Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    indianriderindianrider Member Posts: 30
    Correction from

I agree. It is impossible to get the price that Raaga did. That is an amazing price. Really wondering if there were any catches at all but doesn't look like it. I would like to see the sales contract.

To

I agree. It is impossible in chicagoland to get the price that Raaga did.
  • Options
    capt41470capt41470 Member Posts: 38
    Hey guys

I just got an e-mail back form a dealer saying that the 06 accords should be out in 2 months. I was under the impression that they were coming out in september. Has anyone heard different, or is this correct? Thanks
    Kevin
  • Options
    jacky8508jacky8508 Member Posts: 4
    Hello everyone, it is going to be my first time buying a Honda. I'm wondering how much would an Accord EX 4 Cylinder AT with leather and Navigation system cost? I just want to know a reasonable offer to begin with. BTW, do I have to pay a subscription fee for the navigation system every year? Thank you!
    Jacky
  • Options
    blaneblane Member Posts: 2,017
    capt41470,

The dealer that emailed you is trying to move his 2005's. The 2006's will be in showrooms in September.
  • Options
    jgj2010jgj2010 Member Posts: 2
    I paid $23418.00 + tax.

Had mud tire guards, wheel locks, trunk mat thrown in (est. worth about $220 wholesale) options already added.

so net $23200 + tax.

GOOD DEAL OR BAD?
  • Options
    rbevz67rbevz67 Member Posts: 69
    NOt bad, isnt invoice 24,100 or so. So 900 under seems darn good.
  • Options
    What I heard is Sept 1st, they get to see the new Civic and Accord and by mid september, the first truck loads should be in.
  • Options
    biker4biker4 Member Posts: 746
    Browse this thread for a few pages and that should give you an idea of the going prices. There's no subsciption for the NAV but yearly updates are available should you want to have the latest maps.
  • Options
    Yeah, that's what it sounds like to me too! I thougth that was weird he was saying October when I benn hearing nothing but September. Thanks again!
  • Options
    petjapetja Member Posts: 4
    Bought Honda Accord LX, special edition with automatic transmission.in NJ for $17,000 even. The car came with a "protection package" - wheel locks and splash guards for free. In addition, I purchased only the Honda security system for $322.

You also have to add document prep. charge ($125), NJ sales tax of 6%, reg. fee ($55.20)
    and NJ tire fee ($7.50).
  • Options
    richards38richards38 Member Posts: 606
    Just my opinion, but only $900 under invoice for an '05 that will be a full model year old in just a couple of weeks is not a great deal.

Should be about $1500 under invoice at this point or wait for an '06 that will cost more, but will be worth it if affordable.........Richard
  • Options
    rain3rain3 Member Posts: 14
    I got mine at $16863.43 as base price and $18267.43 as OTD price :shades: .
    I made the deal w/ Willis Honda at NJ--same dealership that Raaga brought from. Many thanks to Raaga who referred a very nice and helpful dealer to me :), and other ppl who answered my questions (some of them are very stupid since I am a first-time-car-buyer :blush: ) during the last several weeks.
    Now I am done with the buying and will switch to the owner forum--more stupid questions are waiting for ppl there :P

Best ;)
  • Options
    rochuangrochuang Member Posts: 1
    I am living in Michigan. I want to buy 05 Accord EX-V4 AT w/o leather. I met several dealers and most of them offered me price above $21,500. One of dealers offere me $20,500 (include destination fee $500, but not include tax, title fee). I still want to negotiate with this dealer. But they don't want to lower the price and say $20,500 is lowest price they can give me.

Is this price fair and can I get lower price for the car :confuse: ? Could anyone help me ? Thank you.
  • Options
    windywoowindywoo Member Posts: 10
    I have received several internet quotes. The very lowest quote was $23737.00 plus tax, title, and fees. Even when replying back to the dealerships to discuss the price, they respond quite firmly that they are not going to go any lower in price. I don't know why the consumers in this area purchase at such high prices! Do you have any suggestions in obtaining a lower price? I would like some input. Thanks!
  • Options
    richards38richards38 Member Posts: 606
    This is typical. In June and July, prices are favorable. Then, in mid August, a week or 2 before the new model arrives, people start bidding up the prices of the remaining leftovers.

My suggestion continues to be that with such a puny discount from MSRP on a one year old car, get an '06 Accord.

There will be no line forming to buy the '06 because the Accord is well along in its life cycle now and there's lots of competition out there.

Don't get caught in a bidding war to buy what will be last year's car in a week or two..............Richard
  • Options
    pmurthypmurthy Member Posts: 1
    I'm in NY area looking for 05 Accord - LX 4 Dr. with AT. I went to a few dealers, got online quote at carsdirect. The lowest possible is $18,044 including Dest. Charge (online rate). I asked for $19,100 including dest. charge and taxes.but the dealer refused. Dealers ar telling me $18,400 + Tax.
    I wonder what should be a good deal in this area. Anyone else in the same boat? What are you paying. Wonder how people got $18,000 OTD prices. :confuse: , I wouldn't mind going to NJ to save >$1,000 but then do I have to pay for re-registration in NY?
    Please give your comments.

Thanks
  • Options
    raagaraaga Member Posts: 14
    Hi pmurthy,
    Dealers register for you in NY... As far as my knowledge no need to re register. Please give me your email address i will send you the contact details. I purchased Accord LX 4 Cycl AT one for $18257.70 including destination and TTL. I got the splash gurads, trunk tray and wheel locks included in the above cost.

Thanks
    -Raaga
  • Options
    rheorheo Member Posts: 4
    Petja,
    Did you also get your Accord from Willis Honda in Burlington?
    Thanks.
  • Options
    cdnjcdnj Member Posts: 2
    HI, would you care to share at which dealership in NJ you made your purchase?
    Appreciate the info.
    cdnj
  • Options
    keri1keri1 Member Posts: 7
    Rain3,

What trim line did you buy (DX, LX - auto or manual, 4cyl)?.

Keri
  • Options
    jacky8508jacky8508 Member Posts: 4
    hi everyone, do you guys know a good dealership around SF bay area? i got a quote from Anderson Honda(palo alto) for an Accord EX-L w/nav 4 cylinder for $24,883. I also got a quote from a dealer in Livermore for the same model but V6 only for $23,770. WHAT A BIG DIFFERENCE! i'm very surpirsed. so i'm just wondering if you guys know any good dealership here. thank you very much in advance.

jacky
  • Options
    That's right. Initially, Willis Honda offered $17,415, but I persuaded them to go down to
    $17,000 even. This seems even a better deal than Raaga and Rain3 got. You have to
    take into account a more than $300 difference in invoice prices for LX-4DR and LX-2DR SE.
    I think, I could go even lower than $17,000, but I did not think it was worth it.

Petja.
  • Options
    Willis Honda
    http://www.willishonda.com/

See also message #9325 of 9325.

Petja.
  • Options
    P.S. As of Aug. 16, after I bought my Accord, Willis Honda had only one Accord coupe left -
    black SE with AT.

You can also try Monmouth Honda Lakewood NJ 08701 (732) 370-9700
    On Aug 16 they had two Accord LX SE 2DRs left. I am quite sure they can match
    the price of $17,000, at least they offered $17,215 to me.

