Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier BMW 3-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    jmc19216jmc19216 Member Posts: 5
    What options on the 328 did you get for $36K?
    Who was your salesman?
    Thanks
  • Options
    epaiukepaiuk Member Posts: 23
    Hi Carman,

Do you have the May numbers for a 328 Coupe lease 12 k miles/ 36 months?

Thanks!
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,422

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    rudylgzarudylgza Member Posts: 9
    We got the 328i with automatic, metallic paint, and premium package.
    I don't think you can post the name of the salesperson. Instead I can tell you that if you go to the braman bmw web site and look under the Departments tab then under Sales Advisors, he is the second from your left in the second row. Tell him Rudy sent you.
  • Options
    babydoctor77babydoctor77 Member Posts: 7
    I just ordered my 2008 335i convertible for 695 over invoice, custom built. Delivery scheduled for late June.

Options: Sports; Premium; Cold Weather; Steptronic Auto; Sports leather steering wheel and paddle shifters; Comfort Access; Navigation; HD Radio; Satellite Radio; ipod/USB adaptor; for 55,100 plus tax and license.

If you take into account that the BMW pricing has increased as of 5/10/08, this price is actually below the invoice.

This dealer is in Texas. :shades:
  • Options
    jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    I saw an ad in a local paper that says this dealer is offering new 2008 328 sedans for $31,888 and 3.9% financing for 60 months.

Features listed are:

Automatic transmission
    Remote keyless entry
    Sunroof
    Wood trim
    Alloy wheels
    Dynamic Stability Control

So, it sounds like the only "option" is automatic and these cars would have unheated leatherette seats, non-metallic paint, no bluetooth and the basic stock radio.

The ad says 7 are available at that price and it's in Northern California.

I calculate:

It would be about $34,700 after tax, license and doc fee.
    If I weren't going to put down any money the monthly payment would be about $637 a month for 60 months.
    If I wanted payments under $500 a month, I'd need to put down about $7400 in cash and/or trade equity.

I'll have to check with my insurance agent to find the latest insurance rates so I could calculate my total monthly costs.
    I'll also need to check on what I can expect to pay for tire replacements. At least the base tires should be less expensive than the Sport Package tires.
    I'm more likely to get a lower priced car than a new BMW, but I'm curious about this.

Is there anything fantastic about this advertised special or should there be better deals available now?
  • Options
    zingdingzingding Member Posts: 9
    I recently purchased a 2008 335i Convertible with steptronic, heated seats, Sirius, comfort access, rear backup option , navigation, BMW assist w/bluetooth. The exterior is white with red sun reflective leather on the inside! I paid $51,195.00. Was this a good deal? I appreciate any feedback. :)
  • Options
    richzrichz Member Posts: 160
    Don't crosspost.
  • Options
    ?!!

The other post was asking for a lease calculation and other lease-related questions, so it was posted in the lease questions area.
    Does anyone have anything useful to reply with?
  • Options
    babydoctor77babydoctor77 Member Posts: 7
    I'm canceling my 335i convertible order. The Audi S5 is the same price.....and the decision between the two is an absolute no brainer!!! S5 here i come!!
  • Options
    Is the S5 a convertible? :confuse:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    bmwflbmwfl Member Posts: 1
    where did you get your car for that price, what dealer???????? too good to be true
  • Options
    blueguydotcomblueguydotcom Member Posts: 6,249
    No the S5 is not available as a convertible. He's doing an apples and oranges comparison. He's basing the purchase on price.
  • Options
    I went ahead and took the advertised special price and 3.9% financing for 60 months.
    Seems like a good deal with minimal haggling.
    I checked the Costco special at another dealer and it was $500 over invoice. I might have taken it, but they didn't have the color or equipment I wanted in stock and could not find one in their locater computer. They told me the car I told them I saw at another dealer must have already been sold.

I went back to the first dealer and checked the lot again and the car was still sitting there. The ad special was even less than the Costco price, so it all worked out.
  • Options
    I bought my 335i Convertible through the overseas military sales in Japan. Iassume this is a good deal? I appreciate the feedback.
  • Options
    pdude1pdude1 Member Posts: 47
    if that's out the door after taxes, then that is very good!
  • Options
    rheadyrheady Member Posts: 4
    List,
    Got the following quote from a Dallas dealer, and looking for input. I have been getting mostly "at MSRP" quotes from all over the state lately, and one finally came in under ($1,700 under or so). Anyhow, this is the deal:

2008 335i
    Black Sapphire Metallic
    Black Dakota Leather
    Dark Burl Walnut Wood trim
    Premium Package
    Sport Package
    Paddle Shifters
    Steptronic Automatic
    Comfort Access System
    Heated Front Seats
    Navigation
    iPod/USB
    Park Distance Control

MSRP: $49, 625
    Invoice: $45, 665
    Price offered: $47,925
    3.9% Financing on Purchase
    .00255 Money Factor on lease
    58% residual for 12,000 miles per year
    56% residual for 15,000 miles per year

Any thoughts about this? Looks decent at first blush, but outside eyes are appreciated. Also, they let me know that the MSRP was going to $50,400 as of June 1 as a result of the price increases. Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    It is not including sales tax, title, and license. I am debating whether to register and pay tax in VA or Illinois? Any thoughts? Thanks.
  • Options
    win0630win0630 Member Posts: 2
    MSRP: $45,900
    Offer: $42,000

Took the plunge to the BMW pool.
  • Options
    I just purchased a 2008 335i convertible and not sure if it is cheaper to register in VA rather than illinois. Can anyone offer recommendations? I believe VA is cheaper.
  • Options
    Don't you have to register it where you live?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Not really. If you are in the military, there are exceptions. SInce I have a drivers license from Illinois I can register it there. However, since I am being stationed in VA, I have the option of registering it there. Still not sure which state is cheaper.
  • Options
    VA is definitely cheaper.. 3%, I think...

Illinois varies from 6%-8%, depending on where you live...

Though, you might check into personal property taxes, as well....

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Yeah, I just called the dmv and found out that VA is cheaper, however, VA does have a property tax which may be waived since I am in the military.
  • Options
    onebonsaiguyonebonsaiguy Member Posts: 7
    I just got into an 2007 "exec demo" w/ 15k miles. It apparently was a purchase from BMWNA and was used by BMW reps. It had never been registered and as such was classified as "new". It has the following options:

335i cpe
    Titanium Silver
    Premium
    Sport
    Coldweather
    iPod plug (not integrated iPod)

$37,700 before all fees. I think its a good deal but wanted feedback from out there. I'm in Socal (OC).

I've been driving a 540 and a 545 for the last 6 years and am definitely getting used to a 3. Seems to be much nimbler especially given the twin turbo. However, ride quality is definitely "sportier". I somehow now miss the bells and whistles on the 5 that I never cared about before:(.
  • Options
    raphsterraphster Member Posts: 13
    any recommendations on a BMW dealer in the New york tristate area?
    looking to buy a 328 convertible
    Thanks
  • Options
    jbruinjbruin Member Posts: 2
    08 335i Sedan RWD, Alpine White, Sport, Premium package and other misc extras.
    There is a $1210 Automatic Transmission incentive until June 30, so they were willing to deal. Plus BMW is down 16% this year, especially 3 series.

Leased at invoice exactly. 3yrs, 12K, Total Cap Cost $46065. MSRP $49870, residual was 58%, so $28924. Free Mats. Monthly Payments $626.10 plus tax. Drive off was higher than I prefer, but no cap reduction. 1st month, security deposit, DMV, Acq fee totaled to: $2705.31. I am not sure if that is normal. What do you think?

I was going to do a fax attack approach like Fighting Chance recommended, but I had very specific options. I ended up emailing 3 dealers in San Diego. Northcounty BMW offered $350 above invoice, but wrong color combo. They also refused to give me MF and Residual for some reason. Disappointed with them to be honest. Got the round around for awhile, then he stopped replying to me. Encinitas BMW did not respond.

Brecht BMW Internet sales in Escondido, CA was a breeze. I emailed my exact specs with invoice/MSRP pricing listed and told him that I was offered $350 above invoice elsewhere. Next Morning, he sent back $0 over invoice proposal and I picked up 6 hrs later after work. They did write up some suspicious offer once I arrived that had monthly $50 above email, but that was quickly fixed because I knew the lease parameters very well. They apologized and threw in the Free Mats to shut me up I think. I am trying to figure out what game that was, maybe they toyed with the MF a bit. But after getting screwed before, now I am ready with the lease math and do extensive homework. I actually was able to lower my other lease, BTW, at www.lowermylease.com. ReFinanced and got $100 less per month, but that is another story altogether

I am thrilled so far. My wife cried because she has to give up her 01 M3, but this car comes close with much better interior and gadgets. BMW assist, seat and bluetooth are surprisingly awesome. I had to take them to get the color combo I wanted.
  • Options
    circlewcirclew Member Posts: 8,666
    Way back, blueguydotcom and the host recommended using MSD's (multiple security deposits) which are refundable. Did you try to negotiate this to lower your lease pmt?

Regards,
    OW
  • Options
    richzrichz Member Posts: 160
    There should be no negotiation required for using MSDs and they are a great idea. You can put down 7 security deposits and each one lowers the money factor by .00007. This is a decent return on your deposit.
  • Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,955
    Well, I haven't actually bought from them, but I've been in there a couple of times shopping and the folks at Circle BMW in Long Branch, NJ have been very nice, accomodating, non-pushy, and welcoming.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    jbruinjbruin Member Posts: 2
    I read about MSD's but never really understood it. and dealers never offer it. But I will keep it in mind next time. thanks
  • Options
    nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,439
    My family has had positive buying experiences with Wide World of Cars BMW in Spring Valley, NY.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options
    x021627x021627 Member Posts: 152
    I recommend JMK BMW and Peter Miller BMW.
  • Options
    jetfanjetfan Member Posts: 61
    I just leased a 328i from circle BMW in Eatontown NJ & my salesman was fantastic. Answered all my questions, gave me selling price, money factor, residual etc all via E-Mail. I would be happy to give you his name if you contact me for it (don't want to post it & break any rules).
  • Options
    win0630win0630 Member Posts: 2
    Difeo BMW in Tenafly NJ. Bought both my wife's X3 in 2004 and my 335xi last week there. Offers were way below any other NJ Dealer. Very professional. Great buying experience.
  • Options
    packrfanpackrfan Member Posts: 50
    I've just seen an 08 335xi coupe on a dealership lot with a used, full warranty. While I don't have any details (its Sunday & dealerships in Chicago-area are closed today), are there any rules-of-thumb on depreciation for very recent model, used cars? Thnx in advance
  • Options
    siccesicce Member Posts: 11
    I just got a 328i with Prem, Auto, Xeons, IPod, Heated Seats and Sirius MSRP:39995
    Got it for $37395 + tags+Tax

Is this good price ?
  • Options
    You should check Carsdirect.com for your zip code and see what they would sell it to you for. If you got it for less, it's probably a good deal.
  • Options
    dannyben33dannyben33 Member Posts: 8
    Just wondering if anyone knows what 07 automatic coupes are going for at auctions around the country. I know a couple used coupes I'm looking at came from there and want to put in a fair offer and surely don't want to pay a lot more than I should. (which I've done in the past!)
    Thank you in advance for the help.
  • Options
    kev676kev676 Member Posts: 1
    Looking for no nonsense dealer to purchase 2008 335i Convertible in Tenn. Any dealers willing to sell close to invoice? Internet sales? How much should I pay?

Thanks.
  • Options
    wickedlfewickedlfe Member Posts: 3
    Hi everyone! Had my first car buying experience today and wanted to know if I got a good deal. I did a lot of research online and let the internet managers battle it out for my business:

2008 328i Sedan
    Alpine White
    Auto Trans
    Premium Package
    Xenon Headlights
    Heated Seats
    Ipod
    MSRP $39,400.00
    Got it for $35,500 + tax and licence.
  • Options
    itaddictitaddict Member Posts: 15
    Hi - What and where was your final deal? Im looking for a 3 series sedan in next few weeks.
  • Options
    wickedlfewickedlfe Member Posts: 3
    basically all they added to the $35,500 was tax and license. I don't have the papers in front of me but I think the total out the door price was a little over $38,600. It was a dealer in southern california. Are you near here?
  • Options
    itaddictitaddict Member Posts: 15
    I am in Central NJ. East Coast.

I am getting the following deal:

328xi 12k rolling everything except 1St payment and DMV fees. Assuming
    security deposit waived. Based on MSRP of $41,325.

36 month $566 with $565 plus DMV

528xi sedan MSRP $50,325

36 month $$719.00 with $719 plus MDV due at
    signing.

Regards
  • Options
    derelixsderelixs Member Posts: 3
    Just got an offer for a new 08' 328i stick, stock white with black leatherette.
    MSRP 32400+ destination 775= 33175
    Invoice 29810+ 775 des= 30585

Bought the car for 31710 which includes destination, floor mats, and tire insurance for 5 yrs unlimited miles.

state tax @ 7%= 2219.70
    tire fee= 6
    Reg/ Title for 4 yrs= 349
    Doc fee= 125
    online fee= 8.30
    out the door 34418.00

What do you think?
  • Options
    miket1000miket1000 Member Posts: 12
    Hi:

Has anyone heard the June Money Factor and Residuals for 3 series coupes and sedans? I'm coming off lease at the end of the month and need to start crunching.

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    tafagantafagan Member Posts: 2
    Hello iam planing on buying a 1994 325is for 6,000 and i wanted to know if it was a good deal.
    4735k new engine
    new clucth
    bavarain header
    bavarain chip
    bavarain High-Performance Ignition Coil Set set of 6
    bavarain dip dish rims with a winter set
    i mean everything is pretty much rebuilt or new. and the color is in pretty mint condition, so is inside of the car. so i just wanted to know if i should go for it. cause im pretty sure im not going to see a deal like this for a long time. i just need a 2nd opinion
  • Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,367
    I'd still want it checked out by a good BMW tech. If the car passes muster I'd say $5K-$6K would be a decent enough price. The E35 BMWs aren't exactly rare, so I'd wait for a good one rather than jumping on the first car you look at.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• Options
    tafagantafagan Member Posts: 2
    i mean ive been looking for awhile now. i just havent been able to find one with low miles. with a good price. plus im commuting to college so i need a car that has the low miles and pretty good mpg
  • Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,367
    Well, if you don't have it inspected by a good BMW tech you are just asking for trouble.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive