Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    slave2milesslave2miles Member Posts: 6
    The button to turn off the LDW is lower left of the steering wheel.
  • Options
    benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311
    Go for the 2013 imho. It's a superior car. And if you get an LX 2013, you'll save over an EXL 2012.
    2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
  • Options
    Glad it can be turned off. Thanks.
  • Options
    owned3hondasowned3hondas Member Posts: 41
    That seems just a little high, u can do better. Is that exl v6 No navi?
  • Options
    jthan24jthan24 Member Posts: 14
    edited September 2012
    EX-L ....no navi.

i agree. Any body have or seen better offers?
  • Options
    cls061cls061 Member Posts: 11
    I purchased a 2012 Accord EX-L one month ago and my price at the dealer was $24166, no other document fees, etc. with the only thing I added on being splash guards. I just today paid my sales tax of $1350. There may have been a better deal out there but I wanted to be sure I got the color I wanted (white) and felt ok with what I paid at the time. I'm in Arkansas.
  • Options
    graceskybluegraceskyblue Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking in the same area for an accord and was trying to choose btwn the 2012 and 2013.

For reference, I was quoted an internet price $23,650 for a 2012 EX-L WITH navi from Landmark Honda (Not including fees ~ about $2k maybe?) It's an awesome price and I hadn't even haggled with them yet.

The 2013 has a ton of new features though and has better MPG so it's a hard decision. I'll probably end up choosing the 2013.
  • Options
    frank_at_pdxfrank_at_pdx Member Posts: 1
    One Honda dealer near Portland offered me a new 2012 Honda Accord LX 18997. Is it good enough or another $500 room to negotiate?

Thanks

Frank
  • Options
    I assume that is 4 cyl. Let us know once you've finished haggling. If you look at it most of the decision is purely financial. Do you want to save a few thousand bucks now or later. I say later because when you trade in the 2013 is going to be worth a few thousand more. If you can afford the extra amount in your payment just go for the 2013 - the mpg will save u a few bucks too plus it is a total redesign so it's not like deciding between 2011 and 12
  • Options
    Any 2013 quotes? Give trim detail. Just curious
  • Options
    amahaleamahale Member Posts: 3
    Hey,

I did buy 2012 Exl,4Cyl, no navi for $24700 (OTD). It included accessories like splash guards, pro pack. I thought it was an awesome deal.

2013 Accord looks awesome. Just see if you really need it.
  • Options
    Nice, is that PA tax?
  • Options
    No. In texas.
  • Options
    vtgekkovtgekko Member Posts: 3
    I'm looking at a 2012 Accord EX-L no navi. I'm in NJ and they seem hard to find. I've gotten a quote of $25990, not including taxes and registration. Is this a good price or too high? Any tips on how to negotiate would be great too.
  • Options
    U should be able to do better, 25,500 or below and have them through in mats
    Etc. Roberts Honda in pa was 25495 and Scott was 25690. You have
    To get some other quotes and best thing to do is just get up and go home, tell them u need to think about it some more. You won't get the best price 1st time into the dealership. Bring ur quotes to other dealers. Take ur time, you'll get a better price
  • Options
    Jerseydevil01Jerseydevil01 Member Posts: 151
    That price sounds excessive to me, is this a 4 or 6 cyl? Make sure you get your prices online first and save the emails cause they are a binding agreement. I got a 4 cyl ex-l for 23037 before tax and tags at piazza honda in philly. price does include dest. they even were able to get the color I wanted from another dealer.
  • Options
    Is a 4 cyl. I'll contact that dealer as well. Thanks!
  • Options
    At that price I assumed 6 cyl!
  • Options
    Ah, so not a good deal. Good to know. I'll keep looking. What should my goal price be? 23k? No more than 23.5k?
  • Options
    25k should be max you should be paying (including ttl)
  • Options
    Also check out some past (recent)posts there should be prices for 4cyl exl, make sure you have right trim. Most quotes, but not all, are out the door prices.
  • Options
    nubbsy2nubbsy2 Member Posts: 6
    72,208 miles in good condition. The color is Basque Red Pearl w/tan interior. We were going to try and sell it outright but now wondering if it would just be easier to trade it in and not have the headache of trying to sell it on our own. We have been looking at new Honda's, Subaru & Ford but want to get a reasonable offer. TIA
  • Options
    Did you look up trade in value on edmunds? Try kbb.com too. might be hard to sell on your own. Also when you purchase a new vehicle, You do not pay sales tax on the amount of the trade in. That is xtra dollars added to the trade in value
  • Options
    rayainswrayainsw Member Posts: 3,192
    edited September 2012
    You can post detailed information here -
    and receive a [semi-]professional \ informed estimate:

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/WebX/.ee9c851/43147
    2022 X3 M40i
  • Options
    I received quotes via internet for 2012 EXL at $23500 and $23000 before tax, destination, etc.

for 2013 Accord LX, best offer via internet is $21,580 before tax, destination, etc.

I like the 2013 and the resale value will be better but if I find a great deal on the 2012 EXL then....decision will be tough....
  • Options
    bill377bill377 Member Posts: 7
    Which state and dealer you got this deal for 2013?...it sounds great as most of the dealers are not willing to negotiate on 2013. I mean through internet, may be they will negotiate on the floor.
  • Options
    blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    I received quotes via internet for 2012 EXL at $23500 and $23000 before tax, destination, etc.

for 2013 Accord LX, best offer via internet is $21,580 before tax, destination, etc.

I like the 2013 and the resale value will be better but if I find a great deal on the 2012 EXL then....decision will be tough....

If you keep your cars for more than 10 years, the resale difference is negligible. It may matter if you keep your car for 3 years, maybe 5.

I just sold the '88 Prelude and the difference between '87, '88, and '89 was nothing. But, if you can save a few thousand off the 2012, that is substantial.
  • Options
    DCH Hnda on Route 9 in Oldbridge, NJ
  • Options
    dp_crvdp_crv Member Posts: 23
    I was able to buy 2012 Accord LX from Frank Kent Honda (Ask for Nate) for $19550 OTD price.

The car had little less than 700 miles due to potential buyers test driving.

This is the best price I can get in Dallas area.

Next best price was from Bankston Honda for $20084.00 OTD.
  • Options
    dp_crvdp_crv Member Posts: 23
    Please make sure on the car odometer reading when you try to buy 2012 accord models. They disclosed me the reading when I was in the showroom. I could have done better on pricing if I had known the odometer reading during our phone calls.
  • Options
    srik1srik1 Member Posts: 6
    I sent out emails for quotes for 2013 Accord EX-L NAV V4. Lowest received so far is 28225. This is in MO.
  • Options
    Great price. I'd jump on that. That's the model I want...+++
  • Options
    faischivofaischivo Member Posts: 26
    same price in nyc $28,225 ..does that include destination ,if so thats your deal ,,,go for it its a great price why wait, enjoy your new honda..
  • Options
    blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    I sent out emails for quotes for 2013 Accord EX-L NAV V4. Lowest received so far is 28225. This is in MO.

I would like to point out that if you have been able to locate an Accord with a V4, consider your self lucky. I would just give them whatever they ask, because those are rare and were not supposed to be released to the public.

Somebody must have made a mistake at the factory and released one. It will only go up in value, just like a misprinted penny, or anything that is one of a kind.

I just sold a 1983 Honda Magna with a V4, and let me tell you, even by today's standards, 0-60 in 3.3 seconds with a 6 speed sequential shifter is advanced, but, by 1983 standards, it was out of this world. I actually cold it for more than I paid for it, ever after 29 years! I only had 15,000 miles on it, which is what kept the price up.

You are not going to be disappointed by the Honda V4. I would imagine that they can only mate it to a manual, since no automatic can withstand that high RPM. I think my V4 redlined at about 15,000 RPM!!! I could easily do 60 mph in 2nd gear.
  • Options
    !!LOL!!

Yes, all Accords are actually inline 4s, or I4s. There is no V4....
  • Options
    What is a V4? Aren't they 4 inline
  • Options
    snowlionsnowlion Member Posts: 9
    Hi,

I am looking for the best price people paid for the 2013 Accord Ex model. Or what should I pay for it. The price at the nearest dealer is 26195.00.
  • Options
    Has anyone haggled and got a good price on honda accord cvt auto 2013 ex model in the Bay Area, CA
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    2013 Honda Accord Sedan Price Report
    Choose Style
    4dr I4 CVT EX
    $24,691
    A potential savings of $1,504 off MSRP

according to Truecar that price might be possible in the Bay Area.

Sounds good to me....esp. for an all new car getting rave reviews. I'm not at all sure you could actually do that well, but I'd say give them a try.
  • Options
    Thanks, I have Carhound.com helping me seek a bid for $24872.00 but so far in the last 48 hours, no dealer has come forward to accept it.
  • Options
    you might try

http://www.truecar.com/

My guess, however, is that getting a big discount is going to be a challenge for about another month until supplies get bigger as the factory ramps up production. It is an all new model getting rave reviews, and probably most dealers are hoping to get close to msrp for a while. But if you can wait another month I think your bargaining power might be better.
  • Options
    boody80boody80 Member Posts: 10
    A dealer in MO is listing 2013 LX for 20.470 which gives example how much one expect to pay in other states. I think it is a good price for the new accord.
    here is the link to the dealer website
    http://inventory.westcountyhonda.com/westcountyhonda/details/2013-Honda-Accord-S- dn-LX/1HGCR2F32DA015794/
  • Options
    Price seems too good to be true, but if it's real somebody in MO is going to get a good deal on that car....
  • Options
    From my personal experience, this price can be expected. This is the invoice minus ads fees minus dealer holdback. LX model is the most selling among all others ( lx-s, ex and ex-l) dealers try to increase their sales by offering the bottom line prices.
  • Options
    Just got a bidding from one of the local Honda dealers for 2013 Accord LX 4cyl CVT for $ 23,937.32 OTD. is this is good price?
  • Options
    Does that include sales tax, lic, fees, etc.?

If so, yes, I think that's probably an ok price.

msrp for that model is $23,270

TTL in your state is???? Don't know. Maybe $1500? if so, they've taken about 1k off the list price, which is pretty good for an all new model getting rave reviews.

For you and everyone else, it's easier for us to try to say if it's a good price if you give us the offer before TTL. In other words, not OTD, but before that....
  • Options
    txnsxtxnsx Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2012
    First of all, I want to thank people who posted the price, model and dealer information. It really helps me to negociate the price. I bought a LX-P last night from Rusty Wallis Honda in Dallas. The internet manager Jimmy is pleasant to deal with. I had contacted a few dealers in the area, Bankston, David McDavid... and Rusty gave me the best price ($20,500 OTD) over the phone and honered the price when I was there. Like most people, I hate to spend hours at dealership and play their stupid game. I don't think I got a GREAT deal but I think it's good deal. I also got 0.9% finance, windows tint, a few minor add-ons such as wheel lock, splash guard and they also gave 7 year/100k mile powertrain limited warranty

Anyway, I hope my information can help you for your shopping in Dallas area. By the way, simply because I have a good experience with Rusty does not mean you should trust them. I've never heard of them until a few days ago. Do your homework. Good luck.
  • Options
    I think you can do better at least $500 more. Truecar potential saving on this car is $1200 and Truecar is not the greatest price you can get. the MO dealer I talked about in my last post is now listing the car at 21300. Maybe the other price 20470 was for only one car. it was removed. I think in just two week you can get this car for less than 21000 easily since Honda wants to sell too many accords.
  • Options
    How much should i pay for Honda Care - 6 years 100000 miles warranty coverage for Honda Accord EX 2013 and should i purchase gap insurance?
  • Options
    Look at the warranty page asap! There's a place called Saccucci (sp???) Honda that sells these plans at a huge discount. Email them and get a quote. It's probably about $1000 for the plan you're describing. But for probably $1200 you could get an 8 year 120k mile plan with 0 deductible.

If you show that quote to your dealer they will whine and moan and say they can't do it. Just keep saying you'll buy it at the other place and they'll probably cave. But if they don't cave, just buy it at that other place!!

Don't know about gap. Never bought it or used it. I just use regular insurance.