Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• chac94chac94 Member Posts: 1
    I got an offer of $28,986 in Houston (Champion Acura) for 2009 TSX auto w/ tech (this is the price w/ destination already included). Almost took it but ended up with Audi A4. The 2010's are coming out, they are going to try to get rid of the 2009's which are virtually identical.
  • yamjamyamjam Member Posts: 21
    Protection Package 2 is wheel lock nuts + color-matched splash guards+ trunk tray
  • 23109vc23109vc Member Posts: 218
    local dealer has a 2009 TSX base 6MT, it has the 18" wheels and the sport bumper.
    it has 497 miles on it and they are apparently selling it as "new".... they are asking $31k which is a JOKE. as I can get a NEW base for $26000.

what would be a realistic sale price on this car?
  • 23109vc23109vc Member Posts: 218
    considering a TSX base - looking for a car I can keep/drive for a good 5-7 years. power/handling is not a major concern as I have a two seat roadster in the garage for weekend fun. I want something safe, reliable, that has a decent sized back seat. i have 3 small kids - 7, 3, 18 months. the 7 year old is about out of his booster...but the two little ones are in a car seat/booster for a while. I had a 009 tSX as a loaner when my other Acura was in for service...we ahve a large SUV - the new MDX, as a family car - main hosuehold vehilce...but I (dad) need a DD to commute to work, and we want somethign that we can also use as a secondary / backu pfamily car. when we had the TSX as a loaner, we had it over the weekend, and we drove it all ove r- all kids fit in back in car seats and while it wasn't hte most powerful, it worked. gas mileage was good.

how do you all see these as long term cars for lasting 100k miles?

I could pickup a used TL with 15-20k miles on it CPO - which woudl be about the same size as a TSX. i like the look of the TSX, I like hte power of the V6.

i want to spend 25-26k, and I know I can ge ta brand new base for about 26k easy at the dealer. they want to dump the leftover 09s.

if I keep it long term, i'm thinking the 4 cyl lasts longer than the 6 or is that not true? an 09 TSX might be a bertter long term car vs a used TL as the TLs that are in that price range are all 25-30k miles on them . i'll put 10-12k/year on the car, so a used car that already has 30k on it, is almost 3 years of usage for me... i would buy a TSX outright, no lease, just buy it, and do a 5-6 year loan. probably put about 5k down,a nd finance the other 20k. i'd have it paid off and only have about 50-60k miles on the whole car. it would then serve me well as a cheap/paid for DD for the next 5 years. :)

then when it's paid off, the money I"m saving will go to upgrade my existing roadster to a newer one. :) i gotta have something fast/fun in the garage for the twisties....
  • lucianoleelucianolee Member Posts: 7
    Atl14, what is the name of the GA dealer? I live in Memphis TN and the only Acura dealer we got here told me last week. I could get a new 2009 TSX with Tech package for between 29K~30K ...
    I will appreciate if you can tell me the name of the dealer and the contact person...
    thank you in advance for your help =)

PS: I have a question for you... when 2010 is out... do you think we can buy 2010 for 29500? is that possible? or Do you think the dealer will hold the value until they get rid off the 2009 model ?
    First year model car gave me so much problems before and I really like to avoid 1st year model regardless I want to have my TSX right now =P
  • nexxusnexxus Member Posts: 13
    Thought i just update you guys. I pulled the trigger on a 2009 TSX w/ Tech 5AT about 2 weeks ago. Paid 29.5k, not bad, i know i could have gotten maybe a couple hundred more, but no worries. We paid 31k OTD but the sales tax is a complete write off, so yay! yea and to lucianolee, dont worry about first year cars from like acura/honda or toyota/lexus. My cousin has a 1st year 1st gen TSX and it works perfectly no problems and we have a first year toyota with no problems what so ever. And for 2010, expect to pay MSRP if not more for at least couple of months.
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    And for 2010, expect to pay MSRP if not more for at least couple of months.

Gotta disagree on this one. There is nothing special about the 10 (except the V6) that will all of the sudden allow the dealers to start getting sticker or higher. The V6 is so overpriced I don't know why someone wouldn't just buy a TL or G37.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    "There is nothing special about the 10 (except the V6) that will all of the sudden allow the dealers to start getting sticker or higher."

The 2010 will have one less years of depreciation (than the 2009).
    I got mine 2 weeks ago and I paid $29,075 including destination & documentation fee. With license+registration+tax, the OTD price was $31,903 so you did very well. One question, how do you figure the sales tax is a compelte write off? Is that part of Oboma's stimulus plan?
    I looked at the 2010 TSX yesterday and the only thing difference from what I can see and from what the salesman told me is: 1) the navigation screen is redesigned to reduce glare, and 2) the MSRP price is $400 higher.
    What the heck does that have to do with pricing to sticker?
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • robertw477robertw477 Member Posts: 188
    I wish any dealer good luck in this economy trying to sell at full sticker on any vehicle. Business stinks and many people cant clear credit either. Personally I look for the best deal without much loyalty to one exact car or another. Dont love anything that cant love you back.

Rob
  • john1789john1789 Member Posts: 5
    Hey guys, first time poster here.

Here are the numbers I'm getting for a 2009 TSX Base 6AT

12k miles/year
    $2k Down (including drive off, 1st month, reg, tax)
    $287/month (including tax and all other fees)
    36 Months Lease

Not sure of the OTD price because I was still shopping around and kind of new to all the details. But those are the numbers I'm looking at.

Anyone got any advice or recommendations? What do you guys think about the price?

Any input is greatly appreciated!

ps. This is not through a dealer if anyone is wondering. lol.
  • toytolextoytolex Member Posts: 4
    Where did you find this deal? Or is that what you want to pay? I am also looking at leasing a car, haven't decided on TSX with tech or IS250 AWD. Since I am going to be in snow, need either FWD or AWD.

I briefly asked a dealer to give me some numbers and they were ridiculous. Residual was 48% of MSRP, and MF was 4.9%. Monthly payment was in the upwards of 499... I am sure I can get a much better rate, especially right now Acura has a lease promo going on.

The only thing with not purchasing this year is that you loose the potential tax credit.
    You didn't give us a price, so hard to tell you what we think of it.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    Sorry but you got some bad numbers. The rates for a 36/12 on a TSX Tech is:
    Residual 58%
    MF .00198 (4.752)
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    Rolling in the 2k into the lease you would pay $342 zero down. Beats the best price around st. louis by $50. Pretty good deal.
  • jk894jk894 Member Posts: 5
    I just bought an 09 TSX and thought I would share some of the price quotes I received. For the base model, it was easy to get $27,500 (plus @ $200 in fees) for either an auto or manual. The best price I got (this was yesterday) was $26,580.51 for a manual and $26, 880.81 for the automatic.

I ended up buying a Certified used. It is Basque Red w/parchment in showroom condition with 4,500 miles. I paid $26,500 plus about $180 in fees (doc and title). Considering the additional warranty that comes with the certified, I think it is better than new.
    This is the deal I received via a leasing agency.

At the moment however, I'm receiving word that the '09 TSX base is supposedly sold out or extremely hard to catch. Don't really know what to believe from one agency to another, but it's not the best news I was looking for.

Also, as far as I can remember, the OTD price for me was about 24k and some change. I will update you guys once I return today from the agency and hopefully close this deal.
    Checking one dealer's web site here in Phoenix shows 18 09 TSX Base models in stock. I wouldn't call that sold out or hard to catch.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,217
    I think Acura moved all of the incentives to the Tech model, and dropped them for the base model..

So, it's more likely that your third party agency can't get as good a deals on the base model, any more..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• jk894jk894 Member Posts: 5
    The availability of the 09 model is definitely based on location. In Cincinnati, there are 2 dealers and as of last week they had 5 available (2 base, 3 tech).

Don't rely on the website to provide an accurate inventory. Some dealers don't update their web inventory on a regular basis.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,217
    I don't think Cincinnati has ever had more than ten TSXs on-hand... ever.. :surprise:

I've never seen more than three at either dealership...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• traveller809traveller809 Member Posts: 9
    Hi - I'm close to finalizing an OTD buy price on an 09 Acura/tech for $31,000. Includes destination, Tax, License and all fees in the NJ area. White/Parchment. I have my own financing at 4.6%....anyone think I will get better at the dealer? Thoughts???
  • adamh1adamh1 Member Posts: 15
    OTD price doesnt mean much... what is the sales price?
    By the way...it is an automatic.

$2004 tax
    $6 tires
    $348 doc fees
    $254 license
    28,388 base price
    --------------------------------
    $31,000

Current negotiated price sits at $31,700 hoping at minimum to split the diff ($31,300)
    By the way #2 ... destination was included in the base price.
  • dagreattaureandagreattaurean Member Posts: 1
    Hey adamh1

Which dealer in NJ area did you go to? I am looking to strike a deal in next couple of days. And base price that I am getting is 29800 including destination. Yours seems to be much less. Can you let me know?

Thanks in advance.
  • casdmgcasdmg Member Posts: 11
    Anybody recently made purchases on 2009 TSX Tech in the DC Metro area? Any recommendations on price? Based on a bit of internet research for the area I was thinking about a sales price of 29k before destination/tax/etc.

Other than destination charges (810) does the dealer charge anything else?

thanks in advance
    Hi - Well, I guess I overestimated my negotiating skills. They have said final offer base is $29,056, but I think there are a couple hundred more to be found. The dealer is Bridgewater Acura on Highway 22. Don't forget to reply back and let me know how you make it....don't buy the last white one!!

This is what they told me:
    2009 Automatic with Tech package
    Base = $29056 (includes destination)
    Tax = $2034
    License = $261
    Doc Fee = $348
    NJ Tire $1.50 each tire = $6

Total OTD = $31,705
  • oficerfriendlyoficerfriendly Member Posts: 2
    Also been in the market for an '09Tech. Found a couple Md. dealers willing to go 29075...destination included. Radley Acura willing to undercut that price...28300...destination included. Plan to relay this offer to the Md dealers to see if they'll match. Think I'll be in the vehicle by Mon/Tues.
  • casdmgcasdmg Member Posts: 11
    Can you PM me the salesperson you were dealing with?
    I wouldn't trust what a website says. And I live in Los Angeles, not Phoenix. I went to close the deal but they're having trouble finding a base model. I also agree with the other user, Acura is cutting down its production drastically and is mostly focusing on the Tech version for obvious reasons. More incentive for close to the same production price. If I'm not able to get a base model, I'm going for the Tech. Same numbers as I previously listed, but $350/month.
  • dcbdcb Member Posts: 11
    Just struck a deal for $29,450. This is a drive off price including doc fees. This appears to be a little high, but inventories are going down and the color was what I wanted. Splurged for the consumer reports pricing service....dealer cost after netting $1250 incentive and dealer holdback of $968 was $28,256. I probably should have haggled more but not much fight left in me.

I got a firm quote from a different dealer on a 2010 for $31,300, plus a $489 doc fee...essentially $31,800. I think I'll go with the 2009. Anyone have any thoughts on 2009 vs 2010 at these prices?

Thanks
    Hi - what state are you in?
  • svcodemonkeysvcodemonkey Member Posts: 6
    just got a quote of 28680 + Tax and license.

Is this a good deal? Price good for 7 days
  • roubaudroubaud Member Posts: 80
    DCB -- I got a quote today for a 2009 tech at $29,850 and flew out the door. With the $1250 incentive to the dealer and the hold back, I was NOT going to pay over invoice. In fact, I frankly think these things should be going for under 29,000 given that your 2010 quote, for example, just isn't that much higher, so why not get the 2010? How much do you lose on that 2009 when you walk out the door? What is the depreciation once you sign the paperwork?
    SVCODEMONKEY -- I think that is a very good price, personally. I've been lurking here for a while, finally trying to make a move at the end of the month. As I said above to DCB, I think the 2009s should be at or under $29,000 (but what do I know). My dealer had 11 '09 techs and still wouldn't even meet me at invoice, at least not yet. I'm thinking why not wait a month or two then, let them see how bad the economy will still be, wait for an incentive on a 2010, and then pull the trigger.
    I'm in Ky.
    I have not followed all the previous posts. Bay area???? What state area you in? Yes, think that is a great price compared to my $29,450.
  • gpb59gpb59 Member Posts: 106
    I got a quote for sign and drive on a 09 tech of 443/month including tax for 36 mos, 12k miles per year, should I grab it?
    I agree I am paying too much. I don't think they will sell at cost of $28200 or whatever. Probably add $500 $600 like the other poster got is more like it. I may renegogiate.

On 2009 vs 2010, my price diff is $2350....about the amount of annual depreciation out in year 5....so somewhat a push.
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    What was your sale price?
    I'd try to go lower, but you might be right about them not selling at invoice. At least for June (but yes, in July there likely won't be many cars, and not the color you want).

Do you--or does anyone know--what the depreciation of an 09 tech is when I drive it off the lot? Trying to see if getting a '10 is a better way to go. All I can find are graphs and tables that show me what it is at 1 year intervals or every 10,000 miles.
  • svcodemonkeysvcodemonkey Member Posts: 6
    San Jose, CA
    for depreciation, I look at edmunds true cost to own. results look reasonable.
  • ch3coohch3cooh Member Posts: 1
    I got mine in Houston, TX. 2009 TSX Tech Package. $28,500 plus tax and title. It was last 2009 in the lot, which is Champion Acura. There are more in Sterling McCall Acura, it should be no problem to get it at $ 29,000, but that sales manager is not professional at all.
    And since I'm talking a lot lately, does anyone--in this day and age--not mind going a little bit further from home to get a better deal? Especially with the internet and internet pricing at dealers? Don't dealers know this when you are there, negotiating in person, and shouldn't they then try to work with you a little so you don't leave? I have no problem driving 200 miles to get a car if it's the right deal. Tired of the games this week I guess.
  • npolitenpolite Member Posts: 33
    Not sure what may have happened to my original post but here goes...I'm looking for anyone who has recently purchased an CPO 06 TSX that could share the price they paid and how many miles were on the car. A local dealer is offering one for 19k with 25k miles but has been sitting on the lot since the beginning of May. I did take a look at the car today and the knuckle/exhaust did have a lot of rust but the rest of the car was ok.

Thanks
    Looks like a awesome deal but ask them to throw in (for free) the Protective Package 2 (wheels locks + trunk tray + mud guards).
  • lances4803lances4803 Member Posts: 2
    I picked up a new 2009 TSX (no tech) today from Jerry Damson in Huntsville, AL.
    Price was $27,167, including Protection Package 2.
    2009s are getting in short supply; they had 3 Tech and 3 non-tech left. Birmingham had only a few Tech, and no non-tech.