Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Infiniti G37 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    shov8shov8 Member Posts: 87
    There is a bit of discussion about this in one of the other forums, not sure which, (probably the "2008 Infiniti G35" forum). The voice recognition change was done early in the 2008 MY switchover. The guess is to reduce the command set so that the system recognizes the correct command most often. I have an early '08 and it has the full command set, and it does get the commands mixed up every now and then, but I haven't spent the time to train it to my voice yet. I can understand Infiniti reducing the voice command set to get better recognition rates, but they should have allowed the full command set when using the "alternate command mode" option, or maybe after you have trained the car to your voice. Regardless, enjoy!

kc
  • Options
    dwynnedwynne Member Posts: 4,018
    If you turn off "alternate" in my car there are few things you can do with it, turn it on and you get the limited (08) set of commands. It would be nice, as you said, to have a "full command set" option I could turn on if I wanted to.

The other surprise that I got, coupe-wise, is it has no changer. Admittedly, the G is "stereo source overkill" with the music box hard drive, CF slot, in dash MP3, ipod interface, video/audio inputs in the console, and XM radio. They don't really spell it out in the literature or online, but in the sedan when you get NAV you lose the in-dash changer (they tell you that) but they add a trunk mounted changer. In the coupe they do not put the changer in the trunk! For the same equipment the coupe is thousands more at invoice, but has no changer. Online it says "- Single CD player replaces 6-disc CD autochanger " which is does not say for the sedan, but I INFERRED this to mean you still got the changer - but I never asked or even looked.

The owner's manual is like a novel it is so big, and the nice bag it comes in is even larger - but will not fit in the glove box so they have Velcro on the back so you can stick someplace in the trunk :D .

Oh well, nothing is perfect - still love the car.

Dennis
  • Options
    o0llll0oo0llll0o Member Posts: 2
    i got an offer for an 07 red g35 auto sport & premium pac w/3.9% for 60mo but it has 700mi on it! the OTD price is $34,500
    the car is in houston

is this a very good deal? should i go for it?

thanks
  • Options
    stkntrafficstkntraffic Member Posts: 172
    Beautiful car - congratulations! I'm green with envy, but with 1 kid in a car seat and another on the way, the coupe is only a distant hope for me.
  • Options
    happycamryhappycamry Member Posts: 48
    The internet manager is indeed the guy whose name rhymes with "Winer" and I'd suggest running the other way, and quickly. A major bull***t flinger. Even with an OTD deal in writing, there was a hidden $$$ surprise at the end, which left a sour taste. The treatment was manipulative, condescending and frankly insulting. Was it worth it for a good price? It wouldn't be to me if I was also planning to get regular service there. If you search the :lemon: :( :lemon: g35drver.com forum and the Nissan/Infiniti freshalloy.com forum, you'll see several complaints about both sales and service games. They've changed their name twice in recent years, too. My suggestion would be to take their price and get a match at another one of the local dealers.
  • Options
    Coupe or sedan? How much is the car with destination and dealer fee? OTD means nothing to me, since I don't live where you do.

Dennis
  • Options
    o0llll0oo0llll0o Member Posts: 2
    hi Dennis,
    its a sedan. the OTD price of $34,500 inclueds everything: tax 6.25 &TLL & any other fees!!

please let me know what you think on this deal

thanks for the help
  • Options
    A new 08 is $33,772 invoice for a journey w/sport and premium packs., Your price looks like maybe $32,400 or so (I have no idea what fees you are paying)., folks are reporting right around invoice for 08 sedans and the same rate applies if you buy an 08.

So I would say, pin down how much your are paying for the car w/destination included and compare that to an 08 with the same equipment. Then you have to decide if buy a year older car with 700 demo miles is worth the savings, which looks like maybe $1,200 or so. To me, for such a small savings I would find a dealer that will sell you an 08 for near invoice and get the 08.

Dennis
  • Options
    mvs1mvs1 Member Posts: 462
    Sweet! Congrats on the new ride.

Now you know the wheel locks aren't free ;)

Mike

PS. You should let the kid drive
  • Options
    jasonhershjasonhersh Member Posts: 8
    raltima,

I was going shopping this week for a G35 lease, Journey and Premium. Based on your comments, do you have any info on how the lease rates were impacted? I see online the standard deal from Infiniti and was hoping to do better. Has anyone done better than this lately, in S. Florida?

G35, sedan, 24mo, $369, $3,500 down, first payment and $0 security.

Thanks all
  • Options
    ksu19ksu19 Member Posts: 9
    What dealer? Thanks!
  • Options
    jasonhershjasonhersh Member Posts: 8
    The deal I mentioned is published on the Infiniti website and the Edmunds "special incentive" section. Here is a link to the Infiniti site: http://www.infiniti.com/current-offers/g_sedan.html?OfferId=1
  • Options
    raltimaraltima Member Posts: 4
    Jasonhersh,
    Unfortunately, I am not really sure how the lease deals compare to the purchase incentives that are out there. I would say that if this board's "Deal Maker" Dennis decided to lease a G37 now that chances are good that the money factor and residuals are pretty good right now. (I assume the G35 deals are inline with the G37 deals) Just remember to still negoitate price (I think invoice is attainable) then talk money factor and residual. Best of Luck.
  • Options
    coachknightcoachknight Member Posts: 7
    Has anyone here dealt with Crossroads Infiniti in Raleigh, NC? I am strongly considering a G35 and was just wondering what type of dealings folks here have had with them, since they are just a few miles from my home. I'm not really sure if there is another close by. The infiniti website did not pull up another within 100 miles, which seems strange to me.
  • Options
    gkesslergkessler Member Posts: 2
    I'm currently in the market for a new '08 G35 Base vehicle. I've searched this entire forum and found no one who talked about buying one. I live in so cal and I was wondering what would be the best out-the-door price i could as for. Also, what is the correct invoice price for this car? I found a couple of different values ranging from 29K-29.6K. Price is a big issue for me as my maximum budget is 32K. Any help would be greatly appreciated..Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    scottm123scottm123 Member Posts: 1,501
    Invoice for the Base model is $29,067.
    Add the $715 Dest charge, and you're looking at $29,782.
  • Options
    silica1silica1 Member Posts: 23
    I had a test drive last summer of a G35 sedan at Crossroads Infiniti in Raleigh. I found the salesman to be personable and not pushy. I wasn't quite ready to buy at the time so I have no idea how well they deal. I had been considering a Lexus IS250 but after the test drive, I took it out of consideration. The car is just too small (I'm 6' 2"). I plan to buy a sedan in the next couple months and the G35 is at the top of my list! I hadn't seriously considered the vehicle until I drove it. Please leave feedback with any experience you have with them. I'd like to know. I saw one positive feedback on this forum from a person who came from Virginia to buy a car at Crossroads and recommended them.

I talked to one G35 owner at a gas station and he was pleased with Crossroads Infiniti, but I have no idea how much he paid.

There are other Infiniti dealers in NC (Greensboro, Winston-Salem, and 2 in the Charlotte area). I had also considered Virginia but they have front license plates and would rather not have a plate holder on the front when I don't need it.

I hope you find a good deal and let us know.
  • Options
    I would wait until you can afford to get at least the journey with premium package. A much, much nicer car and finding a stripper base model can be hard and when you go to sell or trade it down the road it will be hard to move and be as desirable which will limit what you can get for it.

$29,782 is invoice for the base including destination, a journey sedan with premium is $32,350 but will worth the extra - now and years from now.

Dennis
  • Options
    coachknightcoachknight Member Posts: 7
    Thanks for the info silica1!

I got a call this evening from the salesman I had talked with and he said there were better deals in Feb. than in January on most of the models. He said he got to see them today. Since we hadn't talked numbers yet...I have no idea if this is true or just salesmanship...however I do plan on starting negotiations soon with them. Their lot is so small and inventory is piling up so hopefully they'll deal. If not, Greensboro, W-S, and Charlotte are all close enough for a weekend road trip, especially to save a fair amount of money.

I'll let you know once I start negotiations how things go. Like you, I had not considered the car at all until I drove it. I really thought I'd just cross it off the list like several others, but I was really impressed.
  • Options
    I don't have the other number yet, but on the G37 coupe it looks like they dropped the $500/$1,000 customer cash, but they dropped the 39 month rate from 0.00236 to 0.00205 for 39 months and the residual is 61% for 15k mile leases up from 60% in January. I have not looked at the numbers yet, but the effect on the payment will depend on the amount of cash you qualified for and the MSRP on the G37 you picked out.

I will post the other numbers when I get them.

Dennis
  • Options
    joe_bassjoe_bass Member Posts: 15
    Dennis,

Looking forward to seeing the numbers.

I have a dealer who has agreed to an OTD price (excluding sales tax) on a 2008 G35X, w/ nav, prem, tech, splash guards, cargo net, for $37,300. That is inclusive of all fees including bank/acquisition; comes out to $283 over invoice w/ all fees.

Should be picking it up next week, assuming they are in a reasonable range on my trade.
  • Options
    Call your dealer Friday and ask if they have the Feb number yet, sounds like they may have them already. Let us know what they say,

Your deal sounds good to me, since that includes everything.

Dennis
  • Options
    Will do, thanks.

I may even try to pick the car up tomorrow.
  • Options
    gkesslergkessler Member Posts: 2
    Well to be honest, I find the base model to be perfect for me and I'm not too worried about selling or trading it later on..I plan to keep the car for a while. My trouble now is trying to find a base model (which many dealerships have) and a good price for it. Do you think 32K otd would be a fair amount to ask?
  • Options
    udeman55udeman55 Member Posts: 20
    I recently recieved an email from a local Infiniti dealer. The new incentive for Febuary financing is 1.9% 24-36 months and 2.9% for 37-63 months.
  • Options
    ymmvymmv Member Posts: 8
    Time to de-lurk ..... I have a question I am hoping someone can answer.

I am about to order a 2008 G35 Journey with premium, navigation, performance wheel/tire and wood trim packages as well as a trunk cargo mat.

Edmunds and everyone else says invoice is $34982. A dealer I was going to order with was saying that until yesterday - today he says the invoice is $35215 because "price on some of the options has gone up" - or will by the time my order is placed/delivered. Has anyone heard of anything like this or am I getting jacked around?

How can I find out the most recent information about what the invoice is (or how often does Edmunds update theirs)?

Also, does anyone have any idea on whether there will be any incentives on the G35 Journey in February? This is for a straight purchase, not financing or leasing.

Thanks for any info.
  • Options
    bcheng122bcheng122 Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking to purchase a g37S coupe almost immediately.. I'm not looking into any options, and am trying to get the best deal possible. Any idea how much I should be looking at? I don't really understand all the lingo many of you guys are talking about like plan a b c d. I am in the LA area in S. California. Any help on a price that I should shoot for with the dealers would be great.
  • Options
    tbomtbom Member Posts: 2
    Dennis,

First I would like to thank you for all of the great knoweldge that you share. I leased an '08 G35 last night, and all of your advice defintiely helped in my negotiation.

My question is about the money factor I recived on my lease. Sorry in advance for the long post

I negotiated the following terms before signing the lease:

2008 Infiniti G35 JOURNEY Sedan, Premium Package, Sport Package, Cargo Mat, Cargo Net, Mud Guards. MSRP - $37,225, Invoice - $34,007. I negotiated a Base Cap Cost of $33,600. My lease terms were 39 months, 12K miles, residual=.59, Money Factor = .00238. I put $1000 down towards Cap Cost reduction. Total monthly Payment tax included = $443.04. No Dealer Fee and they paid my last two months payments on my '05 LG35 lease = $840.00. I was happy with this price since it was $400 under invoice and no dealer fee.

Then, when I went to sign the lease, I saw that they changed my Base cap cost to $34,626.10 and dropped my Money factor rate to .0019. They kept all of the other factors the same. This kept my monthly payment at $444.95. My credit score is only 680 at best, buit I was preapproved for Tier 1 rate. So I asked the finance mgr. how I could possibly get the .0019 rate and he said that the sales mgr. gave me VPP Plan D, so it dropped my rate and he assured me there would not be a problem.

Is it possible that IFS will run my creidt and deny the .0019 money factor rate? I though the Money factor was non-negotiable, so how did the sales mgr. get me this rate? I don't care that they were trying to make theior money so they raised the base cap cost and changed my money factor, because I am happy with my payments. I just want to know if there is anyway IFS will deny my lease, or did they secure my money factor by giving me the VPP plan D. Have you ever heard of the sales people doing this before?
  • Options
    spd_e_gonzalesspd_e_gonzales Member Posts: 2
    I've gotten a quote for an 08 G35 AWD + sport pkg + premium pkg + doc + intransit tag = $36000 OTD (exempt from taxes since I'm Canadian).

Does this sound reasonable?
  • Options
    They often change the prices (usually raise them) during the year, so that is possible. Edmunds and the other online places will reflect the increased invoice when cars begin arriving with those new prices.

The easiest way to check is just to figure the MSRP on the car now and when your car arrives it should have a similarly raised MSRP if the dealer is correct. They never raise the invoice to dealers and leave the MSRP the same. So higher window sticker = higher invoice for the dealer.

The February incentives will not matter to you if you are ordering a car, as it will be April or May or perhaps June before you see it. They could not find you one on another dealer's lot on "on the way" ? To order from the factory takes time.

Another thing to note, even if they factory order the car it is likely to arrive with the splash guards and cargo net on/in it. In some areas nearly every car has the mat, net, and splash added added as port installed options not matter if the car was ordered with them or not. Extra profit for Infiniti and the dealer and they get to put "Point of final assembly" as the port on the window sticker. The increase invoice price could reflect that your car will have these added to it no matter if you ordered them or not.

Dennis
  • Options
    I think they were using the Jan numbers to figure things, but then got the Feb numbers before you signed.

If that is the case they sort of hosed you. When they say the new, lower rate they could have/should have passed the savings along to you and got you a lower payment. What they choose to do is jack up the price of the car to net you the payment they had told you. So rather than you saving money they just made some extra for themselves. You price should have stayed your price and you should have a lower payment to reflect the lower MF, I think.

I have never heard of a rate being tied to VPP, so still have to qualify. Sometimes the dealer could "Talk the rate down" or perhaps buy it down when they have someone whose score is just over the edge for a lower tier.

In your case your payment is the same, but the dealer makes more money it would appear. They make even more than you would think, since on a non-VPP deal they get hold back plus whatever you pay over invoice. On a VPP deal they make whatever you pay over invoice, hold back, and then a 2.5% (of invoice after discount) delivery fee that is paid back to them by Nissan. $34,626.10 your negotiate prices does not net them as much profit as $34,626,10 VPP price.

If I plug $37,225 and $34,007.00 into my VPP spreadsheet I get a VPP plan C or D price of $34,276.25 and not the number you show. So I think the VPP stuff was BS, they just jacked up the price to make more bucks at your expense, but kept the payment the same to you.

Congrats on the car, but I think you should be paying less per month - it sounds like.

Dennis
  • Options
    tbomtbom Member Posts: 2
    Dennis,

Thanks for the input. Do you know when we can find the Feb. lease rates?
  • Options
    Dennis,

Thanks for the info. It is very interesting about the splash guards. I wouldn't mind them, but I am not ordering them. If they put them on without my specifically ordering them, can they make me pay for them anyway?

So are the incentives used when I pay for the rest of the car (i.e. when it arrives) or when I order it?

As for why I am ordering and not buying an existing car, funny you should ask. My local dealer here in Albuquerque has two of the exact car I want on the lot, but is not willing to give me a very good deal. Also, he will not sell to any other dealers who are willing to give me a better price. So, I am ordering what I want from a dealer who will work with me (in Arizona).

Thanks again.
  • Options
    I will post them as soon as I get them. You can also ask several dealers and see what they say, most don't mind disclosing the current rates.

Once Infiniti updates their web page to show the current specials, we can plug the numbers into my "solve for MF" spreadsheet and see what those are, which may be a help.

Dennis
  • Options
    Well, the dealer gets charged for them so you would have to pay invoice for them I guess. IIRC there is drilling involved in the installation, so they can't be easily removed and not leave a hole.

Look around the lots in AZ or NM and see if all the cars have splash guards on them or not. Perhaps the port that services your area does not add them to every car like they do in my area?

Are you paying cash? If so, then I am not sure about that. If you are financing or for sure leasing you would fall under whatever rate is in place at the time you sign the paperwork.

I wanted a 6mt sedan last June and could not find one like I wanted. Well I found one near New Orleans but the dealer would not deal on it. A dealer ordered me a car like I wanted with no obligation, it arrived in October home of the worst 6mt lease rates of the year so I passed on it. By the time the rates got nice, they had already sold the car.

If your AZ dealer can't snag one in transit then it could be 2-3 months to wait for it to arrive.

Dennis
  • Options
    Dennis,

I am paying cash for the car, so the lease rebates won't help me. I am hoping that maybe there will be a cash rebate, like there was for the G37 in January... perhaps to offset the higher prices. I do have to put down $1000 deposit.

I realize that I will have to wait some time for the car, but the deal I am getting from the Arizona dealer makes it worthwhile, even though their doc fee is high and I have to pay shipping. I am a little nervous about having the car shipped - what if something happens during shipment? What recourse do I have?

Any thoughts?
  • Options
    solstice3solstice3 Member Posts: 4
    I purchased a G37 with the VPP Plan D last weekend. The dealer charged me a $90.00 marketing fee. Is this a legitimate fee or was a taken by the dealer?
  • Options
    There probably will not be any money on the sedans, at none any time soon - but you never know. They did not put anything on the left over 07 sedans last year so I would be surprised if they put money on the new 08s any time soon.

The car hauler should be insured so if disaster strikes you should be covered.

When I have used car haulers it was COD cashier's check. So they arrive and unload the car and I go over it to make sure all is well, then pay the driver with the check. Worked out well me for me twice buying and once selling a car.

Dennis
  • Options
    Got an email back from my dealer, this is what she's telling me:

2008 G35X - 39 mo/15k
    58% resid
    .00173 MF

Compared to the 36 mo/15k, 59% resid, .0021, that calcs out to a $45/mo lower payment. I'm pretty happy, about this. I may pick the car up today, instead of waiting until next week.
  • Options
    Sounds good, the 0.00210 you state for 36 is last month's rate? The IFS 39 month rates always save money in the monthly payment over the 36 month deals, as long as you live in a state where you can transfer your tags to your new ride after the off number of months. That is no problem here - and tags for a year are $79.

If you live where they have property tax on the car then getting a 39 month lease can also mess you up.

I don't normally get and track the 39 month rates, but that is what I used.

BTW, I could have saved close to $17 per month (base payment) had I waited until Feb to lease my car (insert image of me banging my head against the wall). No way to know that until it happens, if I had not picked up the car in Jan the Feb rates could have been a lot higher and I would have been sick. They dropped the $500 cash but lowered the rate a good bit and increased the residual by 1 point.

I can live with it and I love the car - and I waited 8 months to find the right car at a good price and I can afford the "extra" :D .

As they say, "you pays your money and you takes your chances".

Dennis
  • Options
    Thanks, that helps.

I have now heard independently that the base price on the G35 sedans is going up within the next month, so that the dealer I had been talking with wasn't trying to pull a fast one. According to the change in the invoice price, that is an increase of $218.

This makes me feel more confident about this deal, as I was beginning to loose my faith in humanity, based on my recent experiences with the dealers.

I've found information on Edmunds.com invaluable, in particular on this forum.
  • Options
    Dennis,

I am paying cash for the car, so the lease rebates won't help me. I am hoping that maybe there will be a cash rebate, like there was for the G37 in January... perhaps to offset the higher prices. I do have to put down $1000 deposit.

I realize that I will have to wait some time for the car, but the deal I am getting from the Arizona dealer makes it worthwhile, even though their doc fee is high and I have to pay shipping. I am a little nervous about having the car shipped - what if something happens during shipment? What recourse do I have?

Any thoughts?
  • Options
    dmx434343dmx434343 Member Posts: 3
    What is the NEW Money Factor on a G37 24months 15K
    Is the 500 Lease insentive still available?
  • Options
    erving6erving6 Member Posts: 16
    ymmv,
    Which AZ dearler are you working with? I am also looking for a 2008 Journey in AZ and appreciate being pointed in the direction of dealers who are willing to work a little extra.

Thanks for the info.
    Much appreciated..
    Randy
  • Options
    happycamryhappycamry Member Posts: 48
    Hi folks,

Infiniti today released January sales and they do strongly reflect the economic slowdown. While the new design G37 sales are up and certainly siphoned some buyers away from the G35 sedan, combined G35/G37 sales are still down year over year. The G35 sedan was down 22%. This all is reflected in even better financing rates just announced which of course are made possible with the much lower fed funds rates over the past two weeks.

The bottom line is that cars are sitting on lots longer, inventory is building and buyers are in strong negotiating position today. You should be able to hold your ground and have a very good chance of getting your sedan at invoice, and that's INCLUDING dealer fees.

INFINITI HIGHLIGHTS
    -- Infiniti sales declined by 3.6 percent on a daily sales rate basis,
    with 8,644 units sold, as compared with last January's 8,964 units.

INFINITI DIVISION SALES
    January January Monthly DSR CYTD CYTD CYTD DSR
    2008 2007 % Change 2008 2007 % Change
    Infiniti Division
    Total 8,644 8,964 -3.6 8,644 8,964 -3.6
    G Sedan 3,370 4,321 -22.0 3,370 4,321 -22.0
    G Coupe 1,551 770 101.4 1,551 770 101.4
    M 1,423 1,536 -7.4 1,423 1,536 -7.4
    Q45 0 8 -100 0 8 -100
    QX56 800 791 1.1 800 791 1.1
    EX 690 NA NA 690 NA NA
    FX 810 1,538 -43.7 810 1,538 -43.7
    Total Car 6,344 6,635 -4.4 6,344 6,635 -4.4
  • Options
    I was told they pulled the $500/$1,000 customer cash on the coupe. It was good on purchases or leases but is now gone in favor or lower lease rates and a slightly higher residual, it appears.

Dennis
  • Options
    Actually, G coupe sales were double what they were last year and G sedan sales were down 22% - but the sedan was all new last year. G sedan sales set a record for 2007 so they are not hurting too bad.

That said, it looks like the lease numbers are better for Feb than for Jan which bodes well for lease and non-lease deals.

Dennis
  • Options
    mbillmeiermbillmeier Member Posts: 1
    Hey everyone. this is my first post. I have a few questions. What is VPP?

Also, I just leased am '08 G35x w/ Sport Pkg, Tech Pkg, Prem Pkg, Nav Pkg, Splash Guards and Trunk net for $568 a month. That is a 24mo lease w/ 15k per year. No money down.Signed papers on 1/30/08 as dealer told me the Feb rates went up 100 basis points (or something like that). Was this a good deal?
  • Options
    Randy,

I worked with Infiniti Superstition Springs. They are in Mesa, AZ. They contacted me after I sent a request for quotes from Edmunds.com (I heard from the sales manager and then from one of the sales people - John). I ended up ordering the car from them and having it shipped to NM.

The other dealers did not seem as willing to work on the price and some refused to fax or email me written offers. I wouldn't trust anything verbal - get it in writing, including the vehicle VIN. Some just never got back to me.

I contacted Infiniti of Superstition Springs, Infiniti of Scottsdale, Pinnacle Infiniti and Infiniti of Peoria.
  • Options
    bcheng122bcheng122 Member Posts: 2
    Can anyone tell me where I can find the tax % in s.California, how much licensing costs, and another other added fees after a dealer gives you a price?