Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• bran9192bran9192 Member Posts: 23
    Ok guy's I'm ready to purchase my EX L. I'm following up with all quote's I have received from several dealers. I have one particular dealer who has emailed me back and forth having yet to give me a quote. She's tells me they were entertain a reasonable offer. The lowest quote I have OTD is $22563.88 + $399 doc & $300 txw/4% interest. What would be a reasonable offer to this dealership that wouldn't be an insult? I would really like to pick the car up today.....
    Oh ok, my bad! I apologize. Well I can't find the what the max the dealer pays or the wholesale/retail on the options on the web, other than CR. Would you mind pointing me in the direction of obtaining this info if you know where it can be found? Please??? I really want to pick it up today.......lol
  • mffnikemffnike Member Posts: 2
    Nice tamoshanter!

Similar deal..my fees and taxes (6.25%) were included in the deal, 27.5k OTD, including the appearance package (mud guards, pinstripes, wheel locks, trunk tray); it was an automatic as well.
  • bug4bug4 Member Posts: 370
    I don't mean to offend you with my response - but you asked . . . . . :) I think you hurt yourself by sending that message. You have an advantage if the salesman knows you know your stuff . . . . you may have a disadvantage if the salesman just thinks your a blow-hard who wants to bully them into the lowest deal possible. From everything I've ever heard on this board and otherwise, your offer of 2% below invoice plus all the holdback at $2,500 is nothing short of ridiculous and gives the impression of being uneducated about both the current market and the dealership's true costs/incentive structure. Perhaps you were just "puffing" to get the best price -- but I think you have to do it in a way that gives you credibility - not in a way that just makes it sound like you are unreasonable. That's my $.02
  • jebinc1jebinc1 Member Posts: 198
    Renton Honda, believe it or not. You have to go through the Internet group. There are four people there who do not work on commission individually. Lynnwood Honda will sell at invoice.
  • steelblue314steelblue314 Member Posts: 25
    Oh, believe me I'm not offended at all! But thanks for checking. It's no secrect that I'm obviously a "rookie" when it comes to "dealing with the sales sharks" at the dealer. That's why I posted, to see what people who have experience negotiating prices thought. Oh and YES I was "puffing" to get the best price. But I did read in this forum about a "$2500.00 dealer hold back or something to that effect. Since you know how to "do it in a way that gives me credibility", TELL ME PLEASE!
    Well - I don't claim to get the best deals ever. But, IMHO, some of the deals posted on this thread are unrealistic and don't tell the whole story. Plus, I'm not sure it is realistic to compare a deal you can get in Cheyenne, Wyoming with a deal that some guy claims he got in Portland or New York or Charlotte etc.

In any event, I think the best way to negotiate is by making an offer that is $200 to $500 below what you think they will go for. Ultimately, the closer you come to their real bottom line, the more serious they will take you. For example, what if you knew a dealership could sell an Accord for $23,200 - and you write their internet sales department and offer them 23,200 -- and you include a detailed explanation of exactly how you get to that number. That gives them very little wiggle room and indicates to the salesman that you know your stuff. That, in my opinion, is the best way to negotiate (because there is very little negotiation). However, since we virtually never know the exact number at which a dealership will sell a vehicle, then you have to play a bit of a game and go slightly below the amount for which you believe the dealer is willing to give up the vehicle. In this kind of negotiation where the dealer has a fixed bottom line, you want to be forced to move as little as possible from your original number. The more you move, the more you indicate that you 1) weren't serious in the first place and 2) didn't have a realistic idea what the car can be sold for. [The fact that the bottom line is fixed at a relatively well-defined number greatly affects the way you negotiate a new car deal as compared with other types of negotiations -- its even different than negotiating on used cars -- particularly older used cars.]

Unlike many other negotiations, when negotiating the price of a new car, most of the factors which go into the dealer's bottom line can be known by the buyer. That's a huge advantage to the buyer.

One final thing -- be courteous and reasonable. But, having said that, also make sure the salesman knows that you are willing to walk away. Make damn sure you known what "fair" is -- and then, if a salesman pulls something on you that isn't fair - just walk away. Buyers get too embarrassed or too set on owning a specific car to simply walk away. If a buyer overcomes that simple tendency, they are way ahead of the game.

Oh yea --- Good luck! Luck never hurts!
    See bug4, NOW YOU'RE TALKING! I want to thank you for those encouraging words. I guess part of my frustration (at the dealership) stems from getting greased on my 4.5 month old 2007 trade-in for the Nitro. I just don't trust dealerships anymore, that's why I offered an unrealistically insane price. Hey, maybe to him I sounded like a fool, maybe not, but it made me feel good! :D Thank you again.
  • mplshondadlrmplshondadlr Member Posts: 409
    I wonder why other Twin Cities dealer are not able to match or better the prices.

I wouldn't say that any dealer cant macth or beat the price - we simply dont need to. Currently RB is in last place for sales volume (04/25), so they are trying to ramp up some volume business. As I said, it's a good store filled with good people. You are getting a great deal and as a consumer I dont fault you one bit.

Congrats on your Accord.
    If I could take it one step further: email as many dealers in your aera as you can. Sort the quotes to the two or three lowest - if your lucky they'll be close to your house. Next, call the dealers the are the second and third lowest and tell them you have this price quote which you will be happy to forward ONCE they agreed to match the price.

Make sure they have the color instock!

Make sure you get a complete OTD value before anything. Then make a deal!

On the day you should pick the car up, call the dealer and tell them you just got a call back from X dealer and they dropped the price another $100.00. Odds are they to will drop the price another $100.00 to keep the business.

As for your Nitro, good luck. I'm sorry but the value of those tank as soon as you drive it off the lot :( I really dont think a dealer is trying to screw you over.
    mplshondadlr -- You just struck a cord with me there . . . . .I TOTALLY disagree with calling the dealer and telling them that another dealer just dropped the price another $100. That is EXACTLY why internet sales people have to be so guarded and why you don't get the best experience through internet sales. :mad: If you expect them to be fair to you, I think you have to be fair to them. Play hardball - but play fair. . . .
    It happens to me every day. I dont get mad, it's just become "part" of the business. While I stive to be up-front with pricing (no hidden fee's or added accessories), well over half the people that agree to the figures presented try to pull this. I gotta feed my kids.

Remeber, advice is free and your are free to spend your money however you wish.

Happy shopping :)
  • dwynnedwynne Member Posts: 4,018
    "Reasonable offer" is just dealer BS. Who gets to decide what is reasonable? The dealer, so the phrase is without meaning.

If you want to buy, take invoice less incentive and less 2% of MSRP and add $200-300 profit for the dealer back onto it. Offer them that for the Pilot, destination, and any and all dealer prep or doc fees. That, to me, is a reasonable offer for a guzzler in $4 gallon times AND a replacement due next month. If the dealer does not find that reasonable, well what did you expect :D ?

And never be afraid to "insult" a dealer, they are used to that :D . But don't make unrealistic offers either - let them make some money on the deal. Picking some number out of thin air and making that your offer may make them think you don't know what you are doing and they may just ignore you.

Dennis
    I guess part of my frustration (at the dealership) stems from getting greased on my 4.5 month old 2007 trade-in for the Nitro. I just don't trust dealerships anymore, that's why I offered an unrealistically insane price. Hey, maybe to him I sounded like a fool, maybe not, but it made me feel good!

If you buy a new car and then want to dump it after 4.5 months you WILL get hosed big time. What did you expect? Mopar can't give them away, but yours USED will hold good value? You will either take a beating on it or will just have to drive it and hope and some time you can get out from under it. It is worse with a car that does not hold value well, but even a new Honda would kill you if you decided to trade it after 4.5 months. If you change your mind, then you have to pay - in almost every case.

And yes, making a ridiculous offer does make you look like a fool - but at least you said you feel better :D .

Dennis
    Invoice, hold back, and incentives are available right here on Edmunds, you can also check carsdirect.com, KBB, etc. There are no "options" on most Honda vehicles, there are dealer accessories - is that what you are asking about? On cars with factory options (like the RES on the Pilot) that is shown on the same sites that have the invoice pricing.

Accessories are usually big rip offs and I have seen folks who got great deals on the vehicle get taken on the add ons and them maybe even sign for an extended warranty for 2x or more than what the dealer pays! You can check the prices for this stuff at H and A or other online Honda dealers and even ebay. For the stuff you don't want to install yourself, you have to decide what it is worth to have it done and that plus discounted price would be what you should pay. The other stuff just "do it yourself" and save.

If you want to support CR and pay them $14 that is up to you, they are a worthy group - but the info you need to get a great deal is available without spending that money.

Dennis
    Dwynne,
    Thanks for the tips and I have looked everywhere edmunds,carsdirect, etc. I'm picking mine up at 8:30 in the morning and feel I got a good price of 23,263 OTD that I can live with.... thanks everyone!
  • rv99rv99 Member Posts: 6
    Can someone please tell me how much recent cash buyers have paid as the ‘base price’ as well as the ‘Out the Door’ price for the 2008 Honda Accord LX Sedan Automatic, and how to figure how much less the cash buyer must pay than the buyers who lease this car or who borrow to buy. I did check leasr terms on Honda company site today, but I could not answer these questions. Thanks. RV
  • buy_hondabuy_honda Member Posts: 6
    Where do you live? OTD $22563.88 has already include tax?
    That's a really good price for a EXL I4 AT.
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    The post was really confusing, but it looks like they were saying it was $22563 + $399 doc fee plus $300 tax. Very unclear because I doubt sales tax is that low or would come to an even dollar amount of $300.

It would be clear if they would post the total minus only the taxes and license fee.
    Doc fee is really part of the selling price.
  • fredman1fredman1 Member Posts: 1
    If I hear that 'I gotta feed my kids' line one more time, I'm gonna scream.

I gotta feed MY kids, too !

My experiences with Internet buying are this - largely worthless.
    I e-mailed dealers in LA, Inland Empire, Phoenix, Dallas, Houston, Miami, Atlanta, and the price difference from the highest to the lowest was about $250. Whoopee.
    EXCEPT FOR - Inland Empire - they were ALL about $900 lower than ALL the other dealers - WHY ?
    I have been in LOTS of showrooms the last 3 weeks, and I can tell you they are largely deserted, void of buyers. WHY ? Yep - Honda dealers too ! You don't have to lower the price because you 'don't need to' ? Fine by me, I can save a lot of money at just about any other make of car dealer, and I will.
    Will that car be 'as good as' a Honda ?
    Well, anymore, probably. Five - and even three years ago you could argue that, today I'm not so sure. I can buy a Fusion that has more options than an Accord for $5,000+ less. No, it's not a Honda, it's a Ford, today I'm not so sure that matters much anymore.
    I don't think it is possible for that low OTD price. Maybe I mixed up. Is it for a EXL 4I AT SEDAN?
    I'm in dallas, TX. Got the lowest internet quote $23,160 (just included destination, but without TTL). Asked the next two low quote $23,500. They said can not match and it is unreal. I drive to a dealer nearby. They have one in stock with appearance package. I asked $23,500. initially they didn't agree. But called me after i back home and agreed on that price. Is this a fair price for EXL 4I sedan w/o navigation?
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    "I asked $23,500. initially they didn't agree. But called me after i back home and agreed on that price. Is this a fair price for EXL 4I sedan w/o navigation?"

So let me get this straight... you made an offer and the agreed... now you are questioning your offer?
    You might want read the context which the line was written before you enter an elongated tirade. I have been nothing but frank about the car shopping experince when it comes to Honda. I have added insight to this board which is mostly not shared with the buying public.

You on the other hand, have not added value to any discussion here. I presume you live in the L.A. basin, why would email Houston, Miami and Atlanta? Why waste their time with your price shopping? ALL of the information for pricing can be found with a quick search on the internet. The smart public, like the readers here, know almost to the penny what we own cars for and what little hidden incentive Honda is offering to dealers.

"My experiences with Internet buying are this - largely worthless." How could you say that? In the very next sentenace you say that Honda in Victorville or San Bernadino is $900.00 cheaper then anyone across the country (let the buyer beware).

I've got news for you - six of the top ten Honda dealers in the country are less then three hours from downtown L.A. (04/26) the number one being West Covina. Honda once again is going to have a record month for volume. It's only the 180th month in a row for growth.

"I can buy a Fusion that has more options than an Accord for $5,000+ less. No, it's not a Honda, it's a Ford, today I'm not so sure that matters much anymore."

Your right - TODAY it doesn't matter, five years down the road with 80,000 miles on it?

Good luck being a professional shopper.
  • cdb51862cdb51862 Member Posts: 4
    After about a week of serious shopping w/ a few dealers I picked my car up yesterday. I may or may not have gotten a "great" deal, but I'm very happy with the car. I had my heart set on the White Diamond Pearl color, which was not in ready supply here so I'm sure that did not help me in price negotiations. My final purchase price was:

Car $25,663
    NJ Tax 1,804 7%
    MV Fee 334 NJ requires 4 year registration on new cars
    Doc Fee 199

Total $28,000

They included a 3 year lost key/appearance protection thing. Only value might be the free key replacement as apparently the new keys are quite expensive if you lose one.

