Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    gloria10gloria10 Member Posts: 6
    Hi David,
    I am also looking to purchase a 2008 TL w/nav in the Boston area....my timeline to purchase is closer to june....please keep us "posted" (sorry i had to!) if you find out any good dealers or deals!! Thanks
  • Options
    ashguy22ashguy22 Member Posts: 4
    Yes, in fact the quote is from there. Any more help is appreciated!
    Ash
  • Options
    kjdsiderkjdsider Member Posts: 7
    Does that price include any accessories, like splash guards, wheel locks, etc? Did you try to talk them down or would they not budge.
  • Options
    muuppalmuuppal Member Posts: 34
    Hi, So far my lowest quote is also from Springfield Acura. Did you financed it? How much did you pay?
    Thanks.
  • Options
    shak525shak525 Member Posts: 8
    HI, I am new to this forum, willing to buy 2008 TL w/Nav. in a month or so. I am resident of NJ, I got a quote for $34072.41 (On the road). Can anyone please post a feedback on this price.
  • Options
    bigcat007bigcat007 Member Posts: 21
    $359 Monthly Payment Calculate Other Monthly Payments
    36 Month Term
    $1545 Down Payment
    $0 Security Deposit
    10000 Annual Mileage
    Restrictions Lease is based on a 2008 TL (model UA6628JW) and a $1545 capitalized cost reduction to customers who qualify for the AHFC Super Preferred credit. Dealer contribution may vary and could affect actual lease payment. See your local dealer for details.
    Comments $2499 due at signing. Dealer participation may vary. Incentives and Rebates are provided subject to the terms of our Visitor Agreement.
  • Options
    rekcalsarekcalsa Member Posts: 10
    I did finance it with DCH Montclair. I posted all my details in a previous post (#8979).
  • Options
    suncouchsuncouch Member Posts: 2
    I got this internet offer in the Southeast. Its seems pretty fair so I didn't even bargain. Any thoughts?

Cash or non-promotional financing $30,975 out the door (includes 7% tax, tag, fee)
    With 0.9% promotional financing $32,819 out the door (includes 7% tax, tag, fee)

I'm planning on taking the financing. Any chance of getting close to the cash price? Why is it one or the other?
  • Options
    guido999guido999 Member Posts: 8
    Where in the Southeast? Which dealer?

I got a TL base for $28,500 + tax the end of last month from Son's Acura in Atlanta. Cash deal. Included wheel locks, trunk tray, and splash guards.

So, depending on add-ons, it seems like a good deal, but I'd try and get another $500 off.
  • Options
    mchalmersmchalmers Member Posts: 30
    Did the $28,500 include destination? Seems like a great price. You really think you could get to $28,000?
  • Options
    suncouchsuncouch Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for posting! The more collective info the better!
  • Options
    guido999guido999 Member Posts: 8
    Yes, destination was included. Out the door price, cash deal, of $30,210 including 6% tax ($28,500 before taxes). Included wheel locks, trunk tray, and splash guards.

I was referring to $500 off the quote you got. I've seen posting saying $28,500 + tax, including the usual add-on is about as good as you could expect. If you take the Edmund's TMV price of $30,500 and subtract the $2,500 dealer incentive you get $28,000. So, yes I think you might be able to get one for $28,000. I'd suggest doing the deal the 24th - 25th of the month when they are trying to make their monthly sales numbers. How much they will negotiate might depend on how things have been selling this month.

Finally, in the Atlanta area there is a $3,000 difference among the dealers.
    See message 9091

Hope this helps
  • Options
    princesspprincessp Member Posts: 2
    hey i just bought one today....

white ext - tan interior

30,945 + tax, Title, and doc fee ($595)

This was a brand new 2008 tl with nav.

Hope that helps.

also the dealers are getting a 2500 cashback. so you can get that or get the .9 financing... cant do both
  • Options
    david1106david1106 Member Posts: 1
    30945. is destination included in this price? what was OTD price?
  • Options
    slim73slim73 Member Posts: 5
    From the research that I've done...I think $28,000 (before tax and fees) for a non Navi and $30,000 (before tax and fees) for one with Navi are the numbers that I would shoot for. I found several dealers in my area (this is in Southern California though) that were willing to sell at these prices or even slightly lower. Good luck with your purchases everyone!
  • Options
    dodge1515dodge1515 Member Posts: 3
    I have been looking for an Base 08 TL w/Nav with wheel lock, trunk mat and matching splash guards and the best I have been able to do is 31,077 plus TTL (w/o special APR) somewhat higher than what others have been posting from other parts of the country. Can anyone help with a better price somewhere in this area?
  • Options
    otisnjotisnj Member Posts: 15
    OTD = Out The Door
  • Options
    sonmansonman Member Posts: 2
    I just purchased a 08 TL Type-S for $33,000 (excluding tax and tags) from Ardmore Acura. It also included the protection page. If you are looking for just the TL w/Nav, you should be able to get it for under $31,000 in the Philly area because I got quotes for $31,000 and less for it.
  • Options
    princesspprincessp Member Posts: 2
    30,945 included destination and the protection package which included matching splash gaurds, wheel locks, and trunk mat.

30,945 + tax ( i did not have to pay tax because my trade in was more than the tl) + 24 (tag fee) + 598 (doc fee)
  • Options
    muuppalmuuppal Member Posts: 34
    which state and dealership is this. Also, is this the cash price or 48 mos .9% apr financing?
  • Options
    astro13astro13 Member Posts: 26
    Has anyone heard what the incentives might be in July after the $2,500 or 2.9% financing ends in June? I am wondering if the end of next month is going to be the best it will get or if they will offer better deals come July. You would think that they would be better the closer they get to the new 09 release, but they might just pull back and not offer anything like the 08 TSX. Any thoughts????
  • Options
    gs3gs3 Member Posts: 11
    what do you guys think for a 08 tl-s auto for $32.5k + tax & lic. in the san francisco bayarea?
  • Options
    acuradriver3acuradriver3 Member Posts: 9
    First, make sure you are comparing apples to apples when using prices seen here in this forum. Make sure nothing is missing. Also, many people post OTD (Bottom line out the door price) but fail to give detail about the title fees etc. For example, when you purchase a new car in NJ, it is required that you get a 4 year registration which costs about $385. Each state has it's own fees for title and registration and many only require a one year registration, not a 4 year like NJ.

So the point is that the NJ OTD price might look higher, but you must consider that in NJ you will be getting a 4 year pre-paid registration. Also, this is the state statutory fee and has nothing to do with the Dealer Document fees etc which are basically added profit; those are additional.

I rounded off some of the individual $ entries but here is the deal I got from a Central NJ dealer on a 2008 Acura TL (no nav) within a few dollars:

Purch Price of Vehicle incld Body Side Molding: $ 29, 250.00 (dest incld)
    NJ Sales Tax: $ 2,050.00
    NJ Tire Fee $ 7.50
    NJ Required 4 year Reg.Title fee $ 385.00
    Dealer Doc Fees/Misc Fees $ 250.00

Total OTD/Bottom Line Price: $ 31,942.50

Take a couple of hundred off my purch. price above if you don't want the Optional Body Side Molding.

Hope this helps you. Car is GREAT! Really Enjoying it.!
  • Options
    neilp116neilp116 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Guys,

Buying today 33761 out the door price for TL with navigation 08.

What do you guys think of the deal?

remember 7% nj sales tax and 4 year registration required.
  • Options
    Hello neilp116: Can't tell you what the $ amount would be with the Navigation but you might look at the Purchase price I listed on the model I bought without the Nav vs. the MSRP w/out the nav. Figure the % discount I go off I got, then just apply the same % to the Nav model and add in the NJ sales tax, dealer doc, tire tax and you will know similar deal price I had except with Nav. (note: the purchase price I show included the destination so make sure when you figure % you do similar and include the dest)
  • Options
    ktatektate Member Posts: 7
    Just got two quotes from Acura of Stockton and Acura of Modesto for an '08 w/o Navigation and w/o mud guards, trunk tray, or wheel locks (very "base"):

Stockton:
    $31,388
    $55 (doc)
    $2,315 (tax)
    $268 (reg)

Modesto:
    $31,955
    $55 (doc)
    $2,357 (tax)
    $400 (reg)

(Why the difference in reg? I don't know!)

Both are before before the $2,500 cash back offer good through June.

Based on what others are paying, it sounds like I need to keep shopping.
  • Options
    Just based upon the price of the car itself (before doc tax reg) (assuming dest is included), the Stockton deal beats the deal I got by about $350 to $400 and the Modesto deal is about $200 more than I paid. Also I paid about $200 more in doc fees than you making your deals improve a bit more. My analysis above is also assuming that each of the prices is reduced by another $2500. Without the $2500 taken out, they would be way out of the ballpark.

As for the diff in reg fees, you will need to get that answer from someone in your state. I know I my state (NJ) that line/amount for reg/title cannot be mixed together with any dealer doc fees etc., so it's the same for every NJ driver assuming they are getttng the same NJ MV items. Could it be that one reg fee is for a transfer of your existing plates/reg and the other is for brand new registration and plates. I'll bet that's it. Good luck! Both are fair deals in any case assuming you get another $2500 off.
  • Options
    "I rounded off some of the individual $ entries but here is the deal I got from a Central NJ dealer on a 2008 Acura TL (no nav) within a few dollars:

NJ Tire Fee $ 7.50

Total OTD/Bottom Line Price: $ 31,942.50"

Acuradriver3,

Was your purchase price of $29,250 AFTER the $2,500 cash back? Or did you take advantage of the special financing and not get the cash back?

Thanks in advance.

Kevin
  • Options
    Kevin: The price of the car itself incldg dest only was $29,250 final cost BEFORE tax, title/reg, tire tax and doc fees. I did not know of, nor did I get a $2500 rebate.
    This was a cash purchase. When I first started researching, I was told that there was a special 1- Lease deal from Acura and 2- a special financing deal from Acura but nothing about a direct to consumer rebate on a cash deal.

So, the price you see is the price I paid (final). When I was researching, once in awhile I would hear about a $2000 rebate to the DEALER (not the consumer) but that didn't concern me since I was just trying to get the best price and left it to the dealer to work with any rebates they might get for their added profit (on a cash, non lease deal).

Also, I went to Acura's site before I replied here and I still don't see any $2500 rebate directly to the consumer. Just the same lease program and finance program.

Let me know if there was some rebate that I was not aware of and where you saw offical info on it?? I'm thnking I ended up ok because I can't see this car getting another $2500 off of the $29,250 price paid. Maybe someone can get a bit of a better deal depending where they are and the supply at the time, but just can't see how another $2500 would be possible. That's why the prices you got are just slightly above and just slightly below what I paid but only if you take another $2500 off. Just how that $2500 is classified or where it comes from as you mention; I don't know.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- - - ----------------------------------

Acuradriver3,

Was your purchase price of $29,250 AFTER the $2,500 cash back? Or did you take advantage of the special financing and not get the cash back?

Thanks in advance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- - - ------------------------------

Kevin

"I rounded off some of the individual $ entries but here is the deal I got from a Central NJ dealer on a 2008 Acura TL (no nav) within a few dollars:

NJ Tire Fee $ 7.50

Total OTD/Bottom Line Price: $ 31,942.50"
  • Options
    Acuradriver3,

My mistake: The $2500 I'm referring to is a manufacturer-to-dealer incentive--not cash back to the customer. Here's where I got the info: http://www.edmunds.com/new/2008/acura/tl/100902909/incentives.html

While reading most of the April/May posts in this forum, I've got to assume that in most cases, reviewers are not opting for the 0.9% financing special. By not doing so, the price (OTD or otherwise) is going to be less than for someone like me who would like to use Honda's financing special of 0.9% for 48 mos. But obviously, we can't have both. Regardless, it's great that we have these forums to share pricing and purchasing stories. It really does level the playing field for buyers.

Kevin
    Modesto, CA
  • Options
    scottnrosescottnrose Member Posts: 47
    Hi to all,

I'm in the Baltimore/Washington DC area. Just purchased a new base TL from Frankel Acura who were GREAT (Internet dept). The following are the exact details:

Purchase Price (incl. freight) - $28,500 (no accessories)
    Dealer Fees - $100
    Title & Reg (ALL MD fees) - $242
    MD Tax (6%) - 1,716
    OTD = $30,558

Most other dealers in Balt./DC area were within a few hundred dollars with some negotiation. I hope that this helps anyone who is in the process of buying a TL.

Good luck.
  • Options
    Good going Scott... Excellent deal! Best I've heard about yet on a base TL... you beat mine by a long shot!!
  • Options
    johnfontanajohnfontana Member Posts: 6
    Just bought an 08 TL from Power Acura South Bay in Southern California on Monday (Memorial Day weekend). I'd like to share my experience as I learned so much from other folks on this forum.

I first did some research on TL and Lexus ES350, and test drove each about 3 times at local dealerships. While I believe ES350 is more suitable for my family with kids, I feel TL is a much better deal for $5k less. Anyway, based on what I learned from msgs on this forum, I sent emails, several days before I bought my car, to about a dozen dealers in Socal for the quotes for my color of Carbon Bronze + Taupe interior, Nav plus protection pkg, i.e. color-coded splash guard, wheel lock and trunk tray. (I first wanted to send one email and bcc other dealers, and but it turned out hard to collect their email addresses. So I just went to Acura web site, and copy and paste and email to the dealerships). Within several minutes, I got back responses from all of them. Most of them came back with the numbers with several others back with marketing gimmicks. They are all very responsive (Did same thing to Lexus dealers. Also very quick to respond).

Based on the numbers back, I decided to visit the Local Acura (sorry, no name), Acura 101 of Calabasas (quote $30,199), and Power Acura in Torrance (quote $30,073). Local Acura says they can not match the number from Power Acura. And Acura 101 showed me the car and said they could sell me 08 TL with Nav plus wheel lock for $30,000. (They don't do splash guard and trunk tray.) Meanwhile, Power Acura says the protection pkg was not available that day 'cause their part dept was closed on Monday holiday, but I can buy the car w/o that for $29,770 (before ttl).

So we thought that worth a trip, and drove down to Power, did a test drive (the car had 6 miles on it), signed all the papers, and wrote a check for $32,285 (out of door). The experience at Power was absolutely wonderful. The internet manager Jerry and his assistant Tricia went thru all the details, and patiently answered us all the questions, and helped us pair the phone, etc. They were just great.

Now my first experience with the car. Although I tested drove the car several times on freeway, this was first time I REALLY drove the car. I drove for 55 miles on 405 and 101 from Torrance to home in east Ventura County. The car can feel every small dip and humps on the road. And I feel it's very rigid and hard (compared with my 95 Camry stick with 206k miles), and I understand that's probably what TL and BMW fans are looing for. The gas pedal is pretty tight, and I felt my leg soured after the trip, and was happy that the trip was only 55 miles instead of 500 miles. Voice recognition system does not work well (neither does Lexus ES350 per our tests). Comparing the 55 mile trips going to Power with my Camry, and coming back with TL, I honestly felt more comfortable with my old Camry. I guess I'm too used to my Camry after 13 years, and hard to imagine my new car is 20 times more expensive than my old car. For other features, I'm in the process of getting used to the car.

I believe $29,770 (before ttl) for an 08 TL with Nav is a very good price at this time. And my experience with the dealership was simply wonderful.
  • Options
    John: Your leg may be a bit sore from the stiff gas pedal BUT that is some fine deal you got!!!!!!!!!!! You're good! Maybe I'll recruit you next time I buy a car. Enjoy the TL! Many people pay more than that without the Nav.
  • Options
    That's $700 less than what I paid at Power Acura South Bay. I also dealt with Jerry and Tricia...good people. I did get the color matching splash guards, wheel locks, trunk tray, and all season floor mats with my purchase...but those items are nowhere near $700. Nice job!
  • Options
    acurabuyer1acurabuyer1 Member Posts: 45
    Hi Folks

I was recently quoted a price for an Acura TL (not decided on the color) the following price. Not sure what he means by premium. Any thoughts on the price.

08 Acura TL Premium
    MSRP - $34,440.00
    Invoice - $31,955.00
    Selling Price - $28,376.00
    Your Savings - $6,064.00

08 Acura TL Navigation
    MSRP - $36,940.00
    Invoice - $34,248.00
    Selling Price - $30,580.00
    Your Savings - $6,360.00

Both of them include the destination charge but sales Tx, registration & DMV related are extra.
  • Options
    Premium = Base Model. I'd say the quote for the non navi is decent....but I think you can definitely do better than $30,580 for the navi. I would shoot for under 28K for the non navi and under 30K for the navi (before taxes and fees of course). Just my two cents...
  • Options
    acurabuyer1acurabuyer1 Member Posts: 45
    Thanks slim73 for your response.

I will work on it and update the forum on what is the best price I can get. I am not a huge fan of talking to car sales guys:-) I want to limit my interaction not more than 10 mins:-)) :)
  • Options
    newtlguynewtlguy Member Posts: 8
    When I was shopping, the best base price not including taxes and fees I got for a non-navi TL was $27,400 from Mike Harvey Acura in Burlingame. (Includes destination charge)

$30,400** is the best price I got from Marin Acura when they beat/matched Acura of Serramonte. Acura of Serramonte will give you any 08 Navi TL for $30,600 base including destination plus taxes and fees with no negotiation whatsoever...just go through their internet department.

**Please note that my navi price above does include the protection package...which includes the color matched splash guards, trunk tray, and all weather mats.
  • Options
    nhl009nhl009 Member Posts: 2
    08 TL base model for $29,236 + 495 doc fee + tax + 42 license fee = $31,854.17.

This comes from a dealership in Atlanta, and was their first offer. Can I do better?
  • Options
    xyz17xyz17 Member Posts: 10
    what does the 29K include...I mean does it include the protection package like rubber floor mats, trunk tray, wheel lock etc?

I bought mine 2 months ago for a base price of 29K in Texas and since then the prices have dropped further...

I think you can do better...just my humble opinion
  • Options
    nhl009nhl009 Member Posts: 2
    As far as I can tell the only add ons to the 29K are the doc fee, the sales tax, and the license fee. I believe the protection package is included.

I forgot to mention that I am financing this purchase at 4.5% over 60 months. I'm wondering how much more "aggressive" they can get with the price.
  • Options
    skeptic5skeptic5 Member Posts: 12
    I am wondering how some folks are getting a base TL including destination for 28,400? How are you getting dealers to go below what I computed based on the info I have. I am in CT.

The way I figure it-

invoice 30, 990
    dealer incentive -2500
    subtotal 28,491
    destination 715
    Hi Skeptic5,

The only thing that I think you are missing in your calculations is "Dealer Holdback". According to the dealer spec sheet that I was shown, it listed $674.50 (or 2% of MSRP). Once you have subtracted this amount, the cost is $28,531.50. Additionally, the salesperson told me that Acura provides a yearly "bonus" for each new car sold (I don't know exactly how much this is but I gathered that it was in the $300-500 range). This provides a bit of additional leverage for the salesperson to go below the "cost" - but not by a huge amount.

Now - anything can happen in a deal - and maybe there are other incentives to the dealer from Acura or from the dealership to the salesperson that we buyers and online service don't know of - but this is why I was shooting for $28,500. My deal is listed in post #9197. I posted the exact amounts from the final sales sheet.

You may be able to push below $28,500 by a couple of hundred, especially here at month end. However, I am rather skeptical of achieving much below $28,300 - unless the dealer is really desperate for some reason.

Those are my thoughts FWIW. BTW, thanks to Acuradriver3 for the nice words.
  • Options
    astro13astro13 Member Posts: 26
    Wow, those are some good prices. The best price I have received in Southern Michigan/ Northern Ohio is $29,388 + TTL for a base TL. This is with the $2,500 cash back. Has anyone received anything lower in the Great Lakes region?
  • Options
    $29,385 is what I was quoted a few days ago by a dealer in Pleasanton, CA. But yesterday, another individual from the same dealership called me and said if I buy before 7PM today, they would go lower than what I was quoted. How much lower?... I don't know as I haven't called back yet. Some on this forum have mentioned getting their base TLs for close to 28K so I think I'll continue to wait through June and see which dealer in this area (Northern CA) wants to approach that price. (They all have my phone number now and seem to follow-up regularly.)

Good luck.
  • Options
    blind224blind224 Member Posts: 3
    I am Looking to get A TL-S and the dealership in my area has 3 of them. What price should I be looking to get for one of them with the dealer cash. I heard some people talking about holdback. If someone knows what most dealerships will let it go for, that would be great. Thanks
  • Options
    winstewinste Member Posts: 6
    What area?
  • Options
    inhalexhaleinhalexhale Member Posts: 8
    Hey guys. I'm looking into getting a Certified '05 TL with nav and about 40k miles. The dealership has it listed at 23,995. I was going to shoot for getting them under 20k (before taxes of course). Would that be realistic? I live in New Jersey btw.

Thanks.
  • Options
    blind224blind224 Member Posts: 3
    In The New Orleans Area in Louisiana