Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    njalannjalan Member Posts: 70
    It sounds a very good deal. The summer tires alone are worth $1000 extra. However, I wonder if this is a real deal or just a practical joke. If true, please advise the name and location of this dealership. Hope it is in NJ. Thanks
  • Options
    ChasboyChasboy Member Posts: 186
    Those summer tires supposedly cause a harder ride. At least that was a caution I read about in magazine articles.
    My total OTD price for TL-SHAWD non tech was $38995. (Includes all taxes, flaps, wheel locks)
  • Options
    njalannjalan Member Posts: 70
    Thank you for the clarification, Chasboy. I took it as $35999 pretax for TL SH-AWD with Tech. Your price still seems very attractive. However, I am focusing on the AWD with Tech.

Yesterday, I called Acura of Montclair and talked to a very nice internet sales lady. She gave me a quote of invoice less $5 pretax for the AWD with Tech. That means $39570 or so. She told me she would not sell it for less. She urged me to go there asap because there were only 3 left. I thanked her and said the 3 TL AWD with Tech would most likely still be there a month later.
  • Options
    billyperks2billyperks2 Member Posts: 378
    So basically they are pocketing the $2000 and the 2% dealer hold back.
    We are in the same boat, dealers here in Fairfiled and New Haven County CT are doing the same, they are not sharing any of the $2K available.
  • Options
    yes, the internet ladies at Montclair and Bridgewater are both very nice, tho' the Bridgewater one was nicer.
    According to my CU printout, the model you are seeking invoice price is $40,489 including destination. Dealer incentive is as listed on this sheet 1000, and holdback 1297. I think this printout was just before the month the incentives changed to 2000 for all Techs. CU's 'bottom line' price is $38192.
    Stay strong, sometimes a personal visit helps. I know Springfield stayed in closer contact with me after I visited them.
  • Options
    blackgina2009blackgina2009 Member Posts: 4
    I just have to say that I don't know all the ins and outs of car engines and all of that stuff but I purchased a 2009 TL just this past Thursday and it was delivered to my house (55 miles away) yesterday. I'm in the DC Metro and had to do a lot of work to get the TL in black/black so I ended up having to wait 1 day for the dealership to locate me one but it was worth it and I didn't have to drive 55 miles away to pick it up because it was delivered to me at home. This was after a lot of back and forth with 3 different dealerships. Anyway, I just have the TL and I paid $30.4K for an out of the door price of $33.4K and this was from a dealership in Gaithersburg, MD. I was at a dealership in Chevy Chase, MD first and they were trying to offer me a tech, I would have been settling on the color although black/parchment is still very beautiful, and they were willing to go $35.7 out of the door and I was trying to get them to go $34.8 because that is the amount my check was for and I wasn't spending a dime more. Needless to say that I ended up walking out of the door over $900 but I didn't want to pay it and I know they could have bent a little more on it but they weren't having it and neither was I. Anyway, I'm happy with my purchase and I know that would have been a great price for a tech model but oh well because I didn't want to come out of pocket with the extra money so I'm happy with what I have.
  • Options
    Gina, you got a wonderful car. I like the parchment also, but that color on the lower half of the interior is a dirt magnet. Congrats and enjoy it!! And, once you are comfortable, next time you go into a curve you normally brake for, just lift off the gas and 'ride thru' the turn. You will get what I mean after you do it!
    :)
  • Options
    smrtshprsmrtshpr Member Posts: 4
    Try dealerships in Westchester, NY. The offered me a TL-sh-awd with tech(MSRP $42,995) for $37,800. Also dealership cost are lower than CT dearlerships as per NY law. I am waiting till July, August for end of year sales as I see local inventory numbers going up and I expect Acura to up the $2,000 dealer cash back.
  • Options
    Thanks Chasboy! I'll try this so I can see what you're talking about. I'm still trying to get to know the car but I did manage to get my phone linked and use my mp3 player yesterday. I had a fully loaded Camry Hybrid before this that was totaled and these two cars couldn't be more different. All in all I'm having a good experience but I'll be on these forums looking to you guys for guidance. Thanks for the reply.
    BlackGina2009
  • Options
    sdcaressdcares Member Posts: 6
    After a month of research and reading this board, I bought my new black TL TECH SH-AWD in SoCal yesterday. I went to several dealerships - walked out of one, but finally got a reasonable deal. $37,700 + TTL. I could have fought harder for $37,600 but they wont go much lower. Drove it around one day so far. Great car. Handling is night and day different than a front wheel drive car....
  • Options
    Smrtshpr, your discount as you listed is 15.75% which is great! I wouldn't hold my breath for additional discounts from Acura. If the economy starts any type of upswing, you might not see the 2G's either.
    Gina, you won't get the gas mileage on this car like you got on the Camry, but you will enjoy the driving experience so much more, and...you will be noticed. My wife already got: "Whoa! ...nice car ma'am!" :)
  • Options
    smrtshprsmrtshpr Member Posts: 4
    U R correct but my current lease is up in the end of July. With inventories going up and the 2010's coming soon I must hope for the best. Dealer in Westchester called two weeks ago and left message that he could do a little better on price. Just want to help out new car buyers. There are not that many of us, we should at least get our monies worth.
  • Options
    Didn't know you had a lease. You are right, and your reasons are why I enjoy this thread.
    ;)
  • Options
    prijayprijay Member Posts: 26
    I am in the market for a new 09 TL w/ tech need to know what is the best price you guys have got so far and the name of the conatct person and dealership will help.
  • Options
    cvv011cvv011 Member Posts: 8
    Phil Smith Acura at Pompano Beach... the Internet Sales Manager will take of it. Should look at 33-34K + TTL for the Tech.
  • Options
    ultracoolandultracooland Member Posts: 3
    Hi. You seemed to have gotten a great deal. A few clarifications for me as I am in trying to purchase a 2009 TL.
    1. Did you get a TL/Tech or a TL base model?

2. And, when you said "... I just have the TL and I paid $30.4K for an out of the door price of $33.4K and this was from a dealership in Gaithersburg, MD..." I am not sure what you meant here. Are you saying that you paid $30.4K for the TL/Base or TL/Tech?

3. And, what do you mean by $30.4K out of $33.4K? Are you saying that you were able to bring the price down from 33.4K to 30.4K?

Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    satfornsatforn Member Posts: 9
    Grigio Metallic
    TL Tech FWD
    Wheel Locks
    Trunk liner
    Mud Flaps
    $34K including destination
    (Tax & tags extra)
    Looked at 6 dealerships in Philly Burb & Central NJ.
  • Options
    kalacckalacc Member Posts: 4
    Congrats,

Where did you get your acura tl sh awd in SoCal. I tried Keyes, they had alot of them but would not come down to your price.
  • Options
    Hi ultracooland. Yeah, I don't think my deal was bad at all.
    1. I got a base model, the dealer and I couldn't come to an agreement over $900 on a Tech model and I wasn't coming out of pocket for it.
    2. The price of the car was $30.4K and my final out of the door price was $33.4 (including tax, tag, title, etc)
    3. No, the price just for the car was $30.K and my final price for everything ended up being $33.4K.
    I hope this clarifies but if not please feel free to ask additional questions.
    BlackGina
  • Options
    Chaseboy, I am enjoying driving this car so much. I get looks on the road all the time and I'm seeing so may 3G TL's. They like to ride up on the side of my car and look because there just aren't that many in this area yet. I'm in the DC Metro and over the last month and a half I've only see 3 4G models. Gina really is beautiful and my Phoenix likes to come out when drive her ;-)
  • Options
    nkbuynkbuy Member Posts: 25
    can you tell me which dealer you got that deal from?
  • Options
    In SD, there are several dealerships that were willing to deal: carlsbad, escondido. Even farther north in riverside. You have to be super aggressive and willing to walk....
  • Options
    umalum1990umalum1990 Member Posts: 9
    Just picked up a TL SH-AWD w/ Tech for 38,102 Net Cap Cost, 36 mos, 0 down (only inception fees), 15k miles/ yr $559/ Mo + tax.. Dealer fee was a high $699, but also the car had the Pro-Pack on it, which the dealer basically threw in after I argued that they are basically forcing their customers into these packages by adding them onto every car they have on the lot, so I did not fight the dealer fee. Polished Metal w/ ebony interior... love driving it, feel comfortable with my monthly payments.... time to move on!
  • Options
    casdmgcasdmg Member Posts: 11
    Where was this?
  • Options
    rhyxrhyx Member Posts: 7
    Option 1: 2008 Acura TL with Navigation - $26,695
    CPOd, 26,000 miles

