Need Help Evaluating Lease Deal - 2015 428i Convertible

rounds25rounds25 Member Posts: 15
edited July 2015 in BMW
Talked to dealer today and gave me the following numbers. I have excellent credit so is this the best MF and deal that I can achieve with the current lease special. Please give me your evaluation: MF = 0.00130, Residual 59% @ 15K; Down payment = $1568; payment = $815

61% @ 12K; MSRP = 59,900; Cost of car thus far = 57,400; $782; down payment = $1534

Are these numbers reasonable? Should I press for more off the MSRP?

Comments

  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 187,683
    rounds25 said:

    Talked to dealer today and gave me the following numbers. I have excellent credit so is this the best MF and deal that I can achieve with the current lease special. Please give me your evaluation: MF = 0.00130, Residual 59% @ 15K; Down payment = $1568; payment = $815

    61% @ 12K; MSRP = 59,900; Cost of car thus far = 57,400; $782; down payment = $1534

    Are these numbers reasonable? Should I press for more off the MSRP?

    Do those numbers include tax? If so, what is your state and tax rate?

    On the 15K/yr deal, I get $733/mo. +tax... so, it's likely there are other fees or charges in the CAP cost.

    There is a $1000 incentive on this vehicle. Given that, $1500 (or 2.5%) is not much of a discount from MSRP. Seems like there is about $2500 more to save, there.

    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • rounds25rounds25 Member Posts: 15
    I live in Shelby county TN. Our tax rate is 9.75%. The numbers did include taxes. I thought that I should have seen a bit more off the MSRP. Also, is this the best MF that I can get with an excellent credit rating. Thank you for the information.
  • rounds25rounds25 Member Posts: 15
    Just found out that it is just state taxes so 7%. Thanks for your help.
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 183,398
    rounds25 said:

    I live in Shelby county TN. Our tax rate is 9.75%. The numbers did include taxes. I thought that I should have seen a bit more off the MSRP. Also, is this the best MF that I can get with an excellent credit rating. Thank you for the information.

    Yes, .00130 is the base rate from BMW this month. Can't get any better unless you use MSDs.

    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • rounds25rounds25 Member Posts: 15
    Thank you. I will just work on getting the MSRP down. Appreciate it
  • rounds25rounds25 Member Posts: 15
    Looking at another lease deal. Vehicle retails for $58253 with current price at $ 55825. Looking at a 15K per year lease. Currently at $859+ tax per month with my trade in payoff of 18153.16. They are offering me $17,500 which is fair. MF = .00130 and Residual at 59%. Thank you
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 183,398
    rounds25 said:

    Looking at another lease deal. Vehicle retails for $58253 with current price at $ 55825. Looking at a 15K per year lease. Currently at $859+ tax per month with my trade in payoff of 18153.16. They are offering me $17,500 which is fair. MF = .00130 and Residual at 59%. Thank you

    I get $713/mo before tax using those numbers. The $600 of negative equity would only add about $17/mo to that.

    I would get a net cap cost number - I suspect it's higher than the selling price. Find out why.

    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • rounds25rounds25 Member Posts: 15
    Thanks. This is awesome information. I will be talking to them this afternoon. I appreciate the information and will update you on what I find.
Sign In or Register to comment.