Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

98 Ford Taurus no start

pfintpfint Member Posts: 1
edited April 2015 in Ford
I have a 98 Ford Taurus U vin3.0 I have spark at the plug and fuel at the rail the car is a no start and I can't figure out why. It sounds like the battery is low when cranking over but the battery was checked and fully charged with no help. It still has a slow crank and every once in a while acts like it wants to start I've checked all fluids and even had it on a computer tester at one point I dnt know what else to check or do and now the car is stranded in a Kroger parking lot and if I dnt figure it out quick they will tow it im broke at the moment any ideas???

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Did you try a jump start? If that doesn't work, and you have fuel and you have spark, then it must be that your injectors are not firing? You can test this with a simple NOID light from Autozone. If it starts with a jump start then something's up with battery or starter motor, or battery cables or grounds.
  • gator81gator81 Member Posts: 2
    I cant figure out how to start my own post lol but I've got a 98 also that has sat for 3 years. I've checked most of the usuals changed filter. I know its a fuel problem cause starts with ether. The switch in trunk I try to reset it but doesn't push down. Not sure please help!