Option 2: 2008 Acura TL Base - $26.985
    CPOd, 11,000 miles

Option 3: 2009 Acura TSX TECH (with Navi obviously) - $27,500
    CPOd, 10,000 miles

Which would you go with and why? These all seem to have about the same sticker price and I feel I could negotiate down a bit on the TLs. Probably not much negotiation room available on the TSX. I guess it depends how much I think Navigation is worth.
  • Options
    zorro16zorro16 Member Posts: 31
    rhyx,

if u are planning to keep the car for a long time, go for 2009 tsx.

first of all it's a newer redesigned model and it's bigger and roomier than a 08 tl

and second of all, as the newer car model comes in people tend not to have the same kind of love on thier old cars anymore. acura tl has been redesigned too.

on the contrary, if you are a value customer and bang for the buck guy and if the dealer got you a super good deal on a 08 tl, that u cant reject , got for a 08 tl.
  • Options
    rhyxrhyx Member Posts: 7
    zorro16,

Thank you for your reply. The 09 TSX is slightly smaller than the 08 TL (around 2 inches shorter overall). The inside does feel practically the same size, maybe a little less width overall.

My concern was that during the test drive it feels like the older TLs have more low end torque. The 09 TSX seems to strain to even get up to highway speeds.

I really like the exterior of the 08 TL more than the 09 TSX. Interior it seems the 09 TSX has better speakers and potentially the chance to get Nav.

A 09 TL is way out of my price range.

I plan on keeping the car for at least 7 or 8 years.
  • Options
    cebtebcebteb Member Posts: 138
    If you can get a sweet deal on an '08 TL, go for it. It is much quicker and more powerful than the '09 TSX and you save a year's worth of depreciation. If you are happy with the interior size of the '08 TL, so much the better. The '08 TL is a good looking car to boot. As to which '08 TL, well 26K is a lot of miles for one year, so you'd really have to want the Nav package on that one to bite that bullet, but OTOH, people are starting to expect such do-dads on their cars (I don't) so it will help with resale value should you decide to dump it sooner than 7 or 8 years from now.

The reason the wife and I are looking at an '09 TL and passed last year on a new '08 TL was the interior room. She's coming out of a '99 Chrysler 300M with lots of interior room, so she is fussy about interior space. The '09 TL is roomier than the '08 and much more so than the '09 TSX.
  • Options
    abeacuraabeacura Member Posts: 2
    Hi dbwtx,
    I am on the search for an 09 TL with Tech pkg in Texas for purchase, and the best offer to date is $37,705 in Austin.
    After reading through some of the experiences bloggers on this thread have had, I realize that I may be dealing with an offer that is really not much of 'deal'.
    Any idea where i may get a better price in Texas? Pleeease help!! Thanks.
  • Options
    nkbuynkbuy Member Posts: 25
    Can you please tell which dealer you are getting this quote for? Is this in the sf bay area?
  • Options
    That price was without a ~$400 "protection package"... when the dealer admitted that I didn't pursue it....This was in LA....
  • Options
    HOUSTON_KEVINHOUSTON_KEVIN Member Posts: 11
    I am on the market for Acura TL 2008 Base Model. What price is the good deal for this model? I am looking for something around 11000 Miles/ Certified PreOwn. Please give me some ideas. Thanks Alot.

Kevin Ta

Email: Vinhta@aol.com
  • Options
    a64marca64marc Member Posts: 21
    if you're in socal I'd say the best deals to be had for me have been with santa monica and power torrance acura...yet I also like the guy at Glendale. Keyes while lovely seemed always a bit confused-too many salespeople and managers calling me- and neither of the latter dealers could deal much.
    I'm picking up my new tl tomorrow and let me just say that my sales price is below this tl base 30,706 and tl base w/tech 32,854 -when it's all done I'll post my actual but it's lower than these- yippe kay yay
    i'm beating the dmv increase come monday

come to me Grigio metallic with parchment....

and if you happened to have an expiring Honda Finance Lease (I didn't ;-((( then make sure you get the loyalty letter from HFAC good for $1500 currently on the TL.
  • Options
    ilu333ilu333 Member Posts: 18
    It's been a month sine I got the TL FWD w/tech & I love it! Still learning & discovering new features day by day...although I have to say I'm guilty of not reading the manual yet. Been so busy....but I really enjoy driving it though. My wife like it too...although she have yet to learn to maneuvered it when turning into driveway & going over bump. Since it's a bit lower than normal car she always manage to scratch it (poor car!).
  • Options
    So glad you love the car!! Just have DW take it slow over the bumps and turning into driveway, she'll find the right combination.
    We've been spending lots of time in ours, and it's got 'all day comfort!".
  • Options
    acurashopperacurashopper Member Posts: 9
    After four months of research and test drives, I finally decided on the 2009 Acura TL with Tech pkg. The email quotes I've received so far range from 34,300 to 36,100 + tax and junk fees. That still seems high, especially with $2000.00 cash back and 2% dealer holdback money. I think $35k out the door would be a fair price for the dealer and me.

Each dealer I've visited tells me inventory is getting scarce because Acura idled the plants...yet I see 15-30 TLs on their lots. What gives? Don't they want to sell these cars?

I'm in no hurry to buy a car as my 9 year old Camry still runs fine. I've been saving up and wanted to take advantage of the lower prices and sales tax deduction.

Do you think Acura will up the ante on the rebates and discounts the closer we get to July 4th?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    I don't think they are going to increase incentive. However, AFAIC, the dealers are just using their typical 'crying the blues" tactics. Ignore them and keep pushing.
  • Options
    Thanks for the encouragement. I'll keep pushing. I live on the fringe of a major metro area and solicited bids from both local dealers and some within a 2-3 hour drive. The outlying dealers are definitely more motivated to sell me a car.

i also got the Costco price. Apparently not being the Costco dealer rankles one local dealer - he immediately met the Costco price, but said he couldn't afford to sell me a car for any less than that. The Costco price is good, but I already beat that on my own. I've asked my lowest bid if that was the best he could do, we'll see what kind of response I get back.

The common thread running through all of my interactions is that they can't guarantee the color car I want will still be on the lot when I go to complete the transaction. My preference is for polished metal with taupe interior (supplies are plentiful) - but any color car besides black or bronze would be perfectly fine if the price is right. I'll take my chances.

I'll post purchase price once I have the car.
  • Options
    billyperks2billyperks2 Member Posts: 378
    If you follow Acura's trend they will increase the incentive to $3,500 in July or August to get rid of the 2009.
  • Options
    Thanks for the scoop.

I wasn't planning to purchase until mid-June, but it may make sense to wait a few more weeks. I can always rent a car for my trip.
  • Options
    That's some incentive!! I also did better than the Costco price on my own. Dunno who uses it. :confuse:
  • Options
    ozzy56ozzy56 Member Posts: 1
    Is the $2000 market support incentive expiring 6/1 or is it being extended?
  • Options
    acura20876acura20876 Member Posts: 2
    Bought 2009 TL based for 30400 + tax and fees from Chevy Chase Acura in MD. The dealer offers free oil change for 4 years and free car wash for life. There is a catch for oil change; all manufactory recommended services must be performed at their dealership in order to get oil change.
  • Options
    asterix4asterix4 Member Posts: 16
    acurashopper - I'm in exactly the same boat as you. My old toyota runs fine and i'm looking for a 2009 Acura with probably Tech package.

Pls share your experience with dealers and also post the best quote you have received so far.

I also tried the Costo program, it is just not competitive any more..
  • Options
    a64marc - Can you provide details about your experience. Also where did you get the quote for 32854 for 2009 TL with tech ?
  • Options
    asterix4 -

$34,025 is the lowest current price before sales tax and junk fees. I keep getting emails from dealers offering "car club" and friends & family discounts.

I'll keep waiting. Although I really like the TL w/tech, I have a Garmin for when I travel. My commute is 7 miles through a residential area. The back-up camera is what I really like, but is it worth $4k more? I might reconsider and look again at the base TL. It's definitely within my budget.
  • Options
    acurashopper, I don't think the backup camera is worth that kind of money. In fact I think the tech package is way overpriced.
    In addition, I have a backup camera on my rv, where it is needed, not on a 15-16 foot car.
  • Options
    - 2009 TL with tech ----> 32,942 including dest. Am tempted to take this offer. What do you guys say ??

- Is Acura coming out with a new model for TL this year ? Would that bring the price of the 2009 model further down ?

- Also, does anyone know if the incentives in June will be better than the ones being offered now ??

Please help.
  • Options
    The only thing I have heard is that Acura will be equipping the TL with a 6 speed manual. I have no idea what that will do to the price. At the time I purchased the CU 'bottom line" price for that model was $33150. They deduct 'everything' including holdback and incentives to arrive at that price, tho' they do include destination..
  • Options
    neilmanneilman Member Posts: 42
    Having a tough time pulling the trigger on a TL. Really love the new look, edgy, futuristic and bold. But:

TL with tech:
    Seat too firm, lumbar support protrudes too much even when fully adjusted back...has anyone else found this to be true? I have a history of back problems...do not want to make a mistake and have to re-sell quickly and lose money. I'm told by the dealer the SH seat is softer...have yet to test it fully. Acura info is that SH side bolsters are enhanced...nothing about the whole seat being softer...is it really softer all around?

Wheels are a real problem...dislike the stock wheels look and size too small. Upgrades are ridiculously priced...around 3k for chrome with new tires. Could spend the same money to get the SH instead...but really concerned about the hard ride with the sport tuned suspension. The wheels on the SH are better...but not ideal...as they show too much of the brake assembly etc. Also, there aren't even any pictures of the car with the upgraded chrome wheel option...the pics on th acura site are with wheels that are not what is offered as an option...pretty ridiculous actually not to have the pics showing the options being offered.

Would love to have softer seats and AWD without firm suspension. How firm is it really anyway? I would not typically buy something with a firm ride. Love the idea of AWD since we got tons of rain here in South Florida and my gut feeling is it would be safer and fun to drive.

The infiniti G is my next choice...pretty much giving me all I need...but not too excited about the styling, smaller size, and the fact that model is mid-generation and will change in 2 to 3 years. May have to pull the trigger and get the G if I can't find a solution that works on the TL. The G offers factory upgraded performance wheels for an additional $500...very reasonable compared to $3k wheels for the TL...and can't even find any pics to see what it would look like (the build your TL web pics aren't good at all)....and no information on what tires would be installed with the chrome wheels...I'm thinking a 245/50/18 would be less harsh than a 245/45/18 like what you get on the SH, but I think they use the lower profile 45s.

Help!

Thanks!