Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    gervais27gervais27 Member Posts: 1
    I just received an internet quote for:

The 2007 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan AT is currently selling for:

$21,555 + tax & lic

So that was their first quote so i'm sure they will come down if I actually call them and haggle. This was in Northern California.
  • Options
    jijomjijom Member Posts: 5
    I got the below quote. Wondering if this a good buy?
    Please comment.
    Thanks

OTD $22,915 - (includes all these - Freight $595, Appearance Package $595, Processing $290, 3.17% Tax, Tag $44)
  • Options
    jaymkjaymk Member Posts: 86
    Congrats,
    Can you please let us know how much was it before the taxes?
    Thankyou
  • Options
    vin2007vin2007 Member Posts: 3
    Thank you. It is around 22,250 before taxes. good luck for your search.
  • Options
    abcsummerabcsummer Member Posts: 7
    Hi arnp99, I hope you are still monitoring this site. Would you please share which city and dealer you have bought your Accord? Thanks.
  • Options
    he8833he8833 Member Posts: 52
    Its been awhile since I visted the boards any color on what people are seeing for prices on SE v6 07 in the Midwest. I will be shopping Wilde Honda and some dealers in Northern Chicago. If anyone has had a great experience latelty with a dealer in this area please share by sending me a email on my profile or by posting in the forum.

Also what is the latest dealer incentive?
  • Options
    dwynnedwynne Member Posts: 4,018
    Grand used to have some nice prices in their ads. Folks in the Chicagoland area used to post scans of the ads on the S2000 board for those of us without a discounting local dealer could drool over them. It has been a few years, so maybe they are not as cheap now?

Dennis
  • Options
    blufz1blufz1 Member Posts: 2,045
    If you had a great experience with a dealer you paid too much. :)
  • Options
    Well said :blush:
  • Options
    I know your a regular blufz1...... care to share any information, been awful busy lately havent followed the boards as of late.
  • Options
    Same old 6's and 7's, man. :)
  • Options
    ncruzerncruzer Member Posts: 18
    kingsfan2,

I am in Nor Cal. also and looking to buy EX, can you share which dealer quoted you. :shades:
  • Options
    frankcjamesfrankcjames Member Posts: 26
    Hi; I am looking at the same care in the Kansas City area. Did your numbers include the documentation fee? I've gotten an initial online quote of 22300 + 299.95 documentation fee + Tax/tag to register. This seems to be inline with the TMV at Edmunds....any and all feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

Frank :)
  • Options
    ddwmewddwmew Member Posts: 42
    A dealer in Northern VA is willinng to sell an 07 EX with Auto for $19.K.
    The 19K includes the dealer installed Honda Value Package (HVP)($630) which includes: Door Edge Guards, Wheel Well Guards, Pin Stripes, Mud Guards, Floor Mats (where applicable), Wheel Locks (where applicable).

The HVP is extra profit in my mind.

The 19K does NOT include the following:

Freight:
    TTL
    Processing Fee:

Is it a fair price to offer $19K - 630 = $18370 for the vehicle.
  • Options
    tallman1tallman1 Member Posts: 1,874
    Is it a fair price to offer $19K - 630 = $18370 for the vehicle.

You are making us assume a few things.... like is this an I4 sedan? Assuming it is...

Over $2000 below invoice isn't exactly a problem, is it? I doubt if you'll be able to buy it for much less but it never hurts to ask.

Of course, the better questions to ask are how much is that "processing fee" and do you have a trade?
  • Options
    Yep,

Forgot the vehicle is an 4 cylinder. Processing fee is $289 which is consistent with most dealers in Northern VA. Don't have a trade.

Don't believe the invoices listed on various websites is the true invoice. In the early 2000 the price difference between MSRP and invoice was much greater .... than the average 10% posted on websites today.

Also, dealers push this invoice + a few hundred dollars to
    make customers feel good about their purchase. In my opinion the term 'invoice' is use to loosely for any real meaning.

Who determines the invoice price used on websites?
  • Options
    thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    Floor mats come with the vehicle standard from Honda, so throw that out of our equation. They aren't "throwing them in."
  • Options
    There ain't no fair!!!! You are buying a car!!!!! Start at 19k including the dest and processing fee. Put your checkbook in your shirt pocket. Be nice, assess your offer and their behavior. Walk if you have too. They will be calling you back, if you make it to your car. Remember,be nice! If you walk, leave the door open for them by saying "that's all I can pay today",or equivalent language.
  • Options
    The dealer installs the Honda Value Package on all of their cars. They did include a note that floor mats and wheel locks as applicable depending on the car.

Again it is just a technique to increase profit.

------------------------------------------------------
    Honda Value Package which includes: Door Edge Guards, Wheel Well Guards, Pin Stripes, Mud Guards, Floor Mats (where applicable), Wheel Locks (where applicable)
  • Options
    I never pay for that side sticker stuff, I either pay my price and ignore it or simply go to another dealership. While their may be few choices if you are shopping a MB, BMW, Infiniti, Saab, etc most places there are tons of Honda dealerships to choose from. If you are willing to travel a bit then there are many more.

Dennis
  • Options
    kingsfan2kingsfan2 Member Posts: 22
    The quote I was refering to came from Vacaville Honda.
    Later I got a 22995 for an EX-L AT w Nav inc fog lights
    from University Honda in Davis.
  • Options
    dmodegirlydmodegirly Member Posts: 2
    Im heading to the Honda dealer tomorrow to look at some cars and negotiate. I used autobytel and had the local dealer contact me with a quote for the car:

New Vehicle Option
    2007 Honda Accord EX sedan
    Your Exclusive Internet Price Is
    $20,403*

This price includes the $595 destination charge. Considering CA tax is 8.25% and license is unknown, can anyone tell me what they think a fair OTD price for the car is? Can I get it for 22K OTD?
  • Options
    sychinsychin Member Posts: 10
    Here's a calculator to figure tax and license for the state of California from the DMV - https://mv.dmv.ca.gov/FeeCalculatorWeb/newVehicleForm.do
  • Options
    jushuajushua Member Posts: 1
    Do you mind sharing the NCal dealer you used?
  • Options
    dmodegirlydmodegirly Member Posts: 2
    It's a so cal dealer. Gardena Honda...
  • Options
    The quotes that I have received recently on 2007 EX-L w/o Nav AT are all contingent on taking delivery by 7/5. I'm not in need of the car until beinning of September (baby is due two weeks after and I don't want to push out any further). Not having bought a new car before, should I expect the Kansas City area to maintain some level of inventory of the 2007's, and would you veterans out there expect there to be similar or better pricing available at that time? Would be open to general advice/feedback, not just KC-based area. Thanks and happy Father's Day guys!

Cheers,

Frank
  • Options
    arnp99arnp99 Member Posts: 12
    Hi ABC,
    The dealer was Honda Cars of Bellevue just south of Omaha, NE. The entire experience was pleasant. Best of luck to you.
  • Options
    arnp99arnp99 Member Posts: 12
    Hey Frank,
    The 21,500 included destination ($595) but not TTL. The dealer's doc fee was $32. It appears to me that Edmunds TMV prices do not reflect the generous incentives now being offered. I had an offer of $21,900 + about $85 doc fee in Manhattan, KS on same vehicle. Check with the Little Apple dealer in Manhattan. I had nice interactions with them but my travel plans to that area changed so I purchased closer to home. I know you can do better than 22600. Hope this is helpful. Good luck and let me know how you do!
  • Options
    arnp99,

Thanks for the feedback. Low price I've gotten so far is 21,800 OTD, and this is first round of bids. We'll see what happens...appreciate it!

Cheers,

fcj
  • Options
    Happy Father's Day to you too.

The current deals run out then, after that they can either extend the same deals, increase or reduce them, or have no deals at all. We have no idea, it all depends on how many cars they sell this month and how many more Honda has in stock and in the pipeline.

The deals are LIKELY to get better later, but selection may dwindle and for sure by September all the good dealers may be out of stock.

Why can't you just go ahead and get the car now? These are some of the best deals I have ever seen on Accords - some places have $1,200 in dealer money on some sedans and $750 on others (seems like about every place has $750 now).

Dennis
  • Options
    Dennis,

well, it's all a matter of timing. I hadn't actually looked to get the car until a few months from now. We were down to one vehicle due to some "fun" that we had with our paid-off '98 Passat (let's not even start on that), and I've got a loaner from a family member who'll be out of the country until October - problem solved, right? While the timing on that seemed to be serendipitous, from what I've read so are the latest price breaks on the Accords. The money saved by not having a car payment for a couple of extra months would be nice, but not at the expense at losing out on a great deal.

Fun, what life throws at you sometimes... :P

cheers,

fcj
  • Options
    Well a free to use car and no payment for a couple of months may offset any difference in savings.

It could end up like a "Dutch auction" - they may keep dropping the prices from now until they run out of 07s. So the longer you wait, the less you pay - except the other folks are buying up the cars. Wait long enough and you may have few choices. The new 08 design means no deals most places as all the "got to have it first" folks overpay.

No one knows but Honda, and they may not KNOW - they may just decide as they see the sales figures.

There are worse things in life than getting a new Honda at or below dealer invoice. Anytime you can do that, it is a good thing. So what if someone else pays a little less?

Dennis
  • Options
    I agree, Dennis; I'll see how things go and will keep the board posted on how pricing continues in the KC area. Thanks for the help!
  • Options
    Hey FrankCjames,

In your travels if you happen to be talking price could you see what SE V6's are being quoted in KC for? I'm in the midwest as well and would like to get a ballpark idea as to what the "midwesterns" are going to pay for this particular vechile.

Just to go off what Dwynne was saying, in additional to him really know his stuff, I have been following these boards since early Feb. The point of not waiting too long is certainly true. Dwynne is point on, just last month I was corresponding with another memeber who bought out of Chicago and received both the 2.9 APR and 1000 dealer incentive off the vechile. While he was lucky enough to get both, one does not even have ability to even choose bewteen APR and dealer money as the special financing is no longer offered by Honda. To futher highlight how good of deals people are getting right now, I was seeing no one get a SE V6 below 20,500 now they are being bought below 20,000. To be able to get vechile stability control and V6 for under 20,000 in my mind is a hell of a deal, especially when like you #2 kiddo will be coming end of Aug
  • Options
    rj5324rj5324 Member Posts: 8
    Great site - been reading for a couple of weeks. Looking for some process assistance.

Situation: received internet quotes for EX-L I4 AT. I'm in DC/MD. Haven't made any dealer phone calls or emails.

Specific cars or options are not listed in quotes - When do I ask for OTD or price attached to specific car? I don't want any dealer options.

What is best method of negotiating? Should I email for a period or phone calls? Should I go to the dealership with a deal in hand or continue to negotiate at the dealership after I have a good internet quote?

I've looked at the incentives and rebates. It shows $750 and $1200 - don't know if they would apply to me, since they are mfg to dealer incentives. How do I make sure that applicable incentives are applied?

Should I be asking for a larger price reduction? Since Accord is coming to end of model shortly.

Any other tips/techniques are appreciated?

thanks
    rj
  • Options
    Don't Ask!!!!!!! Tell them what you can pay today!!!! Do your Edmunds homework in advance so you know the cost of the car! In your example take the dealer invoice price including destination. Deduct the 750,deduct the 1250. Deduct the dealers holdback @ 2%. That is the dealers cost to the best of public knowledge. It is also your first offer. Assess the dealers reaction to each offer you make as you incrementally increase you offer. 2nd offer is at cost + .5 of the holdback. 3rd offer is at cost +.75 of holdback. Then you politely tell them that is all you can pay today and you need to shop some more. Thank them for their time and walk at a normal pace to your car. They'll either follow you out or call you the next day or so. Good luck.
  • Options
    rj5324rj5324 Member Posts: 8
    Looking for same car in MD - who did you work with?
  • Options
    bbangbbang Member Posts: 10
    Hi fcj,

When you say OTD price, does it include tax? thanks

bigbang1
  • Options
    m9j5cm9j5c Member Posts: 4
    I'm new to this whole thing so bear with me. I just started looking for an Accord V6 EX w/o nav here in Upstate NY. I emailed 6 dealerships to start the process and so far the lowest price I have received is $24,014.57 plus TTL. Wanted to know if this was a good deal and what a fair OTD price would be? Also I am a big fan of extended warranties so thanks to whomever put the link to the Saccucci HondaCare Website, those are the best prices I have seen thus far.
  • Options
    thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    That sounds reasonable, assuming this is inclusive of all fees the dealer intends to add in. If you feel comfortable once you go to the dealer and get a feel for them, I'd say go for it.
  • Options
    Invoice on the V6 EX is $25,414, so as long as the dealer included the $595 destination fee in your quote - and does not charge a huge doc fee that is a nice price.

Edmunds shows $750 or $1,200 dealer money on the car - it appears the $1,200 is on the I4 Accord.

Dennis
  • Options
    Look at the incentives on this car on Edmunds. It appears to be 750 + 1200= $1950 in incentives. I wouldn't pay 'em more than 23450.
  • Options
    boopycarboopycar Member Posts: 3
    Hi, I'm a long time reader and first time poster. I just put money down on a new Accord EX-L V6 w/ NAV over the weekend. I thought I got a great deal but it seems that those people going in over the weekend did slightly better than I. I got the car for $25,100 +TTL. The documentation fee was $120 and then PA tax is 6%. What's been said is true, the 2.9% - 4.9% financing was pulled. The sales person told me that it was because they sold a ton of EX's in a few weeks with that promotion. I'm not going to beat myself up thinking I could have done better.

I do have to thank these boards because I bought a Murano last year, armed with everything I found here. And then this year buying the Accord for MUCH less than I thought.

THanks.
  • Options
    charhondacharhonda Member Posts: 3
    Hi frank, I hope you are still monitoring this site. Would you please share which city and dealer you have this quota? This OTD price includes tax? Thanks. Charles
  • Options
    I'll be happy to let you know what might be out there.

By the way, I was wondering how the marketing support comes in, and how to use that to drive theprice a little lower if possible. With app 1900 in incentives ight now, are these figures alreadybuilt into the price quotes I've been getting? Just curious as a first time new car buyer -happy to receive any and all feedback in this. Thanks!

fcj
  • Options
    I'm trying to figurethatout right now(waiting to hear back from the dealers)
  • Options
    hi,

$21800 is at Independence Honda (KCmetro area), and does not include tax. Yougetting anything better? Let meknow....

fcj
  • Options
    I think that is one or the other - $1,250 on the I4 models (or on certain I4 models) and $750 on the rest.

It does vary by region with many regions not having the $1,200 incentive.

Dennis
  • Options
    gvr4wdgvr4wd Member Posts: 23
    Most dealers in DC gave me quote + dealer installed accessories. If you go to a Honda dealer, it's impossible to find one without dealer accessories. This adds $1000 to your price most of the time. Get the OTD price from several dealer in the area and let them beat the best you get. I've found that the Jim Colemen Honda dealer in Clarksville is very aggressive on the pricing.....
  • Options
    slisstudentslisstudent Member Posts: 40
    The wording on the dealer incentives seems to have changed because I could have sworn that a week ago, it read that the $1200 was for EX trim sedans and the $750 was for other trims.

Anyhow, responding to message # 15267, I would use the approach mentioned by chrylsersrt8 in post # 15222 - which unfortunately for me, doesn't apply to CR-V's....:

invoice (including destination) for EX-L v-6___25,415_
    -minus holdback___(548)____
    -minus dealer cash___(1200)____
    = triple net price $23,667

Thus, your price works out to a 1.47% "profit" (based on triple net price) for the dealer. In my inexpert opinion, this is a good deal.

Here's a snapshot of what others have been paying for same:

post# 15131 $22,900
    post# 15180 $23,511
    post# 15134 $22,919
    post# 15267 $24,015
    post# 15178 $24,448
    post# 15148 $24,475