Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 BMW 320i xDrive. First Time Leasing. I need your help Please!!

utkingutking Member Posts: 3
edited May 2015 in BMW
Hi guys,

I'm a new college grad, and planning to lease 2015 BMW 320i xDrive in Michigan.

Here are the details that the dealer offered:

MSRP: $36,400
Discount: $3,000
Net Capitalized Cost: $34,109
Mileage: 10,000 miles/year
Lease term: 36 months
Residual: 65%
MF: 0.00169

The dealer offered $438.80/month with $709.84 due at signing and zero down payment.

Does this sound like a good deal?
I have read other threads in this forum, and noticed that the most common MF is 0.0013. Should I ask the dealer to bring the MF down to 0.0013 as well?

Thank you so much, any help would be appreciated!!

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,042
    utking said:

Hi guys,

The dealer offered $438.80/month with $709.84 due at signing and zero down payment.

I have read other threads in this forum, and noticed that the most common MF is 0.0013. Should I ask the dealer to bring the MF down to 0.0013 as well?

The MF is marked up the max - should be .00129 this month.

I get $365/mo pre-tax using the base MF with the other numbers you've provided. What is the tax rate?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• utkingutking Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the response!! I believe the tax rate in MI is 6%.
  • utkingutking Member Posts: 3
    Michaell said:

utking said:

Hi guys,

I get $365/mo pre-tax using the base MF with the other numbers you've provided. What is the tax rate?
    "The quoted money factor is at the highest credit tier. I would need to see credit level to make adjustments at all, but the one you suggested is not something I can even get close to.

Can you stop into the dealership this week to go over everything in better detail?"

This is what I got from the dealer in response to my request to lower the MF to 0.0013 from 0.00169 that he suggested. What should I say to him?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    utking said:

Michaell said:

utking said:

Hi guys,

"The quoted money factor is at the highest credit tier. I would need to see credit level to make adjustments at all, but the one you suggested is not something I can even get close to.

Can you stop into the dealership this week to go over everything in better detail?"

This is what I got from the dealer in response to my request to lower the MF to 0.0013 from 0.00169 that he suggested. What should I say to him?
    His quote is for top tier credit, with them maxing out the money factor for extra profit.

My response:

"I'm going to shop other BMW dealers for one that will give me the base money factor with no markups. Thanks for your time."

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator