Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

GTI Driver's Option

xathrasxathras ChicagoPosts: 4
edited May 2015 in Volkswagen
sorry if this has been done before. I searched and nothing seemed to answer what I needed.

I have a 2015 VW GTI and love the car. I got in January and was under a lease purchase, 36 monthly payments and then option at end to purchase. I noticed on a recent credit report that instead of just the 36x monthly payment like my VW Jetta lease that it has the full price of the car on it. When I logged into VW credit I notice the account type shows as Drivers Option vs Lease this time.

Is it one in the same .e.g. Monthly Payments and decide to purchase at the residual. If i decide not to purchase there is no commitment and can walk away (no cost), get a new VW (negotiate new lease) or pay the amount.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,490
    edited May 2015
    This isn't a lease, this is a purchase contract with a balloon payment and some flexible options. Here's a forum that explains how it works:

VW's Driver Option Explained

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 110,217
    What state is this? You may have been given this option to help save on the sales tax obligation ....

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4