Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevy Silverado-How much did you pay?

Comments

• bobs5bobs5 Member Posts: 557
    Thanks for your help.
  • pkuhlerpkuhler Member Posts: 1
    Guys,

Quick question for any who frequents the board...Does anyone have the Code for the LS package on a '99 Silverado C1500 Std Cab SWB? I am a bit confused by the wording listed on Edmunds site about how to differentiate between the base, LS, and LT Models.

Thanks,
    PK
  • bobs5bobs5 Member Posts: 557
    Maybe the Chevrolet website would have a better description between the different trim packages.
    http://www.chevrolet.com/silverado/index_lt.htm
  • jimmcdjimmcd Member Posts: 16
    Anyone have information on the larger air filter? Is it worth the extra money? Will replacement filters cost much more? I'm ordering an LT at invoice but the dealer does not have an allocation this week. They expect one next Tuesday. The Ride Control order "took" but I'll believe it when I see it.
  • sbreensbreen Member Posts: 14
    took delivery of my 5.3 extra cab SL yesterday, 600 over invoice. fair deal, probably could've beat on 'em a little more, but I'm satisfied with the deal.

What a great engine! I hear the '00 has an extra 15hp over the '99 for 285hp. Whatever the case, the thing is _stout_.

looking forward to many years of solid running.....
  • pcoreypcorey Member Posts: 2
    Bought a LT model off the lot on Monday ...
    253 over invoice. However, I did have to
    pay 288 for the advertisement fee, so
    really it comes to 536 over invoice. Still
    a good deal considering the only options
    it did not have was 4wd and engine heater.

I also had 5,871 in GM cedit card rebate ... oh
    so sweet.
  • barbiedoll1barbiedoll1 Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a 99 LS V6 Ext Cab off the lot yesterday. I called the dealer on Wednesday and told him what I wanted and he had the truck for me the next day. I paid $200 over dealer invoice and I got a $500 rebate as well. My salesman said the rebate just started yesterday and was for the V6 only. I'm feeling pretty good about the deal because it was my first vehicle purchase and I'm a woman. I thought I would be taken to the cleaners but it was completely hassle free. I like my salesman so much that I'm going to buy my next vehicle from him when my lease is up on my Monte Carlo. All the research I've done really paid off! I hope everyone else has such a pleasant experience!
  • vince4vince4 Member Posts: 1,268
    I just ordered a 2000 2500 LS 4x4 with most options. My local dealer wouldn't go below $1000 over invoice, I walked. I called the "internet manager" at a larger dealer and she offered $500 over, which is the number I had in mind. The "advertising fee" is still on top of that but even so the total will be about 3k less than MSRP. I think the internet has everything to do with this new pricing climate. The first dealer complained that they don't make any money on new cars any more. (and we all feel soo sorry)

I ended up at Anderson Chevrolet in Los Gatos, CA. Give Jerri Hall a call.
  • poolzypoolzy Member Posts: 12
    Which dealer did you use?
  • ryanbabryanbab Member Posts: 7,240
    Hey i was gonna buy a new silverado this fall but im gonna wait till next yr because the insurance was outrageous. I am only 19 and could afford the truck but $2200 every 6 months for insurance (statefarm no accidents or tix either) could get alittle hard to pay for. I was wondering anyone out there around my age between 19 and 25 would like to let me know what their insurance is and what company they have i would like to get an idea because when i get mine ill be 21. Thanks alot. You can email me at ryanbab28@aol.com i would really appreciate it.
  • mgdvhmanmgdvhman Member Posts: 4,157
    I paid $1800 every 6 months when I was that age. Just a fact of life being young. It was a long time to age 25 - (the last price break).

Not going to avoid that $$ with your age. Buy a used truck perhaps?...or bite the bullet!...we only live once you know..

- Tim
  • teaboy022teaboy022 Member Posts: 59
    Im turnin 19 in september... Just ordered a Silverado sportside 4.8. I am also wondering about my insurance rates and how much they will go up. Basically my Pop is going to also sign on the insurance to bring cost down...but i am sure it still will be a hefty charge.
    Even if my dad went in with me it would still be like $1600. I hate insurance thats the only thing stopping me from buying it right now. Its gonna be my first vehicle so im going all out. ANd TIM im not going used im getting mine straight off the truck hopefully itll have less than 1 ml on it. I cant even believe some of the complaints i am hearing about the new trucks. Its hard to believe but when u make millions u have to figure some will have problems face it not everythings perfect. Teaboy how come u didnt go with the 5.3 L its so powerful i couldnt live without it. Any of u have any tips on dealing with buying one like how to get the price down id appreciate it because the hardest part of buying one is color (im stuck on either blue, silver, grey) and the negotiations. Thanks alot.

Ryan
    Don't be surprised if it has 10-15 miles on it...right off the truck..

- Tim
  • jfransonjfranson Member Posts: 3
    Just bought a 99 LS Ext Cab. Told the dealer I would pay 3% over invoice. When he went higher I walked out and, sure enough, he met my price. As far as insurance goes, I can give you a few tips.

1. Buy a safe car
    2. Keep the miles down (the lower your annual mileage, the better - insurance companies give discounts for low annual mileage)
    3. They also give discounts for anti-theft devices like an alarm, a club, or the vin # etched in the major windows
    4. Go with a good company/those little no fault companies can't compete
    5. Get married (you will receive a significant reduction in rates if you are under 25 & married)
    6. Don't have any at fault accidents or tickets

Good luck!!!!
    Hey Ryan

I know its a tough decision... 4.8 or 5.3
    I thought about this for awhile and finally decided on 4.8... Reasons...

The 4.8 is cheaper... If looking to cut cost a little... that is a way.
    The 4.8 has 15 less hp than 5.3 for 800 cheaper
    its worth it to me...
    There was a test on ext cab 0-60 acceleration with the 4.8 vs 5.3 The 4.8 came in .2 seconds slower than 5.3... Not a big difference... 15hp does not add much more speed to the truck... a little yes.. but is it worth it?...
    Last reason is plainly... I dont need it ... Im not towing anything over 5000lbs so why would i need that engine... 5.3 has 15 more hp and i think 25 lbs more torque... but unless i was going to be doing heavy towing... no need for it.

I am going to be installing dual exhaust also when i get it so itll make up for a little hp too!!! Hoped this helped

Travis
    Get a Kbb invoice price list... See how much they are having you pay over invoice and deal with them
    that way... maybe print out the sheet and bring it to the dealership.

Also on color i ordered the Midnight Blue... graphite interior... I think the blue is an awesome color...
    I know the 4.8 isnt far from the 5.3 but there is a difference and i am getting it because ill be hauling a bass boat and its my first vehicle i dont care to much about the $700 extra. Oh yea the marriage thing aint happening i dont think id be able to afford a truck then and ill have no time to go fishing so ill stay single for as long as i can. Plus i can pick up all the chicks i can with a new truck. Chicks dig the new trucks hahaha
    [non-permissible content removed]..stay single as long as she will let you!...getting married before 26-29 is a Joke. you miss out on way too much of your life...course if you pump out the kids at 19-20....you will be 40 or less when they are out??...so which is better?.....all up to you.
  • obeardenobearden Member Posts: 34
    Anyone with information regarding Dual Exhaust on
    the new Chevy/GMC trucks please see TOPIC # 892
  • aaron_aaaron_a Member Posts: 29
    Hey I am 23 have a 99 z71 sle 4x4 Extended cab Fully loaded including leather wideside, I have statefarm insurance with 100/300 full coverag. No accidents, speeding tickes and a drivers Ed discount, maybe a 100 bucks or so
    I am paying about 194 a month.
    It comes to 1164 every six months.
    Hope this helps you out.
    Aaron
    Hey arron thanks it does i figure by the time i turn 21 next fall itll be down to like 1600 at least. Hey arron sounds like u went all out u got it all. I dont think im going with leather seats and all that but im curious how much did u actually pay if you would like to share that. Everyone i ask like at work ( i work in a lumber yard) says it cost them $35000 and i have yet to see one close to that much. I know they are lying but i would still like to know like what the final price was from anyone who will share. Thanks
  • rwagonerrwagoner Member Posts: 338
    The advertising fee is included in invoice if it is a regional advertising agreement sponsored by GM. If so, it is not included in the Kelly invoice price. Local advertising sponsored solely by the dealer is in addition to that, and some dealers try to add that on top of the regional fees.

At least that's how it works in Southern California.

Don't forget to shop not only for price, though. Some dealers suck at support, and if there is a problem they may not go to bat for you. Check reputation as well as price before you buy.

Richard
    Ryan- you found one a little higher but not much...

The price on the lot was 36k or high 35k, It also had a custom package on it(Colorado Custom) including wood grain dash and stearing wheel, Gold GMC logos on front and back, Painted mirros and grill (match color of vehicle (white)), 6 disk cd-changer, a device that opens your garage and two other devices, and a hidden Cell attenna.
    The custome pkg added about 4k but they just about threw it in there for free
    It has everything I wanted and more. I went all out and I plan to have to have this baby for a long time.. It would be easyier to list what I don't have really..
    not included are (heated seats) like I need those in AZ anyway :)
    Does not have the ride controll either.
    Included: 99 White GMC sierra extended cab 4x4

4x4 with autotrack
    3.71 rear hope that number is right
    Locking differential
    Towing package
    Z71 package
    Fog lights
    Rear defrost
    Heated Mirrors
    Keyless entry
    Power everything mirros, windows, ect
    Leather oak seats with 6 way power
    Overhead console
    Rear view mirrors with direction and auto dim
    I paid 29K for it minus a trade in
    it came to about 22K

Funny thing is I am only paying $85 more for it per month than I did a very basic 96 model.. go figure..
    I am very happy with the purchase, my famiy and GF love the truck
    Aaron

PS Not sure I can call it a truck.. with all the goodies. My mother refers to it as a luxery car..
    Where is the 6 Cd changer mounted?

And does anyone know it the single CD player can be used along with the changer (available through dealers)?

And does anyone know if the side rear view mirrors that are supposed to be heated AND auto dimming actually do auto dim? I have them on my LT but don't notice them doing anything different than regular mirrors.

Richard
    As far as I know ....there is no changer

And the inside rear view mirror dims....not the outside ones. They heat.

- Tim
    The 6 disk changer is under the back seat, drivers side, I wish they had put it in the console, oh well, it was preinstalled.
    Since it was considered a custom item, not sure if you can order it from the dealer or not, after market cd-changes to exist that plug into the Delco radio, if it has the AUX button on it.

Only the inside mirror dims, not the outside ones... maybe in the future, It will be 2 gazilion dollar option.. :)
    Aaron...
    So the sales literature was wrong ... it said the outside mirrors also dim. Page 50 of the '99 Simverado sales lit book under Standard Features: LT -- Extended Cab mentions "Heated Self-Dimming Outside Rearview Mirrors." It also stated such on the Chevy site as well as Kelly Blue Book.

The same mirrors are mentioned as an option for the LS.

Yes, the CD changers (6 and 12 disc) are available through the dealer. Not worth it if it disables the single player, though.

Richard
    The mirrors dim from the car lights so u dont get the real bad reflection thats the dimming feature. I think thats what your talking about. Hey anyone with a 5.3 L engine can maybe answer my question. Ive driven 3 trucks all with 5.3's and the last one i drove was real loud the first 2 were quiet i was just wondering if any of yours makes any loud noises? its noyt a real big deal but i just Happened to notice it. Does anyone also have any complaints about the new trucks like anything they dont like? The only think i hate is the inside doors handles. I think they are located to low. Out of everything thats the only think i hate. The thing that first impressed me on these new trucks was the tailgate protector believe it or not. I guess i get impressed easily haha. Well i thought id share keep the questions and answers coming this is a great place to talk about trucks at.
    Complaints not really, Improments several
    1.Door handles, could have better feel and differenet location
    3.I find it hard to get to some of the seat fusctions like the reclining, ect
    2. Cd-storage with console, the storage lid should fold down, not up so I can see the cd's titles, same goes with the power outlets and cig lighter, should also fold down, not up
    3.The sun visor, should be able to extend and the one on the passinger side should have a mirror that is hidden. GF hates this..
    These are only minor issues
    No lound noises though.
    Did you guys pay sales tax on your Destination charge?

- Tim
    Gary: Good job on your LT search. It seems getting a price at invoice is easier in some areas. My order is at invoice even though I have an offer at $100 below with no other additions except tax (6%) and title. The dealer I chose has a better chance of getting an allotment. Last week the order was rejected due to no allotment. This it week did not take because of a power seat shortage. Maybe next week.

Why did you order the air filter? I'm still trying to learn the advantage of the larger one. What is the cost difference of the replacement cartriges?

I understand the interior filters are only available at dealerships so far.

Thanks.
  • nycitynycity Member Posts: 1
    Hey all -

I am getting ready to order a 2000 LS XCab. I have a couple of questions:

1. I live in a suburb of New York City where all precipitation has ceased....probably forever. I have a 95 K1500 Silverado XCab 4X4 Z71 now and I like the way it rides, sits up high, etc. But I am thinking about going with the 2WD and adding a 3-6" lift instead. I don't use it off road really - maybe the beach sometimes. Figure I can save some green by doing this. Not convinced and I'd appreciate anyone's thoughts.

2. I'd like to hear comments on the locking differential option and its impact on both 2WD and 4WD models.

3. Anyone have an idea on the value of the radio delete - if any - on the LS? How decent is the radio anyway? Would you suggest going with the factory and adding an amp? Or go with the delete and start from scratch?

4. Anyone with experience with New Jersey Chevy or GMC dealers? The dealer that I used to purchase the truck I have now went belly up....actually merged with another dealer.

5. Anyone have an option that they could've done without? Or one they don't have that they're kicking themselves over?

Thanks in advance,

Pete
    I did not expect to, but I like the radio in my LT, as well as the way it stays on after the key is turned off ... something I don't thik aftermarket radios can do yet. Sound quality is good (I may upgrade speakers in the future) and reception is good. I did add an amplified bazooka tube to get some decent bass, and it made a huge difference.

However, if you want an all-out killer system, you probably want to start from scratch. I don't think that the factory radio has pre-amp outputs. I think the radio delete is a $200 retail credit.

Get the locking differential. It's much better than a limited slip diff, and with your driving would probably make up for any loss from having only a 2wd if you decide to go that route. Even with 4wd, I'd get it.

Quadrunner: what was that link you had for more info on the locking differential?

Richard
  • jimcarrjimcarr Member Posts: 37
    Richard,I'm not quadrunner, but I have the locking rear end by Eaton in a Z-71.

See the following address for information about the Eaton product:

http://www.torquecontrol.eaton.com/prodinfo/products/index.html

I believe it to be worth the money, especially here in Nebraska
    Ok call me stupid but what is the locking differential? I have another question has anyone had a problem with the back of the truck being to light like S-10's? I mean like when its wet out the traction in the back is bad and it kinda fishtails? I am just curious no big thing just wondering. Hey the radio by the way is decent id stick with it its only a few hundred bucks keep it if u dont like it buy a new one then. Hey dont go 2x4 and put a lift on it thats dumb and ive never really seen it done go all out Z71 itll be worth the $345 MSRP or $297 invoice cost.
  • mledtjemledtje Member Posts: 1,123
    I don't think the Z71 is only $345/297. You first have to buy 4wd for about $3K then you can pay the $345/297.
    Ryan: Locking differential is not a new option. It has been around since the 50's. Positraction and Powerlock are a couple of other names used for it. With it, one wheel will not spin without engaging the other. It is a tremendous feature and worth the money when one is stuck.

Pick-ups are by nature light in the rear. Extra weight added in foul weather is a good move but the load should not be loose and slip around.
    Jeez Ryan

Guess I need to buy my truck where your getting it from... Z71 only 345 bucks hehehe

I wish it was so!
    From what I understand, this locking differential is different and vastly superior to the old positraction.
    Yea the Z71 package lists for $345 dollars. im just talking about the graphics, shocks and skid plate not the 4x4 package. I think u r making fun of me becasue i didnt add the thousand or so for the 4x4 but i know that im talking about the Z71 package. Hope you understand
  • twevertstweverts Member Posts: 24
    Looking for a good dealer in North Carolina (I'm in the east central part of state)to purchase a new 1999 Z71 Extended cab (Loaded LS or an LT with trl pkg and tow pkg. Hoping to get invoice price or very close. Any Recommendations??? Thanks
  • planejaneplanejane Member Posts: 167
    I don't know, seems some people had trouble with the first year production.

Unless, you are trying to get a good deal on that model year... then, I hope yours is trouble free.

Good Luck. I know you will get a good price this time of year....
    So you are saying it is possible to order a Z71 package without the 4wd....

So i could get the beefier shocks without the cost of a 4wd
  • nocartersnocarters Member Posts: 8
    Can't get it with 2...
  • mledtjemledtje Member Posts: 1,123
    Z71 also requires LS or LT. It is not available on base model truck.

The only suspension upgrades available for 2wd or 4wd base models are the Z85 Firm Ride, Z82 Towing, and the Snowplow option.
  • teton89teton89 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone have information on buying a Silverado 4WD at a good price from a dealer in northern New Jersey?
  • foxyfoxy Member Posts: 1
    what kind of gas mileage are people getting with the 5300 z71 package?
  • jimcarrjimcarr Member Posts: 37
    2100 miles-worst 16.5, best 18.9 mpg
  • vince4vince4 Member Posts: 1,268
    There were some comments about the a cd changer connected to the stock radio. How does this work? Do you just push the CD AUX button to hear the player? Does it prevent you from using the normal single cd slot?
This discussion has been closed.