Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier BMW 3-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    truthseeker825truthseeker825 Member Posts: 2
    I leased a 2000 328i and when it was up (in 2004), I was able to turn the car into the dealer, the dealer CPO-ed the car that included Service 2, new brakes, new rubber, and a complete detailing, I then purchased the car for 2500 less than the lease buy out plus the car was CPO-ed and had all the needed maintenance done on it.....the dealer didn't know I was going to buy it when I turned it in.....granted it was a bit of a risk, but it paid off.....since the dealer is simply processing the car for BMW (as I understand it) you may be able to negotiate something up front as well. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    eliaselias Member Posts: 2,209
    hello rick11,
    I'm not sure what you mean by "dealer invoice" as opposed to some other "invoice".
    Invoice prices are available here on edmunds; aren't those sufficient for you?
    Please note that the "invoice price" is a number that may or may not bear any resemblance to the actual "dealer cost" which seems to possibly interest you.
    To find out the actual dealer cost you'll may need to buy the dealership or get a job there as the business manager,or as a contracts administrator for the manufacturer.
  • Options
    jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    I doubt if anything like your deal is possible in 2010. Those were the good old days for leasing.
  • Options
    jtlajtla Member Posts: 388
    To find out the actual dealer cost you'll may need to buy the dealership or get a job there as the business manager,or as a contracts administrator for the manufacturer.

LOL.....but very true.

rick11,
    If you are interested in finding the actual dealer cost, you seems to forget to ask about dealership rent, salesperson salary, overhead, etc. Hmmm, maybe you have those ifo already? ;)

As elias pointed out, dealer invoice and incentive information are readily available here on edmunds. With those information plus reading all posts in the last 3-4 weeks on this thread, you should be well prepared to negotiate a good price for your vehicle.

For ED, check out this thread, where you will also find reference to other sites.
    http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/WebX/.ef0f82e?displayRecent
  • Options
    bonnejo3bonnejo3 Member Posts: 2
    Hey all - I am just starting evaluating lease vs purchase and was curious about what others here may have been able to negotiate for the following (I am in Atlanta BTW):

335i (09 or 10) sedan
    15k per year (3 year) for lease option
    navigation
    M Sports package
    iPod and USB adapter
    Logic7 sound system with Surround Sound and Digital Sound Processing

(Not sure what the premium package really adds to the above?)

Per the website, I get about a 49,150 MSRP for the 2010. Looking for comparables at drive out price via purchase?

I am flexible with down payment (up to 5k, which clearly makes more sense for a purchase).

Also, I would clearly much prefer a CPO, 2009 dealer model, etc - any advice on that front?

Last question - Any USAA members out there get financing through them? I hear it can be a great deal (and I don't see any finance incentives right now through BMW?)

Thx!
  • Options
    millwood0millwood0 Member Posts: 451
    "Follow the breaking story"

I sympathize with your story but by spamming us and making unrealistic claims (this is a "breaking story"? really?) you have severely undercut your own credibility.
  • Options
    mrbimmer1mrbimmer1 Member Posts: 6
    You should expect to pay about $30k plus tax and license tag. See my # 10478 post.
  • Options
    muathusanjosemuathusanjose Member Posts: 11
    I don't know if they do it for the 2010 model,
    by the way, I want to know if standard they have power seat or manual ??
  • Options
    ursamajorursamajor Member Posts: 127
    I leased a 2008 335xi, special order, and had a great salesman in the internet lease department who beat every competitor. I almost leased a 2005 from them, but cancelled at the last moment, but the price and terms negotiated were easily the best in the Los Angeles area.
  • Options
    sksnsksn Member Posts: 4
    it was.
    i dealt with steve hui, who claimed to be the fleet manager, and he would be the kind of sales person who i would not want to deal with in the future.
    Finance guy Thomas Kamenos was either very dumb or very deceptive when he had the contract wrong 3 times.
    Armando leyva, the finance manager, was unresponsive when i tried to get my down payments back. he did not respond to my voice mails or emails when I asked about getting my money back.

in the end i had to talk to Steve Lindstrom, the general manager to get my money back. it was such a hassle. Although, he was a little better than the other three I mentioned above.

you probably were very lucky that you had a good sales person. my experience with pacific bmw would make me think a trillion times before doing business with them again.
  • Options
    I'll follow the rules and not disclose the salesperson, who is still there. He was excellent. I must have lucked out, but I only do internet leasing, and have found most of those folks to be a cut above a "live" salesperson. I don't want to meet these salespersons until the day I take delivery. I lease at least five cars a year for clients, and remove them from the [non-permissible content removed] you have to endure in person. I also find that price competition/negotiation) is best conducted in cyberspace, not a showroom. If you really want my contact, post your e-mail and I'll identify the salesperson. There is also an ace mechanic in their garage who has never failed to answer my questions honestly, and I don't have my Bimmer serviced at Glendale--it's much too far to drive to and would kill a day.
  • Options
    redlinepbredlinepb Member Posts: 12
    What do you guys think?

2010 BMW 328I coupe has M sport package, metallic paint, Sat Radio, Ipod, sunroof
    MSRP $45,050
    36 months/12,000 miles a year
    Zero Down except fees which are $1,183.00

Monthly payment which includes tax - $612.88
  • Options
    anowlananowlan Member Posts: 48
    That sounds like a good deal. Last BMW i had in that MSRP range was more than $750/mo.
  • Options
    jazzyjeff1jazzyjeff1 Member Posts: 2
    hey guys....what do you guys think about this deal?

Used 2009 328i fully loaded with 16k miles for $30k out the door. The car was a loaner. Any suggestions would be much appreciated, thanks!
  • Options
    Considering you have 3 years left on the warranty -- seems reasonable. What was the msrp.
  • Options
    jazzyjeff1jazzyjeff1 Member Posts: 2
    Originally $42k....the asking price now pre tax and everything is $31,500
  • Options
    That's a vast difference from your original post. "Fully loaded and $30k out the door" sounded like a steal to me. But now, a $42k 328i is hardly fully loaded, and $31,500 pre tax and everything is no bargain for a car with 16k miles on the clock -- given the current BMW promotion on 2009 leftovers. IMO, it is a fair price at best.
  • Options
    Thanks for the input, that helps!
  • Options
    I live in Florida and have gotten all my quotes through email. I won't go in unless they give me a number that I think is worth going in for. Which dealerships are you going through? Maybe I can help
  • Options
    jj2009jj2009 Member Posts: 2
    So i'm getting this deal for a 2010 335 with a 48,000 msrp.
    sports package, nav, usb, ipod adaptor

10k/year
    36 mo.
    3k down

payments of 629/month

This is my first lease experience, is this a good deal?
  • Options
    Only manual seats come with the base car. They are very simple and easy to adjust so it is not a big deal for me. I have discovered that using the DS "sports setting" is like driving a 75% 335i, very responsive for acceleration and speed changes. Good enough for me for everyday driving. Great car for $30k!
  • Options
    I paid a little under $30k plus tax and license tag for a 2009 328i with MSRP of $36,800 that has only 8 miles on odometer comes with 4 yr of full maintenance and warranty. I would forgo the moderate additional options from a used car and get a BRAND NEW car instead. See my # 10478 post. There are still some new 2009 cars in stock. I think for a $40,000 MSRP new 2009 328i, they would give you a $7500 discount easily based on my recent purchase experience.
  • Options
    Those are all essential to "what I think."
  • Options
    cuinozcuinoz Member Posts: 4
    Hi Folks:

I too am purchasing a 2010 328xi with 6 speed auto, Prem. Pkge, Satelite Radio, Nav., Value Pkge $0, Heated steering wheel, Fold down seats )60/40 split), and floor mat's.
    MSRP is $43,165.00
    My cost 40,000.00
    This is my first BMW, Good someone please tell me if its a avg., good or great deal? The salesman said no one will beat his price! I do not trust car salesmen
    Thanks!
    Oz
  • Options
    Look on Edmunds.com for invoice after you build the car like that. If you're paying less than $1000 over invoice that's a good deal. Less than $500 over, a great deal. Beware the $400 floor mats.
  • Options
    doanmquangdoanmquang Member Posts: 34
    I just purchased 335i 2009

MSRP 50,045

Price $37,000
    Doc fee: $349.50
    Tax 6%: $2,240.97
    Title & Lemon: $21

OTD: $39,611.47
  • Options
    Wow! That is an amazing price for a brand new 335i. (I suppose it is not a demo, right?) Which region are you in and which dealership.

BTW, you listed "Title & Lemon: $21" in your price. You couldn't have meant "license" as that would seem too low, but what is "lemon"? I certainly hope you are not getting a :lemon: ;) as many posters have mentioned about their HPFP problems.
  • Options
    How many miles are on the car? That's well below invoice....
  • Options
    No, it is not a demo. It has 50 miles on the car. I bought it in Georgia and it is Silver Metallic color. The title transfer is $18 and $3 for lemon law. The Georgia registration license plate is $18. I hope that helps.
  • Options
    This is truly an unbelievably great price for such a fantastic driving machine. Congratulations again. I am sure you will enjoy the car tremendously.
  • Options
    Thanks! I pick the right time and date to call the Athen BMW, GA dealer since yesterday is the last day of the Marketing support ended. The negotiation deal was on the chat line and over the phone and it took one hour to finish the all the paper work and we drove out. The salesman are very friendly and no hassle like any other dealer before. I am very happy with it. I definitely recommended this dealer. They are very friendly to work it.
  • Options
    sasha12sasha12 Member Posts: 11
    When you say, "if you're paying less than $1000 over invoice that's a good deal".
    Do you mean before tax, title, license? Or are you saying you think people should be able to get a 2010 out the door for $1000 over invoice? It's a huge difference.
    Thanks!
  • Options
    When i say $1k over, I mean before taxes, tag and title. You're right, there's a big difference.
  • Options
    sasha12sasha12 Member Posts: 11
    Thanks. I ended up getting a 2010 328i negotiated down to invoice (before tax, title and license) in northern california. Obviously it's already set in stone but still looking for opinions if that was a good deal or not.
    Thanks.

sports package, premium, heated seats, xenon light, etc.
  • Options
    I just leased my car this sunday January 31st, 2010 and here is the deal I got

2010 BMW 328i coupe with M package, sunroof, ipod, sat radio - Black on Black

MSRP - $45,050
    36 Months/12,000 miles a year
    Inceptions - $1,185
    Out of pocket - $1,700
    Total out of pocket - $2,885.00
    Monthly payments - $550 tax included in this payment

I think its a great deal
  • Options
    carexpert08carexpert08 Member Posts: 49
    Hey Guys,

I am in the market to lease a 3-series. I am open to either coupe or sedan (of course I prefer the coupe), the dealer told me about select financing. Basically at the end of the finance there is still a balloon payment. I am wondering if it is worth signing this deal. Please give me your thoughts both positive and negative in regards to such a finance.
  • Options
    rexx08rexx08 Member Posts: 17
    Are new February 2010 leasing rates out yet (particularly, for 328i)? Any changes from January? Any new incentives for February? Thanks.
  • Options
    cuinozcuinoz Member Posts: 4
    Hi All:
    Here is the final deal I worked out. Would like your thoughts

2010 328ix Sedan
    Steptronic Auto
    Premium Package
    Value Package ( required)
    Heated Steering Wheel
    Fold Down Seats
    Navigation System
    Satellite Radio
    Vehicle to be pinstripped
    After market security lighting

Sale Price 39,990.00
  • Options
    convertiblelconvertiblel Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking at a 2010 328i Convertible 36 month lease with 15k miles/year. What are the residual, money factor, and invoice with the following configuration? Can you get these for $1,000 or less over invoice? Is it worth waiting for the 2011 model?

Metallic Paint
    Dakota Leather
    Light Walnut
    Steptronic
    Premium
    Cold Weather
    Comfort Access...
    Navigation
    Satellite Radio
    Alarm
    Park Distance Control

Thanks!
  • Options
    adagadag Member Posts: 5
    I am in the market for a CPO 2007 328i. The current offer from BMW is a 6 yr/ 100K miles no-maintenance cost OR 0.9% financing. The no- maintenance allows me to drive the car for another 3.5 years w/o costs (am i right?), while the 0.9% financing vs potentially 5.9% will cost $1500 extra on a $15K loan for 3 years. Any thoughts/ recommendations?
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,422
    If it is a wash, financially, I'd take the maintenance plan... You get your $1500 upfront (the cost of the plan), rather than over time.. If circumstances change and you sell your car early, that will add to it's value, but you wouldn't get full use of the low-cost financing.. If you were going to borrow more money, that might tilt it the other way..

Some things to consider:

-Check the in-service date of the car.. That's when the warranty and maintenance plan start. An '07 could be anywhere from 28 months to 42 months old.. From your post, it sounds like a late '07 (August,'07?), which is good..

-While the extended maintenance plan is the same as the original plan, the CPO extended warranty is not as all-encompassing as the original warranty. Once the original warranty runs out, you'll have higher repair costs (including a deductible for each claim). It is a good warranty, but it isn't the ZERO-cost experience of the first four years, and some things aren't covered, at all.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    gek1gek1 Member Posts: 3
    A friend of mine offered me to sell his BMW330i (2006, One owner, 24000 miles, No accdient, No repair, Clean interior, Automatic, Premium package, Cold weather, New tires-1/30/10). The offered price is $25,000.

Is used BMW reliable like Japanese cars? I have owned two used and one new cars-all Japanese cars. They were not fun to drive but very liable and cost effective.
  • Options
    A good rule of thumb is not to buy a used car from a friend. Way too many possible complications down the road. I believe bmw's would fall in that category.
  • Options
    steelevtsteelevt Member Posts: 1
    hello, im also in the sacramento area and looking for a 328i with similar options. was that price for the sedan or coupe?
  • Options
    yolie912yolie912 Member Posts: 14
    what do you guys think for a 328I 2010
    2000 out the door down
    and having a 450 payment including tax?
    is this a good deal?
  • Options
    vk101vk101 Member Posts: 8
    Hi,
    right now some dealerships in NJ are offering for 36months lease on 2010 BMW 328xi for $369 + $4,000.
    Is it a good deal?
  • Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,954
    is that coupe or sedan? If sedan, it is just about dead on with what is advertised on the BMW website.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    anyone pls suggestions.....
  • Options
    You did not provide enough information for people to comment. Most importantly, what is the MSRP of that car? It can be a great deal (if a fully loaded) or lousy deal (a stripped down). Also, how many years is the lease term, and how many miles you are allowed to drive, etc.?
  • Options
    stripped down
    36 month lease
    10,000 miles