Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Nissan Altima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    marcogallo1986marcogallo1986 Member Posts: 1,164
    yea he is rite you should be able to get that car for around a bit over $22000 good luck let us no how you make out look at menny dealers and get menny quotes over the internet have you test drivin the car yet grate car thankyou for reading keep us updated.
  • Options
    yzfr104yzfr104 Member Posts: 1
    Hi there,

Do you mind telling me which dealer you went to?

Thank you.

FL,
  • Options
    wyngatorwyngator Member Posts: 29
    Well, its done. I did buy the Acura TL. I think the Altima is a beautiful car. I started my search looking at that vehicle. After many, many test drives .... I decided that I liked the feel of the TL. Also, I loved its navigation system. Honestly, I think the Altima has a sharper exterior, but I liked the interior of the TL better. I decided to go for that. Good luck to all of you and thanks for your advice over the weeks.

.....Laurie :shades:
  • Options
    lsp1lsp1 Member Posts: 3
    I went to Young Automotive Group in Lansing, MI. I did my deal with Skip Young, the owner of the dealership. He took my Cadillac SRX in early, 4 months, and paid the lease. He then repaired my Cadillac which had approximately $2000 worth of damage to the rear quarter panel and bumper. I had estimates from other repair places and dealerships, so I know that was the cost of repairs if I had to pay.

I leased an 08, S with the 4 cyl. with the Xtronic CVT. It has the SL package, comfort and convenience package, splash guards, connection package with the Bose and bluetooth and the floor mat set. The list on the car is $26,790 which is probably high because the SL package was added on the vehicle. The lease amount monthly is good and I can get more mpg than I did on the SRX, There are very few Altimas here in Lansing. Mine had to be brought in from Saginaw as I really wanted the XM radio that comes with the Connection package. I really like the hands free phone too.

Probably more info than you wanted, but I do like the car and will be driving it for the next three years, or less.
  • Options
    carfr3akcarfr3ak Member Posts: 2
    I suggest Everyone to not do what he is doing to his car.

What he is doing is putting the engine under tremendous load!

There is a reason why cars have gears, the first gear is to help the engine begin to move the cars massive weight, after you shift to the 2nd gear, the transmission helps the engine move the car faster and faster.

Imagine walking up the stairs, if you step one at a time, it's quite easy.

Now imagine jumping 2-3 steps at 1 time constantly, and you get a small idea of what the engine is going through.

If you have driven up a mountain in the improper gear, the car is slow and you heighten the risk of knock in the engine, and that is very detrimental to the life of the engine.

Knock is when the engine cylinder ignites prematurely at the incorrect time. Imagine All 4 pistons moving freely, when 1 abruptly stops, causing tremendous resistance to the other 3 pistons, the crankshaft, and engine internals.

I REPEAT: I SUGGEST YOU DO NOT DO WHAT HE IS DOING TO HIS CAR!
  • Options
    gregd1gregd1 Member Posts: 38
    Does anyone have any information on the Altima hybrids?

I know they are only available in: California, New York, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Vermont, Rhode Island, Maine, and New Jersey.

I was looking at some N Cal nissan dealer web sites. They seem to have lots of Altima hybrids.

-Can you get them transfered to a state other than these?
    -If I had family in one of these states, could they buy it and ship it to me? Or would the dealer transfer it after sale?
    -Could local dealers work on the car? If things went wrong?
    -Since this is a new hybrid, is there government rebates available on this hybrid?

thanks!
  • Options
    copacopa Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone had any experience with this company - www.servicecontractsdirect.com. I was looking for an extended warranty for my Altima, and their prices seem very competative for a factory warranty. I've tried searching for any comments on the company and can't find anything. Trying to find out if the company is legit.
  • Options
    milkman1milkman1 Member Posts: 80
    I am in Ohio and the dealer in my town has been bringing them in by the bushel charging an extra 500 bucks for the additional transport from wherever they are buying them from. They are all fully loaded so it's like 34,500 + 500 firm
  • Options
    Hey milkman1,
    Your talking about the Altima Hybrids?
    In Ohio they are bringing them in?
    Can you post the deal. Wondering if they have the service tech to work on the cars also?
  • Options
    My local Nissan dealer said that YES all Nissan technicians are certified to work on the Hybrids. However, I was told that they could not bring them in for purchase but I had to travel to state where they are being sold for the purchase.

I was told that this was because Nissan purchased the hybrid technology from Toyota and it was Toyota who was restricting how many states they could sell them in and the timeline for allowing it.

Not sure if the dealership told me the truth or not, but that is what I was told. :shades:
  • Options
    thanks,
    I actually have one side of my family living in Cal. So I was thinking they could buy it.
    But How to get it to Chicago?
    Would they then do a dealer to dealer transfer?
    Or would I have to ship it myself, like by train?
    thanks
  • Options
    My local dealership did not indicate they they could get it transferred to me here. They led me to believe that I would have to travel up north to get my car (I am in Florida and the closest place for me would be NE) and that I would have to bring it back here. Once I brought the car back home, they could service it. Again, something about them not being allowed to sell them in Florida quite yet due to the Toyota contract. Good luck .... why don't you ask your local Nissan dealer and see what they tell you.

:shades:
  • Options
    jchan2jchan2 Member Posts: 4,956
    I don't think your dealer can transfer the car in and then sell you the car in Illinios; you'd have to get in touch with the N. California dealer and buy it from them, but then have it shipped to you or your Nissan dealer. You'll have to buy from the dealer in California, but you could probably handle all that by e-mail or the phone.

I think Nissan may still have some rebates left on the Altima, since they haven't sold 60K yet; the Altima Hybrid is extremely low volume, to the best of my knowledge.

All Nissan mechanics are certified to work on Hybrids, so if you purchase one in N. California but take it back to Illinois with you, any local Nissan dealer should be able to service the car.

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    anyone bye an altima in Pa or ny Nj ct pleas tell all of us how your byeing prosise was thankyou for reading.
  • Options
    Buckeye in Columbus. I think there were 4 hybrids on the lot on the 3rd. They were all fully loaded. Think it was just under 34g total.
  • Options
    Whoa.. Are they used or brand new? I know Ohio isn't on the list of approved states for the Altima Hybrid...

And $34K is straight up price gouging.. Whoever's considering an Altima Hybrid in Columbus should probably give the 4 cyl. SL a try...
  • Options
    I am not sure it's gouging or not.
    I have been searching the Nissan dealers in Cal. mossy nissan has 43 Altima Hybrids!!!!

Depending on what is in the car. these guys have one listed at 33,700.
    But with 43!!!! Altima Hybrids I would think they would look to deal.

I have been emailing them. Trying to get them to answer my questions.
    But they seem to be hesitant to answer the question about transferring to Chicago.
    Also about the enegry credits left on the Altima hybrid. It seems like there is $2,350.
  • Options
    mlegoudesmlegoudes Member Posts: 2
    I've been shopping for an '08 Altima 2.5S with SL pkg and connection pkg. I'm in the Houston, TX area and the best deal I've been able to get is $23,995 + TTL. Just wondering if there are any thoughts on if I can get a better deal or not. Should I try to hold out until the '09 come out and then try to find a left over?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

-Melissa
  • Options
    I guess it comes down to the equipment.. I wouldn't be surprised if the fully loaded ones with Navigation are into the low $30s... You really do pay a premium for it.

You could mention that they have 43 2008 models on the lot when the 2009s are coming soon... Just remind them that these cars will quickly be old inventory.

You could just ask them to ship the car to your house, removing a Nissan dealer completely out of the equation. In that case, it would be a lot like an eBay Motors deal where you mail them a check, and they put the car on a transporter to your house. I think you might want to ask someone who's purchased a car off of eBay and had it shipped to them to help you out.

Worst comes to worst, you can always fly out, buy the car, and ship it back... Or just take a lovely road trip in your new Altima back home:)
  • Options
    trucker49trucker49 Member Posts: 18
    Well the only problem with that plan is the 08's are going pretty fast especially the SL's....it might not be a bad plan if you don't care what color or color of interior you get. The 09's are not supposed to change at all from what I've heard but early on doubt you'd get the 3.9% or thousand dollar rebate. That deal doesn't sound that bad too me...I heard with the incentives and all the dealers trading around to get customers the colors and options they want the average time an SL sits on the dealers lot was 4 days.
  • Options
    habiemhabiem Member Posts: 22
    Wanted to share my experience. I picked up a 3.5SL dark slate/charcoal interior yesterday. Only options were splash guards and floor mats. Paid 26817 without any rebates (it was a lease). Thought the price was pretty good, as from what Edmunds shows, it was about 650 below invoice. The rest of the lease deal was fairly straightforward, they didn't mark up the money factor or pull any funny stuff with the residual. I got 200 less than I wanted for my trade in, but 500 more than their first offer, so, all in all, not bad.

I'm in the St. Louis area and bought the car from St. Charles Nissan. Overall, buying experience was not good. The sales guy was rude, and they made you wait around forever - the process took 3.5 hours. I'd almost rather a rude sales guy though, because when they're too nice, I have trouble being stern on my offer :) The rude guys make me work even harder to make sure I limit how much the dealership makes off the deal.

They were the only dealership in the area with the color combo I wanted. I've purchased other cars from St. Charles Auto (the parent company of St. Charles Nissan) and have always been able to get a good price, but you have to be careful. They will gladly screw you if they have the chance. However, I've found if you go in there knowing what you're willing to pay and are firm (and your offer is reasonable), they'll deal.

I'd also recommend checking out Bommarito Nissan in St. Louis. They gave me the best internet price, and that's what it took to get St. Charles Nissan to agree to the sale.

Hope this is helpful to someone.
  • Options
    liveshotliveshot Member Posts: 7
    As a general rule for consumers..consumer reports, etc.. it is recommended to never buy extended warrantees. They are high commission items for the dealers.
  • Options
    I live in the Philadelphia market. 2008 Altima SL and Connection Package with mud flaps is quoted at $23,742 at Ardmore Nissan.
  • Options
    If you are leasing it doesn't pay to spend an extra 10 thousand bucks. Add up your expected gas costs for the time you expect to own your car and add that to your purchase price. Do the same for the hybrid's expected gas costs. What is the difference in price at the end of the ownership period? You may find the overall cost of owning/leasing a 2.5 four cylinder beats the hybrid.
  • Options
    I am negotiating at this time. I have received quotes from Ardmore Nissan, Allstar, and Conicelli.

Cherry Hill Toyota talked big about being the biggest Nissan dealer on the East Coast, but several phone calls later, they still hadn't simply given us a quote over the internet like everyone else. They just told us how they have our package in this color and that, and that they would match or beat anyone.

The bottom line price, quote from Ardmore is on an Altima sedan 2.5 SL and connection package is $23,742, for buying the car. MSRP $26790 . They produced our lowest offer right off the bat, and the finance guy was on the phone appearing to be very candid about the availability of this package. He said we could not get a Majestic Blue anywhere on the East Coast. We've looked and he is right so far.

The color options seem to narrow daily. Grey is ubiquitous, along with Slate, and White. Everything else is a search and transfer from some "other" dealer.

At Allstar Nissan, my initial quote on the internets went like this.. "the sale price of the $27060 has been discounted to $25458(cap cost) to prepare the quotes for the lease as well as finance using $3000 for trade... finance @3.9% by 60 months would be $414
    a lease @36 months $281." In fairness, they later came down.

A 36 month lease for 15,000 miles per year using $3000 equity is $270.85 per month included taxes and tags. The MSRP price is $26790 and the selling price is $24990. The rebate cannot be used if taking advantage of the special lease, I am told by Conicelli.

I haven't signed anything yet, but I have put a $500 deposit towards getting the dealer, Conicelli Nissan, to transfer a Black colored model to their lot from another dealer. I will be in touch tomorrow and perhaps we can do a deal this week. My concern is making sure I don't get back-ended into a corner at closing with fees and a bump in the total cost, resulting in a big payoff number at the end of the lease.

We intend to do a lease to keep the monthly payment down and are keeping the options open for better mileage and technology advances in the next three years on cars, now that car makers are focusing (we hope) on moving toward the next generation of fuel efficient cars, whether it's affordable hybrids, hydrogen, or total electric with plug-in models. We currently have 2 cars that are 10 and 11 years old, but we think we are on the threshold of technological change and want to take advantage of it when it happens, while paying as little as possible for our cars in the meantime. If we planned to hold a new car for 10 years then obviously buying would be the cheapest outlay over time.

But for now, Day-care for a toddler eats up far more money ($2000 a month, so appreciate having extended family helping out. We don't have that option), so lower monthly payments are a priority, if not the most sensible financial option that Suzie Orman would approve.
  • Options
    gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    Cherry Hill Toyota

I think you mean Cherry Hill Nissan? Don't wast your time there. They did the same thing to me...kept calling to go to their dealer but not willing to give me a quote.
  • Options
    OOPs.. thanks, it's Cherry Hill Nissan, not Toyota. We were looking at Toyotas, too. So they were on my mind. Thanks for the spell check.
  • Options
    wannabuyavalonwannabuyavalon Member Posts: 3
    Bought a 2008 Nissan Altima 2.5S with
    Convenience Package PLUS (includes alloy wheels,moonroof etc)
    Mats,flaps, etc
    MSRP - 24090.
    Price bought - 21000. (incl destination charges of 625)
    Taxes and Tags extra.
    Fine dealership - Faulker Nissan, Harrisburg PA.
    Great salesman - Keith Cline.
    Best car buying experience ever... No haggling.. Very trustworthy..
  • Options
    nice deal grate price I no that dealer ship is good was told bye sum one will look now there and at fits Mall to thanks you should post a dealer revew in that section of edmans.com keep us updated on those altima prices payed the 2009's are cumming out real soon and the 2008's are going fast. grate car this altima is good luck everyone. thankyou so mutch for reading my posting.
  • Options
    nancygirlnancygirl Member Posts: 1
    We are negotiating with a few dealers for a sedan 3.5SL. One dealer says they offer a Lifetime Powertrain Warranty that other do not. Is this sales-hype or something of valu.
    TIA
  • Options
    habiemhabiem Member Posts: 22
    It's a car dealership, right? I'm sure it's at least partially sales hype :) I'd ask to see a copy of the warranty and read it carefully to see what maintenance/records you need to keep in order for the warrant to be valid. I've seen some of those things where, if you can't prove you had the dealership change the oil at exactly 3,000 miles every time, the warranty is void. Granted, if they're willing to match the lowest price of any other dealership, then, sure, it's an added value, even if it has a ton of stipulations.

I just got my 3.5SL for 26817 before any rebates, which I thought was a decent deal. Hopefully that's helpful.
  • Options
    Do not buy an extended warranty. From Consumer Reports... Extended warranties. Not worth it for a new car that has a high reliability rating, especially with today's long factory warranties. "

"Negotiating Tips and Traps
    Always bargain up from the Consumer Reports Bottom Line Price, not down from the invoice or sticker price.
    Keep price negotiations separate from negotiating the trade-in price and financing terms. If the salesperson asks about a trade-in or financing before you've settled on a price for the new vehicle, explain that you haven't yet decided and continue to negotiate the new-car price.
    Insist on a firm price quote on the spot and write the figure down.
    Shop around, get quotes from more than one dealer.
    Don't be pressured into accepting a price that's "good only if you buy today." A legitimate quote should be good tomorrow as well (although rebates and special promotions may have a cut-off date).
    Don't answer questions like "How much do you want to pay?" or "What do you think I'm entitled to make?" Make the salesperson give you a quote; he or she knows the business.
    Get up and leave if you get a firm price that a sales manager later rejects.
    Don't give a deposit before you settle on a price. Once you settle on a price make sure to get a receipt for your deposit and a signed copy of the quote.
    If a customer rebate is available, you may have a choice of cash or special low financing terms. You'll need to evaluate your other financing options before making a final decision.
    Whether or not a rebate is available, ask the dealer about financing terms. Manufacturers s ometimes offer below-market loans. Always compare the dealer's terms to those offered by a bank or credit union.
    Don't get too attached to one model. You'll bargain from a stronger position if you can walk away from the deal.
    Watch out for.....
    Be aware of any extra charges that may appear after you've agreed on a price. These items may include:

Dealer "packs." Reject items such as rust proofing, fabric protection, "pre-delivery inspection" charges, pinstripes, and paint sealant.
    "Conveyance" or "document" fees. These charges for processing paperwork are sometimes negotiable.
    Extended warranties. Not worth it for a new car that has a high reliability rating, especially with today's long factory warranties. "
  • Options
    realbigchuckrealbigchuck Member Posts: 1
    Was looking around for new Altima deals, and have been looking for a 2008 2.5s Automatic, with no other bells and whistles. I found this deal today, which seemed too good to be true and like something I should jump all over, but wanted others thoughts: link title
  • Options
    gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    I think they forgot a line that says "Cash/Trade = $ ..." because $21940 - 1250 - 500 - 2941 != $14,308. You need to deduct another $2972 to get to $14,308.
  • Options
    Based on that add I assume 2941 is what they will take off if I put down a down payment of 2941 based on that other add in the clipping. So if one then takes off the 1000 rebate with the 3.9 financing that would be a better deal than I have heard posted on here until now for the Altima.

Is anyone actually getting close to this?
  • Options
    cward74cward74 Member Posts: 4
    So the real deal is for $17,749 when you ignore the cash down and college grad discount. That is still a good deal. Not as good as the misleading 14K they advertise it at but still a little under where I have seen most ads so far. Most ads have been about $18K for the 2.5S. Be careful though with a dealer like this that appears to play games with numbers!!
  • Options
    would watch out could be a scamm let us all no if this is true good luck Marco
  • Options
    colorstampscolorstamps Member Posts: 7
    One or two weeks ago, I went to the local dealer in Iowa City, IA and offered them $19000 + TTL for a basic Altima 2.5S Auto and they rejected me within a few minutes and I walked out quite disappointed and looked at like an idiot for offering such a "low" price. It was a Saturday and the weather was pleasant and many people were test-driving their Altima.

I asked around for an internet price quote before I went there and thus the internet sales person from the same dealer has been emailing me all the time and I think I will give them another try, so I offered him $18500 yesterday through email. Today he replied back and said they would accept the original $19000 offer.

Do you guys think I should stick to my latest offer of $18500? I am kind of wondering why they did not accept my $19000 offer two weeks ago, while now it seems they are happy to accept that price. If they had accepted that offer two weeks ago, I would have bought it right on the spot. My gut is telling me at that time the sales manager does not even bother to bargain with me just because of my poor appearance and probably not being a Caucasian :)
  • Options
    mayadawn77mayadawn77 Member Posts: 7
    Hmmmm....interesting. I would stick with 18,500 for sure. I havent heard of anyone paying more than that for the basic model. I was given 2 quotes just under 18,000 for that model.
  • Options
    colorstampscolorstamps Member Posts: 7
    Obviously here in Iowa City, they don't lack customers and thus all dealers at Toyota, Honda and Nissan talk like you are begging them for a sale.
  • Options
    adcz94adcz94 Member Posts: 11
    Hi guys/gals,

I am in market for a 08 Altima 2.5S sedan with SL package. I did my research and some bargaining over phone and the best offer i got in and around Nashville was 22240+tax. Dealer says total with tax and everything should come under 24400. What do you guys think is this a good price or should i bargain some more ?
    Just to put things in perspective Edmunds.com TMV after rebates says 22782+tax so already i am about 550 $ below the TMV. Did anyone bought a car with SL package recently and if so how much did you pay?

Thanks in advance
  • Options
    mlegoudesmlegoudes Member Posts: 2
    I would certainly take the deal if I were you...I have been shopping for a 2.5S with SL package and connection pkg. in the Houston, TX area and the best deal that I have been able to find is $23995 + TTL. I think I have a deal in the works to drive out for $25K, but I had to use my boyfriends VPP pricing with Nissan to get to this deal and I still had to talk them down about another $650 dollars to get to the $25K, as that was my OTD ceiling.

Good luck...hope you get your car!
  • Options
    Well as i said the dealer off the bat offered 22500 and i just bargained to get them to 22240, thats why i was wondering if i should do a bit more bargaining. Also i only have the SL package and not the connection package. I have one more dealer to go to and hopefully i can get him down to 22K + tax. You are right though this is a really sweet deal and I won't mind at all paying this price.
    Interesting thing is that one dealer told me he won't be getting any more 08 Altimas and future Altima stock coming in would be all 09's. That sounded "interesting" as the 09 Altima isn't even officially announced yet.
  • Options
    schwippertschwippert Member Posts: 1
    i have been reading this site for some time now and it amazes me. i live in mississippi, where they make the altima just about 25 miles up the road. yet none of the local dealers will let anyone get near the prices listed on this site. i am so turned off on the prices of the basic altima cvt (lowest price 19k plus usual taxes, but usual price of 20k). i am ready to give up on nissan when i see dealers in other states offering as low as 17k plus costs.
  • Options
    madpistolmadpistol Member Posts: 126
    I wouldn't expect to get much lower. I paid $24,665 for a 2.5 SL out the door @ Crown Nissan in Hoover, AL, and that was with the Connection pkg. If I were you, I'd aim for about $24k or a little under as an out the door price. If you can get them there, that's a deal.
  • Options
    We leased on july 18 at the previously posted total price of 24990 and the monthly for 36 months is 268 dollars, with $3000 trade in. Altima, with SL and connection pkg.
  • Options
    not a bad leese nice deal. what color and options did you get. good luck with it grate car. thankyou for reading my posting
  • Options
    kenny1okkenny1ok Member Posts: 1
    I live in MA & looking to get an Altima w/ the 2.5 SL, Connection, and Technology package. That goes for ~$29,150 MRSP. What price range should I expect to pay for this type of car?
    Also, in my area or nationwide, there is an incentive for $1250 & also $500 for college students that supposely ends on 7/31. Should I rush and get these incentives asap in my negotiation or do you think in August there will be better incentives?
  • Options
    Finally after a lot of searching around and bargaining i bought my car yesterday. I got a 2.5 S precision grey 08 Altima Sedan with the SL package. As always thr were some accessories that "came" with the vehicle (mats, splash guard, moonroof visor, aluminium kickplates and med kit). I made them remove the med-kit but i got everything else for 24238 OTD price. Also the dealer had a compulsory ETCH program which is a sort of security program but i made him give that to me for free (he said it goes for like 350-400 $ value which was bull according to me).
    But I am very happy with this deal and its certainly better than what most of the other dealers were asking for. For people in and around Nashville i believe Nissan of Rivergate has the best rates compared to all other people. Very less bargaining and overall great service. Beware of downtown nissan though he quotes real low prices but has a 599$ processing fee which will bring the OTD value of car way above the other dealer prices.
  • Options
    trigger013trigger013 Member Posts: 2
    I am looking to pick up and 06 used Altima S, with low to moderate miles. I live in the tristate area (NY,NJ,CT). The KBB value is 15,740 (The TMV site is down on edmunds.) I have time to wait, how low do you think I can get a dealer on the price? I am not to particular about options or color. I am horrible at negotiating with dealers and have learned twice the amount about care sales in the last 24 hours then I knew previously. I still know barely nothing and am a car salesman's dream unfortunately.