Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Jeep Liberty: Problems & Solutions

Comments

• Options
    buffettfansbbuffettfansb Member Posts: 2
    Had a breakdown Wedn. 7/27/05. As of last night the shop is saying the valve has problems, will look at cylinder today. Hopefully no further damage than cylinder. Anyone else with this issue?

2002 Jeep Liberty, 89000 miles, changing oil every 3-35K miles. Only thought mechanic mentioned was possibly a spring breaking loose.

Thoughts, ideas, similar issues? :confuse:
  • Options
    enderender Member Posts: 3
    Thank you all (Carribou you're great)
    I have the vibration problem at 140 km/h solved by balancing the rear shaft.
    Ender :)
  • Options
    libertyjlibertyj Member Posts: 1
    I bought (well leased) a Liberty Jeep 2005 last week from the chrysler dealer, brought it home and COULD NOT REVERSE IT UP MY DRIVEWAY!!! Its true I have a slight incline ranging from 10 % at the bottom to ? 20-24% or thereabouts at the top. The differential was just slipping- By the way its an auto transmission.

Tried it in 4 wheel part time and full time, same thing- got to about the 18-20% incline with the back wheels-the front were still on the 10%. Tried more throttle but the vehicle went nowhere- in fact it seemed to lose power- took foot off and engine started to pulse (oscillate?) with increasing and decreasing revs. Dealer came out and tried another new vehicle- SAME PROBLEM, however, they managed after a lot of huffing and puffing to get the vehicle to the top of the drive in 4 wheel part time- have the select trac gearbox. Took car away. - FOUND NO PROBLEM with it yet admitted there was an issue with it- took it up with Chrysler and they said it was operating within SPECS!!!! despite my problem - thats a joke isn't it!!!

Later a neighbor's friend driving by in a Jeep Liberty- so asked her to try reversing up the drive- she was NOT ABLE to do it initially- tried again and with tons of wheel slippage and screeching tires she managed it but it slipped around quite a bit - her tires were ok and it was dry- I have concrete driveway. She was most upset!! It was a 2 year old vehicle- argued issue with dealer - we decided to fork out more cash and BUY a Grand Cherokee- no problems with the driveway in that even with the 3.7.

IN MY OPINION THIS IS A MAJOR DEFECT IN THE VEHICLE AND WARRANTS A RECALL!

I would like to hear of anyone else who has noticed this problem - Im guessing not many people have experienced this - Looking forward to your responses.
  • Options
    belindagbelindag Member Posts: 2
    Hi Jim, I have a 2003 Liberty. My A/C stopped working also. The clutch smoked and the bearings went out in the pulley. I was on the interstate when the smell came into the cab along with warm musty air. I exited the interstate and raised the hood to see smoke coming from the pulley/ clutch area. It was 95 degrees and I was 500 miles from my destination. I called everywhere to find that these A/C units were hard to find. The dealership simply said there is no recall that will be $900 to fix it and we have to find a compressor that will take a few days. I am just sick. I have friends that have trucks and suv's with 150,000+ miles on the engines with cold air. What gives??? Thanks for listening. I noticed that the manufacture date on my Sanden A/C unit is July 18, 2002 did you see yours by chance? I am sending mine to the manufacterer with a request for reimbursement... I'll keep you posted as well. Thanks, Belinda
  • Options
    belindagbelindag Member Posts: 2
    Hello, I have had the worst time getting my 2003 Liberty to stop pulling to the right also. I (wait till you hear this one) was told by my salesman that they were designed to pull to the right so that if you go to sleep driving that the vehicle will go off the road and not into oncoming traffic. I couldn't decide between slugging him in the mouth or belly rolling in his face. After I gained composure I told him that my father was a mechanic and I am a little wiser than that. I told him that if I were him that I wouldn't ever tell that lie to anyone again. Well, I never saw him again but my Liberty has wore the crap out of some tires (three sets -different brands- same wear pattern- alignment each time- did not help). The front was aligned by Goodyear and worked great but the tire wear is horrible. It wears them on the inside front you can hear them start to get loud as they begin to wear. You can feel the inside tread next to the engine and it has a saw blade type wear. I rotate them when I change the oil every 3000 does not matter still choppy. They have definately heard of this before tell them to call the Brooksville FL dealership if you need more info let me know. Thanks for listening, Belinda
  • Options
    clwoolstclwoolst Member Posts: 3
    I bought my 05 Liberty Sport 4x4 6/30/05 with a whopping 14 miles...Transmission has been going into Limp In mode (stock in 2nd gear) randomly. Apparently there is a technical service bulletin for the problem, but the repair will not be available until 8/17. Keep taking it to the dealer and follow your state's lemon laws otherwise you will be stuck with expensive repairs and an unreliable car...I'm in the same boat. :sick:
  • Options
    birddog5birddog5 Member Posts: 1
    New to board Looking for someone who has had AC problems on 2002 Jeep liberty. 3.7 L, 6 Cyl., 4 x 4
    Problem I am having is AC works great when on recirculate and blower on high but after driving 10 miles air conditioning is freezing cold and we turn the blower down. This causes the AC clutch to kick out after a while and never recovers until vehicle is idling. Have taken to dealer and we have replaced high/low pressure switches which the dealer said needed replaced. AC is still having problem and dealer is at a loss as to what to do.
  • Options
    rbarryrbarry Member Posts: 1
    I also have a 2002- they are replacing my sterring rack and the upper and lower ball joints for the second time- jeep has 60000 miles - never been off road- a tune of 2100.00 and the dealer says to bad- this will be my last jeep- unhappy and broke!
    Ray
  • Options
    vulcanchuckvulcanchuck Member Posts: 2
    Belinda,
    That was just about what we experienced word for word! The only silver lining was that we only had 35,200 miles and the warranty was still in force. I think I'm going to buy the extended warranty before the odometer clicks over to 36000.
    Chuck
  • Options
    vulcanchuckvulcanchuck Member Posts: 2
    Jim,
    I just found this forum tonight and have been getting caught up with the posts. I have a 2002 with (Thankfully) 35,200 miles and it looks like a cooked air conditioner clutch on mine, it has a really burnt smell and of course the musty air. How did yours turn out?
    Chuck
  • Options
    dfwgirldfwgirl Member Posts: 1
    Hello!

I have been going around this squeak problem for some time and get the same old song and dance "there is no cure...lalalala". It is embarrassing pulling out of the driveway and people stare at me - my annoying squeaking - I mean, why have a new vehicle that acts like an old junker?

I would appreciate some help in proving some sort of cure - would you mind faxing or emailing me your paperwork also? How do we exchange private info, do you know? I have an email I don't mind posting, is that our best option? I'm not really sure how all this works.
    Thanks so much! Lisa in Dallas, TX
  • Options
    tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    I'm not really sure how all this works.

You can make your email address visible in your user profile so anyone who wants to contact you may do so by clicking on your name in one of your posts. It's not a good idea to post your email address in a public message.

tidester, host
  • Options
    lyndaglyndag Member Posts: 7
    I would be happy to fax you or email you my paperwork. Please send me an email with your information.
  • Options
    guinness220guinness220 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2004 liberty...And my windshield is all nicked up and has 2 good size cracks in it...But that doesn't bother me as much as the fact the my stearing wheel is fading and all the leather is coming off and not even in the spots that I hold on to...So get a wheel cover while you still have the chance...
  • Options
    gus6037gus6037 Member Posts: 4
    An update for anyone with the same problem.....my Liberty has a limited slip differential and it seems Chrysler was too cheap to add the additive to the differential when they built it. $7.70 at the jeep store solved the problem. Thanks to all that replied.
  • Options
    bobb72bobb72 Member Posts: 2
    I've seen the postings about other complaining of a "clunk" from the transmission but I haven't seen anything that I think is specifically about the new 6-speed. I test drove a 2005 V6 3.7 6-speed manual that I intended to buy and I noticed a loud "clunk", after shifting, as I let off the clutch, particularly when I shifted around 2500 RPM and many times when I downshifted. I could feel it too. It was not the kind of noise made when you are about to stall (I've heard that noise plenty). Has anyone experienced this type of thing in the 6-speed or know if it’s normal/common? The dealer had their service people check and they said nothing was wrong. This was a brand new car with about 30 miles on it. Any opinions would be really welcome.
  • Options
    kdiplacidokdiplacido Member Posts: 4
    I have an 05 Liberty Limited. It has the tire pressure monitor on it. Does anyone know if I lift it with a 3" kit, if that will mess with the tire pressure monitor?
  • Options
    john90john90 Member Posts: 2
    You might want to try frozen rotors.com. An aftermarket company that makes high performance rotors for street vehicles and suvs.Good luck!
  • Options
    jgilkeyjgilkey Member Posts: 1
    I'm having some problems with the A/C on my 2002 Jeep Liberty Sport. The air conditioning will come on for about 15 minutes, then the compressor turns off. In about 20 minutes or so, it will come back on. Someone told me that the fluids were low and it was shutting off because the car has a safety feature to protect the compressor. I got the freon filled (it was quite low) and took a long drive. The car was cold now for 40 minutes, then the compressor shut off. It came back on within a matter of minutes. Then, on my drive to work this morning there was something that looked almost like smoke coming from the vents, but it was odorless and did not last very long. After the "smoke" stopped my compressor turned off again and came back after about 10 minutes. Any ideas???
  • Options
    triple4triple4 Member Posts: 1
    I had the same problem, i took it too the dealer and they said it was at manufactured spec, he said he could adjust tire pressure to cure the problem, i told him no way, there is something wrong here and it needs to be fixed, so i left and went to another jeep dealer the next guy told me that the reason this was like this is because they aligned it like another vehicle, so he re-aligned mine and it's been fine since. he also said alot of mechanics don't want to go through the lenghty process of re-aligning all the wheels
  • Options
    dmvdmv Member Posts: 3
    Hey,

