Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    edited October 2012
    Edmunds,,,,, Kellys Blue Book thats kbb.com ,,, or Consumer Reports. These sites tell you Invoice price, options, plus dest- fee's.. This is invoice price $22,929 right here off edmunds pricing. the 2013 Honda Sport with automatic is $22,139 plus dest charge of $790. The $21,409 plus $790 dest fee is the sport model manuel transmission.

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• Options
    axecaponeaxecapone Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for your response.

I forgot to add another question.

Financing: The best Honda financing for 2013 Accord is 2.5% that I have seen on this forum. Anyone lucky to get 0.9% financing? If not, how long before such a financing deal that would be available?
  • Options
    CHECK OUT ON LINE YOU COULD JOIN FOR A $15 DOLLAR MEMBER SHIP FEE. get your finance approved elsewhere and then make honda either match or beat your rate..

• Options
    rags4026rags4026 Member Posts: 17
    Check out costcoauto.com. You can configure the vehicle with the packages/accessories you want and it will show you the invoice/MSRP based on your zip code.
  • Options
    uptowndouguptowndoug Member Posts: 2
    I bought a 2012 Accent SE hatchback in June (2012) in California for $16,900, with no additional fees or charges for the little extras, like the i-pod connector, trunk net, etc.
    I love the look and feel of the car, plenty of power, looks great, lots of room in the back with the seats down for transporting items.

My only complaints are:
    1. Mileage is nowhere NEAR the 40mpg highway promised. My best has been only 33. So far, over 3K miles, average is only 25!
    2. The power on the stereo is limited. When I want to crank something up, full power is just not enough.
    3. There should be a light in the glove box.

I wish I had known about this forum before buying--might have gotten a better deal! But the asking price for the model was over 18K, so I think it was reasonable.
  • Options
    fxguyfxguy Member Posts: 132
    Um, this is the Honda Accord forum.....
  • Options
    htrainreloadedhtrainreloaded Member Posts: 10
    edited October 2012
    Hello,

I was looking at this forum before I tried to purchase a Honda Accord. At first I was in the market for a used 2010-2012 Accord with leather. I went to Hall Honda in VA Beach. 22000 for a used 2012 Accord 31000 milies with leather. I then asked to seen a 2013 Accord base and was immediately convinced that I wanted a 2013. Way better body design.

I asked how much the base model 2013 was out the door and they said 25000. I said okay how much for an EX-L 4 cyl no nav. After I left a for a few days of phone calls they said they could not go below 29000 for the exl and told me to go kick rocks if I didnt want that price.

I had been in contact with Ourisman Honda in Bethesda, MD over the internet and by phone and their price without negotiation was 28150 OTD. After wrangling over the internet we agreed to 27600.

I was looking for a dark color and dark interior and they showed me me a grey exl or a crazy looking dark green wth black leather for 27795. I was going to leave and was in the car with my wife and kids packed up when I saw the salesperson I was working with outside by the door. I asked him what other options were there and he said could I pay a little more and I said if that would make the deal happen then I would.

Needless to say I left with a Black on Black 2013 Accord for under 28000 OTD, with pinstriping, wheel locks, mud guards, door and fender guards and it is beautiful.

Overall I would definitely recommend Ourisman of Bethesda, MD to anyone within a 250 Mile radius. They are very accomodating and had the best initial quote and were not pushy. The add ons people were not pushy either. I said no to everything and they were okay with it. It took a little jousting but I left with the car I wanted. After a 3 1/2 hour drive there my family and I were exhausted but happy. Thank you Ourisman Honda in Bethesda, MD.
  • Options
    ziyuluziyulu Member Posts: 58
    $22,000 for a used car? You could have gotten a brand new 2012 Accord LX Special Edition for less than that.
  • Options
    faischivofaischivo Member Posts: 26
    edited October 2012
    Own a 2013 sedan exl v6 with navi ,for me the noise improvement is great,and then of course every person has their own level of tolerance,
    what i will say it's got plenty of power ,, put it in sport mode and you can kick it up a notch fantastic car ,handels great and plenty of room ,you couldn't ask for more ,what you waiting on get in and enjoy the ride good luck..

