Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda6 Accessories and Modifications

Comments

• rickinnj8rickinnj8 Member Posts: 9
    In the "Problems and Solutions" forum I asked a similar question regarding how to hard-wire a satellite radio receiver to the Mazda6 Bose stereo. So far no responses. Hopefully someone out there can help us. My next stop would be a place that does installations and see if they would be willing to share info.
  • thestick6thestick6 Member Posts: 3
    I would like to replace the standard Bose subwoofer in the spare tire. "Not happy with the sound". Has anyone done this or had it done. Any information you have would be appreciated. I have a 2004 6.
  • wookiemofowookiemofo Member Posts: 20
    I was at the dealership yesterday. They have these 04s with what they call dealer miles...3 or 4 miles on them. They are selling them as used, which disqualifies for any mazda incentives.

is this legal and legit?
  • jtdrummer33jtdrummer33 Member Posts: 2
    Rick- I found a thread on an RX-8 board the other day (cant post a link, but you should be able to Google it). check it out, they've been talking about our problem for quite awhile now and have some good solutions over there.

JT
    I don't know if that is legal. But I just bought an 04 6 and got a $3000.00 rebate. It had 56 miles on it.
  • wmdallenwmdallen Member Posts: 1
  • mz6greyghostmz6greyghost Member Posts: 1,230
    I'm looking to buy new all-weather floor mats before next winter, and I'm shying away from the OEM, mostly due to the price. Can anyone out there recommend a quality set of floormats that will trap the winter muck without any problems. I'd love to get mats contoured only for the 6, but I'm willing to look into any "unviersal-fit" mats that are recommended.

Any input would be greatly appreciated... :)
  • rsmdragonrsmdragon Member Posts: 2
    you can find them for $50 at mazdastuff.com instead of $65 at the dealer. ;)
  • rsmdragonrsmdragon Member Posts: 2
    does anyone know where I can find instructions on how to replace my head light bulbs on my 05 Mazda 6s? I just purchased new 7500K bulbs for dims, brights and fog lights. the owners manual recommends I have it done by Mazda. but there has to be directions out there somewhere. Please help. :confuse:
  • grim77grim77 Member Posts: 3
    hi i am a british m6 owner just to say try your search engine for superchips as they have done mine.
    i have the optional extra dvdcd rom sat nav..any one know if it is possible to play normal dvds through it and if not can i get a modified brain for it so i can?
  • dribnifdribnif Member Posts: 1
    I don't really have any idea what kind of replacement you could use, but I did want to relay a story. For some reason, recently, my subwoofer isn't cranking out the thumbs it did when the car was new. I took it to the dealer and the guy told me, "You have the bass set to -1. That's the problem." When the car was new, sometimes I found I had to turn the bass to -4 just so I wouldn't blast out the guy in the car next to me. Do you feel your subwoofer's not up to snuff?
    Thanks for the story, but that is not the problem. I have not had good low frequency response from my stereo since I purchased my car. I found a website that shows a mod that allows the installation of an aftermarket sub using the existing wiring. I started the mod but have not yet finished. I will repost and try to add some pictures when I finish.
  • mazda6smazda6s Member Posts: 1,901
    Thump, thump, thump.
  • rallyguy2rallyguy2 Member Posts: 1
    I'm also looking for a shop manual for my 2004 Mazda 6. Would appreciate some direction on where to get it. Thanks.
  • petermkpetermk Member Posts: 16
    Does anyone know if the convenience package is something that a dealer can install or cars come with this package preinstalled? I visited a Mazda dealer earlier today and a salesperson, who also admitted that it was his first day at work, told me that it would take 2-3 days to install the convenience package. But I am not sure if he knew what he was talking about. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    He didn't know what he was talking about. You would be smart to get another sales person that won't try to BS you.
    So, you're saying that a dealer can't install that?
    petermk -
    Think about it. It's possible (maybe), but it would be expensive. The Convenience Package consists of 17 inch wheels and tires, 8-way power driver's seat, and antitheft perimeter alarm. The wheels and tires are going to cost at least a thousand bucks. Maybe they can install the genuine Mazda factory alarm system, but that could be pricey too. But what are they going to do about the power driver's seat, order in the seat and change it out? What do you suppose that would cost? Did he quote you a price for all of this?
    I called Mazda and they told me that the convenience package could be installed only at the factory. So, the salesman simply lied....
    There you have it.
  • x5918x5918 Member Posts: 30
    image trimmed blindspot mirror, with Scotch tape applied diagonally to remove glare from sky
  • chilifirechilifire Member Posts: 1
    I found a Factory Workshop Manual Mazda6 at Rosenthal Mazda on the web. It says $100, but it looks like it totally blows away a Chilton's.

http://www.finishlineperformance.com/cgi-bin/shopper?preadd=action&key=9999-95-063B-03
  • r_gizzle21r_gizzle21 Member Posts: 2
    can you send my the site wre i can find this chip also plz tell me on how this affects your car. also the specs.
  • mazda6britmazda6brit Member Posts: 1
    Hi there, just saw your posting on a US Mazda 6 group forum.

How much did it cost to have your M 6 chipped and how long did it take them to put it in or did you di it yourself ?

Thanks mate !
    go to www.superchips.com or even go to demontweeks web site
  • captain_sexcaptain_sex Member Posts: 4
    Hey all, I just got a 6s, and i was trying to get some information on the phatnoise mp3 system that mazda has for it. The dealer told me that the system is available, but they coundn't find a part number or price. The phatnoise webpage states that the mazda system is comming soon. Anyone know which is the real case? If it is available, whats the price, and does anyone know were i can get a copy of the instructions for it.
    thanks
  • sebring4sebring4 Member Posts: 4
    I am trying to find rear mud flaps for my 04 wagon. Cannot find them anywhere.
    Does the 05 one piece key/alarm work for the 04's?
  • noodlesznoodlesz Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

I have a 5-door but it didn't come w/ a cargo net...I see some online for the 5-door, but it's a weird flat one that's stretched out and smushes everything towards the floor of the trunk area.

Is there a regular upright one that I can put in the hatchback for groceries or stuff that need to be upright? I looked for hooks to attached a upright cargo net to, but I couldn't find any top hooks...anyone know?

I like to store antifreeze in my car too, so I definately can't have that turned on the side, it might leak.

Also, anyone get a autodimming mirror w/ compass installed? Just wondering how much that costs for the labor...I heard it's somewhat a pain.
  • zzzoom6zzzoom6 Member Posts: 425
    rather than the cargo net, you may want to consider the cargo organizer. i saw it at the auto show last year and i think i'm going to get it for my car (just got an 05 hatch manual). just so you know, it does require the cargo tray. anyway the organizer folds up when not in use, and looks to be the right size for those plastic grocery bags. someone from another forum told me that the organizer is also easily removable so if you need to move it to make room for something big, you can.

to me the cargo net seems to be badly designed for the hatch. i like how it works on the wagon, but having the net lay flat as it would in the hatch seems like it may squish soft items like bread or chips if i put them under the net.
  • lefthandmanlefthandman Member Posts: 47
    I have a 5-door but it didn't come w/ a cargo net...I see some online for the 5-door, but it's a weird flat one that's stretched out and smushes everything towards the floor of the trunk area.

Is there a regular upright one that I can put in the hatchback for groceries or stuff that need to be upright? I looked for hooks to attached a upright cargo net to, but I couldn't find any top hooks...anyone know?

I opted for both the cargo tray & net a year ago when I bought an '04 M6 S 5-door. The net can be used flat with all four corners tethered separately. Or, fold the net in half and attach the net corners in pairs to the cargo hooks on one side of the cargo area. In this way you can confine grocery bags and other bulky items to the side of the trunk (inside of the fender), rather than simply to the floor.
  • aduck31aduck31 Member Posts: 1
    Hey, I just bought a 2005 Mazda 6i and I'm looking for a place to get some different things for my car. I'm looking for some Altezza lights, Air Intake, and the superchip. If anyone could let me know where I can find any of these parts I would greatly appreciate it. :)
  • mjvchicagomjvchicago Member Posts: 149
    hey all. Just put some awesome new Avon Tech M550 all seasons on my Mazda6s and they've been great. However I have noticed just a little more "looseness" in the steering feel. Could this be the tire pressure? I'm at 32-33 PSI right now and was wondering if I should change that. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
  • mz6greyghostmz6greyghost Member Posts: 1,230
    From what I've read about the Avons, I doubt the tire pressure would help the steering in this case. The OEM 17" Michelins (which I assume you had on your 6 previously) has a much harder tread compound, meaning longer mileage life, as well as not-so-good wet weather and snow traction (something these Michelins are infamous for. In other words, they're touring tires.

The Avons are more of a high-performance tire, with a softer compound. This usually results in better traction, but lower mileage life. I've also heard that they tend to slightly "give" when you initially go into a corner, but they catch quickly, and offer excellent traction through tight turns.

Knowing this, I'm not too sure that tire pressure would improve (or worsen) your handling. I'd try taking a few backroads with different tire pressures, and see which one better suits your tastes, both in ride quality, and handling.
  • mjvchicagomjvchicago Member Posts: 149
    Ah... makes sense. You've described exactly what I'm feeling - takes a second to "stick" but when they do it's solid and squeel-less, something the Michelins had a surplus of. I might increase the pressure a touch... what I'm experiencing is an ever so slight understeer so maybe that will ehlp a litte. thanks much for the input ghost.
    I've owned my 6 for about 3 months now, and I am really liking it. The handling is great, I love the engine (I have the v-6), and the styling is distinctive in a good way. But I did find the shifting (compared to my old accord and friends subaru wrx) a little long between first and second, and that the "feel" was not as "positive" as I'd like. I began reading a lot on the mazda6club site concerning reviews of modifications to the shifter (amongst many other things) and decided to change mine out. Since the warranty symbol for this shifter is "green" according to Mazda, I wasn't too worried about voiding my warranty.

Anyway, I am not mechanically inclined at all! I don't even know how to change the oil on my lawnmower! But there was an article on the mazda6club that had pictures of how to do it and it looked pretty simple. so 2 hours later I now have a shifter that i like much better. the throw is about 30% less, there is a much more positive feel to it, and I really like it. It can be bought from several mazda dealerships online for around $170.

If you're interested in doing it yourself or want to know if your mechanic is charging too much, here's the link:

link title
    after having my groceries fly all over the back of my car, i decided to get the cargo mat and organizer (mazda parts). I couldn't be happier. the organizer has compartments that you can customize so that my pop doesn't roll over my bread. it's been really handy.
    Since the cloth seats in the 6 prior to the new 2006 material has been less than stellar, I've been looking to get some covers that still let the side airbags (located on the side of the front seats) deploy and look good. Most seat covers are not made for a specific vehicle so they tend to not fit very well. Since I like to drive this car fairly aggressively (how can I not, this thing handles so well!) having loose seats does not appeal to me at all. So on the mazda6club, we've begun discussing some ways to get good covers to protect our investment. here's the link:

link title

I'd be interested to hear what options all of you have considered or tried!
    well, finally thought i needed to do something about this seat material before it bothered me too much. got in touch with wet okole to see if there would be any discounts for volume pricing and fortunately they agreed! i don't work for them, i am not getting paid by them, but i think they make a good product. so if you want a deal on these check out this link:

link title

• vice_magnetvice_magnet Member Posts: 2
    I found a result on Google for mzparts.autowebaccessories.com that was in the neighborhood of $700! You can buy a lot of iPods for that.
  • atsang1atsang1 Member Posts: 15
    zzzoom6, looks very good, is it difficult to install and how does it feel in person?
    sorry for the delay, but I haven't been on these boards for quite some time. so if you're still interested, I like them a lot. cleaning them is super easy...just a wet rag and wipe since they are waterproof. installing was pretty easy; i put up a how-to on the mazda6club website with some pics. for the fronts and rears, took about 4 hours, though I didn't have the directions that I put on the website. knowing what I know now, I'd say maybe two hours for both.

as far as feel, they've been great. extra cushioning, but not the rough texture of the stock fabric, so much better w/ shorts on! also, still holds me in place when I corner hard.

all in all, I'm quite happy with them!
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Join us for our weekly Mazda Club chat and meet & greet some of your fellow forums fanatics! ;)

The Mazda Club Chat is on tonight. The chat room opens at 8:45PM ET Hope to see YOU there! Check out the schedule
  • kala8eekala8ee Member Posts: 8
    I just bought a 07 Mazda 5 door, and I was told by the dealer that the accessory socket can be used to play a mp3 player on the audio system in the car. Is that true, if so, what type of cables/acessory would I need?
    Thanks.
    Nevermind it's just a 12V socket.
    I don't know what the salesman meant when he said mp3 ready?
  • jeffyscottjeffyscott Member Posts: 3,855
    I don't know what the salesman meant when he said mp3 ready?

Maybe the CD player can play MP3s???
    No, my cd player is not mp3 format compatible.

He was pointing to the accessory socket when he said it was mp3 ready.
    assuming the 2005 is the same as yours, there is a product that can be installed to give you a headphone jack input for your mp3 player and another product that has a usb connection for ipods. I'm not positive what the names of these products are, but if you go to www.mazda6club.com you'll find your answer.
  • iviaxiviax Member Posts: 2
    I've looked all over the web, and asked on several forums, but no one thinks they exist. I am looking for auto-dimming side view mirrors for my Mazda Speed 6. I tried contacting several garages that sell JDM parts, and they don't have auto-dimming mirrors, someone recommended a blue piece of concave glass that goes in instead of the mirror, I tried looking for that, and I still can't find it.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    -Max
  • janellekay1janellekay1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi- I have a 2007 Mazda6 i Touring. I got a great deal on the car, but unfortunately it had the rear wing spoiler as a factory installed option.

Does anyone have any recommendations of rear mount bike racks that will go under the rear wing spoiler?

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.