Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Prepaid Maintenance Plans

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited March 2015 in General
imagePrepaid Maintenance Plans

The only certain things in life are death, taxes and scheduled car maintenance. Some people like to pay up front for the inevitable.

Read the full story here

Comments

• mavikukemavikuke Posts: 1
    Waste of money. If you sell or trade your car you will lose unused coupons. ACURA refused to refund me money for unused but valid coupons.
  • Joe123456Joe123456 Posts: 1
    Waste of Money. I was chatted by Subaru Finance when I bought my car 3 years ago. They told me the maintenance plan is 6 years and did not tell me anything about expiration. Last time I mainted my car I was told that my maint. plan has expired and it is 3 years. 3 Years only 6 times of services. Each one is over $300. 3k miles maint should be the expansive one, but it should not be over $300. other services are just oil change, it should less than $100 as I paid my 1st service just about $60. Subaru ROBed me over $1000. Such... Come On Subaru..!!!

Never Never Never buy this!!
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 124,389
    Joe123456 said:

Waste of Money. I was chatted by Subaru Finance when I bought my car 3 years ago. They told me the maintenance plan is 6 years and did not tell me anything about expiration. Last time I mainted my car I was told that my maint. plan has expired and it is 3 years. 3 Years only 6 times of services. Each one is over $300. 3k miles maint should be the expansive one, but it should not be over $300. other services are just oil change, it should less than $100 as I paid my 1st service just about $60. Subaru ROBed me over $1000. Such... Come On Subaru..!!!

Never Never Never buy this!!

I dunno. My daughter added this when she bought her MINI Countryman 5+ years ago. It's nice knowing that the only money I've spent on maintenance or service at the dealer was to replace the key fob batteries ($15) and the $250 (!) to install and program a new auto battery a few months back. Yeah, it was probably overpriced, but since my daughter was making the payments, it really wasn't my money at risk.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• I can't comment on other cars but DO NOT BUY BMW Maintenance Plan!! I bought it when I bought my CPO 2 years go. It was supposed to cover up to 75k miles for the my spark plugs. Few months ago I noticed the car vibrates alot when cold start so I took it to the dealer and asked to replace the spark plugs. They told me it was not spark plug, but instead it was the battery, so I paid to replace the battery. Last weekend the maintenance is due so I took the car to the dealer for oil change and spark plug replaced. I was told the spark plugs are due to be replaced, BUT the maintenance plan i purchased expired 2 months ago, so I would have to pay for it.
    First of all no one told me the plan will expire when they were selling me this additional items. Second, why would something I PAID FOR actually expired, not to mentioned I DID ask to have them replaced long before it was expired?? I called BMW North America and they also told me that's how it work. The best they can do is document my comment. What a joke. I asked the guy can he explained what exactly did I paid for and he he couldn't give me a straight answer.

If you paid for your lunch at 11, but get there after 1 pm and was told your order expired because lunch time is over you will have to buy it again, WTF will you fell?