Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Infiniti G37 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    waynedoggywaynedoggy Member Posts: 2
    According to Edmunds, the invoice for a base G35 is $30,478. With the $4,000 incentive, should I be able to buy one for $26,478 (invoice minus incentive) plus tax?
  • Options
    oohoohoohooh Member Posts: 8
    I found that Edmunds' invoice is high. You probably can get it around 25k include tax, license with a base G35. Cars.com has a Smart Target Price of 29,518 for a base G35, that is a negotiating price. If you provide your own finance or pay cash you might get 5k off the price. If you finance it thru them (dealer) than you don't get the incentive, you cannot get both. Good Luck!
  • Options
    jason80jason80 Member Posts: 35
    Good luck with that................
  • Options
    kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    good luck in finding a base.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • Options
    chewy734chewy734 Member Posts: 37
    I agree with you... the 330i and G35x aren't in the same performance category as the TL. After driving both the 330i and G35x again yesterday, I noticed the following... The RWD 330i with sport package had noticeably better handling and much tighter steering and suspension than the G, but the G did have a nicer engine. The one thing I didn't like about the G's engine was the harsher shifting though.

I'm thinking the extra money for the G right now, lower mpg due to the more powerful engine, and the fact that I don't really care as much about straight-line performance, makes me lean towards getting the 330i, because that is one fun car when the roads are curvy!
  • Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,950
    I'm thinking the extra money for the G right now, lower mpg due to the more powerful engine, and the fact that I don't really care as much about straight-line performance, makes me lean towards getting the 330i, because that is one fun car when the roads are curvy!

Extra money for the G? What are you comparing? A new G to a used 330i? If you compare similar years and options, the G is MUCH cheaper.

And, obviously you gotta go with what feels right, but the 330i is not superior to the G in the curves. At least not for non-professionals, as I've proven to myself and 330 owners at the autoX. Even with 400lbs extra weight in my G35x, and 2 inches less rubber than the 330iZHP, I have defeated one and been defeated by another. So, until I come upon the tie-breaking race, it seems we are pretty evenly matched. And, mind you, these are ZHPs, not your run-of-the-mill 330i w/ sport pack.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    chewy734chewy734 Member Posts: 37
    You make some good points qbrozen. I personally didn't want a used Infiniti, which is why I'm comparing the '06 330i to the '08 G35x. My impressions were that it felt like I was driving a coupe when I was in the 330i, and in more of a touring-type of car in the G35x... it just had a different feel to me.

Im regards to the 330i in curves compared to the G35x... I was more afraid to hit the same curves at higher speeds on the G than on the Bimmer. I can't say it wasn't possible, but I didn't feel as comfortable doing it. I don't doubt that the G handles well, but to me it didn't feel as "sporty" as the 330i (sorry, I can't think of a better word to describe it). Now, the G coupe is a whole different story...
  • Options
    Now, the G coupe is a whole different story..

Well, there's that whole "feel" thing for you again. The sedan can actually outperform the coupe due to it being lighter.

I should also point out that I haven't heard good things about the newer Gs when compared to the older ones. Heavier and softer being some of the complaints. So you MAY want to try out an '06 or '05.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    having leased an 05 sedan, and currently leasing an 08 there is no way I would go back to the 05.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • Options
    blnewtoblnewto Member Posts: 146
    A bit curious why you're considering the 330i RWD against the all wheel drive G35X. The G35S RWD would be a better comparo since the RWD w/ sport package is more in line /w the BMW in regards to suspension and more of a sport nature, it also has 18" stiffer sidewalled Potenzas compared to the all-season goodyear treads. This could have someting to do w/ not feeling as comfortable in the twisties compared to the BMW. I urge you to give the 08 G35S a run before plunking down cash on a used BMW, since you may end up w/ some out-of warranty issues if you plan on keeping it a few years. At any rate, both are very nice so you're a winner w/ any one you end up with IMO.
  • Options
    I understand. And, don't get me wrong. I'm not criticizing the new model. I haven't even driven it, personally. I'm just relaying some talk from the track.

• Options
    silvercarsilvercar Member Posts: 5
    I have been offered $33.25K + TTL for a 2008 G35X with Prem+Nav+Tech package. Has anyone seen a better deal than this ? Any suggestion or guidance is appreciated. I have seen people get 31.75K for prem+nav . . . so what is a fair price if tech is included, ~$800 more ?
  • Options
    mukvijmukvij Member Posts: 15
    Where are you silvercar? I haven't been able to come anywhere close to your offer.
  • Options
    njwolf2njwolf2 Member Posts: 2
    As these boards have been very helpful to me, I am posting my information:

2008 G35x
    Black Obsidian Exterior
    Graphite (Black) Interior
    Washi (Aluminum) Trim
    Premium Package
    Navigation
    Splash Guards
    Cargo Net
    MSRP: $40.230

My Price: $32.1K+Taxes & Tags for a Cash Deal

Ideally, I would like to have bought the car next March when my lease payments on the BMW 330i are over. The rationale for buying now is as follows:
    1. My fear was that the manufacturer to dealer incentives for the 2008s would expire by then.
    2. Nissan/Infiniti has slashed aggressively the production for the 2009s. As a result, the incentives for the 2009s may not be as good as that for the 2008s -- this is my assumption.
    3. I wanted to pick the exterior & interior colors -- surprisingly there are very few of the most popular colors (e.g. black, silver). If you live in NJ and want a blue slate exterior with graphite (black) interior, feel free to wait. There are lots of them almost at every dealer.

Good luck.
  • Options
    njalannjalan Member Posts: 70
    Thanks for the info. Do you mind sharing the name and the town of this dealership in NJ?
  • Options
    Not bad, I'm too lazy to look it up right now, but that looks to me to be a couple hundred dollars under true invoice after incentives.
  • Options
    anh3anh3 Member Posts: 75
    I checked and the only thing I had is wheel locks on there, I tried to get them to give the ill. kick plates but couldn't! However, I have also got "The Protector" finish on the car ($900 and some change... included in that total), which warrants against the finish for a long... time... Its like a second clear coat. I didn't request that option but it came with the car and Scott (the sale person) said its free! I don't know if its worth $900 bucks or not but that is what the receipt showed and I've got the warranty information for it too.
  • Options
    Did he throw in any bridges located in Brooklyn for free as well? :)
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • Options
    anh3anh3 Member Posts: 75
    I don't think there is such a thing as "free bridges" in Brooklyn, you're most certain to pay some kind of a toll at any bridge/tunnel crossing there ?!
  • Options
    dallasguy007dallasguy007 Member Posts: 4
    Hello all,

I live in Dallas/Ft. Worth area. I am considering purchasing the 2008 G35 journey sedan with Prem/wood trim. with the infiniti 36 month 0% financing. Can anyone help me with a fair price for this car? I am thinking of $33000. Is that high or low for this area? Thanks in advance for any info.
  • Options
    As stated many times in this thread, take the invoice price - incentives +/- 200 = what you should pay. Some of have gone $500 below invoice after incentives, but not many.
  • Options
    msbostonmsboston Member Posts: 1
    Hi everyone. I am hoping to purchase a 2008 G 35x. I've been doing quite a bit of shopping and know there are a lot of them on the lots (I've seen some lots with 30 and some as high as 60!). I'm holding out to hopefully get the best deal. Looks like the best I can get right now is approx. $33,000 for the '08 with premium. However, I know this is just about KBB value for the car now and is not really giving me a "deal."

I was wondering if anyone has heard any inside scoop on what the December incentives may be? I know the sort of golden rule is you will never get a car for under invoice, but how that can be when there are all these '08s out there? Don't dealers/manufacturers have to get desperate at some point and offer big discounts?

I guess I'm just curious on how the whole process works. Please be kind; obviously, I am not a gear head, lol.

Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    There is no one on this board that could tell you what December incentives could be. Hell Infiniti probably doesn't know what they will be at this time.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • Options
    snowden2snowden2 Member Posts: 4
    I just checked today, and Edmunds.com TMV (or "what others are paying") for all G35s dropped by about $1,500 from what it was just a couple days ago. It was right at invoice, now $1,500 below. Anybody know if that's for real? I'm thinking it's a mistake because the average for folks posting on the forum seems to be between $500 and $1,500 below invoice, and the only folks who post here are ones who have gotten a good deal.
  • Options
    moshomosho Member Posts: 11
    I have been wondering what that number really means. Is it after the Infiniti $4000 in discounts or is it before discounts or maybe a mix of both since there is a 1000 off and 3000 off depending on financing choice..
  • Options
    syezrilsyezril Member Posts: 2
    F. Y. I. - yesterday I took delivery of 2009 Infiniti G37x Coupe AWD with Premium and Navigation packages for $42,135 + TTL. MSRP was $44,775. Holman Infiniti of Maple Shade in NJ gave me 3.9%financing for 36 months.
  • Options
    silvercarsilvercar Member Posts: 5
    Where are you silvercar? I haven't been able to come anywhere close to your offer.

Hi Mukvij, I am in CT. Got the car from Infiniti of Greenwich. Deal was 33.25K + TTL with Prem+Nav+Tech. I probably paid a bit more than the other deals on this chat. I like the tech package so far - adaptive cruise and head lights are awesome !!
  • Options
    trueliestruelies Member Posts: 5
    Hi guys,
    I got a quote on a new 08 Journey w/ Prem package. 30K+TTL. Cash purchase.
    Is it good? How lower can the dealer go? Is it possible to get both the 4K incentives AND 0 APR going on right now?
    Thanks!
  • Options
    snowden2snowden2 Member Posts: 4
    Truelies, I bought that car for $29,200 +TTL, so get them to knock off at least another $800-900. They're trying to get you to pay invoice.

No, I don't think you can have the 3K cash incentive with the financing.
  • Options
    Is it possible to get both the 4K incentives AND 0 APR going on right now?
    Been asked and answered at least a hundred times. NO
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • Options
    skutty21skutty21 Member Posts: 2
    Hey silvercar (or anyone else)....do you know what the best financing rates dealers are offering if you opt for the cash discount? ... I'm in Tri-state NY/NJ/CT area...will go where they offer the best deal. Thanks.
  • Options
    rhard49rhard49 Member Posts: 226
    It seems to be almost a wash the .9 vs the cash best I've been told is 4.9-5.44 for 60 months which seems to make the payment within a couple of dollars of the .point nine rate. Bankrate.com has a calculator which will compare the .9 rate and the cash with a higher rate and tell you which is better. I've been looking at a couple of different models and have been told 4.9 is it with excellent credit unless you have access to a credit union. The one interesting thing to look at is an amortization schedule on the both loans. If you wanted out before 2 years the lower cash, higher rate leaves you less in the hole for the first 24 months. I think I'm going to pull the trigger tomorrow I believe I've gotten as low as I'm going to get 34795 on the G35x with prem and nav with the .9 financing.
  • Options
    Good luck, and $34,795 w/ the financing is a great price. I'm still holding out till December/January, my car works just fine and I want to see if it will go lower, it definetely isnt going to be any higher.
  • Options
    baccus49baccus49 Member Posts: 60
    I have a dealer here in California offering me $35,500 on an 08 G35X with premium, navigation, and technology options. I know they have $4,000 back in dealer cash and sell down bonus - anyone think I should push them harder?
  • Options
    dtawildtawil Member Posts: 20
    Carman,

Or anyone else who has the info. Can I have the correct residual and money factor on a 08 g35x car with 10/k a year. What is the number for 36 months and what is it for 39?

Thanks.
  • Options
    dfwbuyer5dfwbuyer5 Member Posts: 3
    Texjef, how did this work out for you? I am in a very similar boat (but want a Journey Premium with NAV, which I think adds $2000) -- no one will budge below $32,500 for a cash deal. I wonder if prices in Dallas are higher than CA and other places due to the better overall economy here.
  • Options
    njwolf2njwolf2 Member Posts: 2
    I used Edmunds dealer quotes and sent specific requests to the internet departments at around 10 dealers in NJ. There were many that provided quotes that were in my price range.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    michael9999michael9999 Member Posts: 8
    hi ,
    did you end up buying? did you take the .9 financing?. what was your final price? we are looking for an 08 g35 with premium nav in the tri-state area.
  • Options
    metalblazemetalblaze Member Posts: 40
    Folks, it has been confirmed that Infiniti dealers will not get any *new* G37s till January, 2009. They want the dealers to get rid of the remaining '08s..which by the way, are still at the ports!!

This being said, are there any thoughts/rumors on getting better financing incentives for Dec, 2008? I guess combining both the cash rebate AND 0% or 0.9% APR would really help. This is what Acura did (combined cash & APR offer), and they were able to move out some of the '08s pretty quick....

Inputs...?

Cheers,
    - M
  • Options
    Something has to has happen, every other manufacturer is basically sold out of 08's(that are somewhat desireable) besides infiniti. I would buy a car that day if they came out with the .9% financing WITH the other cash incentives as well. The two Infiniti dealerships by my house our now advertising 2008 G35X's w/ premium for $31, 677. Pretty low price for an advertised price, you can obviously get one for cheaper.

The probem with the car in my eyes is the bad gas mileage combined with the fact that it is the last year of the model. I know I would prefer the 2009 G37 with a seven speed automatic transmission. With that being said, I still plan on buying a 2008 G35x, just waiting for the incentives to get better.
  • Options
    slaydemonslaydemon Member Posts: 8
    I went to Ray Catena dealer in Edison, NJ, got a G35x w/ premium package only and in blue slate for $31,000 + TTL for a cash buy today. The 31,000 includes the destination charge. Was wondering if anyone thinks I overpaid or not... greatly appreciate some input!
  • Options
    I think $31,000 is a good price, I would only concerned that the prices may drop in December. I still think you should be able to get the package for a little under $31,000.
  • Options
    oohoohoohooh Member Posts: 8
    I got mine (G35 Journey w/nav) for $30,060 plus tax,license,etc., paid cash.
  • Options
    I don't think the change from the 35 to the 37 will have any real affect on the resales of the 08 35's. The car is the same if you see it on the dealer lot just the transmission and 20+ more horsepower. The body is Identical, except for the 37 badge I could not tell them apart. Resales will stink untill the economy recovers meaning it will be in the dumper for a while, but this is true of all luxury or near luxury marqee's. I don't think the incentives will change in December I believe combined with the advertising they are beginning to move as I drove down the block saturday I noticed 2 new G35X in neighbors driveways. I pick mine up tomorrow.
  • Options
    pjt6970pjt6970 Member Posts: 38
    I think that is a cash price with incentives. Let me know if not as I'm still looking in Mpls as well.
  • Options
    yes, I ended up buying the dealer renegged on the price, the best they would end up doing was 35101 w/premium and nav inclding the .9 percent financing,. Which pissed me off considering they had offered it to me multiple times in writing, talk about preditory business practices. I pick it up this evening.
  • Options
    mark5379mark5379 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I've recently negotiated the following lease on a new 2008 G35. Can anyone tell me if this is a good deal? He says if they go lower they will "lose money" and end up like GM.

39 Months x 415 (Total Payment including tax)
    $3000 down (total including 1st payment, etc)

The vehicle is Journey with Premium and Nav.

Thanks for the feedback.
  • Options
    Yes, it was the cash price with incentives.
  • Options
    michael9999michael9999 Member Posts: 8
    what did you have to pay on top of the 35,101? i hear there is a approx. $500 "bank fee" for the 0.9. did it include the destination? my husband thinks it is better to take the .9 and keep the money in the bank than get a cash price of $31 K or say 32K
    thanks
  • Options
    no one can tell you if it is a good deal since you didn't tell us what you paid for the car.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD