s been proven to be 100% effective; that’s better than the COVID-19 vaccine. And to think, these folks vote. :(

jmonroe
    Hasn't anyone seen the latest Terminator movie? All you need is a good EMP blast to destroy that chip.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    driver100 said:

@oldfarmer50
    Well stated and I agree.
    My point was that sometimes people who aren't knowledgeable buy a car based only on the cheapest price, or a very low price....and they don't understand that that car could cost them a lot more in the long run....in fact they could lose the total amount they spent with one major repair.

I see them on Hot Bench, they buy a car for $4 or $5000 "as is", and when it blows up in 2 months they say they were scammed. If they bought the Camry or the C250 it would still be running and would be worth something - now they are $5000 in the hole with nothing to show for it.

If I had a nickel for every time a lower income individual posts something like this when they got their first bragging rights Audi:

"I got a killer deal on this 9 year old A4 (FWD), but the CVT transmission appears to be shot and on its last leg." \

My first thought was not such a killer deal after all.
  • Options
    You didn't understand me. I meant that if everybody around can't drive (as you claimed that all these people had poor driving skills), we should give computers more power and faster, cause they will likely make only 1/1000th or actually closer to 1/1000,000 or less of human mistakes. I'm not saying it tongue-in-cheek. I think once ready (not yet, but they will be in time), Level 3 and 4 autonomous systems will probably be capable of avoiding 90%+ of collisions saving even higher percentage of the potential victims at price of very few errors. Moreover, autonomous systems will actually be capable of driving faster than humans. Properly synchronized you can have no-stop intersections, as it usually takes just a small alteration of speed to avoid an accident. When properly set up we can have highway and city systems set up similar to what's today airport unmanned light trains. This is quite a bit far in the future, perhaps not in our lifetime, but it will come.

2018 430i Gran Coupe

• Options
    @dino001 .....but, what about the insurance companies? What are they supposed to do? :'(

• Options
    dino001 said:

I got an appointment for Thursday with Bill Gates to put his 5G tracking chip in my arm. It was quite a feat, all commercial sites (Publix, CVS, Walgreens) were fully booked, but this Florida portal showed availability at decent location at decent time.

Back in January I couldn't find anywhere to get the vaccine. I ended up on waiting lists. I didn't realize how many waiting lists until they started emailing me to set an appointment. After getting the first shot I cancelled the others.

The lady who gave me my shot said most people don't bother to cancel.

• Options
    driver100 said:

@dino001 .....but, what about the insurance companies? What are they supposed to do? :'(

Insure computers centers against fire...

2018 430i Gran Coupe

• Options
    Anyone know of a running, walking, or hiking shoe - preferably a sneaker type, that mud won't stick to the bottom?

I used to have a New Balance sneaker where that was the case, but I forget the model number and the NB help department is no help.

• Options
    dino001 said:

You didn't understand me. I meant that if everybody around can't drive (as you claimed that all these people had poor driving skills), we should give computers more power and faster, cause they will likely make only 1/1000th or actually closer to 1/1000,000 or less of human mistakes. I'm not saying it tongue-in-cheek. I think once ready (not yet, but they will be in time), Level 3 and 4 autonomous systems will probably be capable of avoiding 90%+ of collisions saving even higher percentage of the potential victims at price of very few errors. Moreover, autonomous systems will actually be capable of driving faster than humans. Properly synchronized you can have no-stop intersections, as it usually takes just a small alteration of speed to avoid an accident. When properly set up we can have highway and city systems set up similar to what's today airport unmanned light trains. This is quite a bit far in the future, perhaps not in our lifetime, but it will come.

to me, the problem is that to really make it work, all the cars have to be enabled. As long as there is a mix of autonomous and old school DIY, you can't really get it to work. At least not around town. Maybe on a limited access highway.

• Options
    oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,800
    carnaught said:

This one looked like a fun car that went for around $17k. Yeah, I know, not stick and not everyone will like the color - unusual color, a/c, very nice in person.

165hp? Talk about all show and no go.

I always wondered if you could retrofit those old pollution controlled 70s motors to put out more contemporary power without violating 100 different laws.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    driver100 said:

I was talking about parking experiences with my friend this morning. He sent this picture from a few months ago.....he parked his Volvo and then came out to find the Ford beside him;

Tape a rock onto the driver’s side door and after climbing in from the passengers side open the driver’s door real hard a bunch of times.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    sdasda Member Posts: 7,020
    andres3 said:

driver100 said:

@oldfarmer50
    Well stated and I agree.
    My point was that sometimes people who aren't knowledgeable buy a car based only on the cheapest price, or a very low price....and they don't understand that that car could cost them a lot more in the long run....in fact they could lose the total amount they spent with one major repair.

I see them on Hot Bench, they buy a car for $4 or $5000 "as is", and when it blows up in 2 months they say they were scammed. If they bought the Camry or the C250 it would still be running and would be worth something - now they are $5000 in the hole with nothing to show for it.

If I had a nickel for every time a lower income individual posts something like this when they got their first bragging rights Audi:

"I got a killer deal on this 9 year old A4 (FWD), but the CVT transmission appears to be shot and on its last leg." \

My first thought was not such a killer deal after all.
    From what I understand the A4 CVT is to be avoided, period.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• Options
    tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 16,007

carnaught said:

165hp? Talk about all show and no go.

I always wondered if you could retrofit those old pollution controlled 70s motors to put out more contemporary power without violating 100 different laws.
    It’s old enough to be emissions exempt just about everywhere, so you can do what you want.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• Options
    stickguy said:

dino001 said:

to me, the problem is that to really make it work, all the cars have to be enabled. As long as there is a mix of autonomous and old school DIY, you can't really get it to work. At least not around town. Maybe on a limited access highway.
    Once autonomous is advanced enough, next step will be prohibition of self driving. Looking at some behind the wheel, I can’t wait :wink:, but realisticdally it’s not likely to happen in my lifetime.

2018 430i Gran Coupe

• Options
    abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258
    venture said:

Anyone know of a running, walking, or hiking shoe - preferably a sneaker type, that mud won't stick to the bottom?

I used to have a New Balance sneaker where that was the case, but I forget the model number and the NB help department is no help.

I wear Rockport ProWalkers and I get them from Amazon

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    edited March 2021
    If I have to put up with, and survive bad drivers, why can't a computer do it also, or even better? That seems like a cop out for the "if this then that" algorithm writers.

Yes, I've been hit by a Toyota/Lexus driver before, but I've avoided countless.
  • Options
    dino001 said:

driver100 said:

Insure them against hacking and hackers too. Again, doesn't anyone watch the Terminator movies? What about Kubrick's 2001?
  • Options
    andres3 said:

dino001 said:

driver100 said:

Insure them against hacking and hackers too. Again, doesn't anyone watch the Terminator movies? What about Kubrick's 2001?
    Cause what, they are all so true, like AT&T call from Moon to Earth?

2018 430i Gran Coupe

• Options
    Clever Canadians.

https://youtu.be/EIYlgME-J7o

• Options
    dino001 said:

andres3 said:

dino001 said:

driver100 said:

Cause what, they are all so true, like AT&T call from Moon to Earth?
    Or showing "Facetime" in action.
  • Options
    abacomike said:

venture said:

I wear Rockport ProWalkers and I get them from Amazon
    Thanks. I will expand my research.