My advice would be to take a list of 20 nearest dealerships from Honda's website and
    call them one by one until you get the price you want. The whole thing takes 1-2 hrs and
    is much more efficient than going to dealerships in person.
  • Options
    glygly Member Posts: 12
    I took indianrider's advice and bought my 2005 4-door Accord LX with automatic transmission (and no other options) at Honda of Lisle, in Lisle, Illinois, near Chicago. The price I got was $17,900, which included the $515 destination fee, plus a $55 documents fee. I bought it on August 17. They originally asked for $17,995, but after "talking to the manager" the salesman quickly came down to my $17,900 offer. Tax in DuPage County, Illinois is 6.75%, which is less than it is in Cook County, and a lot less than it is in the city of Chicago. It was not a "hard sell" by the salesman. nash123 reported that he received some pressure at Honda of Lisle, but I did not. The salesman told me they have four managers there, who work different days. Maybe it's just a question of what combination of salesman/manager you get on the day you walk in. I am satisfied, both with the car and the buying experience. Thanks to both indianrider and nash123 for your help.
  • Options
    nash123nash123 Member Posts: 82
    Hey gly,

I am glad it worked out well for you. enjoy your ride....
  • Options
    joonjoon Member Posts: 121
    You should also try AutoWest in Fremont. In my past experience Anderson and AutoWest provided very aggressive quotes. $24,883 for EX-L w/ nav seems high. Is this OTD (includes TTL)? Or perhaps they quoted you the V6?

Good luck.
  • Options
    Good luck with your car.
  • Options
    saxe10595saxe10595 Member Posts: 35
    Just picked up Accord LX 4 auto from Willis Honda in NJ 16874+125 doc fee+35 temp registration(paid total of 17024 OTD without taxes and registration/title)and will get it registered here in NY where I will pay taxes at the time of registration. It was worth a drive from Westchester County as none of the dealers were even close to 700-900 dollars from this deal. Thanks to Raaga and Rain3 here at this board, as before I had a quote from DCH Paramus honda NJ at 17468 includes dest. but my wife wanted Blue or black -and they were searching at other dealerships for blue as none of them seems to have blue. I thought Willis was too far away. I called them last night and they told me to come today and when I went there- car was ready-though we got black as it seems no one has blue at this time. Black was my favorite so we setteled this deal at almost 600 less than DCH paramus. Service was smooth and I test drove the vehicle after doing proper inspection-odometer was at 5 miles.
  • Options
    missbdimissbdi Member Posts: 1
    Since I signed the contract for my 2005 Honda Accord EX-L last Saturday with HONDA VILLAGE IN NEWTON, MASS (near Boston), my experience with the dealer has been outrageously bad. I was promised my car would be ready by Thursday night. At 2PM on Thursday, 4 hours before my scheduled pickup, the dealer called to say the car they had for me had 700 miles on it (not 70 as they thought) and the car could not be given to me. I was promised a loaner car. When I called back an hour later to claim my loaner car, they had given it away, and they had no other car for me. My dealer did not return my calls for hours, and the manager was exceedingly rude. They then promised to have a car by Saturday morning. Friday at 5PM, they called to tell me that since a second car did not pan out (it had too many miles on it too), they had to get a third car, which could not be ready because they couldn't get plates in time. $24,000 later, I have no car!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: Don't be conned by this dealer!
  • Options
    Hi Missbdi

Checkout at Boch Honda in Norwood, MA. They have a large collection-I guess largest in MA and their prices are much cheaper than others. I lives in MA before I moved here in NY area. Check through carsdirect and then negotiate the best price-usually 400-500 dollars cheape than carsdirect if you negotiate well with the dealer and no need to take crap from a dealer like that.
  • Options
    ezshift5ezshift5 Member Posts: 858
    ...$4-5 hundred under carsdirect.com........

1. Would be a great deal......

2. Would be circa $1800 under invoice.....

3. 7-24-05, an Accord EX V-6 Coupe 6-speed (0 NAV) came into my garage via CarsDirect @ $1350 below invoice.........

...GO!!

..all the best, ez
  • Options
    kcdealersuckskcdealersucks Member Posts: 1
    I am looking for a Accord, EX 3.0, V6, 4DR, AT without navigation. I am in Kansas city area and this is first time I am buying a new car. Prices in Kansas city are much higher compared to posts which I read here. Initially I got quote $24500 + TTL but after spoke to dealer in person they are ready to sell for $23400 + TTL. Is this a good price? Any experience in KC area?

As I thought this price is still high. I asked the quote from dealer in Chicago area. I don't mind going there and driving back. One of the dealer has given me a quote of $22500 + TTL. I am ready to buy car for this price. Is it possible to buy car in IL and pay tax, register the car in state of KS. Just want to make sure this is a possible deal.
  • Options
    how far a drive is it from westchester county, and what dealerships in westchester county did u try? just curious b/c I'm from around the area too. Thanks
  • Options
    Willis Honda is 2 hrs away -almost 100 miles. I treid White plains honda, Curry and Yonkers honda. I guess some place in queens I was getting around 17800 including dest. DCH paramus is only 30 min. from Westchester they gave me the price for 17468 including dest.(with in few miles after GWB). This deal at Willis came with trunk tray, splash gaurd and wheel locks installed at no cost- which costs almost 300 dollars.
  • Options
    urokurok Member Posts: 4
    I just purchased a Accord 05 for $21,351 AT EX with Leather 4Cyc there was $20 electric res $99 dealer prep. $171 tags and reg. This dealer is in Maryland. Can anyone top that? Please advise. Thank you.
  • Options
    mathakidmathakid Member Posts: 4
    That does seem like a high price. I was quoted $22,900 for an EX w/ leather and navigation from AutoWest, and $19,749 for a standard EX (no leather, no nav). AutoWest didn't have a standard EX in graphite pearl, though, so I took their quote to Anderson. Anderson beat it by $100 and had the color I wanted, so I bought it from there for $21,538 out the door (Standard EX without leather or nav, in graphite pearl).

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    mt56mt56 Member Posts: 15
    I just bought a graphite pearl 2005 Accord Coupe LX special edition from Gillman Honda in Schertz, TX (near San Antonio) today. The sales manager was so incredibly nice, and the sales representative was sweet also. I called in early this afternoon and asked if he had the color car I was interested in...he said no, but he would get it from Austin with less than 100 miles on it. I mentioned holdback and FTD incentive, and I was able to get an OTD of $19,927. That included the protection package, which he threw in at no extra cost and tint ($195, which unfortunately I had to pay for). It was a very SMOOTH transaction...I was in and out in 1.5 hours. They did not pressure me to buy extra stuff at all. Since I wouldn't get the car until Monday, he gave me a loaner car to use until then. I recommend this dealership 100%!!!

If you want the name of the sales manager, I'd be more than happy to give it to you. :)
  • Options
    biker4biker4 Member Posts: 746
    You'd have to ask the Chicago dealer what is possible for out of state buyers - but that sure sounds like the way to go.
  • Options
    vtvtecvtvtec Member Posts: 3
    I live in Northern Virginia and the dealer I went to is SHEEHY HONDA on route 1.

Ok, here is the break down:

VEHICL COST: $17,565 (including destination)
    3% VA TAX : $ 535
    TAG&TITLE : $ 110
    TOTAL --------------$ 18,210 (including floor mats and mud guards)

Now, if I really wanted I could've haggled and probably could've gotten rid of the $290 processing fee or have it reduced, but I wanted the dealer to make some profit too. So, the bottom line was $18,210 + $290 processing fee for OTD price of $18,500. To me life is not about squeezing every last dollar from the dealer and getting the absolutest lowest price in the East Coast. There's more to life than getting the best deal on earth.

A great car at a great price! which I believe was accomplished in my case today.
    Oh yeah, I also got 3.5% financing too from USAA. (i'm in the army).

