Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Dodge Ram: Problems & Solutions

Comments

• Options
    bmaigebmaige Member Posts: 140
    On the farm I found four wheel drive is just an added expense--until you need it the first time. I live in the deep South--in Georgia just north of the Florida line--so we don't have much problem with snow. I do have two four wheel drive trucks now, though, and both have come in handy in mud and plowed fields going to cows on the farm. My problem is one is a half ton and the other a Toyota half ton, so I need something to tow heavy trailers with. I am leaning strongly to the 3500 with HO engine and six speed manual tranny. The cow lot is muddy at times when we need to haul cows so four wheel drive would be nice, although I can get in and out with the trailer and a tractor. It's just aggravating to have to switch it from the tractor to the truck and back to the tractor for another load. Think I have found enough excuses to warrant four wheel drive?

How many miles do you have on your truck so far? I have a friend who has one of the older Dodges with a diesel and four wheel drive with manual tranny that gets around 18 to 19 miles per gallon on the road. He has 45,000 or so miles on his now. I've never ridden with him so I don't know how he drives it.

Thanks for the input.
  • Options
    loncrayloncray Member Posts: 301
    I've got just less than 10,000 miles - and I commute in it every day. The four-wheel drive is great when it's slick, as well as in heavier snow.
  • Options
    utloggerutlogger Member Posts: 17
    bmaige - I drive a '01 Ram 2500 with the 6 speed tranny and 4WD. This jewel of a truck has completely changed my mind about Chrysler products! In over 45K miles, it has been a flawless performer. Most of my driving is 55-70 MPH in fairly mountainous country. Average mileage is always over 20 MPG and the highest mileage so far has been 23.7 MPG. I'd buy another Cummins Ram even if it were priced several thousand dollars over its competition. Actually, based on what I've heard from drivers of brand "C" and brand "F", I don't think the Cummins Ram has any competition!

Regarding fuel filter changes, it's a very simple procedure. Just remember to bleed the fuel output line from the filter by temporarliy loosening the banjo fitting on the injector pump and then momentarily activating the starter. Also, it's MUCH cheaper to do it yourself. My dealer wanted over $60. to change the filter. By buying the filters from Geno's Garage in Atlanta, GA, and installing them myself, I save about $45 with every filter change. Geno's will even provide filter change information if you ask for it.

Just a side note, the torque generated by the Cummins HO is awesome. While the 6 speed tranny is cumbersome when trying to shift quickly when accelerating, my Ram climbs every mountain grade I've driven in Utah in sixth gear without downshifting. Also, keep in mind when you buy a diesel truck that while both Chevy and Ford diesels are rated "light, heavy" duty, the Cummins is rated "medium, heavy" duty.
  • Options
    bmaigebmaige Member Posts: 140
    I have never owned a Dodge truck but I'm leaning heavily toward them now because of the Cummins engine. I notice farmers around here are going to Dodges more and more, no doubt because of the service they give and because we have a dealer who will deal. I live in a small town and have a friend who wanted a Dodge truck. He lives in a large town nearby and was talking about going to Tennessee to buy one, so I told him to call our dealer, he did, and bought it here--only 35 miles from home instead of several hundred.

I hear the gas engines in Dodges live a lot to be desired in gas mileage, but I guess most do. I like the diesel for its pulling power, which I need on the farm, and longevity. If I invest as much as a new truck costs I expect it to last and not cause me any problems.

How do you like the four wheel drive in the Dodge? Is it all electric, or manual? Ford, I think, offers a manual, and I like the idea of having that capability if problems occur.

I also like to do my own maintenance on my vehicles here on the farm. When the friend I mentioned bought his Dodge diesel I told him he needed to learn how to change the fuel filters himself, get a couple of extras to put under the seat, along with the tools it would take to change it in case he got on the road, got some bad fuel, and had to change it in the middle of nowhere. I've had that occur, so I like to know I can do that without a problem. He found out his was such a pain to change he takes it to the dealer each time.

Thanks for the input.

Bob
  • Options
    I've got the Laramie package, which comes with the electric-shift transfer case - and I love it! Any time I get a little wheel-slip in heavy rain, I turn the knob and get magic traction. I can't speak to the longevity of the system, but it's flawless so far. It worked very very well in the winter we just had - during the President's Day storm I was driving around SE Pennsylvania and having a great time - until they closed all the roads.
  • Options
    jimmccjimmcc Member Posts: 15
    Just bought a 1500 quadcab 4X4 a week ago. Got the 5.7, averaging 10 mpg with the 5spd auto. Anyone else getting this type of mileage? Also passenger side window is much slower going up/down than the drivers side and last but not least my windshield wipers don't spray at all. Thoughts? Thanks
  • Options
    I've heard the Hemi puts a big nozzle up to your wallet and sucks away on gas money - one reason I got the Cummins! As to the windows, my passenger side window is a little slower than the driver's side - but not that much - as with the sprayers, you should take it to the dealer and get it fixed. They even replaced my windshield wiper blades - under 12k miles it's no questions asked!
  • Options
    dustykdustyk Member Posts: 2,926
    A co-worker recently bought a RAM Hemi Quad. He's said at 2500 miles his best has been 12.9 MPG. He stated that's all city driving, no open road (country) or expressway driving.

Dusty
  • Options
    hersbirdhersbird Member Posts: 323
    after 1800 miles my Hemi Quad cab 2wd is getting about 12.5 average but that is in the slowest ctiy, stop and go, hilly, driving you can imagine. I will go a whole tank w/o going over 45 MPH and I sit at lights a lot. Just coming home today it's 5.2 miles from my work to the hose and it took 24 minutes in 90 degree weather with the ac on the whole way. I think that my mileage is great considering. My last pickup was a samller dakota and it only got 10.5 in similar conditions, my Jeep Grand Cherokee, with the 4.0 only got 12 as well. Our awd 3.8 Caravan does a little better at 13, but even when I borrowed my stepdad's focus for a week it only got 16 MPG on my daily trips. I get on the Hemi for that 0-40 blast every chance I get too! On a highway trip we took I got better, over 18 mpg compared to the overhead computer which has been right on what manually figuring the mileage says. It will take some time to loosen the motor up, and also the computer has to adjust to your driving style. Also you should use 89 octain for optimum performance and mileage, not 91 or 87. The dealer issued a flash for the computer for the eariler Hemi's that was supposed to fix a rough idle condition in parking lot manuvers, but from what people say it also improves throttle response and mileage considerably as well. If your truck was made in the last 3 months it should already have the current software and Dodge suspended the flashing of the software anyway because supposedly it had some bad code or a bad procedure that fried a couple computers during the flash! Hopefully it will be back up again soon because I put off getting the flash and now I want it! Not so much for the mileage but for firmer shifts asd better throttle response.
  • Options
    barrye1barrye1 Member Posts: 13
    Your mpg will go up over time. My 01 Grand Caravan started at 12-13 mpg for the first 3k around 5k it had moved up to 15-16 and now at 18k I average 18 city and 21 hwy. It just will take time. Enjoy the power . I am waiting till I get my 2001 paid for to by a Hemi QC.
  • Options
    jimmccjimmcc Member Posts: 15
    Thanks for the great responses!
  • Options
    iowabigguyiowabigguy Member Posts: 552
    In the 2003 engine lineup the 3.7l, the 4.7l and the 5.7l engines all have knock sensors.
  • Options
    amoralesamorales Member Posts: 196
    Have 1100 miles on new '03 Dodge Ram 1500 HEMI-EXPRESS club cab. When i calculated mileage, i got 12.2 mpg. Trip computer says 11.8. This is 80% highway at 70 to 80 mph. Vehicle was built 4/03

I enjoy this truck greatly, love the power, response...i just changed the oil to Mobil 1 5W-30 SuperSyn at 1000 miles. Dipstick was full, which indicates a good break-in. Have owned nothing but trucks; F150's, Chevies and GMC since 1961.

Regards to all truck loving people

Andy
    BABYBOOMER HOTRODDER
  • Options
    iwphilliwphill Member Posts: 48
    On my 3rd fillup, getting about 16.5 mpg (almost all city driving) on my 3.7L reg cab. Have about 800 miles on it, great truck, lots of fun to drive, excellent power, although the stick shift makes the difference w/the smaller engine, I'm sure.
  • Options
    cfndbncfndbn Member Posts: 1
    Our 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 manual 5-speed Tranny destroyed itself at about 36k, Front end alignment is a continual nightmare forever pulling to the right no matter how many times we had it aligned, 42k smog system completely failed, 68k $278 heater core flooded the truck, at 100k the truck when brain dead and the technician at Turlock Auto Plaza said it just went to sleep. We love our Dodge but we are too damn scared to drive it more than to the mail box. We won't discussion our little pathetic Dakota. We are just very disappointed in the quality of Dodge products and have decided to purchase Honda and wake up for the Dodging nightmare.
  • Options
    hersbirdhersbird Member Posts: 323
    Yeh, Honda pickups are in a class of their own!
  • Options
    utloggerutlogger Member Posts: 17
    With the numerous 'problems' you list, isn't it a bit strange to come up with the odd ball comment "We love our Dodge but . . . "?

If indeed your comments are legitimate, please realize that any vehicle manufacturer can produce an occasional lemon. If you doubt that, check out the Edmund's Mercedez-Benz and Subaru Clubs. Both brands have enjoyed reputations for building quality vehicles, but many owners of those two brands complain about quality lapses.

With almost 50K trouble free miles on my '01 2500 Cummins Ram, I couldn't be happier that I selected a Dodge. In addition, Dodge pickups are the most frequently purchased pickups in this area of Utah where they are often used on notoriously terrible oil field roads. I've yet to hear another Dodge pickup owner here complain about their vehicle. The new Dodge pickups hold together well and provide very dependable transportation. DC has transformed a truck with a reputation of dismal quality, numerous squeaks and rattles, and a short life to a vehicle which most owners agree is a solid, dependable vehicle.

If you feel that you have a lemon, contact DC (Daimler-Chrysler). They have established a reputation of working with owners of troublesome vehicles - even vehicles with expired warranties.
  • Options
    mr_mbunamr_mbuna Member Posts: 13
    We're currently in the market for an affordable pickup and will be purchasing by the end of the week. Price is the primary concern. Due to the lack of availability of 4x2 1500HD's, we're currently leaning towards the F-150 SuperCrew.

We'll be using the pickup as a daily driver as well as a weekend hauler for a 6300 pound boat and trailer. Twice per year the truck will serve as the vehicle for a 600-mile road trip towing a 1500 pound trailer and a family of four down the East Coast from Maryland to South Carolina.

I've been helping my dad pick out the right truck and its been a struggle to convince him to see the light on a 5.4L V8 over a 4.6L V8 though I think I've been successful in that regard. However, 4WD isn't going to happen as he sees it as an unneccessary expense.

We're looking to find a truck for $25,000 or less after rebates and everything. What can we expect to pay for these trucks? Is Edmunds.com TMV pricing accurate, or is paying Invoice minus rebates reasonable, or do these trucks go for Less Than Invoice minus rebates?

Please share views on the Ford v Chevy v Dodge **for our application and finances** as well as recommendations on worthwhile options and engine choices, etc.

Thanks!
    Ben
  • Options
    Well, just my opinion, but they will all have their strenghts and weaknesses. The pickup truck market has become very fertile and as a result there is no longer a big competitive edge that one make has over the other. I think the Dodge, especially of the more recent vintage, has become the most reliable and less costly to maintain. But from a performance aspect they are very, very close.

If you're going to be pulling that amount very often I would consider the Dodge RAM with the 5.7 Hemi motor. It will have a lot more steam in reserve than the 5.4 Ford, although the 5.4 is a good motor from what I can tell.

Regards,
    Dusty
  • Options
    dustyk - The 5.4 v8 from Ford has had a head gasket problem over the past few years. I'd hope it has been cured by now.
  • Options
    Iowa,

Interesting. I do know of one 2001 F150 5.4 that had a headgasket failure, but that's the only one I've heard of, at least around here.

I guess there's a history of ignition coil failures on both the 4.6 and 5.4. I know of four so far this year alone. One was a 2003. And, from what I can tell, there are a number of F150 owners complaining about excessive power steering pump noise. And I know of a number more with cracked sheetmetal on the doors.

All-in-all the F150's still a good, solid truck. I can't think of one case I've heard of locally where Ford had to buy back a F150, although I'm sure its happened. However, that's not the case with the GM twins!!!

Bests,
    Dusty
  • Options
    emaleemale Member Posts: 1,380
    yeah, i'd agree that, overall, the 5.4l engine is a decent engine. there have been some problems with headgaskets and piston slap. although the piston slap issue is more of a customer satisfaction issue than anything else. however, there is one rare problem on the 5.4l and 6.8l v10 tritons that i've never seen on any other engine. some of them have blown spark plugs right out of the head!! that's kinda scarey!
  • Options
    b360b360 Member Posts: 6
    Its not any thing new for Fords. I had one pop out on a 71 360 engine. witnessed the same thing
    happen on a 57 y block v8. its strange, the plug will screw right back in, no thread damage. Nor was the plug burned up as it would be if being loose
  • Options
    emaleemale Member Posts: 1,380
    well, unfortunately when the tritons blow a plug....there is damage. and it can get expensive! i guess some guys are doing a helicoil (i think that's right) and that seems to work fro them...
  • Options
    nobleaggienobleaggie Member Posts: 1
    I have a 1500 QC with the 5.7 hemi. I've recently noticed that when the engine is cold I have a knocking sound that sounds like a valve problem. Once the engine warms the sound quiets considerably, but doesn't go away altogether. Has anyone else had this problem?

Otherwise I love the truck and the power is intoxicating.
  • Options
    mlauersdorfmlauersdorf Member Posts: 1
    Check the manual, I just bought one TODAY and I LOVE it. The book says to use ONLy 89 octane or knocking can result (it is a little confusing because they recommend 89 but 87 may be acceptable as well). Hope it helps!
  • Options
    wrldtrvlrwrldtrvlr Member Posts: 3
    It's been great being able to come here and see what kinds of problems I might need to watch for in a vehicle I haven't purchased yet. I realize that any vehicle will have some kind of problem. After all, humans are involved in the design and construction at some level. My '99 'Stang runs perfectly, but the instrument cluster and "idiot light" electical system has been driving me nuts. But I digress.
    If anyone has been having any really nasty problems with their Hemi platforms, I'd really like to know what they are. After driving the 4.7 in a Dakota and then the Hemi in a 1500, there is no way I'll go any other way buying a Dodge. Thanks a lot.
  • Options
    I looked up the exact engine specs on the Hemi and with a compression ration of 9.6 to 1, I really wouldn't consider running less than a half and half mixture of 87 and 89 in cold weather and if the weather gets above 90, nothing but straight 89. My 'Stang has a compression ratio of 9.4 to 1 (roughly) and it knocks under high acceleration in 95+ weather if I only run straight 87.
  • Options
    I have a 2003 Ram 1500 2wd 5-speed auto with the Hemi. I have just over 2000 miles and keep track of every tank of gas. I actually get a mpg decrease of about 1/2 mpg using 89 octane compared to 87. The only 89 octane readily available here in the Mid-West is 10% alcohol blend called gasahol if you are unfamiliar with the product. I have driven the same basic route under the same general conditions the whole 2000+ miles. I feel no seat of the pants difference between the different octanes and since there are knock sensors on the Hemi I should never hear spark knock if it does happen. By the way my average mileage runs between 13.2 to 14.3 with the overall average being about 13.8 mpg. This is about 4 mpg less than the 4.7 Dakota I traded but the Hemi gives me more smiles per mile so that makes up for the reduced mpg. Rick
  • Options
    I checked with my Dodge source and he tells me that they haven't had one complaint so far of engine knock. Of course, that's around here (Western New York State).

A fellow worker just bought a RAM Quad 5.7 and he says he runs 87 octane with no problems. Now that's unloaded. Since we are in a higher humidity part of the country I could see where 87 might not be a problem. You get in higher altitudes, drier areas with high temperatures, then detonation is possible I suppose. Reformulated fuels (ethanol, MTBE, etc.) have a reputation for detonation and preignition symptoms.

But Iowa's correct about the knock sensors. Unless the 5.7 engineers have designed the anti-knock circuitry to threshold at a point where 89 would normally be required, I would think that you'd be hard pressed to get the Hemi to knock.

Regards,
    Dusty
  • Options
    02ramman02ramman Member Posts: 62
    Just had my first head scratcher on the 03 Ram. The last week the cab has not been getting cool with the A/C on. Went to adjust the vents on the passenger side and it was blowing hot air! The two driver's vents were blowing 40-50 degree air while the other three were around 70-90 degrees depending on the conditions. This would be all right if I had the dual climate control, but I don't! haha. Took it in this morning to the dealer (they've always been able to fix anything so far) so I'll let everyone know what the fix is.

It seems I'm always the "first" to have issues with the new DR's. My old 02 had the dreaded die at the stoplight and lurch forward symptom, along with the mirrors snapping off. Hopefully this will be the last experiment!
    Steve
  • Options
    Ramman,

Sounds like a mode door in the heater box is not moving.

Regards,
    Dusty
  • Options
    srwadesrwade Member Posts: 8
    Hi all. Have not been out here for some time but noticed that several of you are still having Ping - Spark Knock issues. See this thread. srwade "1999 Ram Quad Cab Ping" Feb 18, 2001 3:56am
    If it does not work, let me know. I had the same issues and they updated the CPM which involved updating the emission control. Was a timely process as they had to get approval to change this but maybe it will help you guys out.
  • Options
    Wondering if anyone else has run into issues with peeling painted bumpers? Anyone know of a recall? I showed this to my dealer and they had not seen this before as it was not peeling around any scratches, etc; Unlucky for me my warranty expired about 10000 miles back so they would not touch it. I have an extended warranty but I guess it does not cover this. If there are many others of you with this issue, anyone know how to go about starting a recall?
  • Options
    I goofed by omission. Weather, geography, and fuels are certainly factors in whether your engine will knock along with compression ratio, timing, and the like. I neglected to mention that in hot (95+), dry weather with the big city smog reduction fuel additives (ether and such), my 'Stang knocks under heavy acceleration. Also, Tucson is at a high enough altitude that my 'Stang came with a high altitude package. Now that I'm driving it at sea-level in a more humid environment that isn't as hot on small-city-don't-have-a-smog-problem fuels, I haven't heard more than a happy growl out of the engine. Still, under "normal" conditions (sea level, no gasahol or low temp ignition additives, not too hot or cold), the compression ratio in the Hemi is a bit high to run 87 straight from what engineers and techs tell me.
    However, I'll always take the most bang for the buck, so if I don't have problems with mileage or performance with 87, there is no way I'm going to pay the difference for 89 with a rather thirsty engine like my 'Stang or the Ram's Hemi.
  • Options
    Just thought I'd give everyone an FYI as I do believe I have found what has caused my brakes to fail twice within 35,000 miles. I had taken into dealer multiple times for brake issues and kept being told nothing found. (They never removed the drums and looked...they kept doing an eyeball of the pads) Basically my brakes in rear were not working and had a couple close calls. I started to have emergency brake issues as well. I then had to pay for them to adjust the e brake which actually added to the problem. Once I found out the problem, my dealer would not fix under warranty but Daimler Chrysler did reimburse me for it once I contacted them. It was all related to the self adjustors seizing. This resulted in only a couple inches of pad on top being used to brake on. When brakes done the second time we found that the self adjustor on one side seized again but not as bad and we found rust in there which was odd since we used anti seize. Anyway this time we cleaned and caked it with anti seize and I have had no issues thus far. Hope this info might help some of you.
  • Options
    wrldtrvlv,

If you do some research, you'll find that the hemispherical combustion chamber is less prone to spark knock than a wedge chamber.

Back in the late forties and early fifties, the original Firedome V8s were running 7.5 - 9.0 CRs when pump gas octane was much lower.

Regards,
    Dusty
  • Options
    If i had to bet money, mine would be that you've got Dexron-Mercon in that transmission. There is nothing...and I mean nothing...that is more detrimental to a Chrysler automatic than having Dexron-Mercon in it.

A '99 should have had ATF+3. The replacement now is ATF+4. It's expensive, and the fact that it was a body shop that did it I suspect they didn't know that there was a difference. Around here even the quick change oil places have been using the wrong stuff in Chrysler automatics, for which there are plenty of lawsuits going on.

It might be too late, but I still think that it's worth having a Chrysler specialist look at it. I know of one fellow who drove about 6000 miles on a Chrysler mini-van with the wrong ATF in it and after it was realized they did a complete flush. He's still driving it 45,000 miles later but it doesn't shift like it should.

Keep us posted on how you make out.

Best regards,
    Dusty

P.S. Never been to Alaska but I know its a beautiful state. Maybe someday I'll get to see it. By the way, what's the temperature like there today?
  • Options
    I've had a 2003 Ram reg cab for about 2 months now. I don't know why I didn't notice it before, but the driver's door appears a little misaligned. It doesn't leak and the door seems to shut solidly, but if you stand in the bed, you can see from the top that the driver's door sticks up higher than the passenger door. It's hard to see at street level, and I didn't notice it until I got up in the bed to wash the roof for the first time.

Is this a serious problem? Should I take it back to the dealer? Other than this, the truck runs and rides great. What should I do, if anything?
  • Options
    I don't think there's a problem unless you are experiencing water leaks or excessive wind noise.

There is a tolerance on body panel alignment. Ask your service manager about it and have him look up the specification in the service manual.

I do not have a RAM service manual, but the one for the Dakota lists a 6.0mm gap with a 2.0mm flush for the front door-to-roof spec.

The body alighnment specs are found in Section 23 of Dodge service manuals.

Regards,
    Dusty
  • Options
    Everything is working so well on this truck, and it caught me off guard when I saw it. But there's no leaks at all, and actually, it's extremely quiet with the windows up all the way. I'm about to get my first oil change, so I'll ask them to take a look at it just to make sure it's ok. Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    whiteram02whiteram02 Member Posts: 2
    Dodge Recall #C-10/Dealer will install retainer in mirror to keep them from flapping in the breeze. Current Ram owners should have been contacted by Chrysler over this
  • Options
    whiteram02whiteram02 Member Posts: 2
    I have one of the many 2002 1500 4X4 Rams. Is there anyone else who is less than happy with how sloppy the front end got after about 18,000 Miles? It seems now, on rough road over 40 MPH the truck dances all over the place. Can anyone give me any input on this so I'm well armed when I confront my Dodge dealer about it?
  • Options
    bluegrass1bluegrass1 Member Posts: 50
    Anyone have comments on the newer Cummins HO trucks.
    I'm trying to decide btwn Dodge, Ford and Chevy.
    Been hearing lots of bad things about the new 6.0 Fords. Have not heard much on the Dodge and Chevys
    Thanks
  • Options
    I've got an '03 HO Diesel Dodge 2500. I love my truck. I've got twice the power of my last car, and I'm getting the same mileage (better on the hwy). The nice thing about the Cummins versus the other diesels is that the Cummins is a Medium Duty truck motor - basically a detuned dumptruck engine. The others are Light Duty engines - and won't last as long.
    Also, the 3d Generation Dodges themselves are just really nice trucks - I've had almost no problems whatsoever with mine, and I've put 14000 miles on her in 10 months. Whether I'm commuting or on the highway, it's very comfortable.
  • Options
    Thanks loncray. I am leaning in the Dodge direction but the Chevy looks good too and I've talked to lots of chevy owners and have yet to hear one say something bad about them. On the other had, several Ford owners of the new 6.0 have complained. I pull a 10,000 lb 5th wheel, so need the diesel.
    Thanks
  • Options
    When I went to order my truck, it really came down to Dodge vs Ford - I didn't really consider the Chevy. It just wasn't what I wanted. The HD Ford was really nice, but I'm glad I went with the Dodge, esp. now that the 6.0 is causing all sorts of problems. The new F150 looks like a winner - but only if Ford avoids all the recalls that have plagued all their recent introductions.
  • Options
    Thanks again Loncray. Could I ask you why you didnt consider the Chevy, was it looks or was something else the factor. The fact that they have had their new designs out for over a year now makes me think they have solved most of any problems they may have. I presently own a 1999 Cummins and have only have few minor problems, and will probably stay with Dodge but I like to consider all in order to get the best.
    Thanks
  • Options
    First - I've heard tales of problems with the manual transfer case shifting itself into neutral under heavy load, esp. with an exhaust brake. Some sort of tolerance is being exceeded. It's ironic - everybody expected trouble with the Laramie electronic transfer case!
    Second, I don't care for GM products on general principles. Not that DC is much better quality wise, but I like an underdog. I don't really like the looks of the Chevy's (though I like the Avalanche-style headlights that are out now), and I just got the impression that their trucks weren't as nice as the Fords and Dodges. And Dodge was the only way to get that Cummins locomotive engine!
  • Options
    I think the GM truck line is still having a few problems. If my several rides in both versions are an indicator, they still haven't resolved their moan, groan, buzz and rattle problems either, although better than they were a couple of years ago. I also know of several Allison transmission problems not being correctly resolved, and heard a few more.

Regards,
    Dusty
This discussion has been closed.