2015 Kia Soul EV Lease Numbers

leescottleescott Member Posts: 165
edited May 2015 in Kia
Could I please have the rate and residual on the Soul EV + for 36/12K? Also, what is the amount of lease cash available. Thanks!
«1

Comments

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 206,201
    leescott said:

    Could I please have the rate and residual on the Soul EV + for 36/12K? Also, what is the amount of lease cash available. Thanks!

    We don't have any lease numbers for the Soul EV, sorry.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • leescottleescott Member Posts: 165
    Michaell said:

    leescott said:

    Could I please have the rate and residual on the Soul EV + for 36/12K? Also, what is the amount of lease cash available. Thanks!

    We don't have any lease numbers for the Soul EV, sorry.
    OK, thank you anyway.
  • carpersocarperso Member Posts: 148
    Any update on the residuals for the 2016 soul EV
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 206,201
    carperso said:

    Any update on the residuals for the 2016 soul EV

    What state, lease term and miles per year?

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • carpersocarperso Member Posts: 148
    California, 10k a year, 30 months, 36 months
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 206,201
    carperso said:

    California, 10k a year, 30 months, 36 months

    36/10 numbers:

    EV - .00062 and 34%
    EV + - .00090 and 35%

    $11,000 lease cash

    No 30 month programs

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • sfromwasfromwa Member Posts: 9
    Can I get lease numbers for the 2016 Soul Ev, base and + trims, 36/10 and 36/12, Washington state?

    Thanks!
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 206,201
    sfromwa said:

    Can I get lease numbers for the 2016 Soul Ev, base and + trims, 36/10 and 36/12, Washington state?

    Thanks!

    36/12
    Base - .00043 and 41%
    Plus - .00041 and 41%

    $11,000 lease cash

    Add 1% for 10K

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • sfromwasfromwa Member Posts: 9
    I ended up getting a Soul EV+ with the fun & sun package for $743 down, $240 per month, on a 36/12 lease. I got the sales price under $35K, so the lease is sales tax exempt in Washington state.
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 206,201
    sfromwa said:

    I ended up getting a Soul EV+ with the fun & sun package for $743 down, $240 per month, on a 36/12 lease. I got the sales price under $35K, so the lease is sales tax exempt in Washington state.

    Congrats! Enjoy the new Kia!

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • tifightertifighter WAMember Posts: 3,139
    edited May 2016
    Don't see a 16 section. Could I get residuals and MF for the 2016 Soul EV for 24/12k and 36/12k? Although Edmunds does not show any incentives, local dealer sites are showing some big lease cash incentives this month.

    21 Tesla 3 Perf / 21 Tesla Y LR / 11 BMW Z4 6MT / 03 Montero Ltd

  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 207,825
    tifighter said:

    Don't see a 16 section. Could I get residuals and MF for the 2016 Soul EV for 24/12k and 36/12k? Although Edmunds does not show any incentives, local dealer sites are showing some big lease cash incentives this month.

    Unfortunately, we don't seem to have the EV numbers for May.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • tifightertifighter WAMember Posts: 3,139
    Ahh, thanks for looking. Have you ever heard of Kia dealers marking up money factors?

    An area dealer is listing $12500 lease cash available on these in May. I'm sure $7500 of that is the federal rebate, but that's still a hefty cut. It gets the gears turning...

    21 Tesla 3 Perf / 21 Tesla Y LR / 11 BMW Z4 6MT / 03 Montero Ltd

  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 207,825
    tifighter said:

    Ahh, thanks for looking. Have you ever heard of Kia dealers marking up money factors?

    An area dealer is listing $12500 lease cash available on these in May. I'm sure $7500 of that is the federal rebate, but that's still a hefty cut. It gets the gears turning...

    They can mark it up by .00040, in general. There may be specific models where mark-ups are not allowed.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • tifightertifighter WAMember Posts: 3,139
    Checking to see if any EV+ numbers were put out for June? I know there was nothing for May.

    21 Tesla 3 Perf / 21 Tesla Y LR / 11 BMW Z4 6MT / 03 Montero Ltd

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 206,201
    tifighter said:

    Checking to see if any EV+ numbers were put out for June? I know there was nothing for May.

    Sorry, nothing for June either. The May numbers simply carried over

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • ethandethand Member Posts: 40
    Are the May numbers still in effect for July as well?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 207,825
    ethand said:

    Are the May numbers still in effect for July as well?

    We have some new numbers.

    California? Or, elsewhere?

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • ethandethand Member Posts: 40
    New numbers for Oregon, please.
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 206,201
    ethand said:

    New numbers for Oregon, please.

    What trim (base or +)?

    What lease term and how many miles per year?

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • ethandethand Member Posts: 40
    2016 Soul EV +

    36 months @ 12K miles/year
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 206,201
    ethand said:

    2016 Soul EV +

    36 months @ 12K miles/year

    .00041 and 38%. $13,000 lease cash

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • ethandethand Member Posts: 40
    Thanks very much, Michaell! If I may ask a follow up: of the "$13,000 lease cash" is that broken down into a portion of which = the $7,500 federal tax credit?
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 206,201
    ethand said:
    Thanks very much, Michaell! If I may ask a follow up: of the "$13,000 lease cash" is that broken down into a portion of which = the $7,500 federal tax credit?
    That would be a safe assumption. 

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 207,825
    ethand said:

    Thanks very much, Michaell! If I may ask a follow up: of the "$13,000 lease cash" is that broken down into a portion of which = the $7,500 federal tax credit?

    The federal tax credit goes to the bank, who owns the vehicle. So, the tax credit is why they can offer a large rebate, but you aren't actually getting the tax credit. You are just getting a rebate.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • ethandethand Member Posts: 40
    My question was aimed at determining the actual dollar amount that originates from the manufacturer and/or dealer. So "$13,000 lease cash" equals $5,500 from Kia and/or a dealer. Not $10,000 as several have claimed.
  • ethandethand Member Posts: 40
    Yet another follow up question: the residual value dropped 3 percentage points from 41 in May to 38 in July. Does Kelley Blue Book wholesale value research show some precipitous decline in residual values for the Kia Soul three years from now? Tesla Model 3 production may be ramped up by then, Nissan next-gen Leafs may be on the road. Or is Kia also planning a longer-range Soul EV?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 207,825
    ethand said:

    My question was aimed at determining the actual dollar amount that originates from the manufacturer and/or dealer. So "$13,000 lease cash" equals $5,500 from Kia and/or a dealer. Not $10,000 as several have claimed.

    You also may have a discount from the dealer, in addition to the rebate.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 207,825
    edited July 2016
    ethand said:

    Yet another follow up question: the residual value dropped 3 percentage points from 41 in May to 38 in July. Does Kelley Blue Book wholesale value research show some precipitous decline in residual values for the Kia Soul three years from now? Tesla Model 3 production may be ramped up by then, Nissan next-gen Leafs may be on the road. Or is Kia also planning a longer-range Soul EV?

    It's typical for most residuals. They drop, as time progresses. Generally, they will make other adjustments to the lease program to make up for that, to keep payments in the same range as before

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • ethandethand Member Posts: 40
    Thank you both for helpful posts and information.
  • dsmking2dsmking2 Member Posts: 4
    Could I please have the 36 month/ 12k miles numbers for the Soul EV Base in Massachusetts?

    Thanks in advance. 
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 207,825
    dsmking2 said:

    Could I please have the 36 month/ 12k miles numbers for the Soul EV Base in Massachusetts?

    Thanks in advance. 

    .00080 MF and 34% residual. $14,500 lease cash

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • dsmking2dsmking2 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks!  That's a pretty significant change from earlier in July. Is that due to the different state or adjusting residual downward for all states?

    I am OK with the lower residual but wish that the money factor didn't rise so much. 
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 207,825
    dsmking2 said:

    Thanks!  That's a pretty significant change from earlier in July. Is that due to the different state or adjusting residual downward for all states?

    I am OK with the lower residual but wish that the money factor didn't rise so much. 

    Looks like the earlier member was given numbers for the 2016 model.

    I gave you numbers for the 2015 model.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • dsmking2dsmking2 Member Posts: 4
    Ah, that makes more sense. What are the 2016 numbers for the base (non plus) Soul EV 36 month @ 12k miles?


  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 206,201
    dsmking2 said:

    Ah, that makes more sense. What are the 2016 numbers for the base (non plus) Soul EV 36 month @ 12k miles?


    2016 Soul Base EV 36/12 - .00048 and 38%. $13,000 lease cash.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • dsmking2dsmking2 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the numbers - it is very helpful. Does 15k miles just drop the residual a few points?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 207,825
    dsmking2 said:

    Thanks for the numbers - it is very helpful. Does 15k miles just drop the residual a few points?

    Subtract 2% from 12K/yr residuals

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • seeingsiennaseeingsienna Member Posts: 4
    Could you please post the MF and residual for a 2016 EV in New Jersey on a 36 month 10K and 12 K lease thank you. HK
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 207,825

    Could you please post the MF and residual for a 2016 EV in New Jersey on a 36 month 10K and 12 K lease thank you. HK

    2016: .00048 MF and 39%/38% residual. $13,000 lease cash.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • carpersocarperso Member Posts: 148
    Can I have the december RV, MF and lease cash for
    Soul and soul + 36/10 Bay area.
    TIA
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 207,825
    carperso said:

    Can I have the december RV, MF and lease cash for
    Soul and soul + 36/10 Bay area.
    TIA

    We don't have any numbers for the Soul EV, this month.

    If it's the 2016 Soul that you are interested in, please post here:
    http://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/41183/kia/soul/2016-kia-soul-lease-questions#latest

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • jarkjark Member Posts: 90
    Numbers for 2016 soul ev Base. 36/12 and 36/15. Los Angeles. Thanks.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 207,825
    jark said:

    Numbers for 2016 soul ev Base. 36/12 and 36/15. Los Angeles. Thanks.

    2016: .00112 MF and 34%/32% residual
    $14,750 lease cash.

    Subtract 1% for 39 month term.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • momo97momo97 Member Posts: 37
    Hello! Updated lease figures for February? MF in Bay Area as well as 36/10 and 39/10 residuals. Thanks!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 207,825
    momo97 said:

    Hello! Updated lease figures for February? MF in Bay Area as well as 36/10 and 39/10 residuals. Thanks!

    Numbers haven't changed since January

    2016: .00112 MF and 35%/34% residual for 36/39 months
    $14,750 lease cash

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • r0ger__r0ger__ Member Posts: 9
    edited March 2017
    Any update on these numbers for March 2017? This is for a 2016 EV+ 12k/36mo
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 206,201
    r0ger__ said:

    Any update on these numbers for March 2017? This is for a 2016 EV+ 12k/36mo

    We do not have any lease numbers for the 2016 Soul EV.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • wibotwiwibotwi Member Posts: 2
    Do you have numbers for Soul EV+ for May/June for 36/30 and 36/12? State is NJ.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 207,825
    wibotwi said:

    Do you have numbers for Soul EV+ for May/June for 36/30 and 36/12? State is NJ.

    Which model year?

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

Sign In or Register to comment.