For fellow Virginians, I first went to Tysons Rosenthal, and they laughed at my offer of $18,500 OTD, so I went to Landmark, and they said the best they can do is $19,000 OTD. So I went to Sheehy and basically told the manager and the sales dude that if I can get the LX AT 4-cylinder for $18,500 OTD I'll buy right now, but if I don't I'm gonna walk away and continue to drive my 97 Maxima. And the manager offered me $18,900 so I told him NO. And he wanted to meet me halfway at $18,700, so I told him that's a NO as well. I got up and started to walk and that's when he was like "OK MAN, YOU HAVE A DEAL!". I believe I got a very good deal, especially with the free floormats and the mud guards, which basically negates the processing fee. Oh yeah, my Accord is nighthawk black and it is gorgeous. That was the only color I wanted.

For some reason, Rosenthal and Sheehy had no customers, but Landmark was very very very busy. That's probably why Landmark wouldn't budge as they had people coming through the door every 5 minutes. If you want a good deal in this area go to Sheehy. You can email me and I can give you more information.
  • Options
    akaristosakaristos Member Posts: 18
    I am in te market for an Accord 05 EXL but manual. What is that dealer in MD? If you have any suggestions for contacts, please let me know. Many thanks.
  • Options
    tommister2tommister2 Member Posts: 393
    Good deal! I have a question about your rate. USAA doesn't have a rate of 3.5% advertised, did you get them to match someone else's rate?

Tom in Virginia
    2011 Toyota Camry, 2014 Jeep Wrangler, 2017 Honda Civic Coupe, 2019 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XSE, 2021 Toyota Tundra, 2022 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Tesla Model 3
  • Options
    vtvtecvtvtec Member Posts: 3
    Yes, the 3.5% rate is not advertised. It's actually called a "newly commissioned loan" and it's only for people who recently got commissioned. A bunch of us got new cars using that loan. I think i'ts fantastic! You can't get that rate anywhere nowdays.
  • Options
    rain3rain3 Member Posts: 14
    It's a LX AUTO 4cyl.
  • Options
    suzannaflsuzannafl Member Posts: 84
    On used car, only the remaining time/milage left on the 3year/36,000 miles is sold with the car.
    If a new 2005 car is sold when the 2006s are already out, does the 3 year new car warranty go down to 2 years?

Thanks,
    S
  • Options
    jmaxejmaxe Member Posts: 198
    It carries the 3 yr/36k warranty.
  • Options
    ronsteveronsteve Member Posts: 1,195
    The time on the warranty (3 years in the case of the bumper-to-bumper on an Accord) starts on the in-service date. So if you buy a car tomorrow (Aug 22, 2005), the 3 years of your warranty will run until Aug 22, 2008. If you buy a car new on Dec 1, 2005, whether it's an '05 or an '06, the 3-year warranty runs through Dec 1, 2008.
    2015 Acura RDX AWD / 2021 VW TIguan SE 4Motion
  • Options
    ronsteveronsteve Member Posts: 1,195
    ...Ok, here is the break down:

VEHICL COST: $17,565 (including destination)
    3% VA TAX : $ 535
    TAG&TITLE : $ 110
    TOTAL --------------$ 18,210 (including floor mats and mud guards)

Now, if I really wanted I could've haggled and probably could've gotten rid of the $290 processing fee or have it reduced, but I wanted the dealer to make some profit too. So, the bottom line was $18,210 + $290 processing fee for OTD price of $18,500.

======================================================

So the number we can all compare "apples to apples" is $17855 :)
    2015 Acura RDX AWD / 2021 VW TIguan SE 4Motion
  • Options
    akaristosakaristos Member Posts: 18
    May I ask what are all the options included in that price? Thanks
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    One important key to a successful, vibrant online community is having the conversation take place where everyone can benefit from the questions and answers. Therefore, we highly discourage "email me" requests within a post. As we like to have the discussion in the Forums, these posts have been removed. An email exchange of answers deprives the community of valuable information. Including your email address in posts also risks your security by exposing it to those who will use it maliciously. If you would like your address available to other registered members, click on 'Preferences' and mark your email address 'public'.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews