It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
VW New Beetle Problems
at 23357mi :
1) stereo problems (they replaced it) warranty covered
2) engine hesitating at takeoff (replaced engine control unit due to ROM fault) warranty covered
at 40000mi :
1) the battery has died out on me twice (needed jump start) NO warranty cover
2) electrical rob. with door lock/arming system (currently replacing something in my driver door) warranty covered
3) driver window control switch sticks up and down position (replace under warranty)
4) check engine light (replace vacuum hoses) warranty covered
the dealer, McKenna in Hunting ton Beach, CA, told me that the vacuum hoses were cracked and broken causing my check engine light to come on. I asked if he thought that this was peculiar being the car is not very old at all and he said "Nope." just like that..
I told him I thought it was very strange.
also my battery needs to be replaced at my expense ($140) after only 3 years!!!!!! i asked him about it being related to the short with the door problem draining the battery and he said "Nope, it's just an old battery that needs replacing"
i told him that USUALLY batteries last 5 - 6 years minimum these days.. no response from him.
they've had my car 6 days now and i asked about getting a loner car because my warranty provides for one after the dealer keeps the car 24hrs.. he told me that they had no loners and that if i was told that by the sales person when i purchased the car, i was lied to..
he told me that "ALL salesmen LIE" those exact words came out of his mouth, i couldn't believe it!!!!
thanks VW of America!!!!!!!!!!!
ps. mine also burns approx. 1QT oil every 1000-1500mi