Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

gas fumes

janegjaneg Posts: 2
edited April 2014 in Nissan
I recently purchased a 95 Quest with 66,000 miles. After driving around on a day with temperatures in the mid 80's I noticed a very strong gas odor after pulling into the garage. I loosened the gas cap and a stream of pressurized air continued for 8-10 seconds. This seemed like an excessive amount of pressurized air in the gas tank. Any idea why this occurred?

Comments

• blarg1blarg1 Posts: 59
    could be a blocked vent in the gas cap. some mechanics have a gas vap vent diagnostic tool, call around and ask if they can perform that type of test.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,490
    Yes, this is not air coming out but vacuum sucking air inwards.
  • garthmangarthman Posts: 42
    that is normal for suction when removing that gas cap. All my cars to that if I remove the cap right after I park the car.
    Try removing the cap a few hours later and see if it still does that.
    Any fumes inside the car would need a call to Nissan direct if the dealer cant assist. That is a safety issue and they will move on it fast if you have a valid issue. (as long as you are not over filling your tank or spilling fuel)
This discussion has been closed.