The dealer was Hudson Honda in West New York, NJ. I thought they were very reasonable and honest. A couple of other dealers I talked to I felt weren't completely on the up and up.
  • vietviet Member Posts: 847
    Fusion's engine is Mazda's engine. Is it correct?
    It's very tough to buy a '08 Accord V6 EX-L w/ Navi at cheap price.
  • jimmythesharkjimmytheshark Member Posts: 3
    I just purchased an 08 Accord EXL V4 W/O NAVI from Route 22 Honda. Here are the specfics:

Car: 23100.00
    Doc Fee: 299.00
    MV Fee: 299.00
    Sales Tax(NYC 8.375%): 1935.97
    TOTAL OUT THE DOOR:$25,650

The car included the mud flaps, wheel locks and the 3 year paint/interior and key replacement warranty. Is this a good deal ???
  • benzserviceguybenzserviceguy Member Posts: 96
    Just picked up the car about 1hr ago. Here is what we got:

08 ACCORD EX-L V6 with a rear deck spoiler (added at N/C)
    Graphite Grey (dark metalic silver) with Grey leather interior
    We leased for 36 months, 12K per yer.

MSRP: $28,695.00
    Residual valve $17,217.00
    60% residual with 12K miles/yr
    Money Factor of .002450 (5.88%) - this is the BUY rate for Super preferred credit (over 710 beacon score)

Selling price $26,105.00 ($300.00 back of invoice)

We gave a check for $3,700.00 - this included 1st mo payment,
    assignment fee (bank fee) of $595.00
    Doc fee of $45.00
    Tax, title & license fees
    Cap cost reduction of $3,149.41
    TOTAL CAP COST = $23,572.59

Monthly payment of $277.18 PLUS 8.25% cali tax of $22.87 = $300.05

WE FEEL GREAT, THE PROCESS WAS PAINLESS AND WE GOT IT FROM WOODLAND HILLS HONDA IN WOODLAND HILLS, CALIF

WE LOVE IT !!!!
    So, if you didn't put the $3,149.41 cap reduction down, the payment would have been about $360 instead of $300?
  • txcarbuyer2txcarbuyer2 Member Posts: 7
    Is it me or has the car buying experience changed? Three years ago, I ultimately bought my son an Accord at Goodson Honda in Houston (through the internet) after reading these boards and being educated as to what would be a good purchase price. I had made a deal at Russell & Smith and then received an $800 better price, no hassles at Goodson. So I attempted the same for an 08 Accord 4-cyl coupe EX-L (no navi) with the internet mgr at Goodson and was astounded at this guy's gall. He quoted me an MSRP of $28,795 (not including TTL, or other fees) and their e-price of $28,295. With a real MSRP of $26,595, who did this guy think he was kidding. I am a serious cash buyer wanting the best deal.

Has anyone had a good experience going through the Costco buying program? Obviously the internet department is not the way to go any longer.
  • benzserviceguybenzserviceguy Member Posts: 96
    A little more .. about $372 plus taxes

The cap cost reduction came from the sale of an older car to CARMAX.

I know you should put as little down as possible but in this instance we needed the payment to be at specific #

Oh and the lease comes with GAP insurance/protection already included.

In past experience, we have sold Honda's at lease end to CARMAX and gotten MORE than what the residual valve was (ie: built in equity to be used for the next lease)
    In 3 years we will most probably rol into another HONDA unless something else catches our eye.
    As this is the first time I walk into a dealer try to get the deal, I'm really not sure my offer is good deal. Today I called a few other dealers nearby, although it may not be the best, it should at least a fair deal:
    car: exl I4 AT sedan silver with gray leather. including paint and fabric sealant, mud guard, wheel lock and trunk tray.

price 23500

OTD price 25211 (6.25% TX tax)
  • pcjamespcjames Member Posts: 13
    Fusion uses a version of a Mazda-designed engine built in Mexico....hopefully, my last Fusion comment of this board.......ACCORDS BABY!!
  • cliffclavencliffclaven Member Posts: 23
    Benz, I don't get it... $14,500 after 3 years? Tha'ts 50% of what one cost to own. Is it a good deal to you because you choose to buy new every 3 years? or is my math off when you say you have "residual" value in the return?
    I tend to keep cars for 10 years. My new 08 V6 4dr w/nav & rear spoiler cost me:
    $27,979 Car (with destination charge)
    $368 Dealer fees (Tempe Honda)
    $600 Spoiler
    $995 8 year/120K $0 deductable Honda Care Extended Warranty
    $1350 intrest (3 yr @3.5, Navy Federal Credit Union)
    $1679 Tax
    $138 Idaho DMV Plates
    Free Window Tent
    Free Splash Guards
    Free Ingation Key (wife tends to loose one some where down the road :) )
    guessing it holds 30% after 10 years I have about $10,000 in assets, again if my math is correct in the 10 years you will spend about $40,000 and not have any value in a car. Why is leasing better? Is just so you can drive a nicer car for a short period of time and have a nicer car every 3 years? or is there some sort of personal business you have that you get to write off some % of the car expense only if you are leasing? Anyone expleain why leaseing is a better way to go or how it is less expensive than buying... at least for Honda's?
    Cliffclaven,

When did you buy it? Your loan rate is exciting. How can one apply to become a member at Navy Credit Union? Thanks.
  • cliffclavencliffclaven Member Posts: 23
    Viet,
    I bought on 29 March this year... The rate is still on for now, just checked tonight. As far as becoming a member go to the link below and see if you can become a member.
    http://www.navyfcu.org/about/membership_eligible.html
  • leosikleosik Member Posts: 11
    Got one from Honda dealer in a Boston area
    Car: 23200.00
    Doc Fee: 250.00
    MV Fee: 59
    Sales Tax(5%): 715.00 (I had a 9000.00 trade in value in my old car)
    TOTAL OUT THE DOOR:$24224.00
  • akhurmiakhurmi Member Posts: 1
    Hi 08carfinding,

I am also looking to buy 2008 Accord LX-P from South Bay area. Did you make any progress on your search and could you please let me know what is the best quote you have got for the car and from which dealer?

Thanks
    Aman
  • kenmarksnjkenmarksnj Member Posts: 3
    I'm returning from college for the summer on Thursday, and my parents are getting me a car. I've never had one because I went to high school in New York City. I was originally going to purchase a certified pre-owned accord, but my parents would want to finance it, and they do not want to commit to a 60 month package nor pay interest on a used vehicle. Additionally, chances are very good that when I'm done with school in 3 years (36 months), I will be moving back to New York City and will no longer need a car. This will save the hassle of trying to sell the car, etc. as it will just go right back to the dealer. If I did wind up going to Grad school in a more rural area, I would still have the option of buying the car out, or, leasing another vehicle.

I am looking at the EX-L, but I am not sure if I want the 4 or 6 cylinder. I am set on the EX-L because I definitely want leather and I definitely want the sunroof. I also already have a satellite radio subscription, so I would want that in the vehicle as well. The real question comes in here:

My father has very good credit, and I've agreed to put $3,000 down as my payment into the car... Do you think I'd be able to get at least the EX-L I4, 12k miles per year for 36 months for less than $300/month with the $3,000 down at signing? Any possibility on the V6?
  • manishpmanishp Member Posts: 1
    After week long of search and reviews, finally, I bought 2008 Accord EX-L V6 without navigation, Polished metallic with black interiors.

Car Price - 25452.00
    Doc fee - 199.00
    Tax to be paid(MO)
    Other accessories like Mud guard, Pin Strips are included.
    Place of Purchase - St. Louis, MO

Final price paid is 25651(w/o tax)

I think this is the best one can squeeze out from Honda dealer for V6. I might be wrong, but anyway, I am happy to be proud owner of another Accord V6.

Hope this helps to all are planning to buy new accord.

Enjoy and Drive Safe! :)
  • nickwoodsnickwoods Member Posts: 13
    hi i am still seating on the fence, hope to buy in june....how do you like the nav, any problems with noise with the car as mention in the fforum, your observations is much appreciated. invoice price please?
    Just got a few quotes:

Dealer 1:

EX-L w/Nav Price $24,516*

EX-L Price $22,528*

EX Price $20,821*

Dealer 2:

EX-L W/ NAVI
    $28,060
    *E-Price $25,424

Dealer 3:

EX-L W/O NAVI
    $24,177.98

All of these are 4 cyl Models. Obviously dealer 1 has the best price! Goes to show the difference in prices among dealers. I may ink with dealer 1 tomorrow. :D
    Very good chance you will try to buy and you won't be able to get it for that price.

They may tell you:

Sorry, it just sold to someone else and it's the only one at that price.
    It's a demo with 5K miles.
    Plus destination charge, options, and $900 doc fee.
    Typo.
    Misunderstanding about nav or not nav.
    Actually, they have "several at this price" They have 256 IN STOCK. Only one way to find out my friend! By the way, this is a HIGH VOLUME DEALER. Also, I noticed you posted in almost every different forum here at Edmunds, are you a troll or something?
  • dnhxdnhx Member Posts: 7
    Does anyone have a good buying strategy for a hard to find car? I am looking for a 4c manual accord Coupe EX-L in blue. I live in Dallas, but so far after visiting 3 dealers and checking inventory online for 2 others, only one had a manual coupe of any kind (LX I think).

I don't mind waiting for the car I want, especially one without all the dealer add ons like the ugly pin stripes all the dealers are adding here (priced from $300 to $600!). From other postings it looks like invoice or slightly higher is the going price for coupes, is that still achievable for a rare combination?

thanks
    Before you go anywhere, contact all the dealers and ask them if their price includes destination and any dealer doc or prep fees. If they do not, then you want your quote to include these items.

"The oldest e-trick in the book" is to quote prices w/o destination and / or the dealer's high doc fee. You get on the lot ready to buy and they "remember" to add them back onto the price they gave you.

If they will not give you the answer or give you a complete quote, then don't bother going onto their lot.

Dennis
    If you buy and keep your cars long term and finance them at a cheap rate (and get a good deal up front) then you will always come out ahead. No question.

I love to lease, but it is not for everyone - and you are a prime example :D .

Most folks buy a new car INTENDING to drive it forever but they get the new car itch in just a few years. They get ripped on their trade an maybe roll some negative equity into their new deal. They keep doing this every few years and while they get to drive a new car every few years, they are doing it the "wrong way" and wasting money. If they leased - for sure at a nice, cheap promotional rate (my wife's new Pilot is 0.34% effective) then they come out ahead and they have no risk on future value. Sure, if you drive the value out of the new car you get your money's worth, but if the value of your new car tanks (the Pilot if gas is $6 a gallon at lease end) you simply turn it in and get something else. If you the value holds and the car is worth more and at lease end, then you can buy it at that time and keep it - or sell it to a call dealer to make a little money.

I am always amazed at folks talking bad about leasing and when I quiz them about their car buying habits it turns out they over pay for their new cars and get ripped on their trade ins. Heck, some even buy cars from CarMax and you know what a rip-off that place is.

Not for everyone and not for you, but for folks who don't drive too many miles and trade cars every few years anyway it can be quite a deal.

What is a Navy man doing in Idaho :D ?

Dennis
    Thanks for the wisdom Dwynne. Better than the last comment I received. I took your advice, and I'm waiting for a reply. See, I didn't even think to ask about those fee's, although i do know they exist. Help is why we come here, not for comments like "jax". Thanks again Dwynne!
  • txcarbuyer2txcarbuyer2 Member Posts: 7
    s it me or has the car buying experience changed? Three years ago, I ultimately bought my son an Accord at Goodson Honda in Houston (through the internet) after reading these boards and being educated as to what would be a good purchase price. I had made a deal at Russell & Smith and then received an $800 better price, no hassles at Goodson. So I attempted the same for an 08 Accord 4-cyl coupe EX-L (no navi) with the internet mgr at Goodson and was astounded at this guy's gall. He quoted me an MSRP of $28,795 (not including TTL, or other fees) and their e-price of $28,295. With a real MSRP of $26,595, who did this guy think he was kidding. I am a serious cash buyer wanting the best deal.

Has anyone had a good experience going through the Costco buying program? Obviously the internet department is not the way to go any longer.

Anyone out there in Houston with recent 08 Accord EXL (4-cyl) automatic, no navi purchase experience? Out the door (including all fees TTL prices)
    I would say don't let it get to you. Get quotes from all the area deals that include the car, destination, and any dealer doc/prep fees. Make sure they state all of this is included. Get any close to invoice, then ask if they have the color you want in stock and then ask for an out the door price. Double check that the price they gave you equals the OTD price when you figure your tax, tags, and title stuff. If they have numbers that match yours, then go get your car.

How far to Shreveport, LA are you? Holmes Honda seems to have some pretty nice prices and may be worth a trip. I got on their e-mail list when shopping for my 05 S2000 3 years ago, but ended up getting it elsewhere.

Dennis