Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Altima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• peccadillopeccadillo Member Posts: 5
    I got a quote from a dealer for Altima 2.5S with SL package and automatic trans. for $22639 + ttl. This does not include a student discount of 500 that I am eligible for this would bring down to 22139 +TTL is it a good price? Please comment
  • nascar9900nascar9900 Member Posts: 48
    The price they quoted appears to be invoice minus the $1250 rebate. Using the student discount still makes it an invoice minus all rebates deal.

I think you could get that deal from almost any dealer in the country with minimal effort - as long as they had the specfic car on their lot.

You can probably get them lower if you are willing to negotiate. How low they can go depends on how many cars they have on their lot and what their sales goals look like.

Good luck and let us know what happens.
  • tollmantollman Member Posts: 1
    There is 2008 Altima 2.5L S advertised on June 17, 2008 at The Autobarn Nissan in Chicago at $18,500 (stock # N1763). At least that tells you they are willing to sell one at $3,100 off MSRP.
  • xhliu2008xhliu2008 Member Posts: 1
    Thinking about buying an Altima but may have to wait for a couple of months. Do you guys anticipate new incentives to be available after the current deals end on 06/30? Thanks for your insights.
  • mrbrown1mrbrown1 Member Posts: 2
    1250 rebate is pretty good for an Altima. If you want a standard 2.5S maybe waiting will pay off, however if you want a SL or SE you may not get the best selection at the end of the model year.

I purchased a 2.5SL with mats and mud guards for $23903.95 out the door including everything. I'm in NC. Sticker was 25,970...got the car for 24065 (invoice) + fees and tax less the 1250 rebate = 23903.95

Good luck
  • madpistolmadpistol Member Posts: 126
    It has been my observation in the last 3 to 4 weeks that SE and SL (2.5 and 3.5) models are becoming increasingly hard to find. The 2.5 S models are abundant on dealer lots, but the higher up models are much harder to find. I think people are starting to catch on about just how great the value of these models really are, and thus, they aren't even considering the vanilla 2.5 S anymore.

mrbrown1, you probably can knock another $100-$200 off that price. I got my 2.5SL w/ convenience pkg. for $24,665 "out the door", and based on what others have said, it wasn't the best deal posted. See if you can negotiate a little more out of them.
  • mrbrown1mrbrown1 Member Posts: 2
    madpistol, are you sure it was the convenience package, because the SL package includes the convenience package
  • quickreplyquickreply Member Posts: 43
    Here in Portland, they are advertising the S base package for $17,700. And I've seen them for as litte as $16,600 in the Bay area. Don't quote me on this, but the most recent copy of Automotive News, they list a $500 Dealer incentive in addition to the $1250 rebate on the Altima. So if you are curious how dealers can quote below invoice prices, there you go.
  • jchan2jchan2 Member Posts: 4,956
    And also there are bonuses for selling x number of Altimas; I was able to buy mine for about $400 below cost (Invoice minus holdback) because it was bonus time.
    Sorry. I meant connection pkg. Thanks for pointing that out.
    "I was able to buy mine for about $400 below cost (Invoice minus holdback) because it was bonus time."

Did you mean Invoice - all rebates - holdback?
    voisin - "does anyone think 18500 is posible on a 2.5 S CVT w/ convenience.
    ill be trying for that thursday ill let yall know what i get."

So, what happened? What price did you get?
  • desiboy123desiboy123 Member Posts: 8
    Has anyone recently paid invoice or below for 2.5S + SL package in the Bay Area (CA), not taking rebates into consideration? All the quotes that I am getting are about $1000 above invoice and the rebate brings it down to invoice. Is that a good price here?
  • spocpmspocpm Member Posts: 6
    I'm in the Los Angeles area. There shouldn't be too much of a difference between the Bay area and L.A.

I just picked up a 2008 2.5 with SL package, mats, and splash guard for $22,900 plus tax and registration. I applied the $1,000 rebate which brought it down to $21,900 plus tax and registration. I think the $22,900 is about 1,000 below invoice.
    spocpm,
    Did you negotiate over the internet/phone or at the dealership? I have tried both internet and phone, maybe I should just walk into a dealership and try there..
    When I purchased, there was no rebate if you took the financing deal; it was either 1.9% APR for 36 months or $750 cash back and I took the 1.9% APR.

I think it was about $400 below dealer cost (which is invoice minus holdback) at the time.. It was right at the end of the Year End Event, and I guess they were just 1 car short of a quota because on Dec. 31 they said they couldn't do the deal but then on Jan. 2 they called asking me if they could come to "my price", would I buy it, and well, I ended up buying it.

At the time, it was a great deal, but the rebates have gotten better recently.
  • spocpmspocpm Member Posts: 6
    Over the internet (e-mail). I got some pretty decent prices going through e-mail. I actually ended up buying from a car broker though. The broker was a little, but not much, cheaper than the lowest dealer quote.

For me personally, e-mail is the best method. I would not just walk into a dealership.
    How many miles should one consider "appropriate" on a new car? I know people who have bought used cars with 100 miles on it. What's a typical number that I shouldn't hesitate to accept? Has anyone successfully been able to negotiate a better price on a new car with "more" miles?
  • laur13laur13 Member Posts: 5
    I went today to price the Altima with the 2.5SL package. The dealer told me they are very hard to find (they had two on the lot) so I've decided to request some online quotes for the same package. The price the dealer quoted me was $23.7 before destination charges (I thought that was included in MSRP which was $25,700?). He said that included incentives which I believe is $1,000. I'll post other quotes but that didn't feel like it was the best deal out there.
    Milt, I've only seen that on purchases. The only lease deal I see on the Nissan site is a $199.00/month on some S models for 36 months with a down payment of $2,999.
  • nissan_galnissan_gal Member Posts: 6
    I am trying to get quotes for Altima with the SL package. The Price I have recvd is quoted as 500 below Invoice. Price before any rebate but including destination fee is 23k. Is that a good deal ?

Additionally, how do I know the holdback fee. The dealer says he is giving me a great deal since its 500 below the Invoice. How do I ask him to reduce the holdback fee.
    What is a holdback fee? I've heard there are "paper preparation" charges also???
  • milt7696milt7696 Member Posts: 13
    I saw that deal also, but it is not a very good. It is essentially leasing the car a few hundred dollars below MSRP. I have to lease a cat by the end of June and am in the greater Boston area, so I will take any suggestions.
    I will keep everyone posted on how I do.
    Read about various fees here, and this is the article that talks about holdback.
    Thanks for the info and links!
    $23,700 seems a bit on the high side, especially if it already includes the rebates; that would mean you're paying about $1000 below sticker, which is far above market value on Altimas these days. Destination is about $600-$700 these days, so its no small laughing matter to have to pay that additionally. (Destination is a legitimate charge, although when you negotiate, you should negotiate the final price before taxes, title, and tags)

Watch out for dealer documentary fees; they can vary widely from dealer to dealer.

I'd shop around at a few other dealers; this one seems to be trying to stiff you.
  • marcogallo1986marcogallo1986 Member Posts: 1,164
    yes he is rite might want to shop around ad least 30 or so dealers look in to and get internet quotes. yes this dealer is trying to stiff you keep us updated thankyou for reading
  • masha276masha276 Member Posts: 1
    I just got a quote on an Altima 2.5SL of $22,700 before taxes and tags. This includes the $1000 Cash back from Nissan.

Is this a good deal, or do you think that i can get it down lower, and if so how much lower?

Thanks in Advance
    Hi

Need some advice. The dealer has a demo car with 6200 miles on it. How much is a reasonable price to reduce for this car. The price being offered for a new car is 23k.
    We need more details; what trim line? what options?

I'd knock off at least $3000 if not $4000 to make it worth your while; otherwise, just go for the brand new one. 6200 miles is a lot for a demo; I'd consider the car "used" and treat it as such.

But to the person who's being offered the car for $23,700, see my note above in regards to a similar deal offered to another poster.
  • wyngatorwyngator Member Posts: 29
    Well, I am keeping you updated. I am going on my second test drive tomorrow. I took my second test drive of the Altima (this time I drove the 3.5). While I was at the Nissan dealership, I also test drove the Maxima. Now, I am headed back to Acura to test drive the TL once again.

I am leaning towards the TL at this time ..... will keep you all posted. Thanks for your help.

....Laurie :shades:
    If money is no object, the TL is a better car. There isn't really much that can say otherwise. However, if you're going for value, the Altima wins hands down.
    Thanks so much. Its the 4 dr sedan 2.5 with the SL package. A new one is being quoted as 23.7k OTD. So, 4000$ off of that for the demo ? Would I get the same rebates off the demo car ? I agree 6200miles is too much for a demo car. My only problem is there seems to be a dearth of SL models right now so I might have to settle.

Additionally, any insight/speculation on what might be the rebates after June 30. Is it worthwhile to hurry up and buy or waiting for 4th July offers ?

What abt the 2009 models ? Any clue on when they might be coming out ? I read somewhere S + Convenience package is going to become a standard in 2009.
    To the TL test driver, the TL might be your best bet, especially because there's a new one around the corner and the current ones are being cleaned out to make way.. (its gas mileage also doesn't help spark sales either)

Yeah.. $4000 is a good call.. I don't understand why there's a dearth of SL models right now; when I looked, there seemed to be plenty of SL models to go around, and a dearth of S models with the Convenience Package.

I don't know if Convenience will become standard; a lot of people skip that option and fleets like to buy the base model.. Maybe some components of Convenience will become standard, but probably not all of them...
    I've gone to 3 different dealers looking for 2.5 SL's, and they're selling as quickly as they get them. When I've checked, if they're not already claimed, they're out the door in 4 days or less. Most of them have the Connection pkg. too, so it isn't a cheap car. Only one of the dealers had one with the Technology pkg. and he said that there was someone that was interested in that one... What's up??? I thought the 2.5 S was the most common model, and there are TONS of those on the lots, but almost no SL's. Is supply not keeping up with demand or what? They're almost impossible to find here.
  • ham2265ham2265 Member Posts: 1
    I'm in Birmingham, AL and was given a price of $19,354 for the 2.5 S (CVT)including the $1000 and my graduate rebate ($500). There are only standard options on the vehicle. What is a fair price? How much can I expect to negotiate off of this?

Thanks,
    Allen
    I think a lot of the SLs are going to customers who are perhaps downsizing from an Infiniti or Lexus and still want a few luxury features?

I know the S is supposed to be the most popular model, and I suspect it is, but only because the S model is a rental fleet special.

In retrospect, I probably should have bought an SL instead of an S with Convenience.. You just seem to get so much more for the price difference between S and SL.. (I think at one point SLs were in the $22,500 range, which meant it was only about a $2000 jump for me)

I'm interested in seeing how the S with Convenience Plus Package models are doing.. Somewhere in between S and SL...
  • habiemhabiem Member Posts: 22
    anyone negotiated a good deal on a 2008 3.5SL? The dealer is offering invoice, but I'm wondering if I can get it lower since the 3.5s are probably not flying off the lot with gas prices. Thanks!
  • tomme12tomme12 Member Posts: 11
    Anyone in the Bay area seeing good lease rates on these cars? Im trying with carsdirect, but it's a pain. Cant seem to get my point across with these crazy nissan packages. I had one dealer quote me $299 for the S with no money down. But I would want the SL with convenience because of the audio jack on the stereo. I would think I could get into an SL for $320 a month for a 3 year 36k lease.
    If anyone has any tips on leasing, I would greatly appreciate it! Baby on the way and need to find that second car pronto!
  • lsp1lsp1 Member Posts: 3
    I'm supposed to lease a 2008 Nissan Altima, 36 months, SL and Connection packages, 12,000 miles, $1000 down. . .in about three hours! The bonus is they are paying for my repairs on my Cadillac lease return of an estimated $1,700 and my lease for three more months of about $1,000. All in all, my lease payment is supposed to be $378 a month. They have the car value at $27,000 ish. Is this a good deal? I don't need to get another vehicle for three months, so can wait for a better deal if you think they are out there. I'm in Lansing, Michigan. Thanks in advance for any advice anyone can provide.
    Sounds good assuming its the 3.5 not the 2.5.
  • lsp1lsp1 Member Posts: 3
    Nope, it's the 2.5. Sounds like I'm paying too much. . . I guess I'll ask them what they can do about it.
  • suiosuio Member Posts: 42
    (1) Has Nissan extended its $1250 special rebate program?

(2) What is the best price you got for a 2.5 S with or without the SL package in the Houston area? I qualify for Nissan's business associate's D-plan. I heard many have got better deals than the D-plan on Altima right now.

D PLAN
    * Dealer invoice
    * Minus VPP discount (Nissan 2.87% : Infiniti 1.65%)
    * Plus dealer added options, Security Plus, Infiniti Extended Protection Plan,etc.
    * Plus 2.5% delivery fee on dealer invoice after VPP discount has been subtracted
    * Plus destination and handling charge
    * Minus applicable incentives
    * Equals participant's purchase price
  • trolleyfantrolleyfan Member Posts: 7
    I bought mine at the end of March here in the Philly area and paid just under $25K, which included the $1250 rebate. This put me a few hundred below what CR said was the bottom line price to start from. Only options were floor mats and splash guards. No navigation. Find a Nissan dealer that has a few on their lot and is looking to move one. Your right, the 6 is not the popular one. By the way, I got two other quotes, one being around 900 higher and the other 2000.

Good luck. Nissan offered a bigger rebate for the Memorial Day holiday. Monday being the last day of the month would be the time to negotiate and deal, but you might want to consider they would be offering more for a July 4th holiday weekend rebate.
    The audio input jack is standard on all Altimas; if you're just looking for that feature, you can skip straight to the base model, where there is a lease special of $199 a month for 36 months, with very little down, I believe.

$320 a month sounds extremely high; I don't know how to calculate a lease, but an extra $121 a month to jump from the base S to the SL means a jump of about $3600-$3700 on the purchase price, when the difference should really be in the $2500 range, and probably not exceeding a $3000 difference. (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong; I'm a bit fuzzy on pricing since I haven't been in the market since January) If you're really going to spend $320 to lease a 4 cylinder Altima, Acura has a lease special of $329/month on the base TSX, which to me just seems to be a better deal...

V6 models should be headed to clearance pretty quickly; I'm sure demand for those models has tanked in light of gasoline prices. (although the V6 still gets pretty decent mileage)

For the VPP person, I think you should be able to negotiate a price below VPP. Altimas are pretty much going for below invoice right now (although the only exception seems to be the suddenly hard to find 2.5SL, but even those shouldn't be selling for more than a few hundred over invoice)
    sweet. Thanks for the info. A got a call from a dealer that said 25k for the 3.5SL, but he was including the college grad rebate, too (doesn't apply). Plus I'm looking to lease, so the $1250 isn't applicable, putting the price at $26750. Granted that's not bad, but I'd like to get it down a bit, or at least get a few freebies :) I'll probably take my chances and assume July deals will be better based on what's (not) happening with consumer spending right now.

Anyone know anything about the costco auto program? Worth checking into?
  • cward74cward74 Member Posts: 4
    Bought a 2.5S with the convenience plus package, floor mats, splash guards and automatic transmission for $20,950 Saturday. A few dealerships here in Michigan/Ohio are advertising a base 2.5S at around $18K and that is what I used to negotiate from and added the options to it. Of course the dealer squirmed and said they would lose money at those prices but after telling him I was going to have to check out those dealers, he came back with an offer that was $500 less than what my goal had been to end up at. Deal.
    Theoretically, if my numbers are correct, you should be able to get a 2.5S with the SL package for in the low $22K's.
    Your best bet is to research the Hell of prices on the car you want, take the info with you to the dealer, and be firm that you want that deal or you are going to drive how ever many miles away that the other dealer is. I'm pretty sure all dealers pay roughly the same prices for their cars so if one dealer can offer a hot price, they all should be able to. Like I said, my dealer balked, walked back to the tower, and came back in about 5 minutes with the offer. It was quick and easy. Probably could have worked down a few more hundred if I was in the mood, but I was able to get a good deal without needing to endure the stressful haggling process.
    FYI - the 2 dealers in Michigan with the hot ads were "Sterling Heights Nissan" and "Jeffrey Nissan" in Roseville.
    Oh, one other thing. If you are trading in, absolutely make sure you check your trade in value at Kelly Blue Book as well as a couple other sites. Print them and bring them with you too. The dealer tried to tell me the Kelly Blue Book value on my van was a couple thousand less than what I had just ran. He showed me his copy as back-up and it was discovered that he had "mistakenly" put in the wrong model of our Caravan. Fixed it and the numbers were much more favorable. I could have easily fell for it if I was unaware of where I should have been $$ wise.
    Is your 20,950 out of the door cost ? what are the rebates that you got ?
    No, was before tax and fees. I don't think you could do OTD for that amount for the convenience plus. You could probably get the basic convenience package OTD for a little over $21K.
    I used the $1250 rebate and the dealer gave another $2300 or so. Basically, you should be able to get around $3500+ off MSRP if the rebate is still available.