Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!





Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you currently drive a 2019 Ford Ranger and live in Michigan?
A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2015 Kia Optima EX Leasing

carol_lyscarol_lys Posts: 2
edited March 2015 in Kia
Hi ! I wonder if I did a good negotiation for a 2015 Kia Optima Ex (No Premium Package)?

Money Factor .00050
54% Residual
Lease Cash $2.500
No money down
Monthly Payment $260.00 with tax included

I try to get down to $250 w/ tax included a month no down payment and they won't do it.
I just sign the agreement. They had to swap the car, because they don't have the color with the simple options I want it. And I am turning in my 2012 Kia optima Ex the same options as the 2015 low miles in excelent condition but they don't want to give me any credit for that.
Do you think they can come up with any hiding charges on my contract? I did not sign it yet. I have a feeling that I am not doing a good negotiation.

Thank you!

Answers

  • I am in Massachusetts.
    (MSRP)$25.325.00
    Invoice $23,962.00
    Residual $13,675.00
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 110,538
    carol_lys said:

    Hi ! I wonder if I did a good negotiation for a 2015 Kia Optima Ex (No Premium Package)?

    Money Factor .00050
    54% Residual
    Lease Cash $2.500
    No money down
    Monthly Payment $260.00 with tax included

    I try to get down to $250 w/ tax included a month no down payment and they won't do it.
    I just sign the agreement. They had to swap the car, because they don't have the color with the simple options I want it. And I am turning in my 2012 Kia optima Ex the same options as the 2015 low miles in excelent condition but they don't want to give me any credit for that.
    Do you think they can come up with any hiding charges on my contract? I did not sign it yet. I have a feeling that I am not doing a good negotiation.

    Thank you!

    carol_lys said:

    I am in Massachusetts.
    (MSRP)$25.325.00
    Invoice $23,962.00
    Residual $13,675.00

    The lease numbers for the Optima EX in MA are indeed .00050 MF and 54% residual. Using the MSRP and invoice prices you've provided, and assuming 6.25% sales tax, I get a payment of $323.59.

    Can you have the dealer tell you what the net capitalized cost is? I suspect it is lower than the invoice price by about $2000-2500.

    The trade of your existing car may also account for the lower payment. Find out what the payoff amount is from the bank you are paying to. Then, head over to the "real world trade in values" discussion for an honest appraisal of the car - if there is positive equity (meaning, you owe less than the car is worth), the dealer may be applying that amount to your new deal to lower your payment.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • kl26kl26 Posts: 2
    Hello, does anyone know the current Money Factor and residual for a 2015 Kia Optima ex with premium package. 36 month term 12k miles for New York City? Any info is greatly appreciated. Thank you
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 120,047
    kl26 said:

    Hello, does anyone know the current Money Factor and residual for a 2015 Kia Optima ex with premium package. 36 month term 12k miles for New York City? Any info is greatly appreciated. Thank you

    .00022 MF and 52% residual. $3000 lease cash.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • paigejrpaigejr Posts: 1
    kyfdx said:

    kl26 said:

    Hello, does anyone know the current Money Factor and residual for a 2015 Kia Optima ex with premium package. 36 month term 12k miles for New York City? Any info is greatly appreciated. Thank you

    .00022 MF and 52% residual. $3000 lease cash.
    Awesome Info! Is there a big difference in the MF and Residual if you add the Tech Package. Same Term, Location, and Miles.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 120,047
    paigejr said:

    kyfdx said:

    kl26 said:

    Hello, does anyone know the current Money Factor and residual for a 2015 Kia Optima ex with premium package. 36 month term 12k miles for New York City? Any info is greatly appreciated. Thank you

    .00022 MF and 52% residual. $3000 lease cash.
    Awesome Info! Is there a big difference in the MF and Residual if you add the Tech Package. Same Term, Location, and Miles.
    No difference for Tech

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • kl26kl26 Posts: 2
    kyfdx said:

    paigejr said:

    kyfdx said:

    kl26 said:

    Hello, does anyone know the current Money Factor and residual for a 2015 Kia Optima ex with premium package. 36 month term 12k miles for New York City? Any info is greatly appreciated. Thank you

    .00022 MF and 52% residual. $3000 lease cash.
    Awesome Info! Is there a big difference in the MF and Residual if you add the Tech Package. Same Term, Location, and Miles.
    No difference for Tech
    Thanks for the information!
Sign In or Register to comment.