Options

Infiniti G35 Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• Options
    jjy2kjjy2k Member Posts: 2
    I bought 2004 G35 Sedan last month. Few days ago, at 500 miles, while waiting for the light to turn green at the stop light, all of a sudden my car started to accelerate very sharply. I have automatic transmission, so I had my foot on the brake when the car started to rev up sharply. There were several cars in front of me and I had to push the pedal very hard to avoid hitting the cars in front of me. When I realized what was happening, I quickly shifted the gear nob to neutral. The car continued to rev up to 7000rpm before slowing down to normal. It was indeed very scary moment for me. It was very hard to control the power of this car but the brakes did a wonderful job of keeping this car in control. This is the only time that car accelerated on its own. I have not talk to the dealer yet as I know that if they can't replicate the problem, they will not know what the real problem is as I have read the few posts that had the similar problems before. This is a very serious safety issue and I hope Infiniti can find the source of the problem before people start crashing and dying. If anyone had this problem and the dealer was able to pinpoint the problem, please post the solution here or email me.
  • Options
    dklaneckydklanecky Member Posts: 559
    If this is a serious post, you'll need to provide an e-mail address for communication in your profile?

I find it hard to believe this can happen to anyone who would then say "I haven't talked to the dealer yet".

Personally, I wouldn't drive the car another 10 feet if this really happened and would insist on having the dealer tow it in immediately for analysis/repair.

This (if true, and I am highly suspicious about that) could seriously injure or kill a whole lot of people if it happened in the wrong circumstances.
  • Options
    kdshapirokdshapiro Member Posts: 5,751
    If it was real and it was my car, Infiniti, my dealer and the NHTSB would have already heard about it.
  • Options
    q45manq45man Member Posts: 416
    They have made over 120,000 leftside drive G35 [s&c combined] and sold 93k so far in US alone.
    For a brand new design I would expect 1% problem cars.....1200.

When the Audi purportedly had the self acceleration problem [80's] after spending $20,000,000 researching it, they never did find a problem. Couldn't duplicate it in lab or on the road.
  • Options
    "They have made over 120,000 leftside drive G35 [s&c combined] and sold 93k so far in US alone.
    For a brand new design I would expect 1% problem cars.....1200. "

Actually autosite.com doesn't support that assertion, but I would expect a 10-20% issues overall.
  • Options
    jjy2kjjy2k Member Posts: 2
    dklanecky, My email address is corplex9@yahoo.com. The reason I have not taken to the dealer yet is that there were atleast two (post no. 751 and 954) another people on this forum who had this problem and when they took it to the dealer, the dealer was unable to replicate the problem and there were no repairs done to solve the problem. I hope that other people who had this problem will come forward and post on this forum. Hopefully, there is a dealer out there who knows the real problem.
  • Options
    tominfitominfi Member Posts: 4
    I do not find any complaint or record on this "sudden acceleration" at the NHTSA. Shouldn't one think this is a very serious problem to file a complaint through this office before posting on the board and wait for more discussion?
  • Options
    cheerioboy26cheerioboy26 Member Posts: 412
    These recent posts concerning sudden acceleration are the first I've seen on this car. I own one and haven't experienced this in 17 months of ownership. There are no reports to my knowledge on another very popular Infiniti forum as well. I've been on both boards since before the car's introduction.
  • Options
    dklaneckydklanecky Member Posts: 559
    My point exactly.

I frequent a lot of the Nissan and Infiniti boards and forums also and haven't seen anything like this reported, anywhere by anyone except right here.

I came very close to getting the G35C back in late December '02 and still plan to make that my next vehicle (one of the primary reasons I still follow this board.)

If a true issue, then you report to your dealer and Inifiniti immediately and not go posting on some message board somewhere asking if anyone else is having the "problem".

If something like this does happen, you have to immediately stop the car and have it towed in to the dealer.

I'm virtually certain that the dealer will be able to read the error code in the cars computer, regardless of what other posters on these boards have said their dealers did or did not do about it.

There's simply no way a car does this and doesn't record the issue in it's computer for retrieval.
  • Options
    ficussficuss Member Posts: 541
    Do any Infiniti models have a black box similar to G.M vehicles? If so the box would have recorded accelerator position and other critical items just before the key was turned off.
  • Options
    clpurnellclpurnell Member Posts: 1,083
    That once the brake problem has a resolution there is this rash of sudden acceleration. If it is true I would have pulled to the side of the road and had it flat bedded straight to the dealer.
  • Options
    chrisbothchrisboth Member Posts: 493
    Wasn't that the one with sudden acceleration syndrome. Turns out most people were suing cuz they were embarrassed they floored the gas instead of the brake. Usually happens in the garage..
  • Options
    clpurnellclpurnell Member Posts: 1,083
    What size shoe do the people experiencing this problem have :) I am driving a base (no leather) G as a loaner vehicle as I get my oil changed. This thing is quite the machine. I can't wait for the M35 to be released. If they can keep the good parts of the G with a larger and better appointed interior I might have found the replacement for my FX when the lease is up.
  • Options
    gabmangabman Member Posts: 284
    Thought I would take the time to update everyone on my Brake story with Infiniti. I was one of the first on this board to take delivery of my G35, March 2002 (1 month before vehicle went on sale is USA) and as such I was the first to post about potential problems with premature brake wear ( see posts #234 Sept 10/02 & # 491 May 3/03).

On Nov 8/02 with 21197 KMS ( 13,248 miles) my front pads were replaced Cost - Cad $ 211.45

On Feb 17/03 with 27,863 KMS (17,414 miles) front pads and discs were replaced. Cost - NIL , dealer replaced as goodwill.

On Sept 11/03 with 44,051 KMS (27,531 miles)
    Rear brakes replaced and drums turned Cost Cad $ 342.54
    Front pads replaced . Cost - Cad $ 180.82
    Front Discs replaced. Cost Nil (Dealer goodwill)

Although I haven't posted anything here in some time, I am a regular reader and once I heard about Infiniti's decision to step up and be counted by standing behind their excellent product, I called Infiniti Canada who told me to document the brake history and to fax them copies of my paid invoices which amounted to Cad $ 734.00.

I did this last week and spoke with them today. They advised me that that a 100% refund of all amounts paid will be mailed to me next week.

So I suggest that any other Canadian owners with same issue not wait for any letters, simply fax Infinit Canada a recap and copies of your work orders. Their Fax number is (905) 629-6553

Only other problem I have with my G is a rocking driver seat for which dealer has already replaced the seat tracks about 6 months ago. Guess it is time to pay them another visit.

By the way I also bought another car 2004 Acura TSX,for the wife, have to say it is also a great car.

On a last note, I would like to thank everyone here who takes the time to contribute. If it wasn't for everyone here taking the time out to make a difference, I sincerely doubt that this issue would have come to such a good conclusion.

And a big thank you to Edmunds for giving us a forum on which to communicate.

19 months later and still loving my G.
  • Options
    msisengmsiseng Member Posts: 369
    And would add a thanks to the US NHTSA at: http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/

When many speak, sometimes people have no choice but to listen.

How do you compare the Acura to the Infiniti, gabman? Is there torque steer associated with the Acura of is this a non-issue?
  • Options
    gabmangabman Member Posts: 284
    In my opinion you cannot compare the TSX to the G35, they are two very different cars in two different price brackets. I think the new Acura TL would be a better comparehison.

With that said, the TSX is a great bang for the dollar, but you still have to remember it is a 4 cylinder car. Even though there is more than enough power and the interior is both spacious and
    very very well appointed, you still hear the whine that only a 4 cylinder engine can make.

I still love driving it , when I am allowed (LOL),
    the handling is very tight and the drive very enjoyable.
  • Options
    normalonormalo Member Posts: 16
    I own a G35 sedan with AT. Starting at about 7500 miles my brakes are squeaking when I press the brakes as I am backing up. Now I hear it from time to time when going forward. I have read some of the previous posts, so is it safe to assume that the dealer will take care of it or are they going to tell me that I live up in the mountains and that is why I have to pay them for a brake change?
  • Options
    If your pads are worn out and must be replaced, Infiniti will now pay for them for 3yr/36K.
  • Options
    carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,498
    Are both front and rear brakes covered, pads as well as rotors?

My G's front light plastic lens covers are both cloudy and marred (i.e. scratched and mottled). Does anyone think this would or would not be covered as far as replacement? Car has 23,000 mi. and it's going in Fri. for rear brake pads.
  • Options
    It definitely icludes rotors, and I don't recall it saying specifically rear or front bakes so I assume both are covered.

There are a couple of products on the market that are supposed to be able to clean the lenses. I need to check them out too, epsecially for my Maxima. One is made by 3M and another by Meguiar's I think.
  • Options
    OOOPS...I meant the Acura TL.

Know what you mean about being allowed to drive something ;-)
  • Options
    Thanks to all fellow posters and people who emailed me. I took the advice and went to Passport Infiniti in Alexandria, VA. What a difference between them and other Infiniti dealers.

Great service, friendly people and the work is done right the first time. They replaced the rotors and the brake pads and did some other work.

It is worth the long ride for those of us in Maryland and DC. We no longer need to endure the poor attitude of our other local dealer(s). Passport sets and raises the bar for others. I rate them a 10 out of 10.

Expect Passport to take away business from other local dealers. I recommend Passport to anyone in the Washington, DC area.
  • Options
    iniki13iniki13 Member Posts: 7
    Has anyone else experienced pain from sitting in the the G35 seats for more than an hour?

This may seem strange, (I personally have never had pain from sitting in a car seat) but we actually had to return the car - for a substantial loss - due to just that.

We purchased the coupe on Sunday and Monday we drove it to work - 40 miles one way. By the time we got home, mine and my wifes thighs and legs were very painful. We immediately called the dealer and they did allow us to "trade" into the sedan MSRP to MSRP on Tuesday night. But after two more days the pain was not going away, and in fact would be much pronouced followed any ride in the car. On Saturday we went back to the dealer.

They explained it wasn't their fault we had pain. If we wanted to sell the car back to them they would give us $4,400.00 less then we paid with only 387 miles on the car.

I am not fat (5' 10" 185lb), and my wife is much smaller. This happened with two cars (the '04 Coupe and Sedan) and I can't believe we're the only ones to experience this.

If anyone has experienced discomfort please post.

Thanks
  • Options
    I'm glad you were able to fit it in a trip to Passport, and see first hand what many of us are talking about. Glad to hear it went well. It's worth the trip!
  • Options
    Most of us experience the discomfort and then get used to it. Infiniti has a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) to aid with the discomfort. Ask them to perform TSB - ITB03-018. The part number is: S-87326-AL500. It is a piece of trim placed between your thigh and the seat controls.

It does not take away the pain altogether, but does help the issue a great deal. In the end, it may save you $4,400.00. Also, how did the dealer derive this figure?

Another thought: will the dealer take the car back if you buy something else from them?
  • Options
    I'm not sure how they came up with the $4,400 figure. They said it was $1000 back of invoice, but that doesn't add up. Nevertheless, we are in the car at least 2 hours a day and cannot be in pain the whole time so we had no choice but take the loss.

I spoke with the service manager about it and he said we were the only ones to complain of the pain and he had zero ideas.

I am contemplating speaking with an attorney about a class action suit if this is a wide spread issue. What I do know is that a $35,000 car with seats that are painful is ridiculous. My thighs still hurt and its been almost a week since I've driven the car.
  • Options
    Sorry about your back. What do you think you're going to buy?

BTW, the only one(s) who comes out well with a class action lawsuit are the lawyers.
  • Options
    "BTW, the only one(s) who comes out well with a class action lawsuit are the lawyers"

Your right about that, but this is more principle than money - although the money hurts. If I had just changed my mind on the car I would expect to be in this position. I perceive this to be a defect in their product, one that has caused financial and physical pain.

I read most of the posts in this series and no one said anything about seat discomfort - that I saw. Had someone posted questions or concerns I would have taken the car for a long (1 to 2 hours) test drive, which would have uncovered the problem. I want everyone to know about it so they will not be ripped off as well. If they do not experience the same discomfort, good for them.

As for what to buy, I don't know. We had an A6 and loved the car, but not the monthly, and sometimes bi-monthly - trip to the shop. We had looked at the new TL, I like it but my wife does not. The TL did not handle as nice as the G35 sedan either, or ride anywhere near the A6 - IMO.

I really want something reliable. Lexus is at the top of the heap, but they have really lost their style, again IMO.

Any suggestions?
  • Options
    I am in total agreement with carnaught regarding the attorneys.

Go get a Jaguar X-Type 3.0 AWD or S-Type 4.0 if you cannot get the Audi or the Acura. Stay away from the '02 X-Type and you should be fine.

As for the seat discomfort, there were a few posts regarding this. My sales person once said these were racing seats designed by real race car drivers. Funny how they like to turn a negative into a performance enhancement. Who knows if this is really the truth?

Your service manager has never heard of this? Then what is the TSB for?

Safety issues have a greater probablilty of being heard than discomfort issues. You could try filing with the NHTSA. Unless it is safety related, they may not do anything. If you are convincing, then they can "urge" Nissan/Infiniti to do something much better than any attorney can.

Calling Infiniti Consumer Affairs will just put you in an endless pit of entry-level recent college graduates. Most are pitting for a real job within Nissan of America. It is a waste of time.

Again, where did the $4,400.00 come from? Sounds like arbitrary sales-babble.

Please keep us posted on your progress.
  • Options
    scheidscheid Member Posts: 2
    We received a notice last week from Infinity that non-Brembo brake pads and/ or pads would be replaced as needed n/c up to 3yrs/36000mi by the dealer provided "normal use." Previous repairs would be reimbursed with receipts, even if the repairs were not performed by Infinity. Assumed all owners got this notice. We took delivery on an 04 G35 Coupe around 9/3/03.
  • Options
    scheidscheid Member Posts: 2
    Sorry.......pads and/or rotors.
  • Options
    from the service dept. Fri. pm when we had the rear brake pads replaced and the rotors serviced. We had the fronts taken care of in May (at 15,000 mi.). Thankfully, this is now a covered item till 36,000 mi. The tires were rotated at this latter visit and they were supposed to do an oil change but didn't (we discovered reading the service agreement on the way home). Then, suddenly last night a horrible scraping sound is coming from the right front tire. The sound is like a card in the bicycle spokes, we used to do as kids, but louder and more metallic sounding. The brakes, steering and engine seem to have no malfunctions. Any gearheads out there know what this could be? The car will be going in first thing Mon. morning but I'm p.o'd about this!

Thanks.
  • Options
    pscheidpscheid Member Posts: 190
    Carnaught........had the same problem with a 99 Trans Am a few days after all 4 wheel's brake rotors and pads were replaced by a Pontiac dealership. Problem was allegedly a "missing caliper part that must have come loose and fallen out." Rotor was trashed and was replaced n/c. Small consolation for the serious safety issue and inconvenience, not to mention the concerns this raises about the quality or lack thereof with factory dealer repairs. Let's see....will the brakes work if I downshift and take that exit ramp at 50?
  • Options
    pscheidpscheid Member Posts: 190
    Been searching this site, can't find comments on owners' snow experience and choice of tire/wheel pkg. brands, and sizes.

Local Infinity dealer stopped providing a service of recommending and servicing the swap for both the Sedan and Coupe. Have not called tire Rack yet, and they won't suggest over their web site Have the "summer" Pilot Sport w. 18" wheels, non-Brembo. Blizzak LM22 mentioned in one posting.

I live in the Northeast, 42 inches of annual snowfall with 77 last year, usually heavier snow, not powder. Doesn't anyone drive their cars in snow? I've seen postings from Canada and the upper Midwest and can't imagine I'm alone with this problem and need the car all year round.

Drove my (still have it)69 Vette year round for 13 years in Chicago (P245-60-15 Goodyear Eagles last), similar weather, and never swapped tires, though it made for an adventure in travel with only 1 tow out of the snow. Then again, I'm not 21 and fearless any more.
  • Options
    I use the Nokian Q's on a Jaguar XJR. They are excellent in snow, ice, and wet pavement. Only downfall is faster wear in dry conditions. They grip well and wear quickly. Studded tires are best for continued hard packed snow or ice. They will cause the tire to have less traction on dry pavement. The studs definitely have an advantage in REALLY bad road conditions. Some others have the WR's because they do not want to dedicate tires and rims solely for winter.

Am not sure if they make the tires for the G35 and it is worth investigating.

Would not recommend driving the RWD G35 in the snow without these tires unless you are a stuntman for a movie studio.
  • Options
    pesce02pesce02 Member Posts: 2
    I _had_ the same problem. For a select few of us, the hard plastic encasing the driver seat controls seems to pinch a nerve, causing pretty severe pain and numbess. It's not an issue of being overweight, as I'm 5'11" and 160 lb. If anything, being on the thin side works against some of us.

*How I solved it*

Below is link to a store called "Sportmart." I bought an exercise mat, folded it in half, and sat on it for several days.

At first, it is slightly uncomfortable, but not the acute pain of sitting on the seat w/o the mat. Although I bought the mat as a temporary solution until I could figure out what to do, oddly enough, sitting on the mat actually stretched out the seat.

For the last two weeks, I've sat on the seat directly with no pain WHATSOEVER! I can even lean my right thigh against the right-side bolster as I used to with no pain.

Here's the link. If nothing else, the mat, though bulky, is pretty comfortable to sit on after you become accustomed to it. Good luck!

http://www.sportmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=978720&c- - - p=710956.693944&parentPage=family
  • Options
    Seems like this really is a killer problem for you. There is a TSB to remove the bracket from the control and add some stuffing. This worked for me but it was never really BIG problem and I am 6'5" 240. It didn't make a huge difference but you may want to get your dealer involoved in making your ride more comfortable
  • Options
    sjk2575sjk2575 Member Posts: 19
    My complain about the seat in G35 sedan is the limited range of height adjustment of driver seat. Maybe, it's me. My last two cars were sports coupes which usually have relatively lower seating positions than sedans. However, when I drove other people's sedans and even vans, I never felt thid uncomfortable. I wish I can lower the driver seat little more. Has anyone felt the same way?

What does BTW, TSB stand for? Anyone...
  • Options
    Means Infiniti reconized it as an issue for enough people that they engineered a solution or an attempted solution that is formally published for all dealers to consistently remedy the problem with. There are 30 or so for the G. Most new cars have several minor ones. There is also a big nissan one that affect 1.7 million cars including the G for an engine sensor that has actually only affected 2 or 3 people with engines not starting.

You may want to get a chop shop to look at revising the height of your seat. Not sure the dealer can help. Did you find it to your liking before you bought her?
  • Options
    klayfishklayfish Member Posts: 48
    Tire Rack wouldn't give me info online either. I called them, and they said that they'd give me a package w/rims and Blizzacks for around $1100. I hadn't bought my wifes' G yet. I decided to wait for the AWD car, which I will take delivery of tomorrow. I still may get the Blizzacks for it. I've heard they are awesome in snow.

My sister-in-laws' boyfriend has a 2003 G35. We live in the northeast also. He said it is "so-so" in the snow. He hasn't gotten it stuck, but doesn't recommend driving it w/out a good set of winter tires (he said he got around OK last winter because he tires were new, now that they have less tread....)
  • Options
    frozefroze Member Posts: 40
    I too hate the driver's seat in my G35. I even had the dealer put in the extra padding or whatever it was, which did little if any good. I wonder what kind of intelligent minds would take a seat that was allready rather small, then add hard seat controls for you to sit on. I am 6-1 & 170 lbs, and definitely not over sized.
  • Options
    We could always wear padded pants? Seriously, I went to a place that cuts latex foam for mattresses and futons. They cut a 1/2" piece of foam to put between my leg and the seat controls. The foam contours to the body well.

While the TSB fix helped a little, the foam works great.

Try it. The cost was $40.00 USD and so worth it. It is easier than having new seats made.
  • Options
    freeflierfreeflier Member Posts: 3
    My experience after almost a year with a G35 Coupe 18inch, in a few words:

1) No winter tires available (front), second year in a row!! (bought my G35 on 01/03/03). I paid $37,000 for a premium brand that doesn't support its products??!!!!. Worst yet, the dealer (Cochran Pittsburgh), wash their hands and tells me that it is not Infiniti's fault??? that I should deal with Briedgstone or Michelin myself???. It is unbelievable, sometimes they make me feel that I bought a Malibu instead of Infiniti.... FYI, This car can not, repeat, CAN NOT be driven in snow with the original 18 inch package as it becomes a very dangerous machine.

Now, I have a car that is literally useless whenever there is snow on the ground....

2) Very disappointed with quality of exterior paint, and even worse, the support I have NOT gotten from Infiniti. I first complained on excessive amount of chips on the hood and on the side of the car (after just four months of ownership), and Infiniti did nothing, and said it was normal. Not even my old Mitsubishi Mirage had those issues, to the extent the Infiniti had!.

3)The latest, the brakes in my car lasted exactly 15,000 miles!. Infiniti will cover it until it get to 36000 miles, then what?? Will I have to change brakes every 15000 miles????.

I just feel cheated by this people!!!..First and last time I buy Infiniti. For the amount of money I am investing in a car, I'd rather pay a bit more and go with the proven brands: Mercedes or BMW, that would stand behind their products in a more consistent way. Infiniti just lost a repeat purchase and any potential first timer that I would have been able to influence.
    To summarize, for perspective, I have had more issues in a year with a premium car called Infiniti at $37000, than what I had with my student-days Mitsubishi Mirage at $16000, in five years
  • Options
    I gave Nissan a chance after having an Xterra-ble Lemon. I unloaded that the first year on Carmax after Nissan replaced a blown engine, a faulty transmission and the entire fuel tank and associated gauges (don't ask).

Now I am more dissapointed with the cheap Infiniti build quality. No major problems with my Ford products (Jaguars and Explorers). No problems with my old Hondas, either.

Lucky I found a good Infiniti dealer in my area.

Not that I would EVER purchase Infiniti again, but didn't you know the car was RWD before purchase? Forget the tires for a minute..this is a variable you could control before purchase. Just playing Devil's advocate....
  • Options
    frozefroze Member Posts: 40
    Don't blame Infinity because you don't know how to drive on snow. If traction is your problem, add some weight in the trunk. If your front end is pushing, you're probably driving too fast. If you want to avoid paint chips & dings, stay away from door bangers & gravel roads. My Infinity is 13 months old & has zero chips & no door dings.
  • Options
    mbednorzmbednorz Member Posts: 63
    Freeflier, I'm really sorry that those 3 things made you feel cheated. Glad you've got a forum like this to vent on! But have you looked around a little more on your problems?

1) 18" in the snow - Why don't you get some 17" wheels with snow tires? Lots of coupe owners doing this. It's a pretty common approach for cars with custom or oversized wheels, including some of the Mercedes and BMW's that you mention. It also has the advantage of protecting those 18" wheels from the winter ravages.

2) Exterior paint - I'm not happy about this, either, but it's hard to single out Infiniti. I was also looking at the Mercedes C230 and Acura TL, but the forum threads for those had even more paint horror stories. So far there's not a single manufacturer I know of that's offering any relief for these problems. Don't think that running to Mercedes is going to solve this problem.

3) Brakes - Wow, you are ticked off about this. I was pretty happy when Infiniti stepped up to the plate with the 36,000 mile warranty, but you brushed that off pretty quick. My plan... if Infiniti hasn't improved their rotors by the end of the 36k, then I'll look at some aftermarket rotors. Then again, if this is the only high-dollar maintenance item after 36,000 miles, I'll count myself lucky. My '96 BMW 3-series cost me over $3000 in maintenance and repairs from 40,000 miles to 50,000 miles. So again, be careful running to BMW. You may end up even more disappointed.

Again, it's a shame that these issues have soured you so badly on a car so many people truly love.
  • Options
    but I've registered the same complaints about my G's paint and interior holding up poorly. Your response of "stay away from door bangers & gravel roads" is neither helpful nor realistic. In fact, it reflects the same blameless attitude as Infiniti. Sure, keeping the car in the garage and not driving it will avoid any trauma to the car but is not the purpose of owning the car. Congratulations on keeping your car pristine, but I am a fanatic with my cars, yet the Infiniti has the "glass jaw" in its ability to hold up well against the elements.
  • Options
    Is from lead paint standards that went into effect in the last few or 2-3 years (not sure really). Infiniti IS NOT the only one. My car has a few at 16k but if i drove the NJ turnpike to Newark everyday that would be another story
  • Options
    "My car has a few at 16k but if i drove the NJ turnpike to Newark everyday that would be another story"

I do and my car is in almost pristine condition. The paint job is wonderful. However, the windshield is another story. :)
  • Options
    opimaxopimax Member Posts: 73
    For those that have had "no" problems, it seems that they can not understand those of us that have. I go to Passport for service( see kudos from others above and from me :) ), treated royally, made friends w/the service people (outside of work) and still probably would not but another Nissan product. I have had 2 Maximas, 95 and 2k that liked the dealership more than my house (and no support after warranty) and thought that an Infiniti being the luxo brand would an improvement. So far it has not been. I have a clear bra for the front but I have way too many chips around the rear wheels, many rattles, front seat loose, compression rod (that took too long to get replaced), was treated very poorly trying to get Sat radio by corporate (which I finally did), Tires that wore out at 20k (I am suppose to happy they last that long), radio replaced, transmission guide plate that I was originally told suppose to be hard to put in 5th, a hesitation that is designed into the car I am told and it goes on. Some of this is me not buying the right car for me but that 10 minute test ride I got from purchasing sleezeball (Coleman) didn't show all these issues right away. i won't go into how bad the purchasing process was.
    I guess my point before i started to vent again was for those that have a good luck, more power to you but put yourself in our shoes. Almost 40Gs to have this many problems fixed or not, too much !!

Mark