Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    newtlguynewtlguy Member Posts: 8
    douglesso....Great deal you got there! :-) Just curious....any options included in that price? Did you get the spoiler? protection package? other options?

Thanks!
  • Options
    richardstarrichardstar Member Posts: 6
    It does come with a rear spoiler. I wasn't aware of a protection package. What's that?
  • Options
    Actually I was referring to douglesso's post.....

But, to answer your question, the protection package consists of the wheel locks, trunk tray, and splash guards.(mine were color-matched splash guards)

They included it on my car even though I didn't ask for it....and didn't want to pay for any optional accessories other than the all weather mats.
  • Options
    jkrn2003jkrn2003 Member Posts: 26
    I'm in Houston, TX... The best offer I got for TL base w/navi is $31500 (incl. destination). How are people getting close to $30,000??? Anybody around Houston have good experiences with certain dealerships? Thanks.
  • Options
    jimmyjugjimmyjug Member Posts: 6
    I was offered the TL Base for 31k+tax+fees. I know its not a great deal but is it worth even considering?
  • Options
    xyz17xyz17 Member Posts: 10
    IMHO its not even worth considering....did u check with the other dealers in the area?
  • Options
    mkir888mkir888 Member Posts: 1
    I bought mine for $34400 OTD price for a 2008 TL with NAV for 48 months at .9% APR including the wheel locks ,trunk tray and splash guards.
    The only other dealer that beat the price was Power Acura South Bay.Their quote was cheaper by $150 but the salesman at Santa monica was very impressive.No hassles no pressure and was very straight forward.Got the color i wanted i.e polished metal metallic with Ebony .
    Cerritos has the lowest rate but wouldn't combine it with .9% .Thomas Acura backed out of the rate the promised me online.I would recommend Santamonica and Powerbay dealerships if you are looking for a new TL in SOCAL.No one else in the area were even close especially with the .9% and incentives included.
    Initially i was a little skeptical for my choice of TL and price was the major factor i choose the TL over a 3 series.Though it might not match the drive of a 3 series. TL is close and it is one hell of a car.30 days of driving and i would recommend it to anyone looking for a combination of sports and luxury under 40k.
  • Options
    wbrookwbrook Member Posts: 7
    There's no reason to take anything but a great deal on the 3G TL. The 4G will show its face shortly and will be in showrooms in a few months time. If you drive off the lot in a 3G TL with anything but "I got an amazing deal" going through your head, you're very likely to start kicking yourself when the new models arrive.

Just my 2 cents.

• Options
    ogbzaogbza Member Posts: 10
    i just spoke with a dealer who was trying to talk me out of leasing an 08 TL-S and instead wait for the 09 TL. This was partly due to the fact that he didn't have what i wanted in stock, but he seemed generally interested in giving me good advice.

Anyway, when i asked him to speculate on the 09 TL lease deals he mentioned that the 36 month residual on the new TSX was somewhere in the 70%'s. He told me that acura has implied that this "standard" will apply to the new TL as well. Has anyone else heard anything like this? That is incredibly high and would make for great lease deals, no?
  • Options
    aryacetasaryacetas Member Posts: 1
    Hello, I bought my base TL on last day of March08. Acura was giving $2000 incentive as marketing support. Since April1, it is $2500. Yeah, I have kicked my self for that. With $2000 incentive, I got the car for $30,350+ tax + fees. I guess you should pay $500 less than what i paid. I bought mine from Bellevue Acura. I think Lynwood Acura might give you a slightly better deal. Good luck....
  • Options
    jimmyvegasjimmyvegas Member Posts: 6
    Is anyone out there leasing? I am in California and the best I have been able to get is invoice ($31,706) less dealer incentive for leasing of $1000. A residual value of 54% (of MSRP) and a money factor of .00101 (2.42%) I would be getting a 36 month lease and allowed 12,000 miles per years. They would waive the security deposit and am having a little trouble pinning them down on fees but it looks like $500 acquisition fee and $476 title and registration. With $2500 drive off it comes to $353.45 a month including tax. Anyone finding better? Many thanks.
  • Options
    thepostmanthepostman Member Posts: 49
    I am in Houston also, I tried Sterling-Mccall with no luck. I am just doing the waiting game. They had like 30 TL'S on the lot last week and that was just in the front. If you have any luck, let me know. I plan on leasing mine.
  • Options
    dfreddydfreddy Member Posts: 2
    I just picked up my 08 TL w/ Navi for 33,000 for 0.9 financing for 4 years. At first they offered 33,500 with financing then 31,500 w/o financing. Then we back to them and he dropped another 500.00 (33,000) w/ financing, but would not drop his price w/o financing.
    So we went with the financing he thru in the all weather mats and trunk cargo mat.
    Color: White Diamond Pearl w/ Ebony interior very sharp looking. He spent about a good 40 minutes showing us all the technology in the car.

Was very happy with the Dealership Clinton Acura in New Jersey.

I hope this will help.
  • Options
    kayak162kayak162 Member Posts: 5
    Picked up my 08 TL (Bronze with Parchment) in Portland yesterday for $29,700. It has the NW Protection Package (Wheellocks, Mugguards, TrunkTray, and Rubber Mats). The deal was done by a couple of emails and a brief phone call. They were supper easy to deal with. The Internet Sales Manager I dealt with was a nice guy.
    I highly recommend Acura of Portland to anyone who is in the market for a new Acura. I had such a pleasant car buying experience, and so I feel compel to share my experience with you all.
    They can drive the car up to Seattle and deliver it to your door. Or, I took the train to Portland ($31), and drove the car home. It's alot more pleasant doing this than dealing with some Acura Dealers in the Seattle areas.
    By the way, Acura of Bellevue tried to beat my Portland deal, but the didn't have the color combo I want. If you're not picky about color, I believe the car can be had for $29,500 (this was last Friday).
    Good Luck! (it's alot of car for under $30K)
  • Options
    astro13astro13 Member Posts: 26
    Has anyone had a good TL buying experience in Michigan or the Great Lakes Region? I am looking to purchase in the next couple of months, but was trying to see what the dealers close by were offering. After talking to a couple of local dealers I am getting the impression that they don't want to lower their price at all. I don't mind driving to a state near by if the deal is right.
  • Options
    wilt1wilt1 Member Posts: 13
    Walked into a dealer yesterday in NJ where I previously purchased an 03 TL. Had a deal on the table for $399 a month with 1382. total down on an 08 TL non nav. from another dealer which included tax. They offered $395. with same inception fees, walked out. They car is basically a left over now, you would think they would want to move them. Just my thought.
  • Options
    otisnjotisnj Member Posts: 15
    Can someone tell me what current purchase incentives Honda is offering on the TL and TL-S? If it makes any difference I would be looking in Central NJ.
  • Options
    sak3sak3 Member Posts: 5
    Acura of Bellevue will not match Portland, OR price. Acura of Seattle has offered
    $32,250. for '08 Nav w/protection package
    12,000 trade in for '03 CL S w/ 50K miles.

My CL + $22,435 cash OTD - is this a good deal. If not, any and all suggestions woud be helpful. This is exausting. I just want to get the deal done. Thanks.
  • Options
    macgmanmacgman Member Posts: 3
    I don't know about the deal on the TL, but I wouldn't trade in your CL. That car is a hot item. You could easily sell it for a couple K higher.
  • Options
    Exhausted! I know what you mean. I've been there. Put your CL on Craigslist and get more for money it. I sold my Xterra in one day. I think $32.250 w/ Nav is still high.
    Have you tried Acura of Portland?
    Call them or email them, and they will give you a quote. If the quote is in the ballpark, then see if they take $31,700. The Internet Sales Manager is a nice guy, and very easy to deal with. Unlike people at Acura of Seattle. They wore me out.
    I am enjoying my Bronze TL very much. It has everything I want and then some.
    Let me know if you need more info. And, don't pay more than you have to.
    Take your time, don't rush...
  • Options
    slim73slim73 Member Posts: 5
    Warning: Long Post

Phew! After weeks of research, emails, calls, and reading posts on this forum, I finally purchased my '08 TL with navi this past Saturday! Here is some information that I hope someone will find useful for their purchase:

My Search
    I live in Orange County and got quotes from just about every dealer within a reasonable distance. I found that DCH Tustin Acura had the lowest price at $30,498 + tax, license, and fees. Mission Viejo and Weir Canyon did not attempt to beat this price. They seemed like nice guys though and simply replied, "Thanks for the opportunity. Good luck on your purchase." I was all set to buy from Tustin, when I saw mkir888's post last week. Even though Santa Monica and Power South Bay were a bit of a drive from where I live, I decided to email their internet managers to get their quotes. South Bay offered $30,163 + tax, license, and fees, and Santa Monica offered $29,999.99 (funny guy) + tax, license, and fees. That came out to $32,659 OTD. I asked South Bay if they would beat that price and they did: $32,600 OTD. Those two emails alone saved me at least $550. I made one last visit to Tustin Acura, and they said that they would match South Bay's price. The problem was, they didn't have the color combo I wanted: White Diamond Pearl / Ebony Interior. They even contacted Santa Monica to trade with them for the color I wanted. However, they discovered that the one Santa Monica had in stock came all the way down from Bakersfield and had over 200 miles on it already. By the time it would make its way down to Tustin, it would have had nearly 250 miles on it. This was not acceptable. I appreciated the fact that Tustin disclosed this information, and I really wanted to buy from them, but the vehicle I wanted would not arrive for another week there. Due to my Carmax offer expiring, I decided to go to South Bay for my purchase. If you want to read about my experience with South Bay, please read on. If not, I hope my OTD price offers mentioned above will be of some help.

Power Acura South Bay
    The Internet Manager there was very nice and stayed true to his word on his offer of $32,600 OTD. There were some minor gliches along the way though. The vehicle they secured for me was through a dealer trade from South Coast Acura in Costa Mesa. The protection package was already installed on the vehicle and Costa Mesa had the sticker price marked up by over $1500 for it!! I was told that I would have to pay the dealer cost for the wheel locks, and UNMATCHING splash guards. They removed the trunk tray. Even though I planned on getting those accessories going in, I thought it was ridiculous that he wanted to charge me for something I didn't even ask for! The black splash guards looked completely out of place on the white vehicle, and I told him that I either wanted them removed or replaced with the color matching ones. Even though the parts department was closed at the time, he got someone to replace them with the color matching ones. He proceeded to show me his dealer cost on the accessories that were already installed on the vehicle and told me that that's what I would have to pay. I wanted the trunk tray and all season floor mats as well, so we worked out a deal for all of the items. I couldn't believe he wouldn't throw in some or most of the accessories I wanted. I think I ended up getting like a 15% discount on all four items. Not great, but overall, I still felt like I was getting a good deal. They tried to finance me at 5.9%, but I got it down to 4.9% instead. The worst part of the experience there was the long wait and pushy guys at the finance department. I got into the dealer at 6:00 P.M. and I didn't leave until 9:00 P.M. They guy taking care of the paperwork tried to sell me on the additional service plans, which I politely declined. After his second and third attempts also failed, he briefly left the office and another guy came in. He proceeded to offer me 25% off of the 100K mile protection plan because "the other guy didn't have the power to do it, but he did." I normally would have found these antics to be a bit humorous, but at that point, I just wanted to drive out of there...with or without my new TL. I think they finally realized that they weren't going to get any more money out of me, and their pace suddenly began to pick up. I finally drove off in my new '08 TL with navi (white diamond pearl/ebony), with color matching splash guards, wheel locks, trunk tray, and all season floor mats...exhausted, but happy! Here's the breakdown:

Vehicle Cash Price: $29,985
    Accessories: $306
    Document Fee: $55
    Sales Tax (7.75%): $2352
    Electronic DMV Fee: $28
    License Fee: $197
    Registration/Transfer/Titling Fees: $64
    California Tire Fee: $9

TOTAL OTD: $32,995

I must say, the TL is everything I had hoped for. It looks and drives like a dream, and I don't care what the '09 is going to look like or have in it. If the '09 TSX and MDX are any indication (looks wise)...I'm glad I got the '08 while they were still around. With the dealer's need to unload (factory cash, new models coming in, and overall recession), I feel like I was able to get into a quality vehicle that I wouldn't have been able to afford at any other time. I hear the '09 TL will be in the upper 30K to low 40K range. To drive off with a new TL in the low 30Ks seems like a steal. Good luck on your purchase, and thanks for reading this long [non-permissible content removed] post!
  • Options
    needashowerneedashower Member Posts: 39
    Wow, that is an amazing deal, $4K off of invoice. Anyone else seeing these kind of numbers in the Chicago area?
  • Options
    paul9paul9 Member Posts: 6
    I am in the Nashville Tennessee area and got quotes from a few dealers within a 200 mile radius. I am looking for new 2008 Acura TL w/ Nav. I'm paying cash with no trade. Prices are plus taxes, title and license.

$31,920 Damson Huntsville, AL
    $32,577 Gary Force Brentwood, TN
    $35,790 Acura of Memphis, TN
    Wouldn't quote Harper Acura, Knoxville, TN (they wanted me to name my price)

I was hoping for better and will likely hold out a couple months.
  • Options
    guido999guido999 Member Posts: 8
    Is Atlanta too far? If not, try the quick quota at
    Son's Accura

A TL/Navi should be about $30,500 - $31,000 including typical add ons and fees; plus Tax.
  • Options
    ranuskiewiczranuskiewicz Member Posts: 1
    You worked a great deal. I myself purchased an Acura TL with Navi on Sunday May 4. I paid 31,950, 35,000 Tax, Title Registration out the door. I bought from Kearny Mesa Acura in San Diego, CA. I went through the internet and had quotes all within $50 of each other (4 local dealers). I also tried Costco much more expensive. I contacted Cars direct on the internet and was quoted 31,600. The problem with cars direct is you do not know where the car is coming from. All in all I felt like I worked a resonable deal and love the car.
  • Options
    cassie13cassie13 Member Posts: 3
    Can you tell me what dealer in San Francisco you used? So far I've only emailed Stevens Creek Acura - they quoted 28,705 for base TL, but I want the Navi.
    Thanks
  • Options
    Mike Harvey Acura actually quoted me for a base, non-navi TL, for $27,400. But I didn't like the sales person...very pushy....I told him exactly what I wanted, the color, navi etc...and he quotes me that price.....I'm like...$27,400? for a Navi TL??!! And he said...oh....no no no......non-navi.....he then quoted me a base price of $31000+ for the Navi TL and that any other dealer quoting less is losing money on it....and I"m like...and that affects me how???

If I were you....try to get the best internet quotes through all the dealers.....that's what I did....Marin was actually very expensive....and Serramonte was the cheapest....but they wanted to charge me for the trunk tray even though it is part of the pre-installed protection package.....Marin called me later on.....this time it was the sales manager.....quoted me $31,000 also....(whatever $5K is under MSRP) I told him no deal and I was going to get it at Serramonte.....he asked what the price was....I told him $30,600 (I didn't tell him that I had to pay an extra $237 or so for the accessories) he then offered to beat the price at $30463 including the whole protection package and all weather mats. Since I lived closer to Serramonte, I told them about this and they matched it.......I really don't like playing them against each other....but in the end....I couldn't buy it from serramonte knowing that I could get it for almost $400 less in Marin.......so I caved in.....that was the only time I had them match the price....

I love the car.....though I've been averaging 18MPG highway and 14MPG city....ouch!! I"m glad I don't drive that much....and no...I don't drive over 65MPH either....hope this improves with time......its a beautiful car....but not at this gas mileage....
  • Options
    chris1tnchris1tn Member Posts: 1
    I hope this helps. Harper Acura is quoting $32650 (invoice +3%) with 0.9% financing for the base TL. I assume the TL with Nav would follow the same formula.
  • Options
    gloria10gloria10 Member Posts: 6
    I have been following this thread for the past few weeks. I am Looking to purchase my first Acura within the next month. Just trying to figure out the best pricing. Has anyone purchased a new 2008 Acura TL w/Navi in the New England area?
  • Options
    muuppalmuuppal Member Posts: 34
    Does anyone have recent experience of buying 08 TL W/Nav Buying In NY/NJ? What finance price should i pay?

Thanks.
  • Options
    Look at some of the posts dated around 4/25/08. post #9096 (eaf2) talks about experience buying in the NJ area. Looking back during that time many folks shared their buying experience. Good luck!
  • Options
    Good luck with your new Acura! Your gas mpg...made me question if you may be using regular gas instead of premium gas as the car calls for. From what I have read regular gas will take a huge "bite" out of your mpg. I know this is not the forum for this....but please look in on the premium vs regular gas Acura forum. I read some great info. there!!
  • Options
    I actually use Chevron Supreme...91 ...that's what's recommended for the car....I think the reason for my lousy MPG is that I only drive around 20 miles or so each time...mostly within the neighborhood....my freeway driving is minimal.....even with that though...I was hoping to get 18MPG as it states on the standard specs for city driving.....
  • Options
    Thanks for the info. Stevens Creek quoted 30,899 including destination, plus fees (for cash sale). We bought our MDX from them 2 years ago and they were completely straight with us (pricing all done over the internet) but maybe I should contact Serramonte and Marin - they're both closer than San Jose. Elk Grove (near Sacramento) quoted 32K, then told me to bring in a written quote and they'd match it. 2 years ago they renegged on price when we got there.
  • Options
    sak3sak3 Member Posts: 5
    Traded my '03 CLS w/ 50K miles - needed 4 tires - had electrical problems & needed 45K service - bad FAX due to $12K rear end accident. Also needed new tabs. Bought '08 grey TL Nav w/protection package.

CL Trade in + $22,435.00 OTD. Financed balance at BOA at 4.95% w/no finance fees. Maybe not the best deal - but, Acura Of Bellevue & Acura Of Lynnwood wouldn't even touch it. Thanks for everyone's help & info - it was truly invaluable. THIS IS ONE HECK OF A GORGEOUS CAR !! Now I just need to learn about all the incredible bells & whistles.
    SOS - Save our Sonics !!
  • Options
    That's a good price.....I went over my purchase contract and my total including fees....no sales tax..... is $30,792.75. Includes the destination title etc.

Are they quoting the options? , the protection package, which includes the wheel locks, trunk tray, all weather mats, and color matched splash guards with it? just wanted to make sure we're comparing apples to apples here....that's what my price includes.....

To make it easier for the other dealers to match...try to get the OTD price...and have them match that...much easier....so you know your actual total by the time you get them to agree to a price.

Try to get them to email you the quote...makes it so much easier since you have proof of what they quoted you....Marin might be eager to match or beat that by $200 or so ...I didn't even need to email them the offer..talk to the General Sales Manager...look on marin acura's website to see who it is.... and not just anyone there...he's the one who would negotiate everyone else won't give you a deal....Serramonte would want something in writing....serramonte, the internet department is best.....if they send you an email....contact the person on the email by calling them to see if they'd match the price you got...but you'll need an email to send to them....
  • Options
    johnfontanajohnfontana Member Posts: 6
    Hi, kayak162,

Does this one come with navigation? Is $29,700 before TTL or after TTL?

Thanks for the info.

John
  • Options
    Thanks to you and others for your assistance. I bought the 08 TL with Navi today from Serramonte in Daly City/Colma. They quoted 30,600 (includes destination) for any TL/Navi on the lot - they put that in email (no financing). I called - they had the interior and exterior color that I wanted, so I drove down there. The internet sales guy was a delight to work with, as was the lady who did the contract paperwork. Including a test drive of each of the 2 cars I was interested in, I was in and out in 2.25 hours. Excellent buying experience. Total out the door cost was 33,320 (that's at 7.75% tax).
  • Options
    Base TL no Nav, and it's before TTL. It seems, we are paying more for it than folks down in Northern CA.
  • Options
    I'm curious about sales tax. Power Acura South Bay is in Los Angeles County, and the sales tax is 8.25%. Orange county's sales tax is 7.75%. Maybe the sales tax is based on where you live, not where the dealer is located. I live in Ventura County (7.25% sales tax), and I'm also shopping for a 08 TL w/Nav. Can someone shed some light on how sales tax is decided?
  • Options
    Sales tax is usually determined where the address of the vehicle registration will be.
  • Options
    mdb85mdb85 Member Posts: 1
    here's my deal in houston tx out at eagle on TL w/ Nav

they gave me the highest bluebook value for my trade @ 7500 (the best part of the deal..)

33000 + TTL and normal fees (dealer stock tax and paperwork fee ~120)
    .9% financing for 48 months

comes out to about 580/ month with my trade and tax credits.

also they give free oil changes for 4 years..

just my experience..
  • Options
    Thanks for the info. Another related question. If I buy 08 TL from a dealer far away from home, will the local dealer be happy to fix any possible problems? Like the rattling problem, which seem to be the most common complaints for new TLs.

I mean I won't feel too bad to ask my local dealer to fix any problems if the car is from them. But how can I ask the local dealer to fix the car if it's not their car in the first place? So is it a wise move to buy cars from another place just to save several hundred dollars?

I understand the manufacturer will probably be responsible for it, but still want to understand how it works and what the experiences folks on this forum had before.
  • Options
    bobbby786bobbby786 Member Posts: 7
    Hey guys,
    I am looking to buy a 08 TL-S in next few weeks and I dont think I can wait for the '09 as i really dont' like wat Acura has done with the '09 TSX. I live in NJ and was wondering If any of you had any experience with any dealers and would like to recommend some body who has the best price and the buying experience.

P.S. - any other feedback will also be gladly appreciated.

Thnx
  • Options
    slim73slim73 Member Posts: 5
    I asked the same question to the sales guy I was purchasing from. He told me that Acura requires that all warrany issues be handled by ANY Acura dealer...not just from the dealer that sold the vehicle to begin with. He also noted that my local dealer would want to establish a relationship with me in order to get future service related business...which makes sense. Even though they may not have sold you the vehicle, they still want to make money off you through their service department. I've also been listening for the rattling noise that many other owners seem to have noticed, but I haven't heard anything yet (knock on wood). Nothing but a smooth, quite ride so far, and I hope it stays that way. If I do however, I plan on going to the Acura dealer down the street, rather than driving 42 miles to the dealer I purchased from. Good luck with your purchase!
  • Options
    meiselmeisel Member Posts: 1
    Hello All,

This forum was a big help when I bought my last car. I live in the Boston area...and wanted to see what people are getting as best deals in the North East/NYC Area. I want to puchase in week+....if anyone has a deal or dealership that gets you the bottom line best deal....please let me know.

Thank-you all in advance.

Best,

David
  • Options
    rekcalsarekcalsa Member Posts: 10
    I used DCH Montclair Acura to purchase my 08 TL-S. The lowest price I got was from Springfield Acura and Montclair was willing to match it after a bit of back-and-forth with them. The only reason I wanted to go to Montclair was for their lower fees. No one else would match the price from Springfield and wished me well after I tried to get them to do so.
  • Options
    eaf2eaf2 Member Posts: 3
    It's not the rattles you should be afraid of. Have you noticed vibrations of the gas pedal and the floor while accelerating slightly or driving on a highway with rpms around 2,000?
  • Options
    ashguy22ashguy22 Member Posts: 4
    I am trying to lease a TL (Base) in the Dallas area but 2 dealers I have visited have quoted me the following:
    - 31200 neg. price
    - 0.00171 MF
    - 57% Residual
    - $1500 Signing fee including first payment and $470 per month for 36 months

I know people here have been getting much much better deals. So, do you know or recommend anyone in Dallas who can give us a decent deal?

Thank you,
    Ash
  • Options
    xyz17xyz17 Member Posts: 10
    have you tried Goodson Acura?