Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW 3-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,421
    A good deal, but the automatic transmission is a deal breaker for me. They have that car with a 6 speed stick?

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• evans23evans23 Member Posts: 14
    MSRP 41450
    Sell Price 39160
    Invoice 38410
    MF:0.00125
    Residual: 64%
    NYS Tax 8.75
    10000 per year x 3 yr lease
    monthly payment 459.85
    upfront fees taxes etc 2103.38

How does this look?

they said that their advertising cost of $200 and floor mats for $130, so their actual cost is $38,740
  • money812money812 Member Posts: 6
    Hello,
    Justed purchased a 09 335d dealer executive car with 4200 miles for $41,500. Original Msrp was 56,500 or close to that. Has almost every option you can get. Great car if anybody is considering buying one. :)
  • unconsoledunconsoled Member Posts: 3
    Please let me know if this is a good deal -- >
    -- 2011 328i BMW sedan, black(not metallic), black leather, MT
    -- value package/ leather, ipod/usb adapter
    MSRP - $34,025
    my price $32,115
    MF 1.35%
    Res. 64%
    36 mo lease - $387/month + tax
    driveoff $930
  • tsqrdtsqrd Member Posts: 1
    Any advice? I feel like this is a fair deal.

2011 328i xDrive
    MSRP $48,700
    Manual Transmission
    Navigation
    Premium Pkg
    Convenience Pkg
    Sport Pkg
    Value Pkg
    Harman Kardon
    Heated Seats
    Mineral White

Cap Cost $45,454
    Residual 65% ($31,070)
    Term 36 months / 10k miles
    MoneyFactor .0016
    Base monthly payment $521.99
    Total tax $939
    Monthly payment including tax $549.58
  • skoontzskoontz Member Posts: 21
    Premium Package
    Navigation
    Value Package
    Satellite Radio

MSRP $41550
    Cap Cost $39550
    Residual 63%
    Term 36 months / 12K miles
    MF .00170

Monthly payment $570 (I live in TX, so full sales tax is rolled into monthly payment)
  • manolin1manolin1 Member Posts: 4
    sounds a good deal on LI, i'm considering a 328xi as well, may i know the dealer name? thx a lot.
    I just got mine...less options
    MF --> I got 0.00135, which translates to APR of 3.24%, they are giving you 4.08%
    Residual --> I got 64%
    (perhaps the difference is 10K vs. 12K/year)
    They should make the first payment and the drive-off should be just the registration and small fees.
    Got the car....
    ended with $376/month + tax
    drive-off $508
    36 mo, 10K/yr
    Can you fire up your GALVES knowledge again for me? My Mom leased an '08 328xiA with cold weather, premium package, Sirius, Steptronic, & Metallic Paint (Sparkling Graphite/Black Leather) back in December '07. Her lease is maturing at the end of December. She has over 55,000 miles on the car, it has 1 year old tires, & new front/rear brakes (The light went on for the front brakes right when the odometer turned over 50K miles) & a fresh brake flush + Inspection II completed. The car's been dealer serviced. I'm wondering if it would be a good used car for me to buy at obviously the right price. I don't even know what the buyout is. Thanks in advance for your help.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,934
    55k? wow. How many miles does her lease even allow? With all the recent service, you should probably be looking at a trade value of $17,500 now. In 2 months? Eh, probably not all that different ... unless she takes another trip to the moon and back.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

She actually took out a 15,000 mile per year lease and bought the extra miles up front to give her 18,000 miles per year. She does quite a bit of driving.

Thanks so much for your help. I very much appreciate it. You pay for a GALVES subscription or something?

I know it is a car that will go straight to auction due to the mileage & no NAV. I don't really need a 3rd car now, but an E90 with 55,000 miles is still young & I could use it to offset driving my Prelude (2001 bought in April 2002, now with almost 130,000 miles).

I'm talking to her now and she has almost 59,000 miles! She's going to have probably close to 63K when she's all done at the end of December. YIKES!

Maybe I caould pick this car up for under $20K?????

• bestdeal4bestdeal4 Member Posts: 8
    hassel in freeport. I went to the bmw in huntington and they did not even want to talk because I had numbers from hassel.

good luck
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,934
    yeah, after like my 3rd monthly subscription, hey offered me a deal on a year-long one that I took them up on.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• johnny_b54johnny_b54 Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2010
    I think I did very good on this one what do you think. A 2011 328xi which includes Value Package for a new lease on Long Island.

Premium Package
    Navigation
    Sirus Radio 1year
    Anti-Theft
    Heated Steering Wheel
    Metallic Paint
    Automatic
    All Weather Floor Mats

MSRP $44,140
    Sell Price $40640

Put $3000 down monthly payments $461 for 3yr. lease with 10K miles a year. The last 2 Audi's I leased I turned in with less then 25,000 miles on them.
    Thx, man.

seems u got a really good deal. I couldn't find a match so far from the dealers at suffolk. Those dealers even don't believe ur deal exist. Maybe, I should try freeport.

enjoy ur new bimmer
  • johnny_b54johnny_b54 Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2010
    I got it at Habberstad BMW, Huntington. It required a little arm twisting so I would not be surprised if they deny it. My salesman was shocked that the manager made the deal.
    u r absolutely right. they asked for the buyer orders in writing to match it
  • infinitimninfinitimn Member Posts: 146
    Run don't walk from this.
  • skoontzskoontz Member Posts: 21
    Anyone else have any insight on my 328i deal?

My lease calculations were only off by about $14 month; however, some of the other deals I see posted on this forum make me feel like I'm getting a bad one.
  • evans23evans23 Member Posts: 14
    MSRP 41450
    Sell Price 39160
    Invoice 38410
    MF:0.00125
    Residual: 64%
    NYS Tax 8.75
    10000 per year x 3 yr lease
    monthly payment 459.85
    upfront fees taxes etc 2103.38

How does this look?

they said that their advertising cost of $200 and floor mats for $130, so their actual cost is $38,740
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter wants to talk with someone who is deciding between a new Lexus, BMW and/or Mercedes. Please email pr@edmunds.com asap with your daytime contact info, your city and state, and the vehicle models currently under your consideration.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• beej210beej210 Member Posts: 1
    I'm in Dallas, and here's the deal that I got.... can someone tell me if I'm getting a good deal or if I can do better?

328i Sedan
    Jet Black exterior
    Oyster Dakota Leather
    Convenience Pkg
    Premium pkg
    Sport pkg
    Auto trans
    nav system
    satellite radio

MSRP - $45,500 / Invoice - $41,875

My deal:
    $43,000 plus the $1500 cash to customer discount and .9% financing for 36 months

Is this good?

Thanks
  • dsldnadsldna Member Posts: 1
    You overpaid! I just bought a 2011 335d. After discount is $47k, before ttl.
  • gb_malibugb_malibu Member Posts: 1
    Starting with the Costco.com local dealer, I have offers for a few variations of 328i convertibles. The offers are at invoice price, or $130 over invoice if they have to transport it from another dealer.

In Sept, the same dealer thru costco.com was offering me $725 over invoice.

Ques- am I going to do any better than invoice price? the payments are off of BMW FS, including the holiday $1500 rebate.

I'm thinking of leasing it. They do offer an interesting 60 mo purchase loan with an $18,000 balloon payment that is a few $ more than the lease price.
  • stephabstephab Member Posts: 2
    - MSRP 47475 (alpine white, premium, heated front seats, sirius satellite)
    - Price 42311 (includes 1840 all wheel drive credit)
    - Acq fee 725
    - Tax (7.75%) 1424.27
    - Due at signing:Cash down 580.27 + first month payment + fees/license/title/cap reduction tax 377.47 (all from 1500 holiday cash)
    - Zero due from me at signing
    - Monthly payment 552.26

any thoughts on this deal?
  • prius2010prius2010 Member Posts: 12
    - MSRP 39450 (space gray, premium, black interior, dark wood trim, sirius satellite)
    - Price 37500
    - Tax (6.25) on whole price since I live in TX
    - Due at signing:Cash down 4000
    - Monthly payment 440
    3 years 10k buyout 23600.is it good deal

any thoughts on this deal?
  • jcabrera4jcabrera4 Member Posts: 34
    Hello
    I am looking at a used 2010 328i xdrive with:
    auto, Premium, value and convenience packages.

Its a demo car and has about 6800 miles. I get the remainder of maintence program, low finance, etc.

They are asking for $34800. I have not haggled yet

Is this a good deal?
  • Firebird_EOUFirebird_EOU Member Posts: 250
    I never put cash down, better off put it towards MSD (Multiple Security deposit) which lowers your monthly payment and you get the deposit back at year end.

What is the monthly if $0 down?
    Usually if you don't know if it's a good deal or have salesperson hand you a number then it's not a good deal.
  • mdkrpmdkrp Member Posts: 24
    Hi Carman,
    Sorry if this has been recently asked, but what are Nov and Dec MF and residuals for 36 month lease with 10k miles/yr.
    also, what are current incentives?

many thanks for any help
  • pgupta011pgupta011 Member Posts: 8
    Looking to buy a new 328ix with Value Package and Auto transmission. MSRP (including dest charges) is $37,900. I have been quoted a price of $34,325 after all rebates and discounts, plus tax, tags, license etc. Is this a good price? Financing is 0.9%. I am planning to keep the car for many years. Is leasing with the option of buying at the end of the lease a better option?
  • dslee1dslee1 Member Posts: 6
    Just paid following for a 2011 328i Cov. on 11/30/10:

MSRP $48,500.00
    Agreed Value $45,383.29
    1st month + Acquisition = $1,999.00 (total drive-off paid)
    36 months
    10K per year (b/c it's my 2nd car and will hardly be driven)
    Monthly = $565.00 per month

Did I do well?
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    Deoending on the state where you live, you might have to pay sales tax again. Leasing to buy can make sense if the money factor is low and the residual is low. Not sure if the 3 series would make sense. If you plan on keeping it that 34325 price is nice if it's for a new 2011. Probably a 2010. --- I'd buy -- there is 2.9 financing for 60 months.
  • glesgabhoyglesgabhoy Member Posts: 9
    Can anyone advise what they think if tis deal please.
    335i with sport and premier package includes
    Black sapphire with oyster Dakota leather
    Automatic
    Paddle shifters
    Headed front seats
    Nav system and sat radio
    iPod and USB adapter
    Premium package and Sports package
    MSRP $52,150
    Invoice $48,595
    selling price $49,095
    36 month lease 12k miles
    58% residual
    $1386 upfront inclusive first months payment
    $664.95 per month x 35 payments

This is dealers first offer.
    Curious what deals others are seeing.
  • misterepmisterep Member Posts: 52
    $635 is your target for a good deal. They have trunk money - $1500 -

Good luck.
  • pgupta011pgupta011 Member Posts: 8
    Thanks. I had requested a quote for the 2011 model. Hope it is not a bait and switch.
    Have you been offered $635 per month on same spec ?
    Any details you can give on the $635 per month price would be helpful.
    Pull the trigger.....enjoy
  • mvs1mvs1 Member Posts: 462
    edited December 2010
    Here's the deal we agreed to, I pick up the vehicle next week.

335xi sedan
    Manual transmission
    Premium
    M-sport
    Cold weather
    Navigation
    HK radio
    Sat radio
    iPod and USB
    Smart phone integration
    Metallic paint

MSRP is $56,950. Includes destination of $875, a dealer fee of $100 and two package discounts of $600 and $150.

Selling price is $50,650. 36 month lease, 15,000 miles allowed per year.

Residual posted is 56% and a money factor on the paperwork of 1.55 although I'm assuming this is either a converted APR or is just mis typed and is .00155.

Monthly payment included is $665.40 which includes 6% tax

Total due at inception is $2701.90 comprised of license, doc fee, first payment, cap cost, and tax on cap cost. Minus the holiday credit of $1500= $1201.90 out of pocket.

Very happy with the deal and we had three dealers offering roughly the same discounts on 335xi's. Just opted for an awd sedan with manual transmission and otherwise loaded.
  • mdfesermdfeser Member Posts: 1
    Recently purchased a 328i from BMW of Sarasota. The car was represented as being untitled. Became suspicious of the dealership due to the demeanor of the salesman and the sales manager and went to DMV and had them do a check. The vehicle had been titled. Went to the dealership and confronted the salesman and the sales manager and the sales manager presented me with a Car Facts document that he said I signed proving that I knew the car had been titled. I told him I have never seen this document and that is not my signature. I signed immediately in his presence and we verified that it was not my signature. I also told him to look at the date at the bottom of the internet printed document. The date was 10/12/10. I then told him to look at the date on all the contract documents. It was 10/9/10. I then said why would I go into your dealer ship 3 days after the original purchase and sign a Car Facts Document. I then contacted BMW North America and BMW Financial and they gave me the runaround for two weeks and then said I would have to go back to the dealer. Dealer did several things to try to further gain financially including not giving me the Holiday Rebate that I had coming. I am amazed that such a high profile company is willing to risk their reputation by using such shady tactics!!! I will never buy another BMW again!!! Buyer Beware!!!
  • jimbresjimbres Member Posts: 2,025
    I will never buy another BMW again!!!

Wouldn't it be more sensible to say that you'll never do business with this dealer again?

Don't blame the car for the dealer's misconduct.
  • tleetlee Member Posts: 44
    I guess you missed the part that he said BMW and BMW Financial Services gave him the runaround for 2 weeks. Forging a document is a serious crime. If BMW, as a corporation, treats it like it's not a big deal, I don't think I want to buy a BMW.
  • jimbresjimbres Member Posts: 2,025
    I guess you missed the part that he said BMW and BMW Financial Services gave him the runaround for 2 weeks.

I saw that & I agree that this is reprehensible behavior. If it happened to me, I'd hire a lawyer & declare war.

Still, I've been a member of Edmunds for over 12 years - since the fall of 1998 - & this is the 1st story of this sort that I've seen here. (I'm also a BMW owner, BTW.) So I wouldn't walk away from a great brand & miss out on a terrific driving experience based on 1 bad story.

I wish the OP the best of luck & hope that this matter is resolved in his favor.
  • busirisbusiris Member Posts: 3,490
    Recently purchased a 328i from BMW of Sarasota. The car was represented as being untitled. Became suspicious of the dealership due to the demeanor of the salesman and the sales manager and went to DMV and had them do a check. The vehicle had been titled. Went to the dealership and confronted the salesman and the sales manager and the sales manager presented me with a Car Facts document that he said I signed proving that I knew the car had been titled. I told him I have never seen this document and that is not my signature. I signed immediately in his presence and we verified that it was not my signature. I also told him to look at the date at the bottom of the internet printed document. The date was 10/12/10. I then told him to look at the date on all the contract documents. It was 10/9/10. I then said why would I go into your dealer ship 3 days after the original purchase and sign a Car Facts Document. I then contacted BMW North America and BMW Financial and they gave me the runaround for two weeks and then said I would have to go back to the dealer. Dealer did several things to try to further gain financially including not giving me the Holiday Rebate that I had coming. I am amazed that such a high profile company is willing to risk their reputation by using such shady tactics!!! I will never buy another BMW again!!! Buyer Beware!!!

Well, I’m not really sure what you were expecting BMW to do for you. After all, the contract you signed was between you and the dealer, and if you financed it, that finance contract certainly had specific rules, and while I’m sure it contained the specific car make, model and S/N, it may not have included the car’s status. Even if it did, that is between the dealer and BMW finance, as the dealer misrepresented the information on the finance contract to BMW.
    Your problem is with the DEALER, not the manufacturer. And, the other poster was 100% correct in suggesting you get legal representation to resolve the matter.
    BMW, as any manufacturer, is primarily concerned in moving product. If this dealer is doing that successfully, the manufacturer is pretty much satisfied.
    If one thinks this type of behavior is limited to a specific manufacturer, they are in for a rude awakening.
    I’m curious as to why you would specifically have suspected the car had been previously titled. How many miles were on the car? Did they tell you it was a demo?
    In any case, if you want this resolved, visit an attorney and have him/her explain the situation to you, and then determine your course of action. Even if you never consider another BMW, you should be made “whole” legally…
  • busirisbusiris Member Posts: 3,490
    edited December 2010
    UPDATE:

I just examined a BMW sales contract from my local dealer as well as a BMW financial contract.

Both contracts have a box to check for new or used status.

If your contracts show the “new” box checked for a previously titled auto, you can also contact your state representatives/ attorney general’s office and file a report, in addition to obtaining an attorney.

You have several avenues at your disposal to get satisfaction from this dealer, if things occurred as you stated.
  • kevinmac_txkevinmac_tx Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking at a 2011 328i convertible with msrp of $56,810. It is silver with Value, Covenience, Sport, Premium, Steptronic, Paddle shifters, Heated steering wheel, Thru loading, Satellite radio, Heated seats, Harman Kardon, Navigation. Invoice is $52,285 and the dealer says they have $350 Maco, $120 mats, $100 gas/ prep costs, making their costs $52,855.
    Dealers first offer is $53,000 (actually $54,500 minus $1500 current BMW incentive). Drive out with taxes title & license is $56,725.
    What do you think? I'm in Dallas. Thanks.
    The jazz about other costs is just car dealers being car dealers.

Your target is 51,800 - 52,000 before tax and after the incentive.

That is a LOADED 328i and they will have some trouble moving that iron if it is on their lot.
  • wperduewperdue Member Posts: 3
    Even with all of the information available here and elsewhere on the internet, I still have no idea what I should be paying for a used BMW. I appreciate any help you can offer.

I am looking for a 2007 328xi (Indiana weather) with under 40,000 miles. I would like the cold weather and premium packages and am ambivalent about the sports package. I have seen dealers offering various automobiles for $23,900 to over $30,000. This is for the same year and mileage and very little difference in the options. Is there really that much variation in the pricing?

Also, I had a friend of a friend look up some information on Manheim auctions and, while he wouldn't tell me exactly what the prices were, he suggested that if I could get a 2007 with under 40,000 miles and the premium/cold weather package for $21,000, it would be a "good deal". Given the prices I have mentioned, is this realistic?

Thanks again for the advice.
    The 2007 328 xi (both coupe and sedan) carry a wholesale value of 45% of MSRP with that kind of mileage. Keep in mind this is a four year old vehicle and finding a sub-40K mileage 328 will be tough.

BMWs are rarely leased for four years....it is generally a bad idea given the residuals assigned by BMWFS on 4 year leases. Three years is the widely accepted norm. Four year old BMWs are out of warranty and free maintenance....hence the residuals plummet on year four.

Hope this helps....
    Been negotiating with 2 dealers today.
    Any feedback is appreciated ?

one dealer is quoting $634 per month now on a 36month lease at 12k per year. $1430 down which includes 1st months payment.

Vehicle is a demo with 1000 miles on it.
    Car is loaded, sport, premium, convenience, navigation, iPod, satellite radio.
    Car also has a H&K stereo with it. Sapphire black with oyster interior.

Dealer sent me video of car and it has a $599 special on it so doesn't look like they are doing anything above and beyond to move it?

Selling the car for $48,500 before the $1500 incentive.

Dealer #2 who has same car minus convenience package and H&K stereo
    They have asked me to name a price to get a deal done by 12/31. They are aware of the 1st deal above.

Any thoughts from anyone ?

Thanks