Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• asm20854asm20854 Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2012
    I was using invoice based on Edmunds.
    My understanding is that Honda is raising prices and delivery fees, so you may have seen the newer invoice.
  • asm20854asm20854 Member Posts: 4
    aspiremore - e-mail me at asm60062 AT yahoo and I will send you dealer info and the price sheet I received.
  • helsinki1helsinki1 Member Posts: 7
    asm - love to be able to get in on your great deal as well, please look for my email requesting for the same info (dealer info & price sheet). TIA
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    edited April 2012
    A reporter is looking for new-car buyers who feel they've been victimized by unscrupulous salespeople. Email pr@edmunds.com no later than Friday, April 13, 2012 with a few words about your experience.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• mneleventhirtymneleventhirty Member Posts: 2
    I think it all depends where you are from. In twin cities, MN, dealers just can't seem to hold on to LX AWDs, the attitude is like, why are you wasting my time, just sign on the dotted line and be off. Most didn't have LX AWDs in stock. The one that did, just had one with 50 miles on it and that was the one I was given to test drive. I was told $23,600 was the final price on it including dest + TTL extra, if I was interested they could start the paperwork or have a good day. :(
    I passed and was thinking of waiting a few months, since I was not in a hurry. But, I test drove a Crosstour at another dealership and was hooked, bought a base 2WD EX I4. I would have probably gotten a CR-V EX with AWD, for a couple of hundreds more, but I am happy with my choice.
  • billy3554billy3554 Member Posts: 148
    Just curious, if you chose to keep your cash for a rainy day, why put down $2,500 when the financing was 1.99 percent?
  • garybuy1garybuy1 Member Posts: 4
    Rob,

I also live in Cincinnati. How did you go about negotiating this price? Were these options the ones you wanted or were they just available on this particular CR-V?

Thanks,
    Gary
  • rob4691rob4691 Member Posts: 7
    I always feel that when you drive a new vehicle off the lot it drops about 10% in value. Some drop in value a lot more, some drop less. I just decided not to put any more than 10% down based on low interest rates.
    I tried several dealers in Lexington, Louisville, and Cincinnati by using Internet quotes. Jeff Wyler @ Colerain was the only dealer who seemed to be actively engaged in the Internet replies and met my price. The CRV EXL AWD in the color we wanted had no other options installed at the time. I asked to have these thrown in because they were what I wanted.
    Thanks Rob -- I will give them a try! Did you start at your price or a lower one?
    I originally asked just for an "e-price" and they came at with me $26,935 and no options. After I looked on this forum, I gave them a price of $26,000 with the options I wanted. That's when they came back with the $26,539 price. I could have potentially gotten them lower but I thought that was a fair deal for both of us. It may have helped that I bought towards the end of the month (not sure).
  • rumi2rumi2 Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2012
    Has anybody else been able to get $27000 otd in Dallas lately. Tried two dealers around Austin without any luck. Did you ask them for a formal quote or you sat directly on the table to negotiate regardless you got a very good price.
  • newagemomnewagemom Member Posts: 2
    I bought a 2012 CRV EXL AWD with Nav:
    Carbone Honda Utica NY
    List $30605 including Destination
    Paid $28700 + TTR, Cargo Tray, Splash Guards, and Dealer installed Honda Remote Starter(really cool remote)
    Added Honda Care for 6 years/ 100000 miles,zero deductible For $968
    Got 2.75% 5 years through my credit union put $10500 down
    Financed $21542.10 Payments are: $385.12

I am pleased with the experience and used the internet for pricing help, bought the car over the internet too. Thanks to all who contribute info!!
  • indigo1indigo1 Member Posts: 8
    I agree it depends on where you are from. I'm here in Lincoln Nebraska. My 2012 CR-V LX AWD is due to be at the dealership between april 25-28th. I am paying $23,200 which includes the splash guards, no cost for the floor mats as they came standard. This cost also included the destination fee. I tried seeing if any of the many honda dealerships in Omaha could beat that price and none could and Omaha is only 55 miles from Lincoln. The Lincoln dealership does not have any addtional fees such as prep fee's, doc fee's or other fee's like all the Omaha dealerships, here in Lincoln the only fee is the destination charge. I can't wait for it to finally arrive. The LX are low in supply as I was told that Honda decided to send EX's to dealers before the LX because supposedly the EX were in great demand. My thought is that they wanted to make sure they sell more EX models before having the consumer have a choice to pick the lower cost LX model. As soon as the LX's are hitting the lots they are being sold in a matter of 2-3 days. That is why I had to wait upon next delivery to get mine. I would love to have an EX but they were just too high for me and the LX fits my budget very comfortably.
  • jaa37jaa37jaa37jaa37 Member Posts: 30
    Bought a black/black EX-L AWD (no RES, no nav) this week.

$26,361 (including destination fee of $810)
    $1,845 sales tax
    $346.50 DMV fees
    $398 doc fee

Total OTD: $28,950. We felt pretty good about this deal -- the fees were high, but we had an OTD number we wanted and got pretty close, with what I think is a very good base price. This discussion was very helpful...
  • vishayvishay Member Posts: 2
    can you send me the dealer & sale person information
  • helsinki1helsinki1 Member Posts: 7
    That's a nice OTD price. Did you go through internet sales or negotiated on the spot? Which dealership in NJ did you buy from?
  • lws777lws777 Member Posts: 1
    I'd like to know some of the prices you all from Western Washington have paid for a 2012 CRV EXL AWD. and where you bought from and who the sales person is you've dealt with. I'm looking at getting one in the next 1-2 months. :D
  • jaa37jaa37jaa37jaa37 Member Posts: 30
    We had used internet sales at a number of other dealers to arrive at our target price, but we negotiated with this dealer (Open Road in Edison) on the phone/in person because we had already gone there to see the car and met a salesman at the time. We had to do some negotiating at the dealer, but we were fine with that, since we had another dealer willing to meet our price that was farther away.
  • denzimidenzimi Member Posts: 1
    Appreciated if you would let me know this Northeast Illinois dealer's contact information. Thanks.
  • pilotseeker1pilotseeker1 Member Posts: 6
    The dealer is Bill Kay Honda in Bourbonnais,IL
  • euhwangeuhwang Member Posts: 1
    Hey, is your $23,200 out the door price? If not, what was your out the door price?
  • bluewahoobluewahoo Member Posts: 2
    Can you elaborate more on the ordering process? I put a deposit down on a new a 2012 CR-V, but the wait time is like 7 weeks. Thanks in advance.
  • dartaniandartanian Member Posts: 1
    I am also looking in Austin for a 2012 EX-L without RES or NAV and haven't had a ton of luck with getting anywhere near the price reported in this forum. I would be willing to go to Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, etc for a better deal. Anyone have a recommendation on dealers / salespeople? Feel free to email me at sprlah -at- gmail -dot- com. Thanks in advance.
  • wasntme72wasntme72 Member Posts: 1
    Just got a crv with dvd 2wd for 29,000 OTD what you guys think?
  • bluesjulibluesjuli Member Posts: 1
    Funny, this is my first time on this forum and this is the first post that I see. I am from Lincoln, NE and I'm currently in the market for a CRV LX. Would you mind telling me the name of the salesperson you are working with?
  • gethondagethonda Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

The dealer quoted me $28400/- OTD for EX-L AWD, is this better deal or not please let me know.
  • lzntexaslzntexas Member Posts: 2
    Anyone have dealer pricing on a EXL with 2 wd without nav and dvd? Thank you !
  • dent_girldent_girl Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2012
    this is what I was quoted for EX-L black and black and realized it's a little bit too much after reading here

sale price: 25595
    doc fee: 599.75
    state and local taxes: 1833.63
    total license and fees: 21
    total price (OTD) : 28049.38

I am really trying to get it down to 26500, do you think it's realistic? I am in atlanta area.
  • xicanoxicano Member Posts: 8
    Hi All,

I am interested in purchasing a 2012 CRV - EX in the Southern California area - Riverside and surrounding cities, or in the Central Valley (Bakersfield). I am curious as to what the OTD pricing has been in these areas. I would like to pay 21500 or 22000 for this model. Is this a reasonable expectation?
  • fallschurchfallschurch Member Posts: 1
    in DC area, best I've gotten for the same car is $26,800 (includes everything but taxes and tags).
    Paid 26,299 for the EX-L with body side molding. They threw in all weather mats, cargo tray, and splash guards too. OTD was 28,308. started at Wyler but got Joe Morgan and King's to match. King's did the best with the accessories. Other dealers wouldn't come close.
  • 2012crvlxawd2012crvlxawd Member Posts: 11
    I just received a $59 refund check from my dealer. Don't know what this is about.
  • urutoraurutora Member Posts: 1
    Hi all,

I'm going to buy a CRV LX 2WD in Los Angeles area, 25 miles within beverly hills. Does anyone know what OTD price is reasonable, including destination fee, TTL, etc.? Or if excluding the destination fee, TTL, etc., what price is reasonable? Thanks.
  • rsedmndsrsedmnds Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2012
    2012 CRV EX-L AWD

Texas

invoice : $26, 125
    acc and labor: $ 2, 492
    Tax : $ 1, 789
    Doc/Reg etc : $ 350
    ------------------------------------
    Total : $ 30, 756
    ------------------------------------

Extended Warranty [6 years 75k miles]: $1100

30756+1100=31856

Accessories:
    =========
    wheel locks
    door visors
    moon roof visor
    splash guards
    door edge guards
    cargo tray
    body side molding
    all season mats
    Sky-link vehicle locator
    tinted windows
    Paint protection package

Not sure if it's the best deal that i got but, was in a hurry.
  • kws1414kws1414 Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone heard if Honda will be offering any special financing on the 2012 CRV? I know production has been slow but wondering if it has increased recently. I have a 2009 Honda Civic coming off a lease but am holding out to see if Honda offers anything enticing.

Thanks.
    Justine
  • paul_p2paul_p2 Member Posts: 1
    The total invoice price for 2012 CR-V EX model is $23,928 (invoice of $23098 + destination fee of $830,) so your aim for its OTD pricing in Southern California (vehicle price + tax + license + document fee) of $22,000 max is not reasonable. You may have to pay approximately $25,000 OTD to get the EX model in South CA. Alternatively, the LX model is at least $2,000 cheaper.
  • new_leasernew_leaser Member Posts: 4
    A little advice for new person here...

A local dealer is advertising 27 month lease for $169 with $1995 down on 2012 Honda CR-V LX AWD. Is this a good deal or should I stay clear? Low monthly payment is what catches my attention...

Thanks in advance.
  • mnsistermnsister Member Posts: 1
    Looking for the best price for a 2012 AWD EX-L in the Twin Cities.

Best I've gotten is 27,695 with no options. They won't even throw in mats.

Could buy right now.
  • edmundsfan99edmundsfan99 Member Posts: 2
    Just bought a CRV in Utah with RES for 20250 Out the door. I was told by several dealers that Honda juat had an increase on the invoice of the CRVs of 3 to 5%. this was about $1000 to $1500 additional, but only applied to cars with the newer invoice. It was a bit of a pain to find the car I wanted with the older invoice. Not sure if this is a nation wide increase or not, but you may want to check when making any deals.
  • dev111dev111 Member Posts: 1
    Hey I am looking to buy a Honda CRv 2012 Ex-L AWD.... I liked the price you mentioned. So it would b great if u could please mention d name and contact info. of d dealer ......
  • dent_girldent_girl Member Posts: 3
    the best price I've gotten so far is $27950 OTD on black on black, EX-L. Is this a good deal? I don't know if I can find a dealer that will go down more. I am in atlanta area.
  • atroutatrout Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased in Florence KY. I think I could have saved a couple hundred by going across the river into Cincy. But, I like having the dealer close to home.

22050 car
    830 destination fee
    299 doc fee
    90 tags
    1327 sales tax
  • lakerat83lakerat83 Member Posts: 11
    edited April 2012
    I bought a black on black, 2WD, EX L WITH Nav for $26,499 (4 miles on the odomete,r and that price included destination charges, splash guards and the rear cargo tray - had to add tax, title, and the dealers $599 doc fee to the $26,499) - I bought it at Mall of GA Honda (outside Atlanta), but be sure to go through their internet department - Honda has increased prices on the CRV's $220 since then (sticker on my model in Feb. was $29,355, plus options and fees; now sticker is $29,575 plus options and fees) so my price should be a pretty good benchmark to aim for...
  • lion_kinglion_king Member Posts: 8
    Hi mnsister,

Bought one this month here in Twin Cities with same specs as you mentiones and paid 27,625 and no doc fee (usually $75). This was after some lengthy back and forth emailing though.

CRV is a great car and good luck!
  • edmundsfan99edmundsfan99 Member Posts: 2
    Typo on the price, 29250, not 20250. My ipad typing is a little weak.:)
  • moogoo112moogoo112 Member Posts: 1
    So I just got my lx last night black on black lx fwd for 22740 Ltd. Was that a pretty good price? No options except for tank of gas and destination, tax and license plus doc fee. The Edmunds tmv price was much higher and most dealers in so Cal wanted 22300 otd
  • graham766graham766 Member Posts: 12
    edited April 2012
    Ordered my 20th Honda today, a CR-V EX-L (no Navi or RES) Basque Red Pearl for $27,300 OTD in NC. Price included Mud Flaps, Body Side Molding (I’m installing) Pinstripe, Autoguard protection inside and out, 1st Oil change free, spare key, Touch up Paint, and nitrogen in the tires. Also included destination charge, 3% sales tax, $499 doc fee, and $118 efile tag service. Salesman was the best Honda Internet Salesman I’ve ever dealt with - very efficient and customer orientated.
  • bethpabethpa Member Posts: 35
    edited April 2012
    I am seeing the prices on this board coming in around 26,000 with destination included in the better deals posted. I found a dealer in MD, Northwest Honda, advertising EXL awd for $25841 but no destination for an approximate total of $26,700 before doc fees ad sales tax. All my local Pennsylvania dealers (two of which I previously bought Hondas) either walked away and one came in at $27,200. The dealers act like these $26,000 prices are crazy for EXL awd cars. Should I keep shopping or is this a regional thing I'm dealing with? Also, does diamond white go for more than other colors. Thanks for any helpful advice.
  • nicenfitnicenfit Member Posts: 2
    Hi what dealership in NJ did you go to. I am looking for the same Awd crv 2012. I am in ny . Got a quote for 23000 with destination fee.in ny... No doc fee or that addl charge is safety package 299.99 ....I think NJ has a mandatory doc fee of 398.00 and that safety fee of 299.99. With that said I negotiated a price of 22500 with destination fee in nj but I'm afraid the mandatory fees of NJ will bring me to 23197.....that would be 200 more than ny price quoted....which doesn't include the DMV and taxes. My NJ out the door price would be about 25000 that is 1000 more than you got it for...ny would be appx 25300......if you can name the dealership in NJ.....I can get the better deal....much appreciated....thanks