I just have a few questions:

1. Is 2005 the first year for the CRD?
    2. What seems to big the biggest problem with the CRD so far?
    3. What do we hear about CRD for 2006?

Thanks,
    DMV
  • Options
    renegaderrenegader Member Posts: 73
    Tire pressure monitor based on ABS sensors will work with any lift kit.
  • Options
    kyjeeperkyjeeper Member Posts: 31
    took to dealer had computer flash done TSB-18-018-05 big sticker under hood I changed oil @ filter, really nasty, this jeep has 2200 miles, this jeep will not run between 50-55 jerk jerk jerk. after the flash it is better,not sure it is fixed I thought it missed 60- 65 this jeep gets 26.41 on trip. took up on my Dad's farm tryed the 4 Wheel Drive Out and had it standing straight up.Have not made up my mind about the Pro-Vent worried about Emmisions @ warrenty.thanks for listings
  • Options
    clwoolstclwoolst Member Posts: 3
    Update on my stinker...8/17 has come and gone and Chrysler still has not 'released' the 'harness kit' needed to repair my vehicle. Apparently there are over 1000 of these kits listed on backorder. Chrysler and dealer giving me the run around...I've been in a rental for over a month! At least they are picking up the tab! :lemon:
  • Options
    inhoustontxinhoustontx Member Posts: 1
    I not only experienced the issue on inclines, my rear differential progressed to major failure.

I "had" (up to this week), a 2003 Liberty Renegade, 2wd, and Auto in this case. 300 miles the rear diff needed complete rebuild. From there I went through 2 more re builds at the dealer up to about 50,000 miles.

In the last couple of months, it began making a great deal of noise again, and would slip and catch up with a "bang" if I pulled out of a side street at a hard 90 degrees or so. It would also make a grind in a tight u-turn.

I recently, in the past few weeks, noticed it would not track well in a rainstorm, slightly kicking out left and right, if I dared go over 60 in the wet. (I am in Houston of course 60 is nothing).

To my misfortune, this week on a sales call, I got caught in a thunderstorm, and at about 50mph on a secondary highway, the [non-permissible content removed] end locked up as if someone pulled the emergency break on me or something, and I went head on into concrete road divider.
    Sliding across two lanes.

My advice to anyone with a Liberty that is experiencing rear differential noise, problems, slip, grind, burnt oil. GET RID OF IT! NOW.

By the way, the airbags did not go off either, none of them.

I am planning on researching any other incidents like mine, to see if perhaps we can prevent a bad situtation due to a faulty product.

RC
  • Options
    mikkidisneemikkidisnee Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2003 Jeep Liberty Sport and have begun having some major problems with it. Here lately the engine keeps dying when I slow down and/or stop at a stop light the first time coming off of running 70mph. I drive approximately 45 minutes at 70mph on a highway, however when I get into town and have to stop at the first stop light the engine dies unless I keep pumping the gas. It has been doing this for about 2 months, then the other day my A/C started messing up and making a horrible noise (loud clunks). I took it to the Jeep house and they told me the reason the engine was dying was because the Air Compressor is going out. I am already out of my warranty so this is going to cost me $1400. I am wondering if anybody else is having this problem and if the problem is something else, not the A/C. I haven't turned back on my air conditioning and the Liberty is still dying.....Just a thought, I am worried that I will pay all this money and it won't fix the major problem.
  • Options
    ddriooddrioo Member Posts: 1
    My 02 Liberty Limited (4 x 2) averages 13.5 MPG in mixed driving, between 200 to 250 miles per fuel tank. This is definitely pretty bad and with high gas prices, is not funny anymore. I did a search and apparently some 05 models got better mileage just by reflashing the computer.

Where do I need to call to complain about this problem? Can I take it to a service center to do the reprogram thing?
  • Options
    ajp3ajp3 Member Posts: 3
    Ray,
    I'd call the Chrysler 800 customer service number if I were you and I advise everybody to call. These Libertys are pure junk. We've called twice and gotten the problems fixed for about 25% of what the dealer originally told us they wanted to fix the problem. Unfornately a vehicle like this shouldn't have these problems to begin with.

Good luck. :lemon:
  • Options
    wroofyjeeperwroofyjeeper Member Posts: 3
    I've owned my '04 Liberty Renegade since last March. I too have experienced the pull to the right, 'hesitation', and rear window opening in the rain. My dealer responded to all but the window incident with a 'cannot duplicate' answer. The window part is on order as I type. Since I started reading this thread, I've come across quite a few tid-bits of great interest to me regarding these issues. Just on a whim I decided to print out a few of these discussions and take them to the service manager at my dealership. He stammered a lot and hemmed and hawwed till he was quite red in the face, but finally admitted to other customers having similar problems. He asked where this discussion was taking place and wanted copies, but I refused. My simple reply was ,"its all available on the internet if you're willing to look". I received a prompt call from the DM regional rep about 2 hours after my visit to them. Thanks guys(and girls), these things actually get people moving!!..
  • Options
    steele052000steele052000 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2002 Jeep Liberty 4x4 Limited, I'm not sure that I am feeling very happy about my purchase. I had the Jeep for 3 days, and the check engine like comes on. Didn't think to much of it...I would call and get a service check on it. Next thing I know, I am dropping my daughter off at daycare. I turn the engine off and then it wouldn't start. Clicked a couple times, then nothing. I mean nothing. The neighbor tried jump starting the jeep and it wouldn't turn over, it just clicked again. I call a tow company to come out and they hook up the jumper cables and they start it right up. Problem is...when he took his foot off the gas, it died. Let the battery charge, tried again and same thing. At this point, I decide I want it towed back to the dealership I bought it from.

Of course at this point, I'm livid. How could this be happening?? The dealership said they will fix whatever the problem is at no cost to me. So I'm a little happier now. I call the service garage to see if they know what the problem is. They THINK it is the idle celinoid (probably didn't spell that right). Anyway, they have to order the part.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas about the problem? Any advise would be very appreciated.

• Options
    02libertylmtd02libertylmtd Member Posts: 1
    I have an 02 Libery Limited 4x4 and have only had it 45 days or so (53K miles now). It has been a fun vehicle and we have put over 1000 miles on it so far with no complaints. HOWEVER, recently, during idle, it has been having a slight shuddering or grinding sound seeming to come from underneath the floorboard area. This symptom comes and goes comes and goes while the car is in idle only. Any one else experience this type of vibration or grinding. Please let me know as the the car is still under the dealers 90 day warranty. Thanks!
    PS- It doesnt seem to be affecting the performance of the car but my girlfriend said she thinks the car has lost some acceleration.
  • Options
    glhperformanceglhperformance Member Posts: 24
    I have the 05 with the v6 5 speed no clunking, i get 20 to 22 miles pergallon with just 21 mile drive to work through the hills and country side, only thing i have had was my ac button had to be replaced, thing runs and drives fine, i have put a k&n filter in the stock air box and I am getting to a jetchip performance module in soon to see about better mileage has plenty of power, wish i could have afforded the diesel though cause them things have some power, the Liberty was rated the best small suv by 4X4 magazine any more questions just ask, later Sam
  • Options
    gus6037gus6037 Member Posts: 4
    Hello, have a 2002 Liberty 4WD with 3.7 litre engine. At 54000 miles the check engine light came on, I suspect it is programmed to do that as it is time for spark plugs. The car runs fine and there appears to be nothing wrong with the emissions system as the light does not blink. Does anyone know how to reset the light? I have a deep-rooted dislike for the dealership where I purchased the Jeep and have vowed to never give them another dime. Thanks in advance for any help you folks can offer.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Many auto parts stores will read the codes for free and that will give you a clue as to what may be wrong.

Steve, Host
  • Options
    fevrefevre Member Posts: 2
    this happened to my jeep too. I thought I needed an alignment because it pulled to the right. It was a part in the lower steering column. It was replaced under warrenty. My steering wheel also squeeked with turning. They installed a new skid plate
  • Options
    coug1coug1 Member Posts: 1
    :sick: I JUST TOOK MY LIFE SAVINGS AND BOUGHT THIS 05 4X4 JEEP LIBERTY AUTOMATIC last week august 05, I started feeling shifting and RPM problems after 3rd day, rpm drops down to zero when I am doing 50 and then jerks me up to 60, wild est thing I ever saw,now its starting to miss just setting at a red light, well then I get on here and read all these same problems you guys are having on 02-03-04 and 05's, they obviously didn't fix any of the problems over the years on the Liberty's, haven't taken it back to garage yet but Im sure I had made a mistake in buying this and am in for a long road ahead, my first brand new vehicle and its a LEMON, wouldn't think that Chrysler would be aloud to operate in this country in that manner. :mad: :mad: :lemon:
  • Options
    glhperformanceglhperformance Member Posts: 24
    hi sometimes gas that has been sitting in the tank gets old, check that out
  • Options
    canada5canada5 Member Posts: 1
    Yes! I am having the same problem. Please let me know what you find out! I'm taking my 02 liberty limited into the dealer tomorrow. Please let me know as soon as you know anything! Thank you!
  • Options
    jeepqueenjeepqueen Member Posts: 2
    Hi all!

I am hoping somone can give me a little insight.
    I have a 2002 Liberty and have apparently been one of the lucky one with nothing wrong, except for the constatnly cracked windshields and recall on the Ball Joints.
    I just hit 89,000 yesterday on my way home. This morning on the way to work, my check engine light comes on. The car sounds fine, no difference in running, no noises, no smells, no other lights came on and the Temp was fine.

My husband, after dropping me off at work, checked the fluids, etc and everything was fine. We drove 30 miles to work with no breakdown.
    Any clue as to what may be wrong? Pep boys wants $84 just to do a diagnostics test, which we will have to wait to do til 16th (payday).

Is it safe to drive? I am wondering if there are sensors to go off after a certain mileage to prompt some kind of service?
    Help please !
    :surprise:
    Kristin
  • Options
    jeepqueenjeepqueen Member Posts: 2
    Sorry I just saw this post today after becoming a member.
    I can offer a little info re: the lemon law option.

In any state you have the lemon law option, however even if you don't qualify to sue under it you may sue under a breech of warranty.
    I would contact a lawyer and see ask about a breach of an implied warranty for merchantability and any warranty for that matter, and also ask about the Magnuson-Moss aspect.

Good luck!!
  • Options
    ninetyfiveninetyfive Member Posts: 3
    I consider myself fairly lucky, I only had the musty air smell, surging engine when first stopping, rear window latch failure with the window opening and loud clicking sounds during/after a large rain (pre-recall), and a water pump replaced at 8 months 14,000 miles. This seems like a lot of problems but luckily I had the problems fixed under warantee. I really like my Liberty but wish for better mpg - however, there hasn't been a snow storm that has stopped it yet. I still own a 1990 Cherokee (102,000 miles) and might get a Wrangler in the future. There is just something about Jeeps that I love.
  • Options
    nomore3nomore3 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I have a 2002 Jeep Liberty Limited with 54000 miles that was suppose to have had the lower ball joint recall done on it about 5 months ago at the dealer I bought it from. Oddly I am have alot of problems with the steering sticking when I drive. Has anyone had this problem reoccur after having the lower ball joint recall fixed. I am wondering if Chrysler has really addressed the problem or whether this dealer is just billing for work that they are not doing.

Thanks,

Joe
  • Options
    2004l2004l Member Posts: 4
    SEPT. 8,2005 GOT JEEP BACK FROM DEALER TODAY.PROBLEM OF SKIP,JERK,AND HESTATING.TRIED BLAMING IT ON A/C COMPRESSOR (REPLACED COMPRESSOR AFTER 3 TRIES ATLEAST NOW THEY KNOW A/C WAS MESSED UP FROM START(WORK ORDER SAYS INTERNAL PARTS WERE BREAKING UP IN COMPRESSOR)HOW TO THE KNOW THAT TRANSMISSION IS NOT BREAKING UP INTERNALLY.CALLED DEALER AFTER DRIVING HOME (BACK TO SHOP TOMMORROW)IS ANY ONE ELSE HAVING THESE PROBLEM???? :sick: :lemon:
  • Options
    HAVING SAME PROBLEM WITH SKIP AND HESTATION.THEY CAN NEVER DUPLICATE PROBLEM.WAS HAVING A PROBLEM WITH A/C AFTER 3 DAYS,TECH NO PROBLEM DETECTED,AS OF AUG.8,2005 NEW COMPRESSOR INSTALLED BECAUSE OF INTERNAL PARTS FALLING APART,A/C FINALLY WORKS,NO NOISE.I GUESS I WAS RIGHT THAT TIME.WONDER IF PARTS FALLING APART INSIDE TRANSMISSION.I WOULD BE INTERESTED IN FINDING OUT HOW TO START A LEGAL ACTION AGAINST CHRYSLER.I DO KNOW THAT MY STATE HAS A LEMON LAW.I HAVE ALSO REPORTED THIS MATTER TO THE 1-800 NUMBER.THEY WANT TO KNOW WHY THIS MATTER IS NOT BEING ADDRESSED BY DEALERSHIP.BACK IN SHOP TOMMORROW,GOING TO GET IN VEHICLE WITH TECH AND SEE IF I CAN DUPLICATE THIS PROBLEM SINCE THEY SEEM TO THINK I DO NOT :si: KNOW HOW TO DRIVE. :sick: :sick: :lemon:
  • Options
    pups4palspups4pals Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2002 Liberty.Has anyone ever had a problem with the "glass" warning light staying on after the rear window is closed. Window is closed tightly. The inside lights stay on while driving which is annoying after dark, but do go off when the Jeep is turned off. Would appreciate any feedback, thanks.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    People tend to ignore posts in ALL CAPS since they are so hard to read.

Steve, Host
  • Options
    ninetyfiveninetyfive Member Posts: 3
    I'm not sure about Liberty's, but on my 1990 Cherokee the check emissions light came on at 79,000 miles. I called the dealer and they said all Cherokees' did the same at around 79,000 miles and it was okay to drive the vehicle until I took it in for service. Actually, it was a way for the dealers to get a look at the oxygen sensor (and my check book). They disconnected a wire under the dash and that took care of the light. Others can better answer about your Liberty. I thought you would like the insight of my experience.
  • Options
    TODAY WAS MY 6TH VISIT TO DEALER FOR REPAIR WORK.HAVING SKIPPING,HESTATING,JERKING.FINALLY GOT A TECH TO ADMIT HE FELT THIS.WAITING ON SOME KIND OF DEVICE TO BE HOOKED UP TO VEHICLE TO SEE IF THEY CAN FIND SOLUTATION.AS FAR AS THE 4 WHEEL THEY SAY NO PROBLEM.THIS IS NOT NORMAL.I DON'T THINK SO.I AM SUGGESTING TO ANY ONE OUT THERE HAVING ANY KIND OF PROBLEM TO PLEASE CALL THE 1-800 NUMBER TO REPORT YOUR PROBLEMS SO WE CAN GET A RECALL.SEE IF YOUR STATE HAS A LEMON LAW AND USE IT TO YOUR ADVANDAGE.I WAS TOLD BY DEALERSHIP NOT TO CONTACT THE CONSUMER REPORTS AND MY BUSINESS BUREAU.I'M GOING TO TRY AND DO ANYTHING I CAN TO HELP ANY ONE OUT THERE.GOING TO SEE IF I CAN FIND A LAWYER WHO WILL HELP.IF ANY ONE WOULD LIKE TO SEE CHRYSLER FIX THESE PROBLEMS PLEASE REPLY.THANK YOU,A JEEP 2004 OWNER OF A LEMON. ">
  • Options
    Sorry about the ALL CAPS.Thanks for the advice STEVE,host
  • Options
    gmars1gmars1 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2002 jeep liberty limited with 56000 miles on it. I had the ball joint recall done, and the air conditioning compressor replaced due to its sudden failure. yesterday while driviing on the freeway some part of the passenger side steering control snapped and sent the jeep into a spin on the free way. The jeep has never been off roaded or used for anything other than on pavement driving. Has any one else heard of this type of failure? :sick: :lemon:
This discussion has been closed.