BTW. did i say it's a great looking car to ???
  • Options
    patch1103patch1103 Member Posts: 1
    Just out of curiosity, did you try any of the other local dealerships: Priority, Checkered Flag, etc.? If so, were they all around Hall's price?
  • Options
    joechicago7joechicago7 Member Posts: 22
    What did you pay before TTL?
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Joe here is the breakdown on prior post for Md. Dealership I'm always very skeptical about a 1st time member with only one post. I find alot of times its a Dealers posting. That being said lets breakdown that deal.. The post claims he paid 28,000 otd. Here are the facts
    Invocie price 2013 EXl v6 = ....... 27,502
    Dest charge ................................. 790
    Dealer installed items mud guards,
    pin stripe,w,locks,door edge .......... 200... Lets assume dealers cost
    P.a Sales tax 6% ............ ........... 1710..... If lives in P.a.
    Total sale on invoice price = $ 30,202 OTd price
    I did not add the Dmv Fess's or any Doc Fee's into this sale. This post is a Maryland dealership posting in this forum..

• Options
    jimva1jimva1 Member Posts: 1
    Got an offer from a dealer in Northern Virginia yesterday for a white 2013 EX-L Accord 4 cylinder no navi. Includes wheel locks, protection package, trunk liner which added $1,000 to the sticker price.

$26,995 plus $499 doc fee, taxes and tags.

This is one of the lowest prices I think I've seen. I really like the car. My wife and I have to make our final decision soon.
  • Options
    I am not a Maryland dealer. I live in VA Beach and said car is outside of my townhome right now and it is beautiful. Why the hell would a dealer post in the forum and take so much time to write it all down. I used this site before I started looking for a car so I figured I would post my results to help other shoppers.

For the other poster. Total before destination, tags, taxes and dealer processing was 25950.

And no I did not try any of the other dealers in the area. Everyone I know at work buys from Hall Honda on VA Beach Blvd, so if they could not make the deal I didn't want to waste any other dealers time or mine.

One thing that must be noted is that this area is full of car buying service members. A lot of the times Dealers do not have to move on price because there is demand here and they have such small inventory. If I don't buy the car someone else will Different areas are different markets. I was just willing to drive to get my car. My thoughts were why give the dealer an extral 1600 dollars when I can take my family to DC for the weekend stay in a nice hotel see the sights and still not spend 1600 bucks.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    DEALERS DO POST in here often. My numbers were off I thought you posted exl v6, but i see now you purchased the Exl 4. There would be no way at that price for a EXL v6. Good job on your sale . Your deal was $341 above invoice with dest charge. then you paid for additional dealer installed options , Dmv, Doc fee;s and Taxes. Do you know the actual invoice price of the Dealer installed Power Pack on your Accord ?? . Curious.. Enjoy your car and tks for sharing your info
    ............BRIAN

• Options
    Tks for break down. What is in Dealer pack . Does any one know what the dealers invoice price on that item is??

• Options
    Dealer pack as listed on order form

Door edge
    mud guard
    fender trim
    nitro air in tires
    pin stripes
    wheel locks

As I said I left the dealer under 28000 OTD.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Jim,

I also contacted Fairfax Honda on rt 50. The price I got in bethesda was better than their quote. One thing to note on email correspondance is that Fairfax honda emails state no charge for dealer installed options/apperance package. I don't know if it is not installed or it is free. They had a very straightforward email as well and the price was competative.

One small point to note. If you talk to the finance manager they are the ones that set your rate. I walked in with a credit union draft 72 mos @ 1.79. The finance manager convinced me to go with American Honda Motor Financing and get 500 bucks off of my negotiated price. AHM gave me 2.24% for 60 months but he assured me that I could use my credit union draft after 30 days and pay off the loan. I did not know that the finance manager sets the interest rate on the spot based on your credit. If I had known that I would have demanded 0.9% for 60 months. My credit was damm there perfect as stated by the finance manager. He would have saved me the trouble of having to go back and use my Credit union draft. There is no origination fees for financing and no penalty for paying off early. He asked me to put 1500 down to get 2.24 rate. He originally quoted 2.49, which was too high for me. Total financed 25894, after 500 paid by AHM and 1500 out of my pocket.

I would take whatever quote you get and contact the dealer in bethesda. I know they will beat it. The dealership is not in a prime location and they sometimes have to go to an offsite garage to get a vehicle for you. I also don't know where you go to test drive the vehicles because there is always traffice in that area. There was traffic when I got there on Friday at 2:21 pm and traffic when I left at 7:30 PM. Traffic when I went back at 11:13 am on Saturday to give the down payment. Yes they let me leave without giving the down payment. They said I could bring it the next day no problem. I couldn't possibly imagine a test drive in that area. I bought the vehicle without a test drive. When they asked why I didn't want to drive it I said "its a new car and it will drive as such or I will bring it back". The car drives great. Remember it is a V4. If you are used to driving a V6 you will notice.

Total cost of trip= time and $774(lodging for two nights, dinning, museums, a little shopping, and fuel) Potential savings from local dealers at least 1600.
  • Options
    ffxjackffxjack Member Posts: 47
    Looking at same car with nav. Do you know if inventories are good?

Can you not get the dealer add ons since I'm not interested in most of them?
  • Options
    0.49% with car buying service? Does that mean you don't negotiate prices with individual dealers? I've never clicked through before.
  • Options
    billy3554billy3554 Member Posts: 148
    I think a valid question is how did (do) you "find" a posting from a first time member is a posting from a dealer?
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    JACK.......call the 800 # there is a small membership fee . once you join your entitled to there new car loan rates.Then you have to negioate your own car deal with dealers. i would search all credit unions for best rates.

• Options
    edited October 2012
    When you talk to them on the phone they will say their inventory is good and not to worry they have the car you are looking for, but when you get there they will show you what they have in stock. If you absoulutely will not buy any of the ones they have in stock, they will coordinate the car you want from another of of their partner dealers, like ourisman in Laurel, MD. Make sure you see actual pictures of the car and get a stock or vin.

I tried using USAA Car buying service and the "Target Price" on my price certificate was 27933 excluding Taxes, title, and dealer processing. So you can negotiate below the car buying service price as well. Just don't mention it. About 3 dealers will call you after you submit the inquiry using the car buying service. By the time you request the certificate you should have already been working with dealers online or on the phone and most likely your negotiated price is lower than the car buying service.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info. I'm actually quite local but I don't want to waste time unnecessarily at the dealership. To be honest, I'm not 100% sold on the Accord yet vs the Altima which may be thousands less.

What is the recommended interval for oil changes assuming non synthetic oil?
  • Options
    I'm already a member since I had my home loan with them. Online application for the car loan gets you a 0.49% 48 month or 0.99% 60 month rate if you use their buying service.
  • Options
    The customer service lady who briefs you on the factory warranty, service department, and dealer add ons like seat protection, underbody treatment, paint and so on said first oil change was at 5000 miles and gave me a coupon book with a coupon for a free first oil change.
  • Options
    westobutchwestobutch Member Posts: 3
    First time posting here but read many posts before purchasing. Previous experience with salesperson and dealership (Schlossman's Honda City) about 3-4 years ago. Appreciated everyone with posts on Edmunds willing to list their experience. 2013 Accord EX-L V6 with Navigation. MSRP-$32,860. Purchase price was discounted $1,843.92 off MSRP. Did not try to shop prices around with other dealers nor did any Internet shopping. Satisfied. I actually enjoy dealing with salespeople unlike others on some posts. Paid cash. Will decide soon on HondaCare extended warranty. Unwilling on this item to go any higher than Saccucci Honda (mentioned in many posts) Internet price but if Honda Citywilling to match will buy locally. Again how nice of Saccicci Honda to offer "Internet" pricing.
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing your experience. It helps quite a bit.

I was only given an OTD price from my local VA dealer. I'm trying to work backwards to compare vs dealers in MD. I know taxes in VA are 3%. What are the other costs?
  • Options
    okaniokani Member Posts: 20
    Did anyone lease 2013 EX-L I4 or V6? What prices you paid or offer you've got?
  • Options
    Not sure if this question was meant for my previous "Milwaukee" post. I'm new to this. Located in state of Wisconsin even though I referenced Honda Care quote from a dealership in Maryland. I forgot one item...dealership "service fee" of $145 so discount really was $1,698.92 instead of $1.843.92 assuming a different dealership might not charge any "dealer fee". I did not show an OTD price since I also traded in a car which was negotiated separately and thus my OTD numbers would have been useless if someone else is only buying a new accord. The discount would have been the same with or without a trade in. If you know your state tax % and any other fees the dealership tries to add in you should be able to do the math (algebraic equation...find any 12 year old and ask for help if needed) and figure out the real price you're paying for the new car. Again this was an EX-L V6 with navigation...MSRP $32,860.
  • Options
    I never even inquired about a lease since wasn't interested. Sorry.
  • Options
    Dealer fees were 200 dollars and Title and Lien were 145.00
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    No No No ,,do not pay over invoice got mine at invoice on 9/28/12 paid $30,116 +TTL. And I bought mine in NYC where the tax is 8.75%.
    If you think you like the deal then go for it have fun with a great car my friend ...

PS:Mine is an exl v6 with navi sedan I want to make myself clear..
  • Options
    You bought already well no problem enjoy your beautiful car .........
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    What is the Dealers price...MSRP... on this package..Frm what you posted those Items cant cost the dealer more than $250. Have you found this package on many Accords? The Pinstripe painted or Paper...Tks

• Options
    The MSRP for the package as listed on the order form is 795.00. The pin stripes I couldn't tell you. Its probably vinyl or whatver honda uses. Of the 3 Accords we saw 2 had the package and one did not.
  • Options
    joesanerdjoesanerd Member Posts: 8
    So after just stopping in to a random honda dealership to test drive the new coupe, I think I want it more than the sedan... They just happen to be getting a blue ex in next week... Which is the one I want. Msrp of 26,665 + 790 delivery + fees + tags + tax... Negotiated down to 25,134 plus fees + tags + tags. What do you guys think? Sale price of 25,134 and no delivery sounds mighty enticing. With the availability of these coupes being so sporadic it's hard to say what kids leverage I really have here.

Think I can do better?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Faishivo...... Please post the Dealerships name and city you purchased from in NYC... What was Dearlers Doc Fee"s . This will help everyone in the New york, New jersey area.

• Options
    edited October 2012
    Joe, your leverage right now is not that good . It looks like you did a good job of negotiating on the $25,134. Invoice on your car is $23,676 plus dest fee $790= 24,466. Your paying $668 over Invoice price. Now add Dealers Doc fee"s and thats how much you paid over Invoice with no other options. If you could wait a few months that price will be at Invoice and lower. Want the car now i would call the internet manager the last days of this month and tell him you buy that car with out any doc fee's that day then hang up and wait.. Read my prior post how to buy online you'll hit your mark.. This price would give the dealer $668 over Invoice plus his full Dealer hold back. thats about $1500 for selling you this car... Good luck

• Options
    stevet7stevet7 Member Posts: 1
    I really agree with you on the sales experience. Just do it!

I purchased a new 2013 Accord Touring on 9/13/12. I traded my 2012 Civic coupe which I bought in July of 2011. The new Touring is truly an outstanding car. This is my seventh Honda since 86 , four Civics, two Accords and a CRV.

I really grew to hate my 2012 CIVIC. Honda almost lost my wife and I as long term customers over it. I was looking seriously at the 2013 Altima as a replacement but I was leary about the CVT. I drove one and was not impressed. My wife and I drove the 2013 Accord Touring and when I accelerated onto I-27, the car sold itself. It was very smooth and powerful. It is without a doubt the quietest Honda I have ever driven. I really liked the V6 with the six speed automatic. Love the adaptive cruise control and LED head lights. This car is a refined Acura in a Honda body.

My wife were so impressed we decided to buy it on the spot. My terms were 2.9% from Honda for 60 months. Per my salesman, dealers are holding very close to MSRP on the high end EX-L and Touring models

I paid $500 below invoice but this was the third new car that I bought from Southwest Honda in three years: 2010 CRV, 2012 CIVIC, and 2013 Accord and I reminded them of that and my disatisfaction and disappointment with the 2012 CIVIC. The 2013 Accord is truly an outstanding vehicle and I am glad that I made the switch. Well done Honda!
  • Options
    dv78dv78 Member Posts: 1
    23640 + 250 dealer fee+ tax and title for the accord ex in nyc area.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    FOLKS...THIS IS OUR FORUM TO BUY AND SHARE ON THE HONDA ACCORD ALWAYS POST THE DEALERSHIPS NAME AND CITY YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. ALSO POST YOUR QUOTED OR PURCHASED PRICE... CANT POST SALESMANS NAME...

• Options
    maismailmaismail Member Posts: 1
    Does this include taxes and registration?
  • Options
    mike372mike372 Member Posts: 354
    My girlfriend wants to buy a 2013 Accord LX within the next few days. I noticed that you listed the invoice price on the recently discussed Accord Coupe as 24466 with a list of 27455. That seems like too low an invoice price. Its like 3000 below MSRP. What is your source. If this invoice price is correct for the coupe, what would be the invoice price on a 2013 Accord LX with a MSRP of
    23260. Also I would like to read your post on online buying, what date is it. Thanks.
  • Options
    joesanerdjoesanerd Member Posts: 8
    Hey Brian, right now I'm looking at 27,125 otd. I'm going to try to get them to waive the 200 processing fee. Weymouth has the ex coupe listed at a bit more then 24k. So I'm thinking 24,900 would be great if all I had on top was to tag and tax it.
  • Options
    isloverislover Member Posts: 32
    you are asking for different things: EX CVT Coupe - LX Coupe - and LX sedan

which are you looking for the pricing for?

even on Edmunds, the invoice pricing is:

LX COUPE invoice: $22,148 MSRP: $24,200 (+ tax, tags, title, dealer fee)
    EX COUPE invoice: $23,676 MSRP: $25,875 (+tax, tags, title, dealer fee)
    LX SEDAN invoice: $20,579 MSRP: $22,480 (+tax, tags, title, dealer fee)

just look up "invoice pricing" and it will list all prices on the model and trim you are looking for

as someone who recently purchased a 2012 accord (within last 2 weeks) - i will tell you it was VERY hard to get a deal on a 2013. if we could have gotten a deal on the 2013, we wouldn't have bought the 2012. there are no dealer incentives on the 2013 models for this month since they just came out. this means the dealer is not getting lump cash from the manufacturer. also, the 2013 honda accord is the single best selling car in the U.S. at this time - with about 5 days after it is received at dealer until sale of vehicle. this makes it nearly impossible to "get a good deal" as they don't have to give you one - they KNOW it will sell, and quickly. if you can get a great deal - that is phenomenal! hats off to you and your area dealer - ours could not

we paid $2000 UNDER invoice for a 2012 model. yes, it can be done. we have done it with every one of the 30 cars we have purchased over the years.
  • Options
    mike372mike372 Member Posts: 354
    islover:

I meant the 2013 Accord LX sedan with automatic which lists for 23,260. I was able to get a price today of 21,184 including doc fee plus taxes reg and title. It was the best price I could get by about $500.00. The dealer doesnt have a fancy building but I dont care, as I understand it any Honda dealer has to perform the warranty work. What do you think? Should I go for it. The price is about 175 below invoice which seems to be the absolute best at this time.
  • Options
    belindajonbelindajon Member Posts: 4
    Was quoted internet price of $23,942, I think this is a pretty good price. I'm in So Cal, 92646 zip, thoughts?
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I used edmunds for pricing . I never bother with the msrp. I start at Invoice on all cars and work below that number. What was your question on invoice you lost me. Are you buying a Coupe or Sedan model. Invoice price is different on both models . What car are you looking at.
    Invoice price LX sedan cvt auto..$ 20,579
    Dest/ fee..................................... 790
    Total Invoice price......................$ 21,369
    MSRP on this vehicle is...........$$ 23,270

• Options
    edited October 2012
    Joe,,,, listen $200 is not a deal breaker especially if you want the car now. If you wait 2 months you stand to save about 1k or more. If the dealers dont have coupes they will tell you to take a walk. Thats the Supply and Demand factor. Dealers have the upper hand for another month or so.. My advice to you is Email or call about 20 dealers near your area and tell every internet mgr. that for xxx i buy the car right now. research a number your happy with and Play the Game. let all 20 dealers tell you no. let each dealer counter your offer before saying goodbye. tell each dealer here is my number if you change your mind.Tell each dealer your calling 10 more dealerships so once i hang up you lose.. you will have your answer on pricing in no time trust me.. If you have time check dealers web site to see if they have your car on the lot. makes the deal much easier. send out your calls the last 2 days of the month. Hope this helps.