Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Pilot Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    kellysimkellysim Member Posts: 26
    carsalesman:

Not sure what you are referring to, but I am sure that you have no idea what you are referring to.

I don't know anything about "Performance" and never claimed otherwise.

I do know, however, that there is a huge inventory of '09 EXLs, and that Honda will not move them without raising their incentives to the dealer substantially.

I would say that anyone who is purchasing a '09 EXL at $2500 under should think twice, when you can get a '10 at $300 under. A model year is worth a lot more than $2200. Unless you are planning on keeping this vehicle for forever, or unless you are leasing, it doesn't make sense to purchase an '09 at this time. Under certain circumstances, it may make sense later in the year, as Honda will undoubtedly be raising that incentive dramatically. The demand for these vehicles continues to be minimal, and the supply ('09 EXL) is very substantial.

I'm not surprised by your post, because you are a car salesmen, and car salesmen commonly fabricate information to confuse, or befuddle others, for their own benefit, primarily.

Good luck (not to you specifically, because you sound like a liar), but to others looking to this forum for real and useful information.

P.S. I'm a chick, not a 'he'.
  • Options
    pangaroopangaroo Member Posts: 8
    Rayzam,

Hope this helps.

The best price I got was from Spreen Honda in Loma Linda. EX-L 2WD 28,069 (Advertised Price on their emails). This also includes a free lo-jack system if it was a vehicle on their lot. I spoke with Matt Humphrey who was great. The only reason I didnt buy earlier from them was that they did not have the Grey on Black I wanted. Only the silver. He offered to try and get another vehicle, but I ran into a BMW dealer and purchased something else.

Moss brothers in Moreno Valley honda also quoted me 28,018.85, but they only had one White on Beige left. Not sure if they had any EX-L with Res. Becareful though, when I called for a quote they said $28,018.85, this was the Customer Service Rep. When I spoke with the sales, David, he said I was mistaken and quoted $28,418.85. I later spoke with a manager who confirmed the $28,018.85.

My local dealer, Diamond Honda in City of Industry (sales Jerry), offered me a pretty good deal. $28,800 for EX-L, NO res, but had Lo-Jack and aftermarket Bluetooth. They actually had at least 8-10 EX-Ls on the lot, some with RES. I had to negotiate several times for them to give me this price though. Jerry seemed like a straight forward guy, no throwing random numbers around. He just couldn't match the price of Spreen.

Lastly, both Riverside Honda and Norm Reeves in Cerritos seemed to have the best selection of colors, but they would not budge on their price of $28,800-$28,900.

This is just my experience. The only places I visited personally were Diamond and Norm Reeves. And since I ended up buying something else, I cannot say if any of these dealers would have re-negged on their prices. But, all of them were happy to give me a e-mailed written quote.

Best of luck Rayzam and anyone else on the market. I ended up buy a BMW, go figure. They gave me a ridiculous deal on a Demo 2008 when i took my other car in for service. Got no money for 2 new cars, I will save up a little and maybe buy at the end of the year.
  • Options
    I don't want to get in the middle of this arguement, but to put some of my experience in looking for a Pilot in Southern CA...

I found that the dealers that are giving $2500 and more discounts under invoice are running pretty low on choices. If those dealers had my color selection, I would have been driving a pilot last week. (Grey/Blue/Red on dark int.)

But, those dealers that want more, seem to be sitting on a boatload of these Pilot EX-Ls in all colors. Not sure what they are waiting for, but if thats what they want, oh well. Hopefully Honda will increase some incentives so they can lower the prices.

Just some experience from me.

Best of luck everyone.
  • Options
    victor214victor214 Member Posts: 5
    I just picked up a 09 EXL 4WD with RES for 33 OTD.
    think i got a good deal?
  • Options
    kellysimkellysim Member Posts: 26
    Gotcha.

What is annoying (and confusing) is the fact that some want to group the EXL situation with all the other models. The EXL glut is massive, the other '09s aren't available to any great degree.

The dealers are sitting on the '09 EXLs and they are waiting for Honda to increase their incentive so that there is a larger spread ($4k+) between the '09s and the '10s. Honda needs to get on with it because as time goes on it's going to get harder and harder to move these '09s.

The dealers in my area are not selling them ('09 EXLs) either and the inventory is unbelievable.

Good luck.
  • Options
    shileishilei Member Posts: 11
    Just checked Vehix there only seem to be 58 Exls in Within 300 miles of 33019 that is Hollywood Florida. I am trying to hold on. Iranian protests, new 2010's and the summer oil prices make this a good time for a deal. However, 58 seems like a low number of EXLS for Honda to start making additional incentives. Maybe there are more Pilot EXLS in other parts of the country or Vehix in getting accurate numbers? What do you think?

By the way I am always up for an adventure if the incentive is regional and worth it I will make that move. Road trip :shades: Give me you input. You seem to have more credible and useful info. than others.
  • Options
    carsalesman2carsalesman2 Member Posts: 22
    Two replies to your incorrect posts tell of the inventories being on the lower side where those people are. Not sure where you are but everywhere else Pilots are slim. Or maybe, they are where you are as well. You are just giving bad information.

All I am saying is that customers who listen to you might miss out on what is now a great deal on 2009 Pilots because you insist that the incentive will be $4000+.

You are wrong. Get the chip off your shoulder and get over whatever happened to you at a dealership in the past.
  • Options
    rayzamrayzam Member Posts: 11
    Thanks for the detailed message Pangaroo! You rock! I'll contact them to see what I can get.
    BTW, enjoy you new shiney toy :shades:! I wish I could convince my wife to get a BMW instead, but she is sold on the Pilot. Take care and have fun!
  • Options
    mikewillsmikewills Member Posts: 2
    I've also noticed limited stock on the 2009 EXL where I'm located......St Louis. I've shopped around 3 dealerships and best I've come across so far is $31,700 + $189 doc fee for a 2009 EXL w/RES. It needs to be Billet Silver w/ gray interior.

The dealership I received the above price from is offering free oil changes for the first 2 years and free lifetime car washes (machine wash, but hand dry and vacuum).

Is $31,700 + $189 doc fee a good deal for the 09 EXL w/RES? What more can I do. I'm putting $16K down and coming in with my own financing at 4.24%.

Thanks in advance,
    Mike
  • Options
    nuzynuzy Member Posts: 54
    You and I are in pretty much the same boat...also in St. Louis. I plan to put about $15K down with 4.82% financing. Also looking for a 09 EXL w RES. Is your price 4WD and does it include the destination charge? If so, I'd say it's a pretty good deal. Anything under $32K including destination on a 4WD w/ RES around here should be pretty good. Decent amount of EXLs, but not too many with RES and the color selection is limited. Not too much to choose from.
  • Options
    carbcarb Member Posts: 14
    Well there are 15 metro Atlanta Honda Dealers and between them, they have about 75 - 2009 EXLs still on the lot according to their inventory online. I think I will wait for incentives to get better. My best price is still $28200 + dealer fee + TTL on a 2WD EXL without RES.
  • Options
    beefalobeefalo Member Posts: 9
    Do you have some names of these dealers? Does the 28.2K price include delivery charge? How much is the dealer fee in Atlanta? I have been having a hard time finding 2WD EX-Ls in the Washington D.C. area. Thanks.
  • Options
    nate25nate25 Member Posts: 11
    If you use the view inventory function on this website and search my area (Cincinnati 45201) you will find 227 2009 Pilots within 100 miles. And 520 within 200 miles!!! Lots of em are around me. If you don't belive me please check yourself. You can still wait if you want to make the trek out to my area. They are everywhere.

Please don't be Carsalesman2 and call me a liar 4 months later after the inventory levels have changed.
  • Options
    Best of luck Rayzam. I feel everyone here helped me make some very informed decisions, so I'm just trying to contribute my experience.

Keep me posted on your search, I'm still planning on buying a Pilot or something by the End of the year.

Leave a few EX-Ls for me out there!
  • Options
    08tldriver08tldriver Member Posts: 2
    Just purchased 2010 2wd Touring in the Dallas Area from Honda Cars of Mckinney. We bought it for $35,400.45 OTD (after TTL,). Easy experience, they pretty much cut to the chase and the new pilot is great. This included the Mats, Cargo Tray, Wheel Locks, Nitrogen, Etc. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    carbcarb Member Posts: 14
    You can go to honda.com and search by zipcode 30341 or any Atlanta Zip code. The 28.2k price includes destination but dealer fees here are a bit ridiculous - some charge as high as $699. I arrived at the 28.2k price with some haggling but maybe you can get them to take off the dealer fee. You can try Hennessey Honda, Ed Voyles and Willet Honda South. Those are the dealers I dealt with.
  • Options
    Thanks for the information. Which dealer did you deal with? I have
    seen that some do not have the 2009 EX-L 2WD that I am interested in.
    Their inventories are starting to fill up with 2010s.
  • Options
    mikewillsmikewills Member Posts: 2
    Hey Nuzy.

The price I listed was for a 4wd and it includes destination, however, I'm going to try to get the $189 doc fee waived. My dealer tried to locate a Billet silver w/ gray or blue interior w/ and w/o RES today without any decent results. We found a couple local demos and 300 mile one, but I was told it's been on the lot a while and test driven quite a bit. We casted the net 150 miles out and found a few, but they were all dealer demos with around 3-5k miles. I was also told some dealers may not be willing to trade, therefore calling them demos to turn us off.......cannot confirm though.

I settled on Sterling Gray and we found one, but we'll have to dealer trade...no big deal. The Sterling Gray one already has the door edge guards installed, along with pinstriping and the roof rack cross bars. I'm not sure what the add-ons are worth, nor do I care for the striping and cross bars. Does anyone have any ideas on how to negotiate these?

Mike
  • Options
    marutimaruti Member Posts: 9
    Congrats on your new car! I think it's a great deal.

Is this with RES or without? Can you tell me the invoice on this?

I have been looking around in SoCal for 2010 Tourings with NAV + RES and have been getting quotes between $36-37K for 2wd and $38-40K for 4wd. These prices include destination and TTL is extra. One dealer was ready to give me the 4wd OTD for $41K but it was white and I think that's still high!

Anyone else has any quotes or bought a 2010 Touring, please do share your experiences.

Thanks!
  • Options
    jc22jc22 Member Posts: 17
    I just need some advice on this quote I got from Bernardi Honda of Natick, MA. Is $29,013 before TTL a good deal for a 2010 EX 4WD in Massachusetts? I am not sure if I should take it, look for a 2009 4WD EX-L, or wait for better incentives. Thanks!
  • Options
    dukeandmariedukeandmarie Member Posts: 7
    Trying to be patient and want to get the best deal like everyone else. If you've purchased a 09 Pilot 4WD EX or EXL recently in the Denver area will you share your price paid??

Also, the cash for clunkers program... am I calculating correctly???
    I negotiate a price of XYZ... say $30,000 w/the dealer... but then I'm actually only going to cut him a check for $26,500 (because I'm (he's) going to get the check from the govt for $3500).... am I figuring that correctly???

Any advice is MUCH appreciated!!! Thanks!!
  • Options
    pdx22pdx22 Member Posts: 5
    You can get the details for CFC here:
    http://sutton.house.gov/news/story.cfm?id=250

Rules for SUV's are dependant on weight class. We are waiting for the bill to pass to decide what to do, but a 2wd pilot puts us at $4500 with the 5mpg difference.

Let's see if they up the rebates on the '09's, or might make more sense to just get an 2010...
  • Options
    zdogszdogs Member Posts: 18
    Got a 2009 EX 2WD last night. Been watching this board for months now. Was taking the advice of some posters and trying to wait for better deals on the 09s. It almost cost me, because in my area (central FL), they are drying up. My local dealer had over 20 '09 Pilots about 6 weeks ago - today he has 1. It's a 2WD EXL w/RES. I wanted the leather, but just couldn't justify the extra money. Ended up with a Black EX from a dealer about 90 miles away in Wesley Chapel, FL and leased it based on purchase price of $25,800 - with no dealer fee - which in Florida is big. There's no cap on dealer fees here and they typically are $500 - $700. Final deal on 36 month lease was $1200 out of pocket and $385 per month (includes 7% tax). This is the best deal I could find on an EX anywhere within 200 miles. Most other dealers were in the $420 - $440 range with only $1200 down.

And for all of you waiting for better deals to come along - you better hurry if you want an 09 - at least in this area. EX inventory is very low (this dealership had 2 left and 1 was a demo). They had 3 EXLs and 2 were demos with 5,000 miles. There aren't many EXs left in central FL - I think 4 or 5 within 150 miles. There are a few EXLs left, but the color selection is limited - lots of White or Dark Cherry. A Black or Silver one here and there.
    Courtesy Honda - Sanford: 1 EXL w/ RES - Black
    Holler - Orlando - 1 EXL
    Jon Hall Honda - Daytona: 1 EXL no RES - Black
    Winter Haven Honda - 1EX - Nimbus Gray, 2 EXL - White and Nimbus
    Coggin - Deland - 1 EXL - Silver
    Ron Norris - Titusville - 1 EXL 2WD - White, 1 EXL 4WD - Black
    Hondaland - Tampa - 3 EX - Silver, Gray, White - 3 EXLs - Cherry, Silver, White
    Crown - Pinellas Park - 1 EXL - Silver

Anyway, these aren't all the dealerships I checked, but you get the picture.

Good luck.
  • Options
    carsalesman2carsalesman2 Member Posts: 22
    Its been 3 weeks, not 4 months. Again, you mislead
  • Options
    motichormotichor Member Posts: 32
    Honda Cars of Mccinney sent me an email saying that they are offering upto 10000$ off on the 2009 Pilot and Odyssey.
    If anyone of you are planning to buy in the DFW area and need a copy of that email, then email me at xtraintel@yahoo.com. You also have another option and that is to directly go into the dealership and ask them for the "Summer Savings" deal, which is 10000$ off on the Pilot and Odysseys.

Even with all their add ons (approx 2000$ - Tint, Sealant, Wheel Locks etc), dealership fee of 200$, this is an awesome deal.

Good Luck.

And I hope this opens up Carsalesman's eyes as well as one other guy who kept on insisting that this is not possible.

Lastly, this dealership has 6 Pilots left in Stock.
  • Options
    aln1aln1 Member Posts: 23
    Does that include destination?

Thanks.
  • Options
    Wow! Thanks for the info! I sent you an email. If dealers start offering this kind of incentive, I imagine the 2009s would start flying off the lots. Unbelievable!
  • Options
    jc22jc22 Member Posts: 17
    Yes, it does include destination. Does not include:

5% MA tax
    $111 title/plates
    $299 Doc fee

So OTD ~ $30,870. Is this OK, good, or bad for 2010 4wd EX in Massachusetts? I am on the fence on this or wait for incentives.
  • Options
    That's the old "up to" trick...up to $10,000 off means that depending on the specific vehicle, the discount could be anywhere from 0 - $10,000. I would imagine the $10,000 applies to 1 of the 09 Odysseys - their website shows they have 54 of them. It only shows 3 '09 Pilots.
  • Options
    I see. Thanks for the heads up.
  • Options
    aln1aln1 Member Posts: 23
    jc22,

I am not sure I can tell you if it is good or not but just in case you missed an earlier post, what I have read here says one dealer has already started offering $300 below invoice on the 2010. The 2010 EX 4WD that I looked up has an invoice of $29303.00. Hope it helps.
  • Options
    eka1eka1 Member Posts: 41
    Why dont you open your eyes, because all this is a scam. In 6years the Pilots been out nobody has been able to get close to $10k off the MSRP. So wake up and smell the coffee, instead of telling people to open there eyes
  • Options
    qelecqelec Member Posts: 2
    In oct of 07 I bought an 07 EXL w/RES for 28k with roof rack cross bars and trunk cover. This was about 8500 under MSRP. I would call that close to 10k. This was from DCH paramus honda in NJ.

On another note, there are 697 pilots 2009 within 200 miles of 07208 as shown by vehix. 623 EXL's. I'm sure it is different for other places, but for here there is no urgency on 09's.
  • Options
    shileishilei Member Posts: 11
    I do not know if this is a scam or not but I did call the dealer. I was told the $10,000.00 offer was on the higest price model pilot and they had no more 2009 Honda pilots left. Was it a scam? I have the flyer in my e-mail. You should call your local AG (attorney general) if you think so. By the way they still have the 2009 vans but not the 2009 pilots. 1800 545 0591
  • Options
    arrowhead98arrowhead98 Member Posts: 7
    Hi Pangaroo

I visited Jerry at diamond honda and told him about your deal of $28,800 for EX-L, NO res, but had Lo-Jack and aftermarket Bluetooth.

He told me that he doesn't remeber going this low on the deal. Do you have an actual quote from him? Right now he is offering me the same car for $30,060.

Where they having a special sell when you were there?

Thanks!!
  • Options
    pilot20pilot20 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    I am getting a 2009 Honda Pilot Ex for $27,300 or the Pilot Lx (4WD) for $25,000. Is it a good price ? Should I sign on the dotted line.
    Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
  • Options
    If that's an EX 2WD, you should be able to get to around $26k before TTL and fees. I just got one yesterday for $25,860.
  • Options
    arrowhead98arrowhead98 Member Posts: 7
    I just got another offer for 09 EX-L 2WD no RES, but with lojack and bluetooth for $29,500. Is that a good offer? Or should I wait till July 4th?
  • Options
    IMO, that's pretty good. The best offer I received for an EXL 2WD was $29,000, but without the Lojack and Bluetooth. If those two things are worth $500 to you, seems like a good deal.
  • Options
    tdf1tdf1 Member Posts: 4
    Here are details of an e-mail I just received for those in Dallas looking for a Pilot. I am not connected with Rusty Wallis, but I had previously contacted them about pricing so I am now probably forever on their mailing list. Just passing on the information.

We are having a DEMO SALE this weekend. Our demos are sold at substantively lower prices because they have been driven on average about 6,000 miles. They still carry the full factory warranty and are serviced and ready for delivery. Below is the list of vehicles included in the sale.

STK 3 YEAR MODEL DEMO PRICE
    90300 2009 PILOT EXL-WHITE $27,334
    90683 2009 PILOT EXL-WHITE $27,524
    91227 2009 PILOT EXL-WHITE $27,492
    91285 2009 PILOT EXL-WHITE $27,471
    91302 2009 PILOT EXL-DARK CHERRY $27,368
    91502 2009 PILOT EXL-WHITE $27,382
    92104 2009 PILOT EXL-BLACK $28,424
    91715 2009 PILOT EXL-RES SYS (DVD)-SILVER $29,434
  • Options
    bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    Are they intended to leave out the drive of FWD or AWD?
  • Options
    kasrhpkasrhp Member Posts: 11
    I am in the market for a new 09 Pilot EX-L. Currently I have an offer for $27,990 +t,t,t. I think the price is pretty competitive, but I was wondering if Honda ever gives any real incentives or rebates. I know you can count on the big 3 for that...but Honda? Also, with the 2010 already coming in, will it be harder to get that price on an 2010 too? Itll basically be harder to get the 09 obviously as time goes on too?

Thanks for the help.
  • Options
    cndnbkncndnbkn Member Posts: 76
    I am in NC and am wondering if anyone has seen a good amount of pilots anywhere between DC and Atlanta. Let me know. Looking for 2wd EX or EXL. Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    arob1arob1 Member Posts: 67
    Price seems high for EX. I have a offer of $26300 for 2009 EX from sloanehonda in PA.
  • Options
    $27,990 for an EX-L? I would jump on that...the best offer I received after dealing with over 10 dealers was $28,999. And you're right about availability on the '09s. I don't know where you are, but here in FL the 09s are getting scarce.
  • Options
    Yes, that is high (unless it's 4WD). I just got an '09 EX 2WD on Tuesday for $25,860.
  • Options
    kmc143kmc143 Member Posts: 4
    I got an offer for a 2009 Pilot 4WD EX-L for $29,262 + dest + doc + TTL/Tax.

Anyone think that there is still room for price adjustments?
  • Options
    Where did you get this? I would like to buy that same vehicle and I think your price plus ttl is really good. Please let me know. Thanks.
  • Options
    Are these the price plus ttl? If so, I am interested.