Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and Earlier - Hyundai Sonata Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    sidsidsidsid Member Posts: 2
    So finally got the car today. car came with 20500 + 80$ doc fee + 1723$ (sale tax) + $18.60 (electronic vehicle registration) + 251$ (license and registration fee) = 22573 - 1500$ (cash($500) + finance rebate($1000)).

So the net amount I paid was 21073 OTD.(base price is $19000)

Not sure how good of deal this is but made a mistake in negotiating(did find what all rebates he was offering). Last week for the same car got him to $19115 ($1000 rebates). I did not know they are offering $1000 HMF cash instead of $500 last week, just pushed him till 19000 and said okie.

Car comes with carpet mats + cargo net + cargo mats+ mud guards
    Got 1st oil change free.

Any opinions ??
  • Options
    saz25saz25 Member Posts: 152
    Hi all,
    I am new to the Hyundai forum. I just purchased for my mother, a 2013 Sonata Limited with the Premium package (Nav, backup camera, sunroof, etc.). Its the top of the line. The total MSRP was close to $30,000.

I know that my Mom couldn't negotiate well, so I decided to get involved and contact 5 dealers in the South Florida area to get the best price. She would still get it serviced at her local dealer, but I convinced her that we could by the car anywhere and focus on the best price. Most seniors don't like to negotiate, thus dealers always (IMO) rip them off or make a huge profit.

I was also able to negotiate that they eliminate the dealer doc fee, which in Florida is the highest I have ever seen. Every dealer I called had a doc fee of at least $600. One was as high as $795. I'm from the New England where doc fees are typically $200-$400. I still get them to drop it.

My final price after about a dozen phone calls back and forth to sales rep, their sales managers, GMs, etc. I got this car for $25000 with no doc fee. The only extra costs are Florida tax and license plate fees, which are state controlled. This price is a full $2000 less than what this dealer proposed as his first price. For a $30,000 car, he originally proposed $26,800 plus $695 doc fee.

I knew I drove a hard bargain and that few customers would push as hard. I made it clear I would pay cash, no trade, that I was looking at all South Florida dealers and I wanted the best price.

Regards,
    Steve
  • Options
    ajr1775ajr1775 Member Posts: 33
    Could you divulge the dealership you got this deal at? I'm looking to lease so my situation is a little different. By the way, outstanding job getting the sale price down to $25,000.00. That is outstandingly impressive. I assume it was the 2.4L?
  • Options
    I beat you. (grin)
    I paid a full $2800 less than invoice with no doc fee.

2013 Sonata limited with Nav package, floor and cargo mats, etc.

$25000 with tax and plates. That's it!!!

There is so much margin on this car, it's almost funny.

Other dealers were about to get me close to $25000, like $25500, but only one met my strict price. The total Msrp on my car was a bit over $30,000.

We really should have a contest here to see who does the best deal.
    Steve
  • Options
    Yes, 2.4L.

Dealer, Case Hyundai in Weston, FL.

Not sure if you should mention these details. They, like other dealers who give me these price ask that I don't tell people, but I am. I want to help others.
    Good luck.

I told them I had spoke with coconut creek Hyundai, Potamkin, Delray, etc.
  • Options
    ajr1775ajr1775 Member Posts: 33
    Thanks. No worries, I won't mention these details when I go buy. I'm just a short hop away but I think I'll try and work the local dealerships first; Melbourne, Cocoa, Vero Beach. Thanks for the info!
  • Options
    rdillierrdillier Member Posts: 71
    A lot to read through, but I understand the frustration. I have a suggestion for you. I'm from the Bawllamrrrr -- DC area. One of the dealers here, Fitzgerald Hyundai, posts its prices on its internet site, http://www.fitzmall.com/. The site currently has Limiteds w/o NAV for under $23, including destination. I'm sure the dealership would work with you. Its reputation is pretty good (I have no connection to the dealership. I'm a govt. employee, same as you.) At the very least, you can print out the price and use it as a bargaining chip with your local dealers. That's what I did. Got a 2012 Sonata GLS with the premium package for $17,300 in May. Good luck in your hunt. I LOVE the car.
  • Options
    A limited without Nav could be gotten for $22000.
    Also insist on no doc fee.

If you want to add Nav, just add $2000, that's it.

Steve
  • Options
    chicityguychicityguy Member Posts: 2
    Think I was able to get a pretty good deal on a new 2013 Sonata:

-GLS trim
    -w/out popular equipment package
    -includes floor mats, cargo mat, cargo net, bumper applique

Price ~$17,000 (incl. destination)
    OTD ~$18,500 (incl. everything: tax, title, license, doc fee, etc...)

Was able to use multiple rebates: $1000 financing, $500 standard cashback, $500 owner loyalty, $400 recent grad
  • Options
    Regarding rebates, it's another shady thing. Just insist on the price.
    One of the dealers I called ultimately gave me a price of $23,000, but then when I asked about the military veteran discount or the loyalty discount, they said that prices includes all rebates.

But they never even asked me anything about previous Hyundai ownership or my military status.

By the way I meant to say 23000 with no Nav. I made a typo. This also includes the fact I negotiated $0 dealer doc fee.

Steve
  • Options
    fushigifushigi Member Posts: 1,459
    Its possible that your dealer simply gave you discounts equivalent to the military & loyalty rebates in order to seal the deal.

IMO I don't care how they arrive at my OTD price as long as the number is agreeable. (I've taken to private-party selling my old cars so trade-ins aren't a factor.) I focus on my cost and not the individual prices.
    2017 Infiniti QX60 (me), 2012 Hyundai Elantra (wife)
  • Options
    I too base it on costs. I also don't care how they arrive at the final number.

My strict number for the loaded '13 Sonata was $25000.
    No added dealer fees.

They finally agreed to my number plus state tax and plate fees.

Steve
  • Options
    rysterryster Member Posts: 571
    You are very fortunate you received any responses to this Email. Dealers tend to shy away from responding to inquiries such as this.

The main reason is the very thing you said in your Email. "...whichever dealership gets back to me with the best deal by 2PM today gets my business/maintenance loyalty/referrals. "

You received a quote for $24,837 and it still wasn't low enough.

Since you have a price in mind that would make you happy, you would have been better off choosing the specific car from their web inventory, and Emailing them a specific offer (lower than your real number to leave negotiating room) for that stock number. "Please accept my offer of $24,000 for your stock number XXXXX for the new 2013 Hyundai Sonata Limited. My offer is inclusive of all available incentives for which I am eligible. I am ready to purchase in the next 24 hours, and respectfully request a response to my offer by close of business today. If you cannot accept this offer, please send me your best counter-offer If I do not hear from you, I will assume the car is either no longer available or you are not interested in doing business." If a dealer agrees to your offer ask for them to Email an official quote, on dealer letterhead, to you.

Also check out truecar.com, as well as USAA's car buying service. Those may give you access to some very good pricing without having to go through the headache of negotiating with dealers via Email.
  • Options
    tim1987tim1987 Member Posts: 2
    Hey guys,

I was just offered a quote of $26,668 for a black on black 2013 Limited 2.0T. This includes tax, incentives, registration and is OTD but not plates (would be about another $130). Is this a good deal? The dealership is located in IL. What price should I be looking to get? I was thinking $26,500 would be acceptable.

Thanks
  • Options
    Since taxes vary state by state as do registration, title, and plates, can you specify what you offered before those fees?

That's the negotiable part. The taxes and plates free can't be changed.

By the way, you can include in the negotiation, the dealer doc fees even if they try to say you can't.

Without knowing the above it's hard to say whether the deal is really good.
    Steve
  • Options
    tim1987tim1987 Member Posts: 2
    A few more details about the purchase:

Wisconsin Sales Tax is 5.5% (Purchase to be made in Schaumburg,IL)
    State Documentation Fee is $161.38
    $10 Temporary Drive away plate
    $25 Electronic Vehicle registration
    $1,000 Hyundai Finance Cash Applied (Plan to Pay off without Interest Accumulation)

Before Tax and Fees, Car Sale Price: $24,950
    Before Tax with Fees: $25,146
    Total Tax Paid: $1,521
    OTD Price w/o Plates: $26,668

Thanks guys
  • Options
    jasond02jasond02 Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car_Man,

Can you please tell me what the September money factor and residual are for a 2013 Sonata 2.0T Limited in zip 08003 for 12K miles on a 36 mo lease?

I have the dealer down to $24825 for the car but the total monthly payment is way off. I'm using a money factor of .00213 and a residual of 63% found online. My numbers are about $40 lower than they're quoting. Any help is greatly appreciated!!
  • Options
    jasond02jasond02 Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car_Man,

My apologies if this is a duplicate post, I think I replied to another comment instead of creating a new one. Can you please tell me what the September money factor and residual are for a 2013 Sonata 2.0T Limited in zip 08003 for 12K miles on a 36 mo lease?

I have the dealer down to $24825 for the car but the total monthly payment is way off. I'm using a money factor of .00213 and a residual of 63% found online. My numbers are about $40 lower than they're quoting. Any help is greatly appreciated!!
  • Options
    jlindhjlindh Member Posts: 282
    You might have better luck posting in the "Hyundai Sonata Lease Questions" section. That's where your question belongs.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,383

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    jdhyundaijdhyundai Member Posts: 1
    Steve,

Can you clarify which of the options you were able to get? Rather, does "fully loaded" truly mean with all of the bells including the remote start, bumper applique, cargo net, mud guards, mat, net, rear lip spoiler etc...?

Did you qualify for anything other than the current $500 promotion?

Thanks!
  • Options
    I don't remember exactly as I bought the car for my Dad and I negotiated the deal last week. I don't have the paperwork. But what I could tell you is that the total msrp with options (including destination charge) was just over $30K. no remote starter or bumper appliqué or mud guards. But it does the have premium package with back up cam, nav, panoramic sun/moon roof, floor and cargo mats, etc.

This is before sales tax, license, etc.

As for rebates ask for them all regardless of your situation. I did. I just told them that I'd pay $25000 for the $30000 car. I researched their invoice and it's around $27500, plus they get a 3% holdback on the full $30000, plus other monthly incentives.
    I also said I would not pay their $695 dealer doc fee.

It took a lot of whining but they agreed. My Dad loves the car.

Steve
  • Options
    I estimate they made about $300 profit., no more.

We also said no to everything the business manager wanted to add like tire warranty, gap ins, ext warranty, fabric/leather guard,etc.

You can get better ext warranty prices from other Hundai dealers online.
    Steve
  • Options
    nafisnafis Member Posts: 1
    Does this include Premium package: navigation and all that?
  • Options
    Yes, I wrote that in my previous post. I wrote:
    "But it does have the premium package with back up cam, nav, panoramic sun/moon roof, floor and cargo mats, etc. "

Steve
  • Options
    raj43raj43 Member Posts: 2
    Hell all,

Just bought a new 2013 sonata limited without premium package for otd 24600.

I live in northern cal and the taxes are typically 8 to 9 percent. Not sure if I could have gone further down on the price as I was insistent on having a black on black car. The car price quoted on the paper was 23225 and I got a 1000 rebate for financing for 60m at 2.9 apr. I am gonna refinance from my credit union for 2.25% for 84 months after a month.

The guy tried to sell me a lease for the above deal, the per month payment was 340 with taxes and the car residual value would have been 15600. there was a 850 downpayment to cover first payment and some misce fees.

I almost was about to sign it and walked away as I had not done any research.

Really appreciate your thought. Thanks.
  • Options
    It was good that you walked away. You shouldn't mentioned lease or loan stuff until you first negotiate the final car purchase price.

Since the dealer hold back on a Hyundai is 3% of total MSRP, there is a lot of room to play with, plus at end of month they have more incentive to make a deal at almost any price.

By calling several local dealers on the phone you should negotiate before walking into a dealer. I've done that 3 times now. Only then do you walk into the dealer to sign papers.

For a fully loaded Sonata with MSRP of about $30,000, you should not pay more than $25,000. Also refuse to pay dealer fees. Have them reduce the price accordingly. Then of course you add tax, title and reg fees.
    Steve
  • Options
    itsmesriitsmesri Member Posts: 9
    Who is the dealer? Did you get $18,500 OTD price?
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Did you recently buy a new car because the financing offer was too good to pass up? If so, a reporter would like to talk with you about your experience. Please contact pr@edmunds.com by end of day Tuesday, September 25, 2012 with a brief account of your purchase and your preferred contact information.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    atallatall Member Posts: 7
    Which dealer did you buy the car from? Thanks very much
  • Options
    sirjaredsirjared Member Posts: 13
    How do you arrive at an expected price like that? This is my first negotiated purchase and I'm having difficulty coming to what should be my target price. You'll probably ask what model and so I'd likely have to say the GLS with the Popular equipment package because of my budget, but if could get the Limited for 22k like was mentioned earlier, I could probably stretch it to swing that...or at least be heavily tempted to try and find a way to swing that.

I just won't be able to get it out of my mind for way too long than I want if I am not certain that I got a deal that not every dealer would even be willing to do because it cut their profit margin so small. I'm assuming I'll most likely be getting agreement from a high volume dealership going for volume sales kickbacks from the manufacturer. I just need some help figuring out what price that would be. I'm willing to be firm in negotiating if the price is realistic, whether it's one they'll readily do or not, but since I have no clue what is or isn't, I don't want to just be making up numbers and stubbornly refusing to budge in total vain. I just can't stand the thought of a dealer making more money than they need to when they didn't really do much for me besides lie and try to get as much money out of me as they can.

Hoping to try and make a good deal with the end of the month coming up, though I'm contemplating risking that October will have more aggressive deals. Thanks for any input, advice and help
  • Options
    Here is what I do and have done. First determine the Invoice price of what you want (Base car price plus options). You can get that at kbb.com and right here on Edmunds.

Then you subtract 3% of the total MSRP. That's dealer holdback. You can get the entire holdback especially on a Hyundai.

Then, on the Sonata, there are currently about $2000 of incentives (loyalty, veteran, etc.). Even if you don't technically qualify as a veteran or a previous Hyundai customer, insist on all of them. I did that 4 dealerships and they all gave it to me. No one asked me for proof of military service.

Even if there is no special incentives, I would subtract at least $1500 off of invoice, since the dealer gets lots of kick backs besides the widely publicized hold-backs.

So then, its invoice price minus 3% of total MSRP minus $2000. Then insist on no added doc fee.

That's what I did recently buying a Hyundai in FL for my Dad, a Lexus for myself in MA, and a Toyota for my daughter in NH; all in the past 3 months. I really love the "art" of car negotiation.

This all works best the last week of the month. Its even better in the last week of a quarter.
    Good luck.
    Steve
  • Options
    raj43raj43 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Saz,

Is 24600 otd(this includes 1000 in rebates for financing) a good deal for 2013 sonata limited without premium package. The price of the car ended up being 23225 + tax + misce fees - 1000 rebate. Not sure if they applied another rebate to go below the invoice as the invoice for the same car is around 24170. I probably tow do not qualify for any others rebates.

Would really appreciate your thoughts.
  • Options
    What is the invoice price for the car with the options you selected?

Did you determine that from kbb or edmunds?
    Steve
  • Options
    With an invoice price of 24170, I would subtract 3% of the total MSRP. Then subtract another $1500.

Steve
  • Options
    sunnymoneysunnymoney Member Posts: 5
    HI All

I am about to buy a 2013 sonata limited edition with tech package. MSRP 30,000 they say invoice is 28,100 but online its 26,700 they say 1000 below at invoice of 28 so 27100 then 1000 for finance so 26100. This includes destination and doc fee. I have talked to them about 1000 below invoice for 26700 offline but they dont go for that they stick to the 28100 invoice for limited/tech package. Is that a good deal?

Thanks!
  • Options
    Hi,
    If you got your invoice price on edmunds or kbb, and the dealer disagreed, they lied, plain and simple.

Another suggestion, never explain to them how you arrived at your price. Also, the doc fee, you should say "I won't pay a doc fee, either drop the price accordingly or the deal is off". I don't even discuss the doc fee till be agree on the car price (Base + options + destin.). Then when the bring up the doc fee, I say, "well, that's isn't what we agreed to".

When I bought 2013 limited about a month ago, I paid $24000, no doc fee. The only added amount was the unavoidable things such as title and state taxes. The MSRP was approx. $30,000.

My suggestion is to call other dealers.

Steve
  • Options
    brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    edited September 2012
    TO ALL AND SAZ i have been buying cars for me and my friends and family by phone and on line for 30 yrs now . i would like to add onto SAZ'S comments to buying under invoice and my experience's. depending on the car you are buying and the supply and demand factor... invoice pricing may be the best you could get. I HAVE PAID ABOVE INVOICE FOR SOME CARS .. a 2013 sonata's you can get below invoice,,,, a 2012 end of yr sonata you should be getting 2 to 4 k below invoice. remember jan 1 2013 that 2012 sonat just devalued 2500. that being said when i buy new cars which is every 4 yrs for me , wifey and kids now i will email 20 to 30 dealers... i live in new york so i'll email jersey , p.a. and maryland dealers... and let them know that for 1300 below invoice plus dmv fee's , tax and out the door i will buy that day. IF I KNOW DOC FEE'S ARE 299 OR 399 I USUALLY ADD THEM ONTO MY BELOW INVOICE PRICE UNLESS THEY REMOVE THEM.. always send out these emails the last 3 days of the month or at end of a quarter.. if any dealership agree's which usually a handfull do. i make them fax me a buyers order with the vin number, car color, model and options in car. That one email cuts all the BS AND TIME PLAYING GAMES. Its a yes or no from these dealerships. IT ALSO WEEDS OUT ALL THE BAD DEALERSHIPS THAT DONT SELL CARS AND PLAY GAMES TRYING TO GET YOU IN THE SHOWROOM.. IF A DEALERSHIP KNOWS YOUR BUYING RIGHT THAT MOMENT IT CHANGES THE GAME . LIKE OUR FRIEND SAZ SAYS ONCE A DEALERSHIP AGREE'S ON PRICE AND FAXES YOU THAT BUYERS ORDER he has to disclose all his fee's if they are a honest dealership and want to make a quick buck on you with the dealer holdback you just made a quick easy trans action. i will tell you this 80 % of most dealer wont take off doc fee's they may cut them in half OR LOWER PRICE OF CAR INVOICE which is okay with me. i hope this helps new car buyers. good luck brian 125

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• Options
    pegasus17pegasus17 Member Posts: 536
    Mainly agree with what you have said. There is much competition in the midsize car segment and the Sonata now lags Altima and Accord; not sure about Camry. When the new Fusion comes out later, Sonata will drop another notch making pricing more positive for buyers. I leased a 2011 Sonata in early 2010 and can't wait to turn it in for something else next year. It's a very capable car but more like an appliance. For many people, that's all they need/want.
  • Options
    rnanjunrnanjun Member Posts: 2
    I just bought a Hyundai Sonata SE 2.0 Turbo with options
    - Remote Start, All-Weather Floor Mats, Mud Guard, Cargo Mat

for $21,850 + Tax ($1800 in IL) + Doc Fee + Title for a OTD price of $23950. Dealer Invoice is $24,100. Only rebate I qualified for is the $1000 Hyundai financing rebate.
  • Options
    Brian,
    Great analysis. Just a couple things I'd like to emphasize, which I'm sure you agree with.

Starting the process during the final days of the month or the quarter is the way to go. It puts the buyer more in control since the dealer, at that point, is trying to make their quota or to get to the next sales threshold.

Also, making it very clear to the dealer that you only want the best price. Its a simple as that. If he meets your number, he gets your business. You should make it clear to the dealer that you are shopping around and currently seeking deals from other dealers for the exact same model. It should be in your benefit if he knows he's competing with other local dealers for your business.

These techniques work best for vehicles that are not in huge demand. For example, when I bought my daughter's Toyota, we searched and found 20 of the exact model in local dealers lots, and over 150 of the same model with various features. So the volume was high and they had incentive to move them.

As for doc fees, I have always had good luck getting them to drop it. Officially, they don't drop it, but instead they reduce the price we agreed to by subtracting the doc fee from that.

You also need to make sure that during the process, the sales manager or General Manager gets involved. If you make a deal and only deal with a sales rep, chances are you didn't do that well. The sales rep is authorized to deal to a certain point, below which he needs to escalate. I always force escalation by offering a low enough price.

I always shoot for a price point which is the listed (on edmunds and kbb) invoice price minus approx. 3% of the total MSRP minus another $1500-$2000.

Steve
  • Options
    my dad who is 80 yrs old has the 2011 sonata limited that he bought in oct, 2010 he was just telling me he wants to trade in his sonata for the new altima next year. the competition in the midsize market is very competitive which makes for great deals.. my dad's general feeling was the gas mpg were not as good as claimed on the sonata. we told him to buy the gensis he would be more happy with it but he went for the savings i guess. i also like the new altima great gas mileage and probaly more fun to drive from the reviews iv'e been reading. the amazing thing about hyundia and kia are there great warranties 5 yr bumper to bumper 10 yr on the trany cant beat it especially if you keep your cars 5 yrs or more.. the american car companies should do this it would boost there sales. i have not bought a american car in 20 yrs but they have come a long way from crappy cars and trucks they were producing.. i actually like a couple lol

• Options
    edited September 2012
    many years ago i was one of the only voices in theses forums trying to help. Its good to see guys like steve and a handfull of others educating and helping others to buy a new car. It can be very frustrating if you dont no what to do, or how to negoiate for a new car.... the dealers will rip you off .. like steve mention in above post ..always send out your emails and work only with internet or general mgrs.. to avoid time wasted. At no time should you be negoiating with any sale/ floor person THEY ARE USELESS AND CANT HELP U.

always mention you have emailed or spoked to many dealers and best price wins. alot of bigger dealerships who sell in high volume would be more inclined to sell to a savy buyer or a i say a quick sale knowing there dealership gets more money back from the car company for higher vehicle volume sales.. its great to see people in this forum helping other buyers with there experience and knowledge. ive been in this edmunds forum for about 13 yrs trying to help ........ good job and tell more people about these forums its for the consumer ......................... BRIAN

• Options
    sunnymoneysunnymoney Member Posts: 5
    HI Steve,

Thanks for the response. For your 24k did you mean 25k like in your other post? and was that with rebates? Thats great without the doc fee but I talked to many about the military and loyalty fee they also said proper documentation or the registration for the car to approve.

So im at 28170
    minus 1000 below invoice 27170
    Minus 1000 for finance 26170
    minus 500 for recent grad 25670

and then I will put a trade and down payment. Edmunds says 26,700 online says 1300 difference but the dealers say its because the edmunds price doesnt include like the bumber applique, tire locks, etc. So with the above numbers mentioned I would start at 26,700 instead of 28180, ill try it though!

Do you think there will be any sales for October like columbus day or any other rebate? Ive had had there is like Sonata cash and drive away cash because right now there is no "sales" extra cash and I find that not being very smart.

Thanks,

(name is also steve, great name)

Steve
  • Options
    coasterguyohcoasterguyoh Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2012
    I am trying to figure out if a deal that I was quoted is a good deal or not.
    2012 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid w/all options.
    MSRP: $32,370
    Out the door price with all rebates, lease cash etc.:$27,620
    Lease payment, 36 months, all taxes, doc fees, everything included, $ 353.00 a month, 12,000 mi a year.
    I am not sure of the money factor but they said it was the Hyundai standard for top tier credit.
    Residual is $18,127.
    This is for a deal in Nasville, TN. I know sales tax is 9.25 percent but I think the leases are only taxed on the monthly payment. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. Thinking about buying this vehicle this weekend.
  • Options
    greymattersgreymatters Member Posts: 4
    hi there!
    i have been looking for some inputs from someone in philadelphia regarding a GLS or limited sonata.. your post is exactly wat i was looking for.. could you tell me if you did buy that car you were talking about. can you please give me your msrp and how much did you negotiate and wat was your OTD.

also are you referring to the conicelli hyundai, PA ? they quoted the exact price for me..and also did you go through financing through the dealer?? i have an approval for loan from DCU .. which one should i choose in order to maximize my savings on this? *bombarding you with questions ,i know*

i am in a hurry to buy a sonata and all/any inputs would be much appreciated.
    thanks!
  • Options
    piezonpiezon Member Posts: 23
    Yes, I bought the car about 4 months ago. Limited with Nav/pano roof package in white (extra $200!!). Came with mats, wheel locks, cargo mat, bumper applique. MSRP was $30,105. Sale price before rebates was $26,250. I went thru Hyundai financing for the $500 rebate. Not sure what the doc fees, title, etc. came to but it was reasonable. Didn't get it at Conicelli as i live an hour north of Philly.
    The car is a "looker" and we get tons of compliments. In fact, good friends of ours liked it so much, they actually bought the EXACT same car but at a different dealer. It rides very smoothly and road noise is minimal. All in all, we are very happy with it. Good luck to you.
  • Options
    greymattersgreymatters Member Posts: 4
    oh that is certainly a good deal.. i am trying to work it with these guys but they are tough task masters i tell ya!
    thank you very much for the prompt reply.. enjoy the car!! i hope to get my hands on one soon!! (sparkling rubyyy!!)
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    It seems like Piezon did get the best deal in this forum on a 2013 limited Sonata with nav, wheel locks, bumper app, cargo mat, and the white color. His msrp was $30,015.... The invoice on this car is $ 28,004. Piezon got his 2013, sonata for $1754 below invoice, PLUS ANY REBATES... WHAT DEALERSHIP DID YOU BUY YOUR CAR FROM put the dealerships name in your post so people can call up dealer and try to get same price. The best price i got in the nyc area was almost $ 1200 below invoice on a white 2013 limited. plus reduced doc fee's 1/2 off price. anybody in piezons area get his email off line if he dosen't mind and get internet slaes mngr he dealt with and start at the price he got.. remember every area and state vary's in price.. the dealer hold back on this car is 3% of total msrp that is 900 dollars so if my numbers are correct piezon dealer lost the whole dealers hold back of $900 dollars plus another $850 dollars on his 2013 sonata sale which is very rare on a new model purchased in sept 2012... For 1750 below invoice i would drive up to 4 hrs to pick up car....... brian

• Options
    whatcar2buywhatcar2buy Member Posts: 35
    I put my car purchase on the backburner for now, although if someone makes me a very good offer, I am ready to scoop it up. I am also considering the Altima 2013 2.5SL if the price comes down a little. I test drove the Sonata 2.4L Limited twice and the only problem I have is the noise. I thought the Altima and the Accord(even the old 2012 models) were quieter inside - both the engine and the road noise.

On the upside, you get more features/better looks for what you are paying for the Sonata. The warranty is a little tricky too, the 10yr power train warranty has many exceptions you may want to closely look at.

The MSRP is around $26900 - 27000 depending on the installed accessories. Edmunds invoice is about $25,200 and I think the best offer I received (this was more than a month ago) was $23900. Conicelli was about $500 higher. This does not include any rebates/incentives since they are all applied as down money after adding taxes/tags/fees. With 6% tax and about $250 for tags/title etc, it comes to about $25.5 - $26k. If you finance through Hyundai, you can take off $1000 from this; and if you are trading in a hyundai, you can get another $500 off.

As you can see, this is a bit higher than the price you see people are paying on this forum, and I was okay with waiting rather than paying a $1000-$1500 premium. If you are considering the Sonata, you should definitely test drive the 2013 Altima and Accord as well.