Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Lease : why my Total CAP cost is greater than Negotiated sale price ?

kp777kp777 Member Posts: 8
edited March 2015 in BMW
Hello
My dealer has added Rolled Drive off cost ( 1079) to the negotiated sale price . This has increased my monthly payment . My calculations were based on negotiated price of 38500. Looks like thats not the case anymore.

Does anyone know what this Rolled Drive off cost is ?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,331
    When your drive off amount isn't enough to cover your drive off costs, then the excess amount is added to the CAP cost.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kp777kp777 Member Posts: 8
    can you please elaborate in simple terms? What does it mean ' not enough to cover drive off costs' ..what factors make this cost ?
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,336
    kp777 said:

can you please elaborate in simple terms? What does it mean ' not enough to cover drive off costs' ..what factors make this cost ?

Drive off costs can include the first months payment, acquisition (or bank) fee, dealer fee, state imposed license or tag costs

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,331
    kp777 said:

In your other posts, you listed over $2000 in drive-off charges, yet only had $1100 as the drive-off amount. If you aren't paying those costs upfront, then they have to be added to the CAP cost, so that you pay them within the